• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

emily

Ah woops let’s try this again. I’ve had the bocote TA for four days over Christmas and here’s a few more impressions.

I chose the TA so I could duck away at Christmas and do flowerpot style hits in a portable setup. It’s a great setup for doing this. It’s easy and fast to load, the heat up is pretty fast, and it takes no time to finish a bowl. But the TA does remain hot for a while after so you can’t just throw it in your pocket or in a case, you have to wait for it to cool a little. Not very long though, a min or two.

I’d compare the largeness and intensity of the hits to doing large hits off a sticky brick, but with a totally different feel. And if you look at the abv afterwards it’s identical to the flowerpot. Compared with my flowerpot, the hits in the TA are more constricted by a thinner stem. I’d love to try the TA head on something with less resistance, although I’m not sure I’d prefer it as the resistance suits the vaporizers and is quite pleasant.

I picked up the wand specifically for the TA and it works really well. It’s a little larger than I think it should be but it feels solid in hand. It’s easy to heat the TA with the wand, I’ve never combusted so far. I’ve only used it with the wood spacer which works reallllly nicely.

So far the TA is more than living up to expectations.

Duba

Accessory Maker
Speaking of storage and transport, I designed this custom leather case for the Wand and the TA. You can add a small plant box as well!
The leather is heat resistant and can contain the still warm TA without risk (placed on the wand it does not touch it)

It’s oddly perfect that full temp and letting the wand time out is a perfect hit on the TA.
I went to the Time out and it's perfect!

My_50p_worth

I’ve been using the TA a couple weeks now, so I thought I’d share a couple of the things that have really helped me get the best performance out of this device. Obviously everyone will have different techniques and ways of hitting their TA

1: Pop the screen out and torch it every 1-2 days - very noticeable when this needs doing, the TA just doesn’t work as well.

2: Tamp a ground load with the tool - seems to help things vape more evenly when the load is given a gentle tamp. No tamp or too much don’t seem to work as well for me.

3: Less heat, more jets - I don’t know why this works but it does. The vapour feels more dense and seems to get to a meaningful volume faster

4: Long, slow draws seem to give the best extraction and fullest hits

felvapes

Video using Wand at 415 and then 420 with a ruby swap on water

With Boro it only needs an 800 with the wand and it's perfect

With Ruby you can cherry it a lot more with a torch and not worry about combustion as much, it's easier to combust with boro and a torch
Ruby and a torch I don't have to time it, I just get it nice and red then hit it

The TA on water is really nice
One nice big thick cloud with a big hit

felvapes

Ruby swap with tradie torch (I've used a few torches and the cherry glow visual indicator method works every time)
Can cherry it good n proper with Ruby
A little more forgiving than Boro when riding the combustion line

The wand makes it mindless and perfectly even avb (ruby or boro) for one bowl at a time
For back to backs or in a group with an already warm cap/bowl the ruby swap and torch makes it easier to find the sweet spot
Cherry that shiz hard

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

He’s finally got it! Looks great with that stem too :D

PM me if you need any advice getting going
I've been on a hash only diet and it's very forgiving. Can ride that cherry risk free.

It's a real treat this one. It's pretty amazing in accomplishing its intended goal, which is the joint like experience. I could take many hits of a relatively small load. And with the hash at least it's real easy to do some mid session torching to get the heater back to temp. The lack of a click is such a strength for this device. We roll with tobacco here in NL so from my joint career im used to relighting my j's (it tends tp die down when not toking when you roll with tobacco), so it's a real natural experience. Should be able to convert some joint combusters to the fog!

My_50p_worth

it's real easy to do some mid session torching to get the heater back to temp. The lack of a click is such a strength for this device.

This is something I love about the TA, it’s so flexible with how you want to heat it and the sessions you can get as a result

I quite enjoy pretending it’s a vapman - start off with a 10-15 second heat blast and then heat in 3-5 second increments… gives you a lovely prolonged session with great flavour at the start and heavy hits towards the end.

I can’t wait to get hold of some hash and get a real nice heat soak going, I’m a little jealous haha

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ah I got some infused nugs (with oil and kief, maybe hash?) to try in another vape that has hybrid conduction, but just realized I should be trying them in my TA too! I think I'll wait till I get closer to needing a clean though as my screen is still pretty pristine

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Great video's @felvapes I'm glad you are enjoying it. Rubies run different to boro glass but no so much that you have to learn the TA all over again.
'Baller Joint Vape' I like that.

@ShayWhiteGrow thank you for the continued support.
'One of the tastiest dry hit's' that means a lot to me coming from the man with a shit load of vapes.

@phattpiggie are there still plans for a smaller version TA?
Yes, the slim version should be at the beta stage Jan/Feb time.

