Discontinued ThermoVape

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Adobewan said:
Cool(and funny) regarding all the testing TV, just something to keep in mind during testing, I think FC members may be as interested in the performance of the Revolution as well as it's ability withstand ocean depths, the cold of deep space, or a hobo's morning breath

Please include some cloud production in your initial testing vids.
Good luck!

Performance Testing, in more ways than one. Did I mention we test our devices? :)

ThermoVape,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Adobewan said:
Cool(and funny) regarding all the testing TV, just something to keep in mind during testing, I think FC members may be as interested in the performance of the Revolution as well as it's ability withstand ocean depths, the cold of deep space, or a hobo's morning breath

Please include some cloud production in your initial testing vids.
Good luck!

Part of why we post videos of the durability of the device is because it speaks to the quality of the materials and our production process. We feel it speaks to the relability and value of the ThermoVape.

Our testers are all medical users, they do not want to be filmed (some of these folks are quite ill) and we do not want to make them do anything they do not want to. It is thier feedback at has shaped the ThermoVape. It was our goal to give the medical user a simple, robust device. The consensus was that our test group wanted something that worked by convection, did not require a lot of buttons or switches, wouldn't break of they dropped it, and that they could take with them in their pocket, would work in the cold, work at elevation, work if they were wearing gloves, and that if something broke they could replace just the part they needed, not have to throw the whole thing in the garbage.

So our testing is focused, and we aimed to build the product the medical users (who we were fortunate to be able to work with through many prototype and design revisions) helped us build.

The thermoVape is a device built for the medical user, and with the medical user in mind. We have not even asked any of our medical users to make a video, it seems inappropriate. No product is ever considered complete until it has gotten the seal of approval from our medical testers, and we have refined and optimized the product to the limit of our ability.

We are probably better off leaving the making of videos of huge vapor clouds to you guys!

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
My TV came in today! I have ran a couple bowls through it, I have some initial impressions

First hit, I tried a long slow draw with a five second warmup time. VERY tasty, though not much visible vapor. Cool. Not bad. Unscrewed the cap, looked about the same.
Second hit, I gave it a little bit longer warmup time. Used the same draw speed more or less, but on exhale this one was a cloud! Very impressed. Looked inside again, it was time for a stir. No big deal. Screwed it back in and i was able to get about 3 more satisying hits from it before the batteries were spent. Thats ok though, the TV was getting pretty hot by then (particularly the slide switch, but that comes with the design).
_
As of now I am experimenting with micro hitting, and getting consistent hits. I can almost always taste and feel the inhales but I'll be honest here; I like blowing behemoth clouds. comes at the expense of battery life, of course (power adapter, anyone? Just look at how well it went over in the MFLB camp).

Once these batteries are charged I will be back at it. Might be onto something with this one.

Peloton,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Peloton said:
My TV came in today! I have ran a couple bowls through it, I have some initial impressions

First hit, I tried a long slow draw with a five second warmup time. VERY tasty, though not much visible vapor. Cool. Not bad. Unscrewed the cap, looked about the same.
Second hit, I gave it a little bit longer warmup time. Used the same draw speed more or less, but on exhale this one was a cloud! Very impressed. Looked inside again, it was time for a stir. No big deal. Screwed it back in and i was able to get about 3 more satisying hits from it before the batteries were spent. Thats ok though, the TV was getting pretty hot by then (particularly the slide switch, but that comes with the design).
_
As of now I am experimenting with micro hitting, and getting consistent hits. I can almost always taste and feel the inhales but I'll be honest here; I like blowing behemoth clouds. comes at the expense of battery life, of course (power adapter, anyone? Just look at how well it went over in the MFLB camp).

Once these batteries are charged I will be back at it. Might be onto something with this one.

Thrilled you are enjoying your ThermoVape! Excited to hear your thought after you have a few more rounds on it!

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

Kaptan

I just boiled the cap and thermocore. It really does make a difference in performance when the thermocore is clean. I was able to get a few great pulls that didn't even seem hot on my throat, but HUGE clouds and great sour d taste. I''d recommend boiling these two parts after about 10 bowls and consider more frequently if you use a finer grind.

Kaptan,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Kaptan said:
I just boiled the cap and thermocore. It really does make a difference in performance when the thermocore is clean. I was able to get a few great pulls that didn't even seem hot on my throat, but HUGE clouds and great sour d taste. I''d recommend boiling these two parts after about 10 bowls and consider more frequently if you use a finer grind.

