• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Mick89

Does anyone know how long an EO cart will last if you keep up with say.... weekly boil,soak, boil maintenance? Also has anyone had any success rebuilding their own EO carts?

OF

Does anyone know how long an EO cart will last if you keep up with say.... weekly boil,soak, boil maintenance? Also has anyone had any success rebuilding their own EO carts?

It probably depends more on what you feed it than anything else. I've run over an ounce through them of 'clean' CO2 oils but had them seriously foul with a gram or two of what I suspect was really nasty ISO extraction.

No, it's not possible for us common folks to rebuild EO cores. I got a fair bit of training in core making and built them a machine to wind coils (rather than hand wound as the first ones were). I generally failed in attempts to build EO cores even with all new parts and an expert coaching me. LL cores are easier, those I can build (if I had parts and tools). Once they get badly fouled you'll need new 'ceramic doughnuts' (which were custom made (they're porous) by a confidential maker (who wouldn't make any for you or I anyway) in addition to new heater wire (proprietary again) and probably the threaded metal piece that forms the base.

Some guys have had modest success 'fixing' EO cores, I suspect way more destroyed them in the process. And such cores are not anything like new ones of course.

Don't overload the core, but keep it 'moist', for longest life. It does no good to cook lots of concentrate over and over.

I suggest using my strategy: Feed it well, use it sparingly and enjoy it while it lasts. I had my Cera out for a personal New Years celebration, I'm dragging my feet putting it away as I sense an impending 'special occasion'.

Sorry for the bad news, but that's the story IMO.

Regards,

OF

nickzzzx

They will not last very long for daily use because the design is basically a heating coil wrapped around porous ceramics. Everything is proprietary, custom designed, fabricated, and assembled parts. You can't get replacement parts for rebuilding because they are simply not made by anybody else. The build is also very delicate. If you try to disassemble, you will definitely damage the porous ceramics because they are brittle. Also the allen key is so very small! So easy to strip. Still fun to play with once the unit stops working, but I would just keep using it and baby it. Won't last forever. Check out the 510 stuff like divine tribe or maybe delta9 stuff, they're currently operating. TET is no more! Unfortunately.

OF

They will not last very long for daily use because the design is basically a heating coil wrapped around porous ceramics.

Actually it's the other way around. The heater is in the center, the cores surround it. If it was built the other way we'd be in 'better luck' as you could use it 'load as you go' mode but with the fouled cores blocking the heater off it can only go downhill.

Cera EO uses 4 of the same cores Revolution/DART uses in fact, with the same porous 'top plate' as well.

The core inside the heaters in Cera cores are Zirconia. They are reflectors, not reservoirs. The absorb nothing.

OF

OF

Such a cool design, very creative in the use of the zirconia combined with alumina. Reminds me of a BMW. Over-engineered but for good reason. I want a box of brand new ceras to last me thru the apocalypse haha.

No Alumina in there AFAIK. That's one of the reasons why the porous cores are so expensive I was told. I know for sure the body parts and reflector are Zirconia (obvious from the weight), but the doughnuts are small and mostly air.

You're spot on about the designs, strict attention to materials, state of the art (Swiss) screw machines to make the metal parts automatically (overnight, unattended) to amazing precision (minimum run was 15,000 pieces.....they scrapped a lot of parts), strict 'must be made in USA' sourcing for part, materials and labor.

No compromises. I too lament their passing. Not, IMO, a reflection of the products themselves but to the reality of small manufacturing. While 'make it cheap in China (or elsewhere) is all the rage these days, I hope someday we'll be seeing more of this Business Model......like with ESV today?

OF

Sativajobs

They are! The diameter of the glass core is small enough to make dispensing pretty easy. Same for my launch box, too.

DqmiXRz.jpg

Sativajobs,

neptunes007

Hey Guys,

I have an issue. I got a piece of plastic stuck in the mouthpiece of my Thermovape Cera. Any suggestions on alternative solutions for a mouthpiece?

P.S. I'm using the Loose Leaf model.

Wanted to post my newest update on my MP.

I've finally come across a set up that covers all grounds. Works great, easy to use.
This set up includes;

1. Full open flow
2. Built in screen
3. All metals are SS
4. Rubber seal on the outside allows to attach to glass as 14mm & 18mm female glass stems, along with 14mm and 18mm male stems.(No rubber is heating up, near the heat source, gets warm, or in any air path)
5. Allows for 510 drip tips. (I prefer longer for LL and either or for EO)
6. Easy whip attachment. My way, 510, or something big enough to wrap over the top MP insert works. (Yeah yeah yeah, get better tubing. I know.)

1e70na.jpg

EDIT:Forgot about this one.
2vi4878.jpg

*As always I do support TETs original model/MP, the original mouthpiece just isn't for ME. I simply show my way to offer other options, and as always hope to inspire others to think outside the box and always try new things.*

Jeeze, I have a disclaimer now.

Does anyone know where I can find a mouthpiece like in the first or fourth picture of this post. Or where i can find the parts? I'm using the Loose Leaf model.

Happy Vaping

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
neptunes007,
Reactions: OF

TheRobbo

Hey Guys,

I have an issue. I got a piece of plastic stuck in the mouthpiece of my Thermovape Cera. Any suggestions on alternative solutions for a mouthpiece?

