Discontinued Thermovape Cera

OF

Im taking everything you said into consideration.

As for the reply to the other guy I might have just been over medicated and clicked the wrong post.

Thanks for the help!

Great! These are not easy concepts, harder for some to grasp than others. Lots is not intuitive. Sometimes different words or a different perspective can get a point across clearly where only confusion was before. Once you 'get it' I think it's there for good and using that becomes automatic like learning to drive a car.

Think of step 1 as preheating the oven before putting dinner in. If you put stuff in cold and let it slowly warm up as the oven does dinner will be a mess. In our case, vapor comes out in such small drips and drabs as to be nearly useless. Just like the turkey that drys out to a brick before it ever browns off. All the right stuff, but fouled out by technique.

I have no idea what that getting confused bit is all about, first time I think that's happened here?

You're welcome, stick with it, Cera is a true best, great friend and effective servant all at once. In the end it's just another tool, it depends on the Craftsman using it to do a good job.

Good luck, you're on the right path......

OF

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
So my cera does not heat up unless I apply downward pressure on the cartridge towards the battery, and you cant do this for too long because it heats up.

Is there any fix for this? Placing tinfoil on the spring has not helped.
strap failure for sure, mine did the same thing. Send it back, 2 weeks it'll be good as new. Mine just arrived yesterday from the same failure.

leetmode

Haven't kept up with the thread for a LONG time and haven't touched my Cera for a while now due to the fact that I just was not able to get good results using EO. Now I want to give the Cera a second shot, but had to give up BHO due to the fact that it was interfering too much with my studies, so now I'd like to try it with E-liquid. So, I have a couple of questions, sorry if they have been asked before.

Since I have the EO cart there really is no need for me to get the E-Liquid cart, right? If so, would I get any better performance with the E-Liquid cart since they are both pretty much the same thing? I vaguely remember someone mentioning on here that the E-Liquid gets hotter than the EO cart, if true how is that beneficial when it comes to E-liquid? Is it possible for the TV team to convert a EO Ti cart to an E-liquid cart?

Also I tried turning on my Cera and noticed that the side of the Cera body (near the switch) heats up along with the cart itself, has anyone else experienced this? Should I sent it back to TV or is this normal?

Lastly, any news on the Cera mini? Are there still plans to make one?

leetmode,

Czechyourhead

Haven't kept up with the thread for a LONG time and haven't touched my Cera for a while now due to the fact that I just was not able to get good results using EO. Now I want to give the Cera a second shot, but had to give up BHO due to the fact that it was interfering too much with my studies, so now I'd like to try it with E-liquid. So, I have a couple of questions, sorry if they have been asked before.

Since I have the EO cart there really is no need for me to get the E-Liquid cart, right? If so, would I get any better performance with the E-Liquid cart since they are both pretty much the same thing? I vaguely remember someone mentioning on here that the E-Liquid gets hotter than the EO cart, if true how is that beneficial when it comes to E-liquid? Is it possible for the TV team to convert a EO Ti cart to an E-liquid cart?

Also I tried turning on my Cera and noticed that the side of the Cera body (near the switch) heats up along with the cart itself, has anyone else experienced this? Should I sent it back to TV or is this normal?

Lastly, any news on the Cera mini? Are there still plans to make one?

I don't think there is a TI e-liquid cart. (My e-liquid knowledge is limited).

That sounds like you may have a switch/strap issue if it heats up excessively. There were some issues with straps on early models. Contact TV and they can help you trouble shoot it.

Czechyourhead,
Reactions: hoptimum

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
Speaking of Cera EO carts, wondering if anyone has had the experience of the 510 mouthpiece leaving behind specs of o-ring after removing from cart? Happened on two different o-rings supplied by TET.

Also, wanted to share some mods in case anyone was interested. These add ons provide me with cera protection and a stand, along with making it stealth and ensuring nothing gets into the bowl while in transport. Lately, I have been opting for just running with the Cera LL cap with the EO cart due to aforementioned o-ring issues with the 510 mouthpiece and it's also nice to see the vape begin to collect prior to inhalation, so the black cap I found works well. Its a snap fit. The sleeve is a bicycle foam grip.

ooops - what is the best way to post pics on this board?

notoriousLrg,
Reactions: rcflo

rcflo

Speaking of Cera EO carts, wondering if anyone has had the experience of the 510 mouthpiece leaving behind specs of o-ring after removing from cart? Happened on two different o-rings supplied by TET.

Also, wanted to share some mods in case anyone was interested. These add ons provide me with cera protection and a stand, along with making it stealth and ensuring nothing gets into the bowl while in transport. Lately, I have been opting for just running with the Cera LL cap with the EO cart due to aforementioned o-ring issues with the 510 mouthpiece and it's also nice to see the vape begin to collect prior to inhalation, so the black cap I found works well. Its a snap fit. The sleeve is a bicycle foam grip.

ooops - what is the best way to post pics on this board?

http://tinypic.com/

I have also seen orings leave behind small specs on my DARTS, usually i try to clean em up before i put them back on

rcflo,

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
I have also seen orings leave behind small specs on my DARTS, usually i try to clean em up before i put them back on
With the possibility of rubber dropping into the cart, I can't imagine this is a good thing. I'll get some feedback from TET.