:whoa:

I like this feedback! Going to get the guts to do it soon. One of the things I love about the design is the fact that you can do this with it. So pragmatic and simple.

t-dub

Edit @Pecos VVV you nailed many of my impressions as well. Well said.

t-dub,

pecosthecat

I took the ThermoVape for a test ride last night. I'll reserve final judgement for a bit. More testing over the weekend is in order. :brow:

First impressions:

• Simple and Robust design. There is not a lot that can break.[/*]
  • The entire unit can be completely cleaned/sterilized. This was really my primary reason for getting the ThermoVape in the first place. I need a portable unit that can be completely cleaned and sterilized before crossing borders. My ThermoVape will put on a lot of milage. In the next 6 months I need to travel throughout Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Europe and probably a quick trip to the USA, as well.[/*]
  • The ThermoVape is not a be-all, end-all vaporizer. It is not really suitable for party type situations where it would be shared among a group. However, it really is perfect for quick, discrete and effective vaping on the go. I guess its analog in the combustion universe would be the good 'ole one-hitter.[/*]
  • There is a bit of a learning curve in getting the hang of using the ThermoVape. I was not getting big clouds with my first bowl, but did get thoroughly medicated. In terms of efficiency, I found it to be comparable with the MFLB. That being said, the MFLB has been my go-to vaporizer for the past 1.5 years. I recall the learning curve with the MFLB was pretty steep.[/*]
  • The design of the switch could be a problem for people with arthritis or carpel tunnel. I found that my thumb cramped up a bit. I think a design that provides a bit more friction between the switch and thumb would be better. That being said, the design of the switch is very safe. There is really no way that it could switch on inside one's pocket, bag, etc. Rightly so, safety trumps convenience/ease of operation.[/*]
  • The revolution accessory will bring this vape to the next level. Having a vaporizer that can handle hash is a big plus. Being able to get +- 100 hits from a single set of batteries really sounds nice.[/*]
  • The ThermoVape does not look like a vaporizer or smoking device. Discrete vaping in public could be pulled off easily.[/*]
  • Taste of the first couple of hits of a bowl was very nice.[/*]
  • I found the battery power sufficient to finish off the bowl completely with one set of batteries.[/*]
  • Some sort of power adapter attachment would be fantastic. It would be great to be able to run the unit off of mains power. This should be very easy to design by swapping out the battery compartment with a screw in power adapter.[/*]

My first impressions are positive.

pecosthecat,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
sessnet said:
So...After about a week of the ThermoVape...I've regressed back to the MLFB yesterday.
:(

Sorry to hear. I can totally relate. I had the same experience but with the MFLB. had a cool unit, got a 2nd one, read the FAQ many times and tried lots of tricks, 2700Mah batteries and it just never got the job done for me. I spent many hours trying to make it work effectively. Who knows...

I had fits with my omicron too at first (wasn't sucking hard enough) and now I just love the omicron.

My EQ and Solo worked great straight out of the box.

ru_frothi,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
That's the good and bad thing about finding a good vaporizer for you. You never know which one is the best for you unless you use it for a long time, and try different ones. Which could mean spending $ (bad), and learning (good)! Growing pains!

Which vape(s) were the ones that you preferred over MFLB?

Edit: ahh I see your sig. Thanks! Looking at the Solo seriously...but not sure if I want to carry around pieces...and a case or whatnot. I would love 1 piece or a small vape/case for that perfect portable (aka MFLB or TV).

sessnet,

Kaptan

sessnet said:
That's the good and bad thing about finding a good vaporizer for you. You never know which one is the best for you unless you use it for a long time, and try different ones. Which could mean spending $ (bad), and learning (good)! Growing pains!

Which vape(s) were the ones that you preferred over MFLB?

Edit: ahh I see your sig. Thanks! Looking at the Solo seriously...but not sure if I want to carry around pieces...and a case or whatnot. I would love 1 piece or a small vape/case for that perfect portable (aka MFLB or TV).
What part of NJ are you from? You can try out my solo if you're not too far.

Kaptan,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Most awesome invitation ever!

I am in Jersey City/Near the Holland Tunnel.
Looks like you are a few hours away in South Jersey. I spent a lot of my childhood in Cape May. I love it down there. Around what parts are you?

Edit: If I can make it over - I can bring my ThermoVape so you can try if you have not already!

sessnet,

Kaptan

sessnet said:

Looks like you are a few hours away in South Jersey. I spent a lot of my childhood in Cape May. I love it down there. Around what parts are you?

Edit: If I can make it over - I can bring my ThermoVape so you can try if you have not already!
I'm actually closer to Philadelphia - near cherry hill. I have a TV as well. Send me an email if you want to come down.

Kaptan,
Kaptan said:
sessnet said:

I'm actually closer to Philadelphia - near cherry hill. I have a TV as well. Send me an email if you want to come down.
Hey Guys Im a heavy DAILY MFLB user for 8 months now and im really interested in trying the TV. I live 15mins from Jersey City and work near Philly. I was just about to pull the trigger on the TV but im gonna get a HI instead(my very first log-vape). I'll wait to see what kind of Revolution will occur next week lol...then i'll decide

mflb_hustler,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
mflb_hustler said:
I live 15mins from Jersey City

I am getting the Revolution the day I find out that it comes out, and it is for sale. You can try mine out - if you'd like, before you buy it! Heck, depending how I feel - I might even sell it...but not sure about it yet.

