Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

2clicker

Observer
I've been experimenting with using the Evo with the cover again, and I am getting good results. I think my major issue in the past was with my not keeping the button engaged long enough. I am finding right now at least that I get MUCH better and consistent results by keeping the button engaged all the way through to a fully vaped stem. I just find the draw, stop, reheat, draw, stop thing doesn't work for me at all.

I am heating for about a minute or so (stopped counting because its a pain in the ass) or until the shield feels warm, and then draw slowly for a shallow hit. Keeping the button engaged still, I hit it again a little faster and deeper. Button still engaged, I hit it a third time at a normal pace and full draw. By hit three I get a strong hit with good vapor. I do this all the way through the stem. By the sixth or seventh hit, the fucker is starting to get hot on the thumb, but usually the stem is finished by then.

I did this today down at the river with a kief sandwich and holy shit! After one stem, I was absolutely toasted. It was great because I just held my book up while I was taking hits and no one around knew a damn thing, including my kids who were swimming about 20 feet away. lol

I was not sure I was going to be happy with this thing at first, but the more I experiment with it, the more I like it. I do wish the thumb pad had some kind of heat protection on it. It gets hot after awhile.

this makes me want to try the sleeve again. this is basically how i run my Evo "on/off" wise as well. its usually "on" the whole time, however i usually get about 4 or 5 great rips and then its quite hot. so i will let it cool and heat it up again and usually get another 2 or 3 nice pulls and a few weak ones. i have been having a hard time getting 2 full bowls out of a single charge with this method, but its not much of an issue.

2clicker,

Lono

I think you're onto something pipes check this out... no LV stamped on the bottm.

photo.JPG

Lono,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
check the bottom of the heat core, for the LV stamp...

95ITa.jpg

It def. sounds like yours is not heating up fully. Let's see if we can trouble shoot this...

jambandphan03,

2clicker

Observer
I'm still waitin on this battery to charge so I don't screw this up.... patience, patience.... I'm having difficulty finding more information about this domed screen mod btw? It sounds like something I need to do.

the dome screen is basically a screen of a slightly larger diameter to the chamber... then domed. i used a the end of a pen to dome the screen im using now. it grips well to the chamber walls and gos in and comes out easily with a poker. thats the only downside to running the screen. it requires a poker to get in and out. dont worry about stirring. its not really necessary.

so load the herb, pack it down with a pen or something with a flat end that will fit down the Evo chamber. dont push too hard. just hard enough to form the top of the load to be flat. then pop in the dome screen and push it down until the it comes into contact with the load. then your good to go.

oh and use a medium to fine grind. i use the same grind for my DBV.

2clicker,

Lono

Do'h you meant to take a pic of the other part.... doesn't appear to be LV stamped on the Evo unit either.

Lono,
didn't mean to offend with "buddy" sorry spent time in Canada and kind of picked up the habit.

Thanks for that. Sounds like I came in partway through the conversation. I just know when I first got mine, I was getting frustrated as hell with it also and ultimately found out I wasn't getting it hot enough. Sounds like you might indeed have a bum battery issue. I have four batteries, and all of them will heat that thing up to where it's uncomfortable to handle after about 5-7 hits. Sucks man. I know getting a new toy and it not working right is a major bummer. Best of luck to you.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Lono

Mystery solved.
Give TV a call or email.

I appreciate everyones help and sorry theDude I didn't mean to come across as prickish just get all worked up when I spend excess of $120+ on something and it doesn't work as well as I hope out of the box :X. Esp with my herb devices!

Lono,
Totally cool, Lono. At least it sounds like you now know what the issue is. TV will get you going soon I'm sure. Then the experimentation starts. Pick up a few more batts while you're at it.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Your welcome from all of us. The more input the better. IMO. No body should be shy and if they have related experiences, then by all means jump on in. That's what it's all about. More of a family here and now that your on board drop by time to time and share your wisdom.
Cheers,
Pipes

2clicker

Observer
I remember that post as well.
I tried the UFO from the supplied hood in a non-TV Delrin drip tip and when I took it out after while it was still hot, the UFO was melting the hole out.
I think the TV MPs are better but that is a hot spot for sure. Never tried a standart Delrin TV MP. ...yet....

