Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

OF

slightly confused, http://thermovape.com/products/universal-adapter and http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=510-%2d-KR808%2dD1%2d-DSC-901--Adapter both fit into the omicron HVD and then let me thread my 510 male dart ontop. So I guess they aren't backwards, theres no stripping or cross threading of either they both just fit differently, D9V has a vent hole on the bottom, TV's does not. edit: yea that link was the original link you gave me to use omi on TV, the was the one I had to make vent holes on the sides. lol sorry for the confusion, I'm pretty sure these 2 are the ones I need, as they both screw on my HVD and make yum vapor come out of my dart, but don't know which one would work best.

Quite right, I was responding to the "running an omicron on my ultralite" part. You said you had two 'TV on my Omicron' ones already, I didn't think you needed another?

Right about the air hole up the center, that's an e-cig thing, useless to us basically. It's for e-cigs with a switch in the battery operated by the draw.

OF

OF,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Quite right, I was responding to the "running an omicron on my ultralite" part. You said you had two 'TV on my Omicron' ones already, I didn't think you needed another?

Right about the air hole up the center, that's an e-cig thing, useless to us basically. It's for e-cigs with a switch in the battery operated by the draw.

OF
sweet, Yes I meant I have a version of thermovapes, and a version of THC's. Hah I was confusing myself as well. Do you use either? I guess I'll stick to thermovapes, it seems to fit a tad better and reading from the website: "Unique to the ThermoVape F510-M601 Adapter is the ability of our contact post to adapt to different depths of contacts found on different devices, giving you additional confidence that the adapter will work across a number of different units."

kushcabbage,

OF

sweet, Yes I meant I have a version of thermovapes, and a version of THC's. Hah I was confusing myself as well. Do you use either? I guess I'll stick to thermovapes, it seems to fit a tad better and reading from the website: "Unique to the ThermoVape F510-M601 Adapter is the ability of our contact post to adapt to different depths of contacts found on different devices, giving you additional confidence that the adapter will work across a number of different units."

I actually regularly use both systems, both have advantages IMO. I also have the TV adapter, and while the center contacts all seem to float (I have 5 or 6 different makes...), the TV definitely has the most float. This is essential, the Omicron carts also have (a small bit of) float.....

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

Sorry but I have to strongly disagree, the TV adapter has little to no "float" (if float means center contact freedom of movement like I think it does) because the TV center is set in teflon, it moves less than a millimeter.

But my biggest gripe is the TV adapter does not fully thread on to the m601 socket. It fully threads the 510 device only, this means you get wobble in the socket. And in long-term use you can actually ruin the threading in the m601 socket.

I have been using the delta9 adapter since that debacle, it threads onto the m601 device fully and is stable as OEM. Also the center contact is held by silicone instead of ptfe and can move much further...

I just can't recommend the TV adapter for any m601 device until their m601 threading is greatly improved...

OF

float = good? is this the gap at the base of the unit/top of battery head

Yes it's good, essential even. No, that's not what it is, that's gap in technical terms.....

Float is the ability of the center pin to move mechanically to maintain contact. In this system position of the connector is controlled by the threads and outer connection. Float lets small differences work, otherwise each cart would have to be custom fitted to match.

Most systems use a solid connector in the battery (TV is the exception here, there the switch floats) so "compliance" has to happen in the load.

Poke a bit at the Omicron center pin and you'll see. Then poke at a TV cart, it's solid (on a PTFE bushing, not silicone rubber).

In both cases, any adapter has to float if it's going to work.....so it's a good thing.

Sorry but I have to strongly disagree, the TV adapter has little to no "float" (if float means center contact freedom of movement like I think it does) because the TV center is set in teflon, it moves less than a millimeter.

Fine by me, I just checked mine again, it has a much longer adjustment range than any of my others. The others depend on flexing the silicone, they don't slide at all.

FWIW, I think the TV threads are right, the shell is just too long (or the THC socket too shallow) to come up snug. I suspect this is what broke KT's Persei? He gronked it down tight, leading to the current 'bomb proof connectors THC has gone to?

FWIW, I'd use the TV adapter with a shim (.040 wire IIRC?) or the THC or OnLove units for that reason.

OF

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
thanks for the help gentleman

edit: I just noticed on THC adapter, I can have it in two configurations. One is the adapter is screwed all the way flush into the base of the HVD head, with a small gap between the DART and the adapter. And Two, I can screw the DART into the adapter flush, then screw the assembly into the HVD but there is a small gap between the HVD head and the adapter. Which way is recommended, has anyone else noticed this?

kushcabbage,

JoeKickass

thanks for the help gentleman

edit: I just noticed on THC adapter, I can have it in two configurations. One is the adapter is screwed all the way flush into the base of the HVD head, with a small gap between the DART and the adapter. And Two, I can screw the DART into the adapter flush, then screw the assembly into the HVD but there is a small gap between the HVD head and the adapter. Which way is recommended, has anyone else noticed this?

I would definitely snug it up on the socket not the attachment. I don't know about kertong but that's how the tv adapter stripped my persei top...

edit: yup that's right

JoeKickass,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
Love the new accessories..

My one wish to add to that, would be a load and go REV option. It would be something that would hold .5-1g; and be re-usable so you don't have to lose any when you're done. Just load again.