Let me know!

sessnet,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
pecosthecat said:
I took the ThermoVape for a test ride last night. I'll reserve final judgement for a bit. More testing over the weekend is in order. :brow:

First impressions:

• Simple and Robust design. There is not a lot that can break.[/*]
  • The entire unit can be completely cleaned/sterilized. This was really my primary reason for getting the ThermoVape in the first place. I need a portable unit that can be completely cleaned and sterilized before crossing borders. My ThermoVape will put on a lot of milage. In the next 6 months I need to travel throughout Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Europe and probably a quick trip to the USA, as well.[/*]
  • The ThermoVape is not a be-all, end-all vaporizer. It is not really suitable for party type situations where it would be shared among a group. However, it really is perfect for quick, discrete and effective vaping on the go. I guess its analog in the combustion universe would be the good 'ole one-hitter.[/*]
  • There is a bit of a learning curve in getting the hang of using the ThermoVape. I was not getting big clouds with my first bowl, but did get thoroughly medicated. In terms of efficiency, I found it to be comparable with the MFLB. That being said, the MFLB has been my go-to vaporizer for the past 1.5 years. I recall the learning curve with the MFLB was pretty steep.[/*]
  • The design of the switch could be a problem for people with arthritis or carpel tunnel. I found that my thumb cramped up a bit. I think a design that provides a bit more friction between the switch and thumb would be better. That being said, the design of the switch is very safe. There is really no way that it could switch on inside one's pocket, bag, etc. Rightly so, safety trumps convenience/ease of operation.[/*]
  • The revolution accessory will bring this vape to the next level. Having a vaporizer that can handle hash is a big plus. Being able to get +- 100 hits from a single set of batteries really sounds nice.[/*]
  • The ThermoVape does not look like a vaporizer or smoking device. Discrete vaping in public could be pulled off easily.[/*]
  • Taste of the first couple of hits of a bowl was very nice.[/*]
  • I found the battery power sufficient to finish off the bowl completely with one set of batteries.[/*]
  • Some sort of power adapter attachment would be fantastic. It would be great to be able to run the unit off of mains power. This should be very easy to design by swapping out the battery compartment with a screw in power adapter.[/*]

My first impressions are positive.

Great review. I have to tell you I am very excited about the ThermoVape going on your travels with you! If you could take pictures of the ThermoVape in all those countries we will build a gallery on our website! Your ThermoVape and it's international adventures would make for a very cool gallery!

We will make it worth your while! :D

Cheers,

thermoVape

ThermoVape,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
ThermoVape said:
If you could take pictures of the ThermoVape in all those countries we will build a gallery on our website! Your ThermoVape and it's international adventures would make for a very cool gallery!

We will make it worth your while! :D

Roger wilco. Fantastic idea. The deck of a cruise ship I am thinking . . . :cool:

t-dub,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
I REALLY want a Revolution right now! Got a couple grams of earwax just sitting around looking bored waiting for something to do ;)

SF Giant,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
1 glimpse:

20120113_144629Large.jpg

ThermoVape,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
SF Giant said:
I REALLY want a Revolution right now! Got a couple grams of earwax just sitting around looking bored waiting for something to do ;)

The Revolution will begin, 7pm Pacific Standard time, here on the FC forum!

We have them ready, final stages of getting them added to the website are occurring.

ThermoVape,

OF

SF Giant said:

You and me both, Bro. Actually, I've got a couple types I'm gonna run through it. Biggest decision is which first? Too bad it's not going to be cartridge based with low cost swapping an option like on the Omicron. I can't decide, for instance, to try a current fav on the Omicron so I can compare the two machines head to head (so to speak.....) or trying something nice the Omicron won't handle (bubble hash or maybe that expensive taffy that jammed up the works on the Omicron).

No sense both of us losing sleep keeping the TV guys honest, seems to me like we could watch them in shifts? That way one of us could get some sleep and all..... Which watch you want?

OF

OF,

Soulhunter

ThermoVape said:
SF Giant said:

We have them ready, final stages of getting them added to the website are occurring.

Yes!!!! Let the revolution begin.

EDIT: Can u give us price now?

Soulhunter,

OF

ThermoVape said:
SF Giant said:

Most cool. I've got your address here somewhere..........

I'm sure not about to let you guys do a repeat on what you did to my poor TV unit. It's getting better all the time now, you know. But I still have to take it to group sessions, and it's still not ready to relate to other vapes.......

OF

OF,
Top Bottom