Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Your question confuses me, so I'll just explain what I think is confusing you.

So to answer your question, you can't charge at the 1000mAh setting; there isn't one. You can charge at 1000mA setting (or the 500mA setting, if you like), or even at the 2000mA setting, if you're in a hurry, or don't care about having to replace your batteries more frequently. Oh, and just so you know, secondary (rechargeable) Lithium cells have a shelf life of about 3 years.

:)

Well thank you for taking your time to give, that more than sufficient explanation:) I see why my question confused you and myself. The website is stating that you have the choice between the 3 mAh settings which really should be stated as mA.
Anyways I got it now, thanks brah;)

Vaporiffic

Well I know its not the cera:) but I just stumbled upon the thermovape t1 for $250 including shipping and everything, and I couldn't help myself:) So I guess I'll eventually become the proud owner of both, cause I still want the cera:D

Vaporiffic

Mod note: When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located at the bottom of your posts. Posts merged.

Well I know its not the cera:) but I just stumbled upon the thermovape t1 for $250 including shipping and everything, and I couldn't help myself:) So I guess I'll eventually become the proud owner of both, cause I still want the cera:D

Vaporiffic
I believe you can get the T1 for as low as $150. They are the older/discontinued generation and can be found way cheaper than retail. The revolution on the other hand is like finding gold.

I believe you can get the T1 for as low as $150. They are the older/discontinued generation and can be found way cheaper than retail. The revolution on the other hand is like finding gold.

Maybe I should add that this is the total price for getting it too Denmark without having to worry about customs and everything, so I think it's a good deal at 250:) (the cera is gonna be between 750-800 bucks to get here with the LL and EO cart without charger and batteries).
Thx for the heads up though, I see it would be a bit expensive if I lived in the US:)

Vaporiffic

Darb

Maybe I should add that this is the total price for getting it too Denmark without having to worry about customs and everything, so I think it's a good deal at 250:) (the cera is gonna be between 750-800 bucks to get here with the LL and EO cart without charger and batteries).
Thx for the heads up though, I see it would be a bit expensive if I lived in the US:)

Vaporiffic
That's $400-$500 for shipping and customs?!?!
The Cera costs less than that.

Darb,
That's $400-$500 for shipping and customs?!?!
The Cera costs less than that.

Not quite that bad but close. The cera + shipping in the US around $400, shipping and customs to and in Denmark around $300 and then the charger and batteries here in Europe around $100. So I guess $700 from the US and here. That's why I wanna be absolutely sure that it will not get stuck in customs:)

Vaporiffic

OF

So I guess $700 from the US and here.

No doubt about it, shipping and duty can be brutal.....sometimes something us Yanks loose sight of since there's not duty between our states (in fact often the 10% or so sales tax is avoided by buying from another state).

Good show you've got that protective tariff protecting your domestic vape industry......otherwise they'd just be taking your money for other taxes?

I think you'll like T1, it's a solid machine. Cera is a considerably improved version, it's my sincere hope it will work out well for you in the end.

Regards.

OF

Darb

Not quite that bad but close. The cera + shipping in the US around $400, shipping and customs to and in Denmark around $300 and then the charger and batteries here in Europe around $100. So I guess $700 from the US and here. That's why I wanna be absolutely sure that it will not get stuck in customs:)

Vaporiffic
That's steep! I'm sure you'll feel the Cera is worth the money though.

No doubt about it, shipping and duty can be brutal.....sometimes something us Yanks loose sight of since there's not duty between our states (in fact often the 10% or so sales tax is avoided by buying from another state).

Good show you've got that protective tariff protecting your domestic vape industry......otherwise they'd just be taking your money for other taxes?

I think you'll like T1, it's a solid machine. Cera is a considerably improved version, it's my sincere hope it will work out well for you in the end.

Regards.

OF

Yup, the customs can be really brutal, especially here in Denmark. Anything over $15-20 including shipping from outside the EU and you'd better be prepared to pay a ton of taxes.
I'm not sure of the exact tariff you're mentioning, but domestic as in within the EU, you're right there's no extra taxes or anything when buying from another country. Which in that regard, is great when you live in the most expensive country of them all:)

I think I'll be glad with the t1 as well, I've read some good reviews (I mean the magic flight is like $225 in my local head shop so I think the price is ok) Also now there's no rush in getting the cera ASAP which means I can go over the customs issue again and check I didn't miss anything the first time (have to do that, before adding the info to vaporpedia anyways, so might as well order after).

Thank you for the positive thoughts, at least I know that when I do press buy, I have done everything I could to make sure there is no problem:)

That's steep! I'm sure you'll feel the Cera is worth the money though.

I'm pretty positive I will as well, thank you. Besides, like I said everything so damn expensive compared to you guys, that its actually a decent price compared to the top models in the head shops here.

Almost forgot to ask - what's up with the revolution since its like finding gold? And I've been wondering is the dart a part of the revolution?

Vaporiffic

Almost forgot to ask - what's up with the revolution since its like finding gold? And I've been wondering is the dart a part of the revolution?

Vaporiffic

The revolution is the discontinued model of TV's essential oil cartridge. Uses same heating material as the Cera and fits in any standard 510 e-cig battery.(Even the cheap $20 ego batteries) The Cera definitely produces bigger clouds but the Revolution is something I'd want to keep in my pocket rather than lugging the Cera around. Revolution sells like hot cakes in the classified section of this forum because they're impossible to now a days. If you're interested, there might be some T1 to Revolution conversion kits online but most likely they are the windowed version or sold out. I was shopping for one recently for a friend.

The dart is part of the revolution but the original cart had a twisting window. Dart is really easy to load because you just dab concentrates with the tip of it and load it and it directly touches the heating element unlike the Cera. A lot easier to see on youtube.

Hopefully TV might manufacture them again or make something similar for the Cera. I sure know there is a high demand for used Revolution carts. :cry:
fuFrh4a.jpg

The revolution is the discontinued model of TV's essential oil cartridge. Uses same heating material as the Cera and fits in any standard 510 e-cig battery.(Even the cheap $20 ego batteries) The Cera definitely produces bigger clouds but the Revolution is something I'd want to keep in my pocket rather than lugging the Cera around. Revolution sells like hot cakes in the classified section of this forum because they're impossible to now a days. If you're interested, there might be some T1 to Revolution conversion kits online but most likely they are the windowed version or sold out. I was shopping for one recently for a friend.

The dart is part of the revolution but the original cart had a twisting window. Dart is really easy to load because you just dab concentrates with the tip of it and load it and it directly touches the heating element unlike the Cera. A lot easier to see on youtube.

Hopefully TV might manufacture them again or make something similar for the Cera. I sure know there is a high demand for used Revolution carts. :cry:
fuFrh4a.jpg

Thank you for that :)
Well I just got an email from what's apparently the biggest vape shop in Europe and even though their web shop says in stock they do not have it. So I guess I'll have to find another place if possible:(
How about the t1 core, is there anyway to get a new replacement if the old one does break down?

Anyone here have experience with amazon - if I buy something and I do not receive it, do I have any protection with amazon?

Vaporiffic

Vaporiffic,

OF

How about the t1 core, is there anyway to get a new replacement if the old one does break down?

Anyone here have experience with amazon - if I buy something and I do not receive it, do I have any protection with amazon?

Replacements might be a problem since they're out of production, but TV has a large supply of service spares (I've seen them....) and will rebuild yours for free when in warranty (one year?), and for $15 after that. Even on second hand units. They back what they make like few if any others.

Amazon is famous for Customer Support. They will do right by you for sure, I wouldn't sweat it.

OF

Thank you for that :)
Well I just got an email from what's apparently the biggest vape shop in Europe and even though their web shop says in stock they do not have it. So I guess I'll have to find another place if possible:(

Vaporiffic
The Revolution and T1 can both have it's core replaced under warranty or for $10-15 like the Cera I believe. Of course, your customs will charge much more than that fee. :lol:

Amazon should warrant a refund if there was no evidence of shipment.

Edit: Looks like OF beat me to it!

Thank you guys:)

Well now I do really want the t1 too:) I found a seller at amazon.co.uk but there's something suspicious about him. If you have a minute maybe you could check.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/ThermoVape-...R5R0/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A3AY6CG1BVM7G7

From what I understand by google he also has this website:
http://www.vaporizershop.co.uk/index.asp

I just think something is off, but if amazon backs me up, maybe as you say OF I shouldn't sweat it. I tried reading up on it on amazon but I think it's a little vague or I'm just too worried:)

I'm not sure, the paperwork with (rightly) reflects the cost as 15 USD would generally under the line of concern. Even a 50% duty would be a small amount.

Shipping would be be expensive, of course.

OF

As you say $15 usually don't arouse any suspicion in customs, but even if it did I wouldn't worry too much about it when the amount is so small. The shipping is another thing - lets just hope it doesn't break if I ever get it:)

Vaporiffic

OF

Thank you guys:)

Well now I do really want the t1 too:) I found a seller at amazon.co.uk but there's something suspicious about him. If you have a minute maybe you could check.

You're welcome.

I'm not sure what you see, but it looks legit to me. There's still a few around here and there. In fact I just was by a LHS a friend told me about, first visit, they had two white ones in the display case. "New old stock" as the saying goes. Still fully supported by TV. These were $250 for the same set, BTW.

I also note the web site lists a revolution? If real that might be well worth getting, it's the forerunner of the Cera oil core, a respectable performer in it's own right.

I think you can count on Amazon to refund the bucks if it never shows......unlikely as that might be.

OF

mephisto

No selling or soliciting items on the forum. The only exception is the Classifieds section, which is the only place on the forum you may mention items you may have for sale or trade. This includes messages in profiles, signatures, etc.
Hey vaporiffic, I may have a ultra/rev setup that can be yours if you like. I stocked up when they became obsolete. PM me if you are interested.....This is not a hard sell by any means, just a friendly offer.....

You're welcome.

I'm not sure what you see, but it looks legit to me. There's still a few around here and there. In fact I just was by a LHS a friend told me about, first visit, they had two white ones in the display case. "New old stock" as the saying goes. Still fully supported by TV. These were $250 for the same set, BTW.

I also note the web site lists a revolution? If real that might be well worth getting, it's the forerunner of the Cera oil core, a respectable performer in it's own right.

I think you can count on Amazon to refund the bucks if it never shows......unlikely as that might be.

OF

Thanks again:)

Yea noticed that revolution too, the odd thing is that he doesn't not have it on the amazon page.. I don't know maybe I'm getting paranoid from the weed:) just thought there was something off about it all (I tried writing an email, we'll see what that brings) I do however think my best bet is too try through amazon if I decide to do so even if that means no revolution... I don't know decisions, decisions:)

Hey vaporiffic, I may have a ultra/rev setup that can be yours if you like. I stocked up when they became obsolete. PM me if you are interested.....This is not a hard sell by any means, just a friendly offer.....

Maybe I can work something out with mephisto. I PM'ed you btw:)

personally vouch for this guy. if you do oil, grab it quick!

Does sound interesting:)

Vaporiffic

NoName

Hey Miephisto,

Very generous and very, very cool sir. One of the reasons this forum IMO is such a valuable and helpful resource. Kudos again.

NN

OF

Hey Miephisto,

Very generous and very, very cool sir. One of the reasons this forum IMO is such a valuable and helpful resource. Kudos again.

While I agree, fully, it does run sideways to the rules....a PM might have been a better call?

Might also keep Miephisto's inbox from exploding......

There is no doubt that many here are 'looking out for the other guy' in ways that should make us all proud, but I also deeply respect the Mods for their good work 'keeping it between the ditches'. Without their constant tending our little garden of joy would be overrun by weeds in no time at all and we'd be no more effective in what we do than the lesser forums out there.

OF

OF

Did Mephisto really get banned? Well what a bummer that is....

It would seem so, probably for a short time, but the details are taboo.....as is the discussion? The rules are pretty clear on the point:

"Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member."

FWIW, I'm looking forward to Mephisto resuming his excellent contributions in short order.

OF

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've been enjoying my cera consistently this time, no issues with the battery tube failing on me so far.

My pax may no longer be required. I have enough faith in the cera so far :)

Can't wait to get my alternate mouthpiece and give that a try. Also very interested in a cera mini, but I imagine the battery life would be shorter, more like a T1?

Also, Tim.... I didn't forget the words "carbon fiber cera" :p

2ndSight

Well, damn. My Cera is no longer heating up.

After 3 months of normal use it suddenly stopped working, I took the battery out and the core off, put it all back together again and it was working! But only for a short while. So it was intermittently working briefly, but now it's stopped altogether. I'm not sure whether it's the core or the switch wiring or the conductive ground strap in the tube or what....It does seem like my batteries are still draining when I press the button, even though no heat occurs. So maybe it is the core. I have a voltmeter but I suppose if I can't get it to work I have to send it in any case...aaand of course there's plenty of good oil material trapped in there that will be lost, plus I was planning to take it on a trip with me soon. So this is definitely a bummer. Emailed TET yesterday to try to troubleshoot or begin the return process, but haven't heard back yet.

I really hope TET has figured out more effective methods for making sturdy/long-lasting Cera cores/switches/etc...I know there's plenty of happy users out there but I do see quite a few failed Ceras in this thread, which now includes myself. :doh:

2ndSight,

JoeKickass

So it was intermittently working briefly, but now it's stopped altogether. I'm not sure whether it's the core or the switch wiring or the conductive ground strap in the tube or what....

Can't you just send in the tube and switch? People don't have to ship in the eo core and mouthpiece and bits that have oil do they?

You could also try my style of a 510 drip tip directly on the eo core, I like to use the PN tube or some silicone tubing to filter through water to smooth it out though because it is pretty harsh straight from the core...

Top Bottom