Pipes

so i guess there is just no for sure "clean" way to run the Evo sleeveless?

well i suppose you could run a metal MP, but that would get quite uncomfortable very quickly i would imagine.

2clicker,

Lono

Totally cool, Lono. At least it sounds like you now know what the issue is. TV will get you going soon I'm sure. Then the experimentation starts. Pick up a few more batts while you're at it.

ya i'm just gonna go to the store tomorrow as soon as I get up and buy some of the 6v batteries to see if it works out. I don't really want to have to send the thing back and wait so I'll probably just switch over the the 6v version and have them send me the other stuff while I send back the lower voltage charger/battery. I kind of want the car charger adapter anyway and it was lame that the LV doesn't come with that, or an extra battery.

Your welcome from all of us. The more input the better. IMO. No body should be shy and if they have related experiences, then by all means jump on in. That's what it's all about. More of a family here and now that your on board drop by time to time and share your wisdom.
Cheers,
Pipes

Definitey will be sticking around I love vaporizers. I'd like to share info about a desktop one I have with this community but i'm not sure how that works given that I sell them ^_^.

Lono,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
so i guess there is just no for sure "clean" way to run the Evo sleeveless?

well i suppose you could run a metal MP, but that would get quite uncomfortable very quickly i would imagine.

:o Do you want those lips medium or well done.
I think sleeveless is possible with the thick medical tubing as that is what I use on my DIY Bulli and it gets as hot as the EVO. Can still touch it for brief amount of time.
I'm also starting to think if there is really any benefit?? I initially though so but now that I'm packing tighter it seems to give the same result. Wondering if going sleeveless is actually just making the user put more in and having the bottom of UFO pack it more then was doing with the hood.??

ya i'm just gonna go to the store tomorrow as soon as I get up and buy some of the 6v batteries to see if it works out. I don't really want to have to send the thing back and wait so I'll probably just switch over the the 6v version and have them send me the other stuff while I send back the lower voltage charger/battery. I kind of want the car charger adapter anyway and it was lame that the LV doesn't come with that, or an extra battery.

Definitey will be sticking around I love vaporizers. I'd like to share info about a desktop one I have with this community but i'm not sure how that works given that I sell them ^_^.

With that regard it does give you a second chance to go 6 volt. However, don't think you will find them at the local store. At least not the 3 volt LifePo4 750mA. Be cautious here, you will find it easier to find 3.7 Lion but will be too much for your EVO. If doing a 6 volt route you should use the recommended batteries.

This does open a new question in regards to a NON-T1 user.
Will the 900 mA LifePo4 batteries work on the EVO?
The ones that keep getting questioned in the T1 thread. My understanding is they are hit and miss for the T1 because they could not handle the drain. Anyone try?

Pipes,

OF

ya i'm just gonna go to the store tomorrow as soon as I get up and buy some of the 6v batteries to see if it works out.

Glad you've got it figured out, but I don't think you'll have any luck finding the right batteries 'downtown'. They are very uncommon, the second maker only showed up a few months back. I think the switch to SV is a good idea, but you're going to need special batteries and a special charger for them.

Unfortunately there's a big 'trade show' in town this weekend, TV is likely to be shut down but I'd send 'em an email anyway and get it started. If you want to back that up you can order them here:
http://www.amazon.com/Kits-RCR123A-...3a+3.0v+750mah+lifepo4+rechargeable+batteries

Be careful not to get the same makers similar battery (900 mAh), they're not right.

Good luck, and welcome to the fun. Sorry you got a lame deal on the first hand, but you'll feel a lot better when the vapor comes.....

