Discontinued ThermoVape

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Will the moisture conditioned mouthpiece work with the T1 as well as the Revolution?

This is only recommended for use on the ThermoVape T1 by experienced or expert vaporists. The more restricted airflow of the of the Pure-Flow filter means there is no warm up time on the ThermoVape T1, and once vapor production begins then the ThermoVape T1 must be pulsed on and off to avoid over heating your botanical.

The ThermoVape T1 and Pure-Flow is a powerful and potent combination and there is a Learning Curve. The vapor is much cooler and smoother and as a result it can be difficult to tell how much vapor you are getting.

That being said, the Filter increases the efficiency and also the battery life.

There is a learning curve.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,
I have now had the device for a very long time and used it a countless amount of times and I commend Thermovape for building an amazing device. The one x-factor is the batteries. With one of my sets of batteries I will get a HUGE cloud on my first hit after holding the button down for only five seconds, but with another set of batteries I have to hold it down for 10 secs to get a very small hit on my first draw. With another pair of batteries I will not get any vapor at all. If the batteries were consistent and worked 100% of the time I would give this device a 12/10. The only problem is the inconsistency of the batteries. Thankfully thermovape has been very generous in replacing my batteries that were appearing to have problems but it seems after multiple uses a day my batteries are once again starting to have problems. From an outside perspective it sounds like I must just be a retard and doing something wrong with the batteries, but I am doing nothing other than using them, then charging them. I don't store them near any heat or a power source. I treat the batteries with care it just appears they always decide to shit on me. Thanks for a great device Thermovape.

Futuretvowner,

PB88123

Vaporist
I have now had the device for a very long time and used it a countless amount of times and I commend Thermovape for building an amazing device. The one x-factor is the batteries. With one of my sets of batteries I will get a HUGE cloud on my first hit after holding the button down for only five seconds, but with another set of batteries I have to hold it down for 10 secs to get a very small hit on my first draw. With another pair of batteries I will not get any vapor at all. If the batteries were consistent and worked 100% of the time I would give this device a 12/10. The only problem is the inconsistency of the batteries. Thankfully thermovape has been very generous in replacing my batteries that were appearing to have problems but it seems after multiple uses a day my batteries are once again starting to have problems. From an outside perspective it sounds like I must just be a retard and doing something wrong with the batteries, but I am doing nothing other than using them, then charging them. I don't store them near any heat or a power source. I treat the batteries with care it just appears they always decide to shit on me. Thanks for a great device Thermovape.

Here is something that might help you know your TV / batteries better.

To make sure the TV is working correctly I will turn the TV upside down and unscrew the top cap and let my herb fall into the top cap. I will turn the TV on and watch it warm up. I make sure it is a bright orange / hottest it can get. Once it looks good to go I keep it on and screw the top cap back on and begin inhaling.

Doing what I describe I can tell that sometimes it takes 5-8 seconds to get where I like it or it can take 10-15 seconds if I have not used it in awhile and the batteries are half dead.

Another thing you can do is when it is empty put in fresh batteries (ones you think are having problems) and just turn it on and watch. You can put the top cap on and inhale with nothing in there. If it looks like everything is working go ahead and fill it up and turn it on. See if it works.

PB88123,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
One thing i would like to recommend when charging your batteries, i always let them cool off to room temp before putting them back in the charger. It will help them recover and condition them to recieve a fresh full charge.

I also like to keep the T1 housing warm while im in a vaping session, the batteries wont have to work as hard to fire up the core and you can notice a decent improvement in battery life when doing so.

Tim

SameOldTim,
Reactions: PB88123

darkrom

Great Scott!
So the Pure-Flow looks like exactly what I want, but it also looks like you are saying it is really made for the rev and not the T1? I don't know what you mean by expert vaporist, but I've owned a dozen vapes or so now, I hope I qualify because this sounds awesome.