P.S. I'm using the Loose Leaf model.

How do you mean? Is the plastic stuck in the little hole in the nipple shaped bit that floats in the cap? I have a spare one... Cover the postage and its yours! Though being in Australia this could be a bit but I cant see it being more than 20/30 AUD.
I'll have a dig through my vape box when I get home from work to confirm its still there and let you know

OF

I got a piece of plastic stuck in the mouthpiece of my Thermovape Cera. Any suggestions on alternative solutions for a mouthpiece?

AFAIK there is no alternative, the cap and MP being part of the 'right angle turn filter' from the UFO used on Revolution/DART.

What sort of plastic is it, and where exactly is it jammed? Solvents to dissolve it, or 'burning it out' are both options. It's ceramic and will take more heat than any plastic?

Does anyone know where I can find a mouthpiece like in the first or fourth picture of this post. Or where i can find the parts?

I have a similar piece, it came off the end of a hookah hose a friend gave me. You do know that's an accessory not a replacement, right? That is there's an entire, intact factory MP under the Silicone tube connecting the aluminum piece to the vape.

OF

neptunes007

How do you mean? Is the plastic stuck in the little hole in the nipple shaped bit that floats in the cap? I have a spare one... Cover the postage and its yours! Though being in Australia this could be a bit but I cant see it being more than 20/30 AUD.
I'll have a dig through my vape box when I get home from work to confirm its still there and let you know

Yes, It's in that hole. I can't seem to remove it from that hole. Let me know if you find it.

I have a similar piece, it came off the end of a hookah hose a friend gave me. You do know that's an accessory not a replacement, right? That is there's an entire, intact factory MP under the Silicone tube connecting the aluminum piece to the vape.

OF

The plastic is jammed in to top hole of the mouthpiece that comes with the Cera

Where can I find a mouthpiece and Silicon tube like in the pic ? Are there specific diameters that I need to take into account when searching for a non-Themovape mouthpiece or cold I use a mouthpiece that comes with the Evolution/Dart?

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
neptunes007,

TheRobbo

The plastic is jammed in to top hole of the mouthpiece that comes with the Cera

Where can I find a mouthpiece and Silicon tube like in the pic ? Are there specific diameters that I need to take into account when searching for a non-Themovape mouthpiece or cold I use a mouthpiece that comes with the Evolution/Dart?

I think @OF might have the solution. Hold it upside down with something heat proof and hit that sucker with a torch lighter! I bet the plastic slips right out. If it doesn't hook it with a pin while its hot? Then nuke the fuck out of the ufo to burn off any remaining residue. Just remember not to touch it for ages after :razz:
I also bet it still looks good as new when your finished!
Also I do still have 2 of those bits so all else fails its urs. Torch sounds easier than going to the post office though :sherlock:

Edit: Curiosity has the better of me. How does one get plastic stuck in there any way?
Oh have you tried putting your mouth over the ufo part to blow out through the point? (Does that even make sence? I know what im tring to say)

Last edited:

neptunes007

I think @OF might have the solution. Hold it upside down with something heat proof and hit that sucker with a torch lighter! I bet the plastic slips right out. If it doesn't hook it with a pin while its hot? Then nuke the fuck out of the ufo to burn off any remaining residue. Just remember not to touch it for ages after :razz:
I also bet it still looks good as new when your finished!
Also I do still have 2 of those bits so all else fails its urs. Torch sounds easier than going to the post office though :sherlock:

Edit: Curiosity has the better of me. How does one get plastic stuck in there any way?
Oh have you tried putting your mouth over the ufo part to blow out through the point? (Does that even make sence? I know what im tring to say)

Being a noob, I was using a plastic fork to clean out the MP, that is how the plastic got stuck in there. SMH

neptunes007,
Reactions: OF

OF

Being a noob, I was using a plastic fork to clean out the MP, that is how the plastic got stuck in there. SMH

Excellent, most such forks are made of Polystyrene, which is naturally clear but easily and commonly dyed (usually white). Blown full of gas bubbles it make Styrofoam cups and ice chests.

IIRC the feed stock is tree sap, for once not crude oil.

Good news is it's a thermoplastic with a low 'glass transition temperature' (where it starts to flow) of a bit over 100C. You might be able to soften it and pick it out with a needle.

It's also very soluble in Acetone (try a few drops in a Styrofoam cup........In fact a few drops in coffee with 'cut the cup' right at the water line leaving your co-worker wondering.....). I strongly suspect a soak in Acetone will set it right. Failing that, you can crank up the heat and try burning it out. Remember, 'glowing red' for the ceramic is just fine (it's seen far higher in curing), just be sure to heat it evenly so it doesn't get an expansion crack from uneven expansion.

I'd experiment a bit on the fork part first of course.

OF

OF

Does anyone here still have their lovely ceramic CERA still working as a legit part of their current rotation ?

I recall early on, this was the first portable, that I considered to be the legitimate health-first successor to the Storz & Bickel Volcano….
Guilty......

Although it's been a while, perhaps I should dig it out? It's a pioneer machine for sure.

Regards to all.

OF

Top Bottom