OF

OF,

Lono

Lono,
Reactions: OF

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-RCR123A-LiFePO4-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B001BLS5OA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1339814876&sr=8-4&keywords=Tenergy RCR123a

These are what i'm looking for right? Hell I might just order all of those....

*edit* thanks OF you beat me to it.

As far as going to Standard Volt I think they def owe me to send all the other stuff eventually (i'll send back this charger/battery obv). I'm not going to purchase a whole other charger ;\
LOL, that's what I have in the mail to myself. Best price for 10 out there.
You will initially need the charger in the link OF sent. Not a bad idea to order the 16 and put 10 away until your trained. You will need them down the road.
I have a friend who ordered a T1 and asked him what he ordered for batteries and he seemed content on the 3 pair that come with it. I just kept quiet......for a change.
Pipes

Pipes,
Reactions: OF

OF

*edit* thanks OF you beat me to it.

As far as going to Standard Volt I think they def owe me to send all the other stuff eventually (i'll send back this charger/battery obv). I'm not going to purchase a whole other charger ;\

For sure they'll make it right. And probably then some if history's any clue. This is a big oops on their end for sure, somebody wasn't paying attention.....

I'd be sure to tell them you have the charger so extra batteries would be more useful. One way or the other, Pipes has a good point: Having a bunch of charged batteries standing by can be a nice thing. The shelf life for these guys is next to forever. Something like 85% at ten years IIRC. Cycles can kill them, but as long as they're charged at least part way they last a very long time and I seriously doubt the price will go down....

Anyway, bummer of a setback, but soon it will be what you had to do to get it working....and hopefully it'll seem worth the effort. As you can no doubt tell from just looking at it, it really is first rate gear. And once we give it all the volts we promised, it'll sing for you I'm sure.

LOL, that's what I have in the mail to myself. Best price for 10 out there.

Not a bad idea to order the 16 and put 10 away until your trained. You will need them down the road.
I have a friend who ordered a T1 and asked him what he ordered for batteries and he seemed content on the 3 pair that come with it. I just kept quiet......for a change.

Good point on the batteries, hard to have too many. Trick is keeping after charging.....let's face it, it's far more fun to drain them than charge them.....

Kinda wish I was there to see your moment of silence. I'm getting on in years, I may have just missed my last chance?

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country

PLEASE USE THE CORRECT BATTERIES, we don't want to hear any horror stories about the wrong battery set up.
Tenergy 3.0v Lifepo4 750mah, are the correct batteries....
http://www.amazon.com/Kits-RCR123A-...F8&qid=1339827764&sr=8-3&keywords=3.0+lifepo4

jambandphan03,

OF

What a wonderful morning! Sitting in the backyard with my coffee and my EVO. It's times like this that the EVO really shines.

Small world, Bro. I just came back from the garden for another cup of tea (Earl Grey, the Queen Mum's favorite you know....) in my case.

Oh, yeah, I was also getting acquainted with my old buddy, DART. And some lovely Sour Diesel wax. Lots of birds this morning 'tanking up' early since it'll be warm later on. Life is good......

"Same church, different pew" as they say......

Good 'dry run' for Father's Day, too.

OF

Polmol

OH.

MY.

GOD.

Last night was my 3rd session with the Evo and dudes and dudettes, 3 times really is a charm. Before last night I had mixed results with the Evo, I followed the instructions that came with it and couldn't achieve big clouds. But then last night I tried a longer heat up time, 45 seconds followed by a very slow but constant inhale and voilà! A super monster hit! :o

Wow. That's all I can say.

I repeated my newfound technique and got the same result for about 3 bowls, 6 super hits and then had to change the batteries. I don't really care that I'm not getting more life out of these batteries, as long as I'm hitting like a champion :rockon:

I didn't even touch my gn0me last night!

Now that i've achieved these insane hits, I can really appreciate how well-designed the Evolution is. I kept the sleeve the whole time and followed OF's advice of not putting the O-ring. Worked brilliantly.

EVOOOOOO!!!! :love:

Top Bottom