How does it extend battery life exactly? I'm very interested because it sounds like what I really wanted for this thing :)

darkrom,
So the Pure-Flow looks like exactly what I want, but it also looks like you are saying it is really made for the rev and not the T1? I don't know what you mean by expert vaporist, but I've owned a dozen vapes or so now, I hope I qualify because this sounds awesome.

How does it extend battery life exactly? I'm very interested because it sounds like what I really wanted for this thing :)
Yeah I'm interested in this also. I'm still kinda confused on the purpose of this device. Is it to limit the harsh vapor for people who use the TV for strictly medical reasons?

Futuretvowner,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
My T1 just came. Thank you UPS. Thank you Amazon. Boy, am I ripped. The T1 is definitely a winner. Reading the entire thread had me pretty well prepared, and I watched the full take-apart video, so the mechanics held no surprises. The T1 just became my new favorite carry around, and I've only had it an hour and a half! Have I mentioned that I'm really ripped? I'm going to continue testing while I write this, so it can only get worse...

/freeflow review
Nice enough packaging, sort of, but not a great first impression; the plastic is just too thin and flimsy. The contents, on the other hand, were just as expected. Pictures don't do the T1 justice. Fits in the hand nicely. Not as much tension in the slide switch as I expected from my readings here; it shouldn't be a problem for me. Have to investigate a nice carrying case; maybe a re-purposed flashlight pouch. OK, plug in the charger, drop the first two batteries in. 15 minutes later, they've both been green for five minutes, drop 'em back into the T1. Pop batteries three and four into the charger. Just topping off the 75% factory charge before using them the first time.

Crumble up a tiny bit of sourband (SourDiesel - Headband hybrid, tested at 19%, really really good stuff) with my fingers, 3/4 fill the bowl, close it up, hold the switch for a ten second count, then direct lung inhale for 30 seconds. Nice taste; not exactly the same as the first bag from my Volcano; not exactly the same as from the first hit from my MFLB. Maybe not quite as sweet, and there seems to be something else there, but still very nice. Then I remember that this is hit number one, and there may be a slight taste to the virgin T1 itself; file this thought away for later. Release switch, hold breath for 20 seconds, very small cloud, sort of, uhh almost. Shrug. OK, try again, hold switch for ten seconds, then direct lung suck for 30 seconds, realize too late I have taken way too much, and cough my brains out. Big cloud. Big rush. Big smile. Put the second check mark on the piece of paper to keep track of how many hits I get out of a set of batteries. No need to give up science just because I'm smiling.

Repeat, stopping this time after maybe 20 seconds of inhale rather than 30. Still almost too much, but manageable, another huge cloud. A big sweet misty cloud. Very big smile. Realize I am whacked out of my mind. Hit four is pretty much the same, but no sweet taste anymore. Open the top, notice I've only vaped the center core of the load, remember from reading here that I was supposed to stir the load. Stir the load. Decide to refine my breathing technique depending on whether I am on hit one or hit five of a load, and whether or not the T1 is already hot. More on that later. So I get nine really good hits out of the first load. Could have gotten another hit out of it, but the taste was pretty grungy, and the ABV was totally dark brown. The batteries had one more hit worth left in them, which I subsequently used for the first hit of load two. Dump the ABV, take a dry paper towel, clean the top and bottom of the bowl. Crumble in another tiny bit, fill the bowl 2/3 this time, do the first hit on the old batteries, which sort of give up the ghost after half an inhale. Load up two freshly charged new batteries, smile some more, do another hit, then wait for the two spent batteries to cool off, and for me to cool off, put the batteries in the charger, set the stopwatch. Decide to start writing this while doing more hits.
/end freeflow

OK, it's a couple of hours later, and I'm less stoned. Short form. The T1 works; it really, really works. One bowlful = one pair of batteries = about ten hits. Works for me, seems to work for everyone else, easy to remember, ymmv. You can probably milk the batteries a little, but why bother, one bowlful = one pair of batteries is just too easy to remember. Let them cool off before you recharge them. Can't really see using a grinder, unless your stuff is really moist. Finger crumpled bud gets fully vaped (remember to stir/shake once in a while), and isn't tiny enough to fly through the upper holes in the bowl (or fall through the same holes in the bottom).

