Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

gotbadvas

Of course I am already back at it again. It's weird but it does seem to be so forgiving with adding in more heat. I hate when I accidentally combust so I am still just bumping things up slowly each time. I am not very worried about combusting now like I would be with a sticky brick or other direct draw vapes. I sometimes don't notice I am going in too hot and combust. I am still having to heat too long I think for my torch. Do any of you use the ronx? I still have a way to go on turning up the flame I am nearly at the middle setting. I think I will just max it out next cycle and do 30 seconds.

RamboDig

Of course I am already back at it again. It's weird but it does seem to be so forgiving with adding in more heat. I hate when I accidentally combust so I am still just bumping things up slowly each time. I am not very worried about combusting now like I would be with a sticky brick or other direct draw vapes. I sometimes don't notice I am going in too hot and combust. I am still having to heat too long I think for my torch. Do any of you use the ronx? I still have a way to go on turning up the flame I am nearly at the middle setting. I think I will just max it out next cycle and do 30 seconds.
I'm still figuring it out, but I've got my Ronx 3/4 power (it won't ignite past that for some reason) on dual flame goin about 30 sec. If it's not ripping I've just added about ten more sec.

Gdash

I received mine earlier today and I'm two bowls in at the moment. I'm using a Firefox Mini and torched for 45 seconds at the top of the heater matrix. I got slow rising and thick vapor; very pleasant. I got light brown avb and I didn't feel like I needed to go any further. Really enjoying the effects right now.

Edit: Refilled my torch and this time I got some dark brown avb at 45 seconds. That was a heavy hit, no combustion. Olivewood WPA btw. Going through water for one hit extractions.

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
The US postal system is on point with delivery this holiday weekend.

@gotbadvas You've started out exactly as I did, nice and steady. Building up the amount of heat applied and where as you become accustomed to how the heater matrix behaves. I regularly cherry the top of mine these days.

@Shit Snacks everything has been cleaned before assembly apart from the glass beads. I have recommended a burn off before use as I have no idea what the glass has gone through when manufactured. I'm sure they are cleaned and they don't show any kind of residue but it takes minutes to do a burn off.

@RamboDig with a Sticky or Vapman torch I'd be running 50 seconds and heating in the top third. When I switched to the brulee torch and was feeling a bit more confident I was at 25 seconds and heating lower. Half way.

@Gdash and RamboDig by the sounds of it you should be building up some nice anodisation patina. Dark blues and purples should appear as you start out. Once you hit that cherry all the lovely colours disappear and you end up with light blues or what looks like no colour at all.

TA are landing and unfortunately not all Wand glass was created equal.
The reason the adapter was made to fit in the underside of the Wand was because some of the glass will not allow the TA to pass through the top. It would also appear that some of the glass is longer than the one I used for the adapter fitting. It takes a minimal amount of pressure to fit the wood into the red seal. Do not force it. If in doubt do not use it. I apologise if you cannot experience the Wand and TA but I had no idea there was so much variation.

Texus

It was a good mail day.

Starting out with the Blazer Firefox torch
(a long time favorite for devices that need a stronger flame). And need to dig out the Wand next (I just saw the damn thing...).

So far going pretty easy but love the ability to puff away like a jay or blunt. One small it to pick so far is that I wish the mouthpiece was more rounded. Which my similarly shapped finned Phat Piggie is. But easy to remedy that with some sandpaper.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks everything has been cleaned before assembly apart from the glass beads. I have recommended a burn off before use as I have no idea what the glass has gone through when manufactured. I'm sure they are cleaned and they don't show any kind of residue but it takes minutes to do a burn off

Awesome thank you, that's what I was hoping to hear! Appreciate the confirmation bud

with a Sticky or Vapman torch I'd be running 50 seconds and heating in the top third. When I switched to the brulee torch and was feeling a bit more confident I was at 25 seconds and heating lower. Half way

This makes sense, you aim further away from the load if you are heating longer, you can aim closer if you're heating faster... Remember there is also a great chart and use instructions detailed at vgoodiez!

My plan was to start with stache RiO torch, maybe try to rig something up to hold the TA there for me as a heating station...

Perhaps I should order the Firefox though? Or would it be helpful to have another one that can do dual flames??

Dark blues and purples should appear as you start out. Once you hit that cherry all the lovely colours disappear and you end up with light blues or what looks like no colour at all

This is also very helpful, we'll be sad to lose those lovely hues from the honeymoon phase!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Texus I'll make a mental note to round off the MP's some more. I think it's because I like the way they look and forget they need to be comfortable to use.
Joint like experience is what I was after and it certainly performs that way but you can milk glass as well.