@Stueylakes 'wonderful tool of self destruction':rofl:

@Franco I'm pleased it finally landed and meets the expectations. More testing is always a good thing.👍

@rollerskater I sent out the Wand spacers so everyone had the opportunity to try an IH with the TA. There will be a purpose built heater coming at some point.

@yogie toch dependent, 20-50 seconds. No spinning required.
For me it was easier to 'learn' than a VM.

@My_50p_worth bowl screens that I had made are 11mm 60 mesh, the bowl is 10mm.
I went bigger so they grip the wall.
I'll order a load more after the NY but this time I will get 40 and 60 mesh in both sizes.
I currently have a 40 rather than 60 in my bowl. Fine with rayon but I think it would let too much greenery through.
When first looking into screens I got a quote for some laser cut thin sheet. The hard part is finding a pattern that breathes as well as a mesh does.
My favourite torch with the VC was a triple. I agree it's sort of daft sounding to say more jets heats less but that's exactly what I found.
SIC are bloody expensive. One of the test crew uses them and doesn't look to be going back to glass any time soon.

@Chicken No Name you do get some really nice sessions with concentrates and glass as the heated mass doesn't mute the flavour so they are always tasty.
Cellucutton is my go to vape wick.

@emily nice pictures, thank you. Good to see you've got the hang of it.
Not really any kind of learning curve with the Wand. There will be cases.

@Duba nice work round for the Wand. My DIY IH cherries the TA so I'm not sure I'll be trying it.
Travel case looks great.

Will there be some changes in the next release and did he say when the next release will be?
Yes there will.

@NimChimpsky no stirring was what I'd hoped for.
' a real no-nonesense piledriver of a portable' thank you.

@Abele Rizieri Ferrari it's always nice to hear the last few TA are actually arriving.
Thank you for the video.
It's been nerve racking for me seeing ones sent further and later arriving before the closer, earlier shipments.
You are not the only person to mention the looser fit in the @Aezhenn stems.
I suggested a wrap or two of unbleached cotton thread under the O rings.
At first I thought I'd miss the click but I don't at all. I found with the Anvil waiting for it made me anxious.
It doesn't take long to get the hang of heating it and it's forgiving.

Not the easiest of jobs with the 40 mesh screen. One of the changes is to make this a doddle.
If the heater matrix doesn't screw down nicely then it usually means one edge is too high. It only needs pushing down a thread.
If you feel the draw restriction is too high then loosening the screen a little helps.
The more rattle the less restriction. One of the test crew actually went down to 40 balls. Mine is stuffed with 60.
If it goes tight all of a sudden then gently tap the MP vertically on a hard surface. Mine does it occasionally.

The continued interest in the TA is very welcoming and definitely helps with the drive to produce more. Thank you.
I'm not usually one to make plans or fix dates so it's an estimate at best but the aim is to have them available next spring. No lists or preorders.
There should be a couple of retailers coming on board here in the UK, EU and it goes without saying @VGOODIEZ will be restocked when the time comes.

Hope everyone had a good Xmas and you all have a great New Year.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Great video's @felvapes I'm glad you are enjoying it. Rubies run different to boro glass but no so much that you have to learn the TA all over again.
'Baller Joint Vape' I like that.

@ShayWhiteGrow thank you for the continued support.
'One of the tastiest dry hit's' that means a lot to me coming from the man with a shit load of vapes.

Yes, the slim version should be at the beta stage Jan/Feb time.

@Stueylakes 'wonderful tool of self destruction':rofl:

@Franco I'm pleased it finally landed and meets the expectations. More testing is always a good thing.👍

@rollerskater I sent out the Wand spacers so everyone had the opportunity to try an IH with the TA. There will be a purpose built heater coming at some point.

@yogie toch dependent, 20-50 seconds. No spinning required.
For me it was easier to 'learn' than a VM.

I'll order a load more after the NY but this time I will get 40 and 60 mesh in both sizes.
I currently have a 40 rather than 60 in my bowl. Fine with rayon but I think it would let too much greenery through.
When first looking into screens I got a quote for some laser cut thin sheet. The hard part is finding a pattern that breathes as well as a mesh does.
My favourite torch with the VC was a triple. I agree it's sort of daft sounding to say more jets heats less but that's exactly what I found.
SIC are bloody expensive. One of the test crew uses them and doesn't look to be going back to glass any time soon.

@Chicken No Name you do get some really nice sessions with concentrates and glass as the heated mass doesn't mute the flavour so they are always tasty.
Cellucutton is my go to vape wick.

@emily nice pictures, thank you. Good to see you've got the hang of it.
Not really any kind of learning curve with the Wand. There will be cases.