What else. The taste got better after the first couple of loads; no foreign tastes or smells at all. Maybe slightly less sweet but more minty than I'm used to with this strain, but definitely very nice. The first set of used up batteries just flipped from red to green. One hour and 40 minutes to fully charge a pair of totally dead batteries. Not noticeably warm. Wonder if this charger "tops off" the batteries if you leave them in for a little while after the lights go green.

Ordered some very cool PowerPax battery caddies (one black, one orange, two glow). Ordered an assortment of optional tips from Thermoessence (one long black, one PTFE, one revolution). Wish I knew about the new stirring tool before I ordered, but no great loss, I can always order it by itself. Have four more batteries on order from a third party. Everyone is back-ordered on batteries for the next two weeks, but the six that came with the T1 kit should hold me. I've seen some outrageous prices on these batteries; you shouldn't pay more than about three bucks and change each for them.

More random notes: Half used batteries take more like 15 seconds to warm up a cold heat chamber. If you want to check things out for yourself, just take the top off, look through the holes in the bottom of an empty bowl and hold down the switch and see how long it takes for the chamber to glow fully orange. Check on a cold T1 and a hot T1. Check with a full battery and a half full battery. You can also tell a lot about battery state by feeling for the mouth tube getting hotter (or not) at the end of 20 second steady hit. The stream itself never seems to get really hot, but the (short, stock delrin) mouthpiece sure does after a bunch of consecutive hits.

I'm still refining my technique for best use of the T1, but I've already figured out that the breathing and powering technique is very different depending on how I'm using the T1. When I'm sitting at home, taking one hit every five minutes or so for an hour, I need a different technique from when I'm taking five or six rapid hits, one after another, during a ten minute break at work.

One of the key things I got out of this thread, particularly from OF's observations, was to always keep in mind that the T1 is a true convection vaporizer, and there are two parts to convection vaporizing. (1) Getting the heat source up to temp and keeping it there, and (2) getting the hot air to go through the load, heating it up and then leaching out the good stuff on its way into your lungs. (More of OF's wisdom, if not his exact words).

The count to ten part preheat takes care of getting the T1's heat chamber up to temp. But that's only half the equation. You gotta suck hot air through the T1 for a while to heat up the load before the hot air will carry off the good stuff. Once the chamber and bowl and load are warm/hot, it doesn't take much effort to get huge sweet clouds; after two or three hits, almost no pre-heat switch is necessary, and great vapor exists as soon as you start inhaling. From a cold start however, it's a different story. It can take another 15 or 30 seconds of sucking air before you start getting any good stuff, even after preheating by holding down the switch for ten seconds. Just holding the switch won't do it, even if you count to 30; you have to also move hot air through the load.

I really wanted to thank everyone for all the comments in this thread; it made the decision to buy easy, and the learning curve slight. OF: your insights and advice have been spot on; your breath advice in particular. Thanks! vapefiend: nice review of the T1 last week, thanks for all you do.

Haywood

Oh, and how cool is using the raw preform of a two liter soda bottle as the battery holder.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I also like to keep the T1 housing warm while im in a vaping session, the batteries wont have to work as hard to fire up the core and you can notice a decent improvement in battery life when doing so.

Tim
Setting it on a warm surface really helps a lot. I set mine on my PD and it seems to really readiate the heat and makes for quicker clouds.

:2c:

Stu,
Something that could be placed inside of the bowl so I could completely stir it by partially unscrewing the cap. Like if a little piece was attached to the top cap so that I could partially start to unscrew the cap and It would fully stir the bowl inside without me having to fully unscrew the cap and flip the bowl over. I usually have to flip and stir 2 or 3 times per bowl and I always end up losing bud flipping if I am on the go.