Here are some pics of my mods:

http://tinypic.com/r/2r56sdh/5
http://tinypic.com/r/1z1d7o8/5
http://tinypic.com/r/sbrgc6/5

The sleeve is flexible enough to easily roll out of the way when needing to pull off the LL Top Cap.

notoriousLrg,

aj0125

So I got my EO cart back a few weeks ago from repair. Originally it hit good but was like sucking through a very thick milkshake, and it never leaked out of the bottom. Now after I got it back from repair the draw is much easier but it is leaking out of the bottom pretty easily, even after only .35 or so. Is there something i can do to prevent this leaking (besides not over filling) so I do not keep losing precious wax?

Last edited:
aj0125,

Busta

So I got my EO cart back a few weeks ago from repair. Originally it hit good but was like sucking through a very thick milkshake, and it never leaked out of the bottom. Now after I got it back from repair the draw is much easier but it is leaking out of the bottom pretty easily, even after only .35 or so. Is there something i can do to prevent this leaking (besides not over filling) so I do not keep losing precious wax?
I find that if I heat the cart too much trying to get the wax absorbed into the lower chamber that it would leak out. Also it could depend on the wax/oil.

Busta,
Reactions: aj0125

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I find that if I heat the cart too much trying to get the wax absorbed into the lower chamber that it would leak out. Also it could depend on the wax/oil.
I noticed the same thing kinda...not so much leaking leaking, but if i overloaded it or ran it to hard next time i would unscrew it, there would be residue on the baseplate and some noticeable oil on the underside of th cart. Im assuming coming from the gap betwen the center post and the EO body...not really an issue for me though cause it wipes right off clean and its not a noticable amount...

Anyway happy new year FC!

OF

I noticed the same thing kinda...not so much leaking leaking, but if i overloaded it or ran it to hard next time i would unscrew it, there would be residue on the baseplate and some noticeable oil on the underside of th cart.

I agree. The 'sponge' can only hold so much (and that varies widely with concentrates and condition of the core), after that it has to go somewhere. Too much of it and it can come out the vents (I don't think it likely to come down the gap between body and sleeve), the bigger the vent holes (remember, guys are demanding more air flow.....) and the hotter (thinner) the concentrate the worse it gets.

Keeping a careful eye on fill level until you learn to 'read' your concentrate, being sure to keep pulling air through the core at the end of the session until the core cools and laying it on it's side all seem to help get a handle on it.

Life is a compromise.

OF

aj0125

Life is a compromise.

Indeed. The larger air flow gap must be the culprit as all other variables have not changed...I will have to adjust technique accordingly. It is definitely worth the trade off, the increased airflow makes my cart dramatically more enjoyable to use, while functional the 1st version was way too thick a milkshake for almost everyone I shared it with...

memmo

Hi guys,
i don't have any problems thankfully to make my cera works, both for LL and EO... the only thing that i don't get is why the taste of the concentrate is not so good, it tastes like something from the cart. does this goes after some smoking and it happens cos it is new or it will be always like that?
today i used it for the first time and i charged it not so much but i got medicated enough, i also dab a lot so.... i didn't like the taste, hope it will change after the cartridge get full....
same for u?

memmo,

Krazzykid

Hi guys,
i don't have any problems thankfully to make my cera works, both for LL and EO... the only thing that i don't get is why the taste of the concentrate is not so good, it tastes like something from the cart. does this goes after some smoking and it happens cos it is new or it will be always like that?
today i used it for the first time and i charged it not so much but i got medicated enough, i also dab a lot so.... i didn't like the taste, hope it will change after the cartridge get full....
same for u?
Some things to help figure it out for you
1. How much did you load into the cartridge?
2. Did you take care when loading to not overheat the concentrate?
3. Did you give enough time to let the concentrate fully soak into the ceramic reservoir?
4. If you did all of those correctly, how long are you holding the power on for when taking a hit?

clouded vision

I doubt the delrin is burning. Most likely the concentrate was loaded too quickly and burned. I know I did the same thing the first couple times I loaded my old rev. I used to wonder why everyone raved over the flavor from the TV products until I took my time loading it and then I got it.

memmo

hi guys, thanks all for the multiple reply...
i use the plastic mouthpiece for smoke, i will try with the ceramic and see if any diff.... don't u hold the button until u finished your puff?
i was reading old post where ppl charged 0.4g in the cart, i put less for sure than 0.4 and i gave 4 hits, nice clouds really impressed, taste not that impressed, maybe i burnt a bit, possible, i will try again and see....

memmo,

OF

i was reading old post where ppl charged 0.4g in the cart, i put less for sure than 0.4 and i gave 4 hits, nice clouds really impressed, taste not that impressed, maybe i burnt a bit, possible, i will try again and see....

How much less? I think you just found your taste issue, you're running too lean.

.4 grams is an OK fill level but you need .20, maybe .25, grams in a new/clean/dry core as a base for it to work right. If the reservoir gets too dry (which I'm betting it is.....) you burn the residue on the surface before you can heat the bulk up enough to make vapor there.

Put another way, without enough concentrate near the surface to cool it by evaporation it's going to overheat (burn the concentrate and taste bad.....).

Try adding at least .25 more and see if the results change, you don't have enough loaded to play right yet I bet.

Good luck.

OF

Busta

hi guys, thanks all for the multiple reply...
i use the plastic mouthpiece for smoke, i will try with the ceramic and see if any diff.... don't u hold the button until u finished your puff?
If you're using a plastic mouthpiece from an ecig and not the derlin TV mouthpiece this is what's contributing to the taste since they usually can't stand the heat.

Busta,
Reactions: OF

neptunes007

I 've been using the cera for about 2 weeks now. I am still having trouble with the LL, can't seem to get the thick vapor clouds. Sometimes I do but for the most part I don't.

Any tips for breathing or how to get the best use of the LL Cera?

neptunes007,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom