Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

180heelflip

I am interested in buying the TV and read the first 30 pages of this thread. It started to seem more like an electriconics/battery mod thread, instead of hearing how the unit works if used as sold by tv with the full kit. I got confused and need help, so here's my sitch. I have sensitive lungs so I like fine vapors, not clouds & coughing. I use my ssv & lsv on 11-12 o'clock w nice visible but not harsh vape. It seems that the evo lv is a bit more on the side of misty blue vape vs cloudy white? Basically, not sure which to get and need the help of tv users ASAP so I can take advantage of the 25% deal. I like the idea of getting in a few sessions on one battery while out on my boat, so the T1 or 6v initially sounded like a hassle bc I would need to switch out batteries every time I want to medicate. Is that the case? However, I don't like feeling like I have to take 10 whispy draws to get a the same light head change I could get with two thicker pulls. I have a bad neck so coughing hurts. Is one more smooth than the other in this respect? Thanks for helping guys!!!

180heelflip,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
180heelflip: I would venture to say that the LV Evo 3.7v would probably work better for your needs, it takes longer to get it to full temp, so you can get lighter hits, at slightly cooler temps than w/ the 6v version which gets hot faster. You do have to give it an extra 10 or so seconds to get up to vaping temp compared to the 6v but I found the vapor from the 3.7 to be much milder until it's been running at full temp for a couple of hits. Then it evens out to match the performance of the 6v. I don't know if this is specific to my LV or all of them, but this is what I noticed switching back and forth between 3.7v and 6v Evo...

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I like the idea of getting in a few sessions on one battery while out on my boat
This ain't gonna happen regardless what unit you pick.
Maybe once you have the method down and fresh batteries 2 sessions, but going for 3, Nope. Also, switching out the batteries gets pretty routine as you don't want to over heat them (kills performance fast) Even if just to give them a cool down alternating is not a bad idea.
With what you state about avoiding coughing the T1 would be better for you. IMHO, It gives you more control as you are not drawing in as fast. At least that's what I find.
:2c:
Pipes

Pipes,

darkrom

Great Scott!
So darkrom, I have to know, DID you go into the water after it? Did you look for it? :ninja:

This was water that resembled oil. Its actually a river I think? About 2 feet deep and mud underneath. Impossible to see to the bottom. Crazy bug looking fish. Not the place you want to even TOUCH the water, much less go in the water looking for shit. If I opened my eyes in this water I'd be blinded.

Me and a friend looked with a stick but couldn't find it. Believe me I looked, even though this is some seriously NASTY water that you couldn't even see through. It was a bad time but I'm sure its gone for good. New shit on the way. Life happens unfortunately.

darkrom,

180heelflip

Thanks for the feedback! So with the t1, the slower u pull, the smoother the vape is?? With my ssv it seems , the slower I draw the thicker and harsher the vape is. I wasn't considering the t1, but I guess now I'm up in the air bc regardless the batteries need to be rotated. I just want something that hits smooth yet potent :) this forum rocks!!! Aloha

180heelflip,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Thanks for the feedback! So with the t1, the slower u pull, the smoother the vape is?? With my ssv it seems , the slower I draw the thicker and harsher the vape is. I wasn't considering the t1, but I guess now I'm up in the air bc regardless the batteries need to be rotated. I just want something that hits smooth yet potent :) this forum rocks!!! Aloha
It's a tough call for sure. Everyone here has their opinions and are all correct. With the T1 I feel you have more control as works at many levels of draw. Were the EVO has basically the same ramp up till lungs are full technique. The T1 has a little more flexibility in that regard. My preference is the EVO as for the quick hits and done. But you mentioned about concerned in coughing which made me think the T1 (to start with. ;)) would be best.
Happy shopping,
Pipes

180heelflip

Ok, so if i understand correctly, you are saying the faster heat up time of the T1 allows users to get smooth vapors with a short fast pull, whereas the LV requires a long slow drawn out pull to get vapors flowing. This could be a big factor because i don't like super long slow pulls. They make me feel a bit out of breath. Also, what is the forum consensus on the Delrin sleeve vs PTFE.

180heelflip,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I do agree that the T1 offers a bit more easy use compared to the Evo, for a new user anyway, until you get the hang of timing the warm ups and what not. You have a 5-10 sec heat up time with the T1, and more like a 30 sec heat up time w/ the evo. I do find the T1 delivers fast and to the point vapor. Since we are in the Evo thread, I was mentioning the 3.7v over the 6v due to the nature of what you said earlier in the post about not wanting harsh vapor. If you are interested in the T1 there is a thread for that too, and it's long, but worth looking into: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/thermovape-revolution-for-concentrates.4927/

NoName

Awesome video TV!! In the text that accompanied the video, the young lady even said that she was going to buy some for her 'smoking' friends (and so on and so on hopefully??). BTW, this household is now officially "Combustion Free" - thanks for the great products and a very sincere 'Thanks' to all you FCers for your outstanding contributions (Ie OF, JAM, RUFROTHY,PIPES,TV (and I haven't even scratched the surface)). I look forward to future product developments.

NoName

Polmol

Since they talked about tobacco in the vid, I'd like to talk about it.

I'm growing some tobaccy in my backyard this summer and was wondering if anyone ever vaporized some homegrown before?

Polmol,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
rufrothy: Most of us feel the Pure-Flow is really only suitable for the Rev/Dart, not so much for the T1 or Evo. It just restricts the air flow too much. The Evo setup has a UFO built into the delrin insulating sleeve, so there's no need for the Pure-Flow to block bits of herbal material. The Smooth-Flow is another story though. It doesn't attempt to block particles, but it does allow you to saturate the ceramic inside to help cool and moisten the vapor.

If I'm not misunderstanding things, I think you might want to consider calling/emailing Thermovape and asking them to change the Pure-Flow you ordered into a Smooth-Flow.

Thanks... I have a revo as well so I guess I can use it for that......

ru_frothi,

Kodo

So, lurker for about 3 months now. I bought the Evo maybe a week after release, and I love the product. I will mention I did recently encounter a manufactuerer defect where the Botnical Chamber/Heating Chamber actually detached from the brass portion of the heating core. Thus, exposing the heating element inside. Spoke with Zeki and they sent me out a brand new heating core with return shipping for the old one. So A++ on Customer support/Warranty Service.

The actual device is pretty nice when loaded and, and pre-heated properly. I have also found when battery life is running lower, slower pulls will give you better results. I think basiclly what happens with the slower draws is you give the air more time to heat as it passes through the heating chamber, which carries it up through the device. Using proper heating, and draw technique I can usually blast 4 bowls in a sitting for about 20-30 hits. However, if you go for a session and then come back later for more on the same set of batts you will not get as much due to battery warm up.

Anyways, enough with my impressions/tips/observations. The REAL reason I stopped in.....I need to find a nice battery carrying case! I blow through 6 batteries in just a short while.....recently order 2 10 packs and a new charger. Id like to find something to carry up to 20 batteries at a time.....maybe 4x5batts or 2x10batts. Something portable to go in my pockets. Also, a nice pocket sized leather zip up for this EVO! the delrin tip is constantly falling off in my pocket already lost one of those tiny suckers.

Tim, next product EVO Carry Case(Branded if possible!)! A branded TV battery case would look pretty hawt 2 when I show this lil sucker off.

Kodo,
Great video. Only problem was that she kept talking about how this was "in the future," like TV is preparing for some unknown time in the distant future. I wanted to say "Hello babe! The future is now!"

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Welcome to the fun Kodo, more fun to participate. The more input the better for all. I hear ya about the Tip coming out easy. This is what I did to solve that one.
TipHolder.jpg

Use that stuff for all kinds of stuff.
I just received 10 more batteries today myself. I put 6 away for future use. Really only keep 4 sets on the go at once. One set in the unit 2 sets in pouch and 4th set on the charger. Seems to be enough to keep from completely out of charged batteries. And a draw with all my older low performance batteries. (good enough to keep the ecig going if really need them.)
Cheers,
Pipes

Pipes,

OF

The REAL reason I stopped in.....I need to find a nice battery carrying case! I blow through 6 batteries in just a short while.....recently order 2 10 packs and a new charger. Id like to find something to carry up to 20 batteries at a time.....maybe 4x5batts or 2x10batts. Something portable to go in my pockets. Also, a nice pocket sized leather zip up for this EVO! the delrin tip is constantly falling off in my pocket already lost one of those tiny suckers.

Howdy, welcome to the fun. Glad you're loving your TV, pretty easy to do, isn't it?

TV has some useful battery tubes, but I use these (from a different source, same thing), they come in colors:
http://www.madvapes.com/Clear-Battery-Case_p_2820.html

While it's not leather, this is a nice zip up case that is very tough and handy:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CSYU6K/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00

I like it, but right now it's on loan with my Revolution inside it.....

OF

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
goodness I love MOLLE bags, those maxpedition pouches are pretty handy, I have all the colors :uhoh: Keep lots of flashlights and pen vapes in there, goodness I love flashlights too. Defiantly don't browse those Every Day Carry, and flashlight forums as much as I used to though.. :mental:

edit: come on, gotta stay tactical especially with vapor

darkrom

Great Scott!
goodness I love MOLLE bags, those maxpedition pouches are pretty handy, I have all the colors :uhoh: Keep lots of flashlights and pen vapes in there, goodness I love flashlights too. Defiantly don't browse those Every Day Carry, and flashlight forums as much as I used to though.. :mental:

edit: come on, gotta stay tactical especially with vapor

Strangely enough I've been looking into EDC lights as well. I just don't have the money. I like hiking in the woods and want something cheap that will really light up the woods for night hiking. Not sure the combo exists without it being a POS.

darkrom,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Strangely enough I've been looking into EDC lights as well. I just don't have the money. I like hiking in the woods and want something cheap that will really light up the woods for night hiking. Not sure the combo exists without it being a POS.
Hey Dark, I found a bag that seems to suit your needs but only found in this write up. It's an EDC bag by Eddie Bauer. Look good for hiking etc.
http://nomadicengineer.blogspot.ca/2011/06/new-edc-bag.html
The guy who wrote it up got his used. Looks pretty much great for a day out for sure.
Hard to see the whole set up but appears to have many smaller pouches. (which is what you want??) And maybe your lunch too??
Oh forgot, the flashlight, this one I was out bid on. It's the new T6 1600 Lumen super blinding light. Always look for T6 now as more Lumens for the power.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/170860904603...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2648#ht_3132wt_1003
My max bid was $14. BooHoo
Cheers,
Pipes

Pipes,
Top Bottom