Futuretvowner,

OF

I really wanted to thank everyone for all the comments in this thread; it made the decision to buy easy, and the learning curve slight. OF: your insights and advice have been spot on; your breath advice in particular. Thanks! vapefiend: nice review of the T1 last week, thanks for all you do.

First off, you're very welcome and thanks very much for the feedback. I hope you realize how gratifying it is to help another fellow up the trail?

Secondly, first rate report. Top drawer. Solid observations with supporting data, clear first hand impressions. It doesn't get much better.....

Lastly, there are still some poor souls out there that have not believed the user reports enough to find out for themselves. I wonder if some of that might be guys being scared off the idea by nay sayers who probably have never tried the unit, let alone got to understand and master it. You know the types, 'battery life like that is a deal breaker for me'? First cousin to 'I need bigger clouds'. Sour grapes stuff, but I think it might get in the way of the message that the T1 is as really good as it is. A top quality machine built by guys that did their home work.

I'm new to this 'like' stuff, and even though it's kinda self serving after you said such nice things about me and all, but I'm about to sign off and go 'like' your excellent post. Thanks again.

OF

OF,
Reactions: PB88123
Also the thermo non stick vapor tool looks like it is mainly built for the Revolution adapter. I don't really see how the tool would help me with my T1 anymore than a little paperclip or something. Looks like it would work wonders for the revolution but just dont see how it would help the t1. Please correct me if I'm wrong/ share how you use that tool.

Futuretvowner,

PB88123

Vaporist
Lastly, there are still some poor souls out there that have not believed the user reports enough to find out for themselves. I wonder if some of that might be guys being scared off the idea by nay sayers who probably have never tried the unit, let alone got to understand and master it. You know the types, 'battery life like that is a deal breaker for me'? First cousin to 'I need bigger clouds'. Sour grapes stuff, but I think it might get in the way of the message that the T1 is as really good as it is. A top quality machine built by guys that did their home work.

OF

I have 7 sets of batteries and I get 70-80 hits and around 35 minutes of on time before I have to recharge. That is 7 bowls or around .5g to .7g before recharging. I have 3 holders for 4 batteries and 2 loaded and ready to go along with a contacts case with fresh bud and a place to put my ABV.

Also the thermo non stick vapor tool looks like it is mainly built for the Revolution adapter. I don't really see how the tool would help me with my T1 anymore than a little paperclip or something. Looks like it would work wonders for the revolution but just dont see how it would help the t1. Please correct me if I'm wrong/ share how you use that tool.

"This material is perfect for use in a vapor tool because it will not damage the finish on your ThermoVape vaporizer."

"Cleaning out grinders as it will not damage or dull the blades."

Those are 2 reasons and 1 reason for the T1. From Post 2443 and their web site.

PB88123,

OF

Also the thermo non stick vapor tool looks like it is mainly built for the Revolution adapter.

I think you're right about that. A lovely thing for sure, but not much use with T1.

The problem as I see it with trying to stir the pot is not simple. A arm or wire attached to the cap would be easy to cobble up with the holes available, but that would only get the load to rotate with the cap unless you also rigged something from below. Even then, I think the mix would be random and partial. A rotary scheme is blocked by the mouthpiece. Perhaps a two piece cap could be made to get around this by letting the center section with mouthpiece rotate? Or maybe 'pop up' to increase the volume to allow shaking to mix before pushing the top back down for the next hit?

Anyway, some serious work on what is basically a very simple machine. Perhaps eventually a cap replacement could upgrade existing units? For myself, I'll keep dumping the load into my palm to recrush a few times before depending on shaking (loosen the cap first) to mix just like I do with MFLB.

OF

OF,
I think you're right about that. A lovely thing for sure, but not much use with T1.