GReYAReA,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I have a lava tube variable voltage 510 device, with a 18650 battery running at
1600mah. What voltage should I run for best results for the LV D.A.R.T
and also curious if the LV evo will run? I don't know how many watts
it needs to operate. What 510 device will let the d.a.r.t operate the longest and hottest without changing batteries? I'm guessing either the persei or a pro vari running with the extension cap and that longer 3.7 battery? Also one more question, what is the difference in
the 510 thread that comes with the revolution kit for threading a 510
to the T1 base, and the evolution interface:
http://thermovape.com/collections/botanical-convection-vaporizers-parts/products/evolution-interface
Can I use the 510 thread from the revolution for threading the evo
on my t1 or do I absolutely need that interface? Thanks for the help, and excuse all my boring questions. cheers

kushcabbage,

JoeKickass

I have a lava tube variable voltage 510 device, with a 18650 battery running at
1600mah. What voltage should I run for best results for the LV D.A.R.T
and also curious if the LV evo will run? I don't know how many watts
it needs to operate. What 510 device will let the d.a.r.t operate the longest and hottest without changing batteries? I'm guessing either the persei or a pro vari running with the extension cap and that longer 3.7 battery? Also one more question, what is the difference in
the 510 thread that comes with the revolution kit for threading a 510
to the T1 base, and the evolution interface:
http://thermovape.com/collections/botanical-convection-vaporizers-parts/products/evolution-interface
Can I use the 510 thread from the revolution for threading the evo
on my t1 or do I absolutely need that interface? Thanks for the help, and excuse all my boring questions. cheers

4.2v is the max I would go for the lv Dart but if you measure the current and it's under 2 amps you could bump it up carefully I think...

You could get a 17670 battery for your t1 and use your lv Dart on that, would be pretty similar to a 18650 on a persei. You don't really need the interface, it just makes it look nice, the same 510 socket is under your t1 heater (I think that's where it is)

OF

4.2v is the max I would go for the lv Dart but if you measure the current and it's under 2 amps you could bump it up carefully I think...

It shouldn't be. At 4.2 Volts a typical one would be 2.8 Amps. At 3.7 Volts it should be right on the 2.5 Amp limit.

OF

OF,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I notice thermovape's website has a broken link to their 17670's but theres a 3.7 imr 14500 600mAh link for the alpha. I bought this type for the v2 HVD you recommended from light hound, but need to make another for these 17670's cheers

kushcabbage,

OF

I notice thermovape's website has a broken link to their 17670's but theres a 3.7 imr 14500 600mAh link for the alpha. I bought this type for the v2 HVD you recommended from light hound, but need to make another for these 17670's cheers

As long as you have an open order, I'd call 'em. Maybe they can find one to include????

OF

OF,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
As long as you have an open order, I'd call 'em. Maybe they can find one to include????

OF
good suggestion, too bad the first order already shipped, only ordered a day or so ago so they are on top of things over there.

kushcabbage,

togepi258

Ordered my Revolution converstion kit today, can't wait to try it out! Had my friend hook me up with some hash. It's pretty hard to come by, in Texas, so hopefully it's good stuff. I had ordered the DART version, but from what I read on here. that's mainly for oils. I called them up, and they switched it to the window version for me, no problem ^_^ (Had to order from Loadableonline.com since they accept Paypal)

I'm definitely looking forward to trying it out and maybe make the change to concentrates.

togepi258,

OF

I'm definitely looking forward to trying it out and maybe make the change to concentrates.

Good luck to you. For sure it depends on what you feed it, but I think you'll like it even with some pretty lame bubble hash (I've done it). The better it melts (closer to 'supermelt') the better it tends to work. Be ready to open the window or pull the top to stir it with a toothpick to keep the good stuff on the hot part (floor of the chamber) if it doesn't melt down on it's own. The ceramic will absorb a fair bit if it can and meter it back.

OF

OF,

togepi258

Thanks for the tips, OF.

I purchased their anti-stick stirrer too, this should work instead of the toothpick, right? Or is it too big? I mainly got it for the loading.

P.S. If my hash is hard, is there a proper way to soften it? Or should I just break off a small piece and load that?

togepi258,

OF

Thanks for the tips, OF.

I purchased their anti-stick stirrer too, this should work instead of the toothpick, right? Or is it too big? I mainly got it for the loading.

P.S. If my hash is hard, is there a proper way to soften it? Or should I just break off a small piece and load that?

You're welcome, good luck.

I like the tool, I just keep loosing it. Toothpicks I have a bunch of. Just be careful not to chip the ceramic it's sponge like and pretty frail. If you find oil or wax, the tool is a super way to load it in Revolution.

I usually crumble it, sometimes flaming it a second or two will help break it up, just don't go overboard with the heat....no sense wasting any of the good stuff.....

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Thought we would pop in for a quick new product update :D.

Been very busy over here at Thermo. Heading down to Richmond tomorrow as we will be at the HT cup.

We have some new products that we wil be showing this weekend. However, we always announce any new products here first.

So here is a preview. These are not on the website yet, bu will be very soon. No later then monday depending on how wild the cup is.... :D

Are Summer Catalog is just about finished (so please excuse any typos) available fordownload here and the website will be updated soon.

ThermoVapeACPowerSupplykit-1.jpg

We are very excited about the new products. We will have the DC adapter for the Power Supply available soon as well. This is the high voltage model, although when we find the right power supply it will work with low voltage products as well.

Hope you guys and gals like the new gear!

Let us know what you think. Cheers,

ThermoVape

Would my Jameco regulated 6v 3.3amp power source work with the new PA body or would I need to buy a different one?

jambandphan03,

OF

Would my Jameco regulated 6v 3.3amp power source work with the new PA body or would I need to buy a different one?

I've never tried, or even seen one, but I bet the connector is the same and it'll work just fine. Tim knows the supply you're using, perhaps he'll clue us both in?

OF

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I had a great day out and about in 100 degree weather with my dart, wow once you get that ceramic wafer soaked your good to go all day. Had more flavor than spare batteries, back to the charger..
edit: hooray the mailman brought an assortment of batteries! putting the 14500's in the hvd gives pleasantly large hits, loving the power

kushcabbage,
Top Bottom