@Duba nice work round for the Wand. My DIY IH cherries the TA so I'm not sure I'll be trying it.
Travel case looks great.

Yes there will.

@NimChimpsky no stirring was what I'd hoped for.
' a real no-nonesense piledriver of a portable' thank you.

@Abele Rizieri Ferrari it's always nice to hear the last few TA are actually arriving.
Thank you for the video.
It's been nerve racking for me seeing ones sent further and later arriving before the closer, earlier shipments.
You are not the only person to mention the looser fit in the @Aezhenn stems.
I suggested a wrap or two of unbleached cotton thread under the O rings.
At first I thought I'd miss the click but I don't at all. I found with the Anvil waiting for it made me anxious.
It doesn't take long to get the hang of heating it and it's forgiving.

Not the easiest of jobs with the 40 mesh screen. One of the changes is to make this a doddle.
If the heater matrix doesn't screw down nicely then it usually means one edge is too high. It only needs pushing down a thread.
If you feel the draw restriction is too high then loosening the screen a little helps.
The more rattle the less restriction. One of the test crew actually went down to 40 balls. Mine is stuffed with 60.
If it goes tight all of a sudden then gently tap the MP vertically on a hard surface. Mine does it occasionally.

The continued interest in the TA is very welcoming and definitely helps with the drive to produce more. Thank you.
I'm not usually one to make plans or fix dates so it's an estimate at best but the aim is to have them available next spring. No lists or preorders.
There should be a couple of retailers coming on board here in the UK, EU and it goes without saying @VGOODIEZ will be restocked when the time comes.

Hope everyone had a good Xmas and you all have a great New Year.

Gotta admit the tunes you pick are as good as the vape.:tup:

Texus

My_50p_worth

I acquired some 10mm 60mesh screens, and I see what you mean about gripping the walls. These ones I have to make into a dome shape, then press the centre of the dome and fiddle around a bit to lock it in. A few bowls keeps it nicely glued in after, though.

I’ve been considering trying the 40mesh on the bowl, obviously with a less fine grind to stop particulate coming through.

It would be cool for the TA to have its own unique screen pattern for the bowl/heater screens like the DV CCD if you do settle on a pattern.

To be honest with you, I prefer that more rigid style of screen to mesh but I’m very much aware I’m in the minority!

MACHUCA

I delayed getting the TA on VGoodiez by a day and it was gone once i went back :( Its amazing to see the positive response here and on other sites where enthusiasts post reviews and pictures. I can't wait for the next release! Keep up the amazing work Phattpiggie, i drool over all your creations and hope to add a custom stem soon!

My_50p_worth

Some data to help you decide what balls you’re going to stuff in there and suck on ;)

Glass balls-
Thermal conductivity 3 W/ (m·K)
Heat Capacity 741 J/g K

Ruby balls-
Thermal conductivity 40 W/ (m·K)
Heat Capacity 750 J/g K

SiC balls-
Thermal conductivity 120 W/ (m·K)
Heat Capacity 510 J/g K

And one for the lottery winners:

Diamond balls-
Thermal conductivity 1000 W/ (m·K)
Heat Capacity 1000 J/g K

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Okay so I've been using this near exclusively since I got it last Wednesday. Haven't tried with herb, only the Moroccan hash we have here in Netherlands. Thought I'd share some of my thoughts.

The oring closest to the wooden sleeve sometimes slips out of position when removing g the TA from my stem or WPA. @phattpiggie iirc you already mentioned the next batch will drop the wooden sleeve, so this might already be addressed. But from what I can tell it is caused by 1) oring doesn't seem to rest in a 'gutter' like the other ones and 2) it is positioned right next to the sleeve.

But enough about a oring lol. I have been greatly enjoying this vaporizer. What I'm most happy about is that it mimics the j experience so well. I was afraid TA might become another vape that I favor with water, but I actually prefer it with the glass lined stem by Aezhenn. And not just for the toking experience.

I use 3-4 heat cycles with 3-4 hits each, say on average 12 hits a session. I aim for 4 cycles, but I'm eyeballing heating time and temp so sometimes the hits get pushed into 3 heat cycles. This results in bigger hits at the cost of the delicate and rich flavor this Ketama hash has to offer. With a bit care for the heating times and helped by the nice stem, TA transfers the evolving flavors of a hash extraction in a pleasing way. The last heat cycle is where it start to taste done.

I've noticed the TA is highly efficient. It cranks out flavorful hits in a fast enough session that every time I finish a bowl I'm like oh yeah that slaps :spliff: I've actually even been lowering my dose. By a lot. From ~.12 to ~.07. And I still get nice and medicated from it.

Such a unique vape in my collection and it's just perfect with hash and paired with the glass lined stem. Very happy with this.

Top Bottom