Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

General Disaster

A Country Member
Yeah I am between the first and the third I guess, hmmmm decisions always tough
I'm assuming you mean the TA1 and 3? If it makes any difference, and the extra cost isn't an issue, I think the airflow is set semi-permanently, unlike say the Tempest. It's adjusted and screwed tight (if you'll pardon the expression! 😉). So you can leave it set on, say, nearly open (simulating the TA1 roughly). Then fire and forget, and then if it just won't quite hit the spot however you heat it, you can take the airflow up or down a bit as you'll know by then what you need, I'd guess? Just how I'd see it, anyway.

General Disaster,
Reactions: Shit Snacks
Thinking to pull the trigger on this. I have a XL glass hula stem . Would this be acceptable? Eventually would want to get another stem but I don’t want to spend much. What suggestions do people have that pair well?

SlickHenry,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm assuming you mean the TA1 and 3? If it makes any difference, and the extra cost isn't an issue, I think the airflow is set semi-permanently, unlike say the Tempest. It's adjusted and screwed tight (if you'll pardon the expression! 😉). So you can leave it set on, say, nearly open (simulating the TA1 roughly). Then fire and forget, and then if it just won't quite hit the spot however you heat it, you can take the airflow up or down a bit as you'll know by then what you need, I'd guess? Just how I'd see it, anyway.

It is a good point, the airflow is said to be the same nearly, but it does seem like it should be a bit more open with full slots instead of all the holes... I guess my original has the same amount of balls, so it would be more interesting to get one that has more perhaps as well (or not if wanting it to be more similar?) I like the look with the knurling a little bit more since without it this is just a plain tube but not an issue at all!

Yeah I am between the first and the third I guess, hmmmm decisions always tough
I assumed it meant that TA1 won't stick to the cooling magnet.

Okay yeah this is also what's making me think maybe I should go for TA3 because the magnet feature is actually likely to be useful, MagSink seems like a great accessory (much nicer than the silicone if I'm not able to use the wood on smooth surface lol)

btka

I wrote an e-mail at ThermalAccumulatorSales@mail.com Sunday night/Monday because I wanted to order a TA, but since then no answer from @phattpiggie. Is this normal? Because he is busy? Did someone tried to order from this e-mail and got an answer from phattpiggie?

I also thinking about ordering a TA3.
But I am thinking also about waiting for the TA4, in past phattpiggie mentioned that in the future you maybe could buy click discs or a visual indicator (like tempest) and in my opinion for this you would need a TA4 (where you can srew off the top of the TA. Any suggestions when the TA4 will be available?

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
I wrote an e-mail at ThermalAccumulatorSales@mail.com Sunday night/Monday because I wanted to order a TA, but since then no answer from @phattpiggie. Is this normal? Because he is busy? Did someone tried to order from this e-mail and got an answer from phattpiggie?

I did the same and didn’t get an answer so far. I guess he’s just busy and will get back to us in no time.

General Disaster

A Country Member
WARNING PEEPS!!!!

The email address "ThermalAccumulatorSales@mail.com" is no longer working!
I too used it on Sunday evening (uk time), and got no response next day, but did get a prompt reply from his normal email address, mentioning the sales one is buggered for now!
Email him on "phattpiggie@gmail.com" if you want info, and/or want to order directly if you're Europe-side of the pond.

Preferred payment is via Paypal, but best let him give details, and if Paypal is really no-go, I think he'll do whatever possible to sort it out for you. Was ever so patient and helpful with moi! (being kind to the elderly shows good character! 😉😂)

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
WARNING PEEPS!!!!

The email address "ThermalAccumulatorSales@mail.com" is no longer working!
I too used it on Sunday evening (uk time), and got no response next day, but did get a prompt reply from his normal email address, mentioning the sales one is buggered for now!
Email him on "phattpiggie@gmail.com" if you want info, and/or want to order directly if you're Europe-side of the pond.

Preferred payment is via Paypal, but best let him give details, and if Paypal is really no-go, I think he'll do whatever possible to sort it out for you. Was ever so patient and helpful with moi! (being kind to the elderly shows good character! 😉😂)

Very helpful info, thanks a lot, man! :tup:

I sent him an email to "phattpiggie@gmail.com" and he replied within 2 hours. He also confirmed about his trouble with the other email address.

Very excited for my first ball vape! :rockon:

General Disaster

A Country Member
Very helpful info, thanks a lot, man! :tup:

I sent him an email to "phattpiggie@gmail.com" and he replied within 2 hours. He also confirmed about his trouble with the other email address.

Very excited for my first ball vape! :rockon:
Cool, happy to point a direction out, I actually discovered all this because I used the wrong address the first time round on Sunday, then re-reading his post, realised I'd done my usual idiotic mistake of the day, and re-emailed him on the correct (but not working) address!

So despite my adding an email to his gmail account saying "oh, ignore this, I sent to wrong address", he still replied and all was good!
The lamb laid down with the lion, and Putin gave all his wealth away to war widows (metaphorically speaking! 🤣)

Oh yeah! Enjoy that fucka when it comes! Can't wait myself!!