@Shit Snacks the further away from the load the more the bias is for convection. When heating like this and mouth to lung toking you sometimes notice the first toke can be quite light. That initial draw pulls heat from the hotter beads into the cooler ones and you get thicker vapor next time. I do a short 'prime' toke.

Gdash

@Gdash and RamboDig by the sounds of it you should be building up some nice anodisation patina. Dark blues and purples should appear as you start out. Once you hit that cherry all the lovely colours disappear and you end up with light blues or what looks like no colour at all.

She's a beauty 😍

Anyone try Ti balls? I have some G5 3mm Ti balls laying around i'll probably give a go. Going to leave it as is for a while though.

Texus

@Texus I'll make a mental note to round off the MP's some more. I think it's because I like the way they look and forget they need to be comfortable to use.
Joint like experience is what I was after and it certainly performs that way but you can milk glass as well.
Yeah just a small contour would do it. Mine was just pretty close to right angle. But man I am being nitpicky here. Found the Wand and away we go!!!

@phattpiggie how long do you run the TA with the Wand?

Really enjoying that Wand adapter piece in use. Gives you ideal insertion depth. Bravo!

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Yeah just a small contour would do it. Mine was just pretty close to right angle. But man I am being nitpicky here. Found the Wand and away we go!!!

@phattpiggie how long do you run the TA with the Wand?

Really enjoying that Wand adapter piece in use. Gives you ideal insertion depth. Bravo!
About 50 sec on the wand heat up is my sweet spot:nod:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Gdash Patina Applebum.
No Ti tried to my knowledge. The matrix screen is a bit awkward to remove as they are a 40 mesh. I use a pointed tool and try and turn the screens counter clockwise. This way they ride up into the thread. To put it back is also a little tricky. I used an M6 Allen screw head to seat it then a small flat blade screwdriver to ease the edges down. You'll know its in place properly when the bowl screws in nicely.
One of the changes planned for the matrix is to keep the 40 mesh for flow but make it really easy to change out the substrate.
Bowle mesh is 60 and they are more flexible so easier to fit.

@Texus the Wand heats more of the Ti lid than my homemade focused version. The extra area being heated gives a nice first hit. The timer takes away any worries of over heating.
Mine is set to max temp. double click and wait for the led to stop flashing. Putting it on a box or book with the coil over hanging the edge and something reflective under the coil really helps to see the led.
Usually getting around 10 bowls to a full charge. The Wand is not as efficient as the zvs module.

The timed IH is great and definitely the way forward. Ideally I'd like to see a portable with a couple or 3 push buttons.

Button one for the full 50 seconds, button two going for 30-40 for back to back bowl use. The third to serve as a top up so just an on/off momentary switch.
Buttons would be easier than having to turn a dial.

Mains powered would have a display screen so really simple to set as you can see the amount on the display change as you turn the dial.
The display timer module I got is power hungry and doesn't cope as well with battery drop.
The battery powered one uses an automotive timer very little power draw and copes much better with the battery drop.

A couple of points for everyone to remember.

Do not over tighten the bowl. They only need to be a light finger tighten.

If you are running back to back bowls there is still a fair bit of residual heat left so adjust your heat time accordingly.

Pgnciousd

Received Bocote today. Entering the PP universe for the first time. Couldn’t be more impressed at the moment. Learning curve is relatively quick, and the experience currently stands on its own for me.

Only issue, I did not receive the matrix removal/tamp tool. Was that supposed to be included on all orders?

Edit: just heard that it was a mistake and will be remedied. Goodness @VGOODIEZ is quick.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Anyone messed with different grind/pack? I've been putting this thing through it's paces, but only used a med bcg plate. Thinking of stuffing chunks in next.
Chunks work!

@letter never sent yes it's the jig for the wand. Sets on top and keeps the appropriate dept for wand use when placed on the non-display side. Check the listings for pictures. Do not force it and break your glass! It is not made to go inside of the wand, it is made to rest on top.

@mixchu69 maybe next year sometime.

Texus

Anyone messed with different grind/pack? I've been putting this thing through it's paces, but only used a med bcg plate. Thinking of stuffing chunks in next.
Chunks has been nice. But at present I'm preferring ground flower here. Tho I do love chunks with Angus (maybe the constant application of heat helps?)

Much more Piggie research to come.

Top Bottom