The problem as I see it with trying to stir the pot is not simple. A arm or wire attached to the cap would be easy to cobble up with the holes available, but that would only get the load to rotate with the cap unless you also rigged something from below. Even then, I think the mix would be random and partial. A rotary scheme is blocked by the mouthpiece. Perhaps a two piece cap could be made to get around this by letting the center section with mouthpiece rotate? Or maybe 'pop up' to increase the volume to allow shaking to mix before pushing the top back down for the next hit?

Anyway, some serious work on what is basically a very simple machine. Perhaps eventually a cap replacement could upgrade existing units? For myself, I'll keep dumping the load into my palm to recrush a few times before depending on shaking (loosen the cap first) to mix just like I do with MFLB.

OF

Yeah whenever I'm sitting around stirring the bowl is pretty easy I just flip the cap and shake then put it back in the bowl. I always just seem to find myself on the go when using the device and or in the dark so whenever I flip I lose a tiny bit of bud. Kinda hard to put to words an idea for this mechanism but one possibility could be a little paddle shaped metal piece that goes through one of the holes in the center of the cap so that when you twist off your cap the little paddle spins thus stirring the bowl. It would take a pretty thin piece of metal to fit through one of the caps holes but it could work. Also you would put the little paddle in by taking off the cap and putting it through the inside. Hopefully one hole covered wouldn't restrict air flow too much. Just a suggestion but hopefully the engineers at tv can design something to stir the bowl with.

Futuretvowner,

druminfected

Yeah whenever I'm sitting around stirring the bowl is pretty easy I just flip the cap and shake then put it back in the bowl. I always just seem to find myself on the go when using the device and or in the dark so whenever I flip I lose a tiny bit of bud. Kinda hard to put to words an idea for this mechanism but one possibility could be a little paddle shaped metal piece that goes through one of the holes in the center of the cap so that when you twist off your cap the little paddle spins thus stirring the bowl. It would take a pretty thin piece of metal to fit through one of the caps holes but it could work. Also you would put the little paddle in by taking off the cap and putting it through the inside. Hopefully one hole covered wouldn't restrict air flow too much. Just a suggestion but hopefully the engineers at tv can design something to stir the bowl with.

Have you ever seen the vapor blunt before? sounds kinda what your talking about, but it's the best stirring device I've personally seen in a portable herbal vaporizer before. I'm sure i'll see more and more vaporizers using this kinda technique or close to it. :tup:

druminfected,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Still wanna know the answers to the question I asked about the pure flow. Then I'll gladly order one :)

darkrom,

OF

Have you ever seen the vapor blunt before? sounds kinda what your talking about, but it's the best stirring device I've personally seen in a portable herbal vaporizer before. I'm sure i'll see more and more vaporizers using this kinda technique or close to it. :tup:

I gave some thought to the idea early on. I think it's an easy thing to drop a loop of wire through two holes from the top and form them into a 'paddle' of sorts inside the bowl. But it would make a mess, spilling some of the load as you tried to 'screw' it into the top and it wouldn't really stir the load as when it's moist it would stick into a lump and ride the paddle around and around. You'd need a 'scraper' wire from the bottom that didn't move....all of which would make cleaning between bowls more of an issue. I just don't find dumping and messing with it or loosening the top and shaking when dry a big deal....actually I kinda enjoy it as it increases the 'hands on' part.

Might be fun to play with some day.

Still wanna know the answers to the question I asked about the pure flow. Then I'll gladly order one :)

One question, several answers? Sorry I missed that one. I don't know what "pure flow" is. If you can repeat the question, or give the post number I'll see if I have anything intelligent (not all that likely) or humorous (likely, but subjective) to contribute?

OF

OF,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid

I think these are the questions. I would like to know the answers as well. I would especially like to know how one goes about determining if they are an expert vaporists before placing the order? :D

*Edited to correct typos*

Gonzo,
Top Bottom