Jojofernz

If I got it right,
TA1 is close to OG, is knurled, has open airflow, and requires removing and replacing the screen to change balls; has a smaller matrix at 55 balls.
TA2 is the same but with adjustable airflow and a tighter draw;
TA3 is not knurled, is larger at 70 balls, and shares the open, (adjustable) airflow of TAs 1 and 4;
TA4's the same but with a threaded top for easy ball-swapping.

Hope this is correct...
So wait is the TA4 only referring to top loading the balls and not the bowl itself?

I was waiting for it as I assumed the top loading meant you loaded the bowl from the top like a tempest or stunner? Or do all the TA’s perform like this?

I was mainly opting for the TA4, as the bowl loading like that seemed the best but I guess now I’m confused how the other ones load?

sedentree

I think it refers to the un/loading of the balls. I don’t have a TA (yet 🤞) but I believe the options are just for the heater matrix ie the part you hit with the flame but you also get a bowl which is where the herbs go.

Edit:
If you watch the video at
Post in thread 'Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie'
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/thermal-accumulator-by-phattpiggie.52933/post-1780782 you see what I presume is the herb bowl/chamber at the beginning of the video followed by the heater matrix options.

General Disaster

A Country Member
Yeah, it has a threaded top where the airflow adjuster is, that allows removal/adding balls without having to touch the screen. But these are still undergoing manufacture, so not available immediately.

Each heater comes with a variable sized bowl, a silicon decapper, a dowel to seat the screens. That's about it for the basic price (I may have missed something small like an extra screen).
Then there's a set of accessories...
<quote>
I also have packs of o rings, which include 4 black standard size, 4 grey which are slightly oversize for looser stems and 2 buffer for the 8mm spigot to stem fit. £3.50.
Screen packs include 5 40 mesh and 5 60 mesh bowl screens and 5 40 mesh heater screens. £3.50
Magsink decapper which are marked down as seconds. £7.50.
Revolve2 heat buffer bobbins are £3.50
Adjuster disc and screw at £7.50
<unquote>

This was from his email, so I guess it's correct but best check with the man first.

FYI: I ended up paying ~£100 (inc. delivery) for a smooth adjustable with all the extras.
So once I manage to pull out that ink reservoir and 'nib' of this cheap disposable plastic biro, it'll be the perfect stem for it! At zero cost!!!
What could possibly go wrong...? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!)

[Yet another General Disaster®™ bought to you by the curses of a million Neanderthal's©]

Last edited:

bestvaping

Knurled AdjustaFlo is on the way for me, if I like the TA, I'll order the Smooth Easiload AdjustaFlo version later when it's available, but for now I'd rather start quietly with the standard model. That's what I liked best about the TA (and why I find the Tempest too technological), the simplicity of the original model was quite good.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Excited to have joined the hype train, Smooth Adjusta Flo with magsink on the way! All aboard! :brow:

I am close to pulling the trigger on this exact order from @VGOODIEZ for my upgrade :cool:

Edit to Add:
Wonder if this would be compatible

Last edited:

General Disaster

A Country Member
That's a neat idea! Very compact but works for 14 and 18!
The only thing I'd wonder is how easy it is to firmly seat it in the socket (and remove?) when you've got such a hot device attached, but I guess they'd not sell 'em if that was an issue!
I'd guess for the TA the question would be heat and expansion? If it's designed for a DV, it may not like the extra from a TA?
But I haven't a clue really!

General Disaster,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
That's a neat idea! Very compact but works for 14 and 18!
The only thing I'd wonder is how easy it is to firmly seat it in the socket (and remove?) when you've got such a hot device attached, but I guess they'd not sell 'em if that was an issue!
I'd guess for the TA the question would be heat and expansion? If it's designed for a DV, it may not like the extra from a TA?
But I haven't a clue really!
You'd probably want the buffer bobbin for it, just in case.

General Disaster

A Country Member
You'd probably want the buffer bobbin for it, just in case.
I must have read your mind from the future when I ordered then, since that's on the list! Great minds think alike? (well, I like to see it that way! 😉)

Aw, ok, I admit it, I got it as I'm intending to try the revolve as a stem.

Or did you mean something else? Just occurred to me!

General Disaster,
Reactions: Grass Yes

bankruptcy

I don't see why it wouldn't, if I'm not mistaken the bowl is dynasize, 8mm. I got the o rings pack for max compatibility.

Actually I was looking into 14/18mm adapters as well. In addition to the classic joint like session I'd also want to use it through water, in order to achieve the biggest possible hits, and occasionally in a J-hook for some relaxed puffs.
My only concern with this exact stem is that I don't know how stable it is in a 14mm J-hook, it wouldn't be fun to worry about balancing a scolding hot piece of metal while relaxing.

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Thinking to pull the trigger on this. I have a XL glass hula stem . Would this be acceptable? Eventually would want to get another stem but I don’t want to spend much. What suggestions do people have that pair well?
Yes, an XL hula stem is perfeclty acceptable. IIRC I saw a picture taken by @Chicken No Name with this very stem, but I could be wrong.
The stem I ended up using has probably even less cooling that an XL hula stem so I'm positive they will do the job just fine.

ETA: I've just looked up and what @Chicken No Name was using in his post wasn't a hula stem but another glass stem. Sorry for the confusion.
My point still stands though. You should be able to use the TA with any stem you want. I'd only avoid metal stems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom