• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

just a heads up, this is not true. confirmed by phattpiggie above ("the bocote and olive do not come to pieces") and vgoodiez to me in email. you also cannot remove the wooden collar from the standalone TA unit.
The way I understood @phattpiggie post, and what I was trying to repeat, is that if you buy a kit with wpa or stem, the TA can be detached from the wpa or stem and attached to something else. You're saying only the stand alone edition allows swapping between wpa's and stems? And the more expensive versions don't allow this swapping?

Edit: ah from vgoodiez product page:

*The Olivewood WPA and Bocote stem have a fixed heater matrix that cannot be removed. If you want a heater that will go on any stem then you'll need to purchase the heater matrix only.

My bad guys, and thanks for looking out @rollerskater 👍👍

Makes my choice more easy - and more affordable :)

Last edited:

My_50p_worth

I think that bocote stem is so beautiful it would be criminal to remove it anyway, that’ll be my choice of TA if the option presents itself on release. Don’t see myself going elsewhere stem wise as I enjoy using the vapes as they come where possible

Interesting though.. I assumed all the ovens were identical and shared the 8mm fitment. I guess the upcoming slimline TA will be a better choice and aesthetic for 8mm stems anyway

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
US and Canadian purchases will be handled by Vgoodiez while I look after the UK/EU and everyone else.

A couple of people asked about the materials being used and I skirted round the question.
With the release being so close its time to put some minds at ease.

I said 'industry proven safe and reliable'.
As standard each TA goes out with 2 grams, approximately 55, 3mm borosilicate glass beads in the lid held in with a SS screen.
The test crew have used rubies, SiC and cubic zirconia. All perform well with their respective heating and cooling properties changing the way the TA delivers the goods.
20221120-160907.jpg

The surface area in those little lids is much greater than any comparable vapes.
The flavour is less muted and metallic tasting.

Trying to work out some basic instructions which would be understood without writing it all down in different languages was always going to be a challenge. Hopefully a picture helps get the idea over.
20221118-212406.jpg
This is a very clever way to hold the heat. Have you tried to add a few SS beads into the mix? In theory, you could add a ratio that would take the heat-up time down considerably as well as mix the heat source more evenly into the beads. They come in many diameters to boot. Link. Not sure about the actual iron content but suspect they should be OK. Adding too many would overload the IH driver so that is something to be careful about. Adding until the driver is running around 80-100 watts would be good. Might have to upgrade the IH driver to achieve really quick heat-ups though.
Going to have to give it a go to find out. 😛

Texus

This is a very clever way to hold the heat. Have you tried to add a few SS beads into the mix? In theory, you could add a ratio that would take the heat-up time down considerably as well as mix the heat source more evenly into the beads. They come in many diameters to boot. Link. Not sure about the actual iron content but suspect they should be OK. Adding too many would overload the IH driver so that is something to be careful about. Adding until the driver is running around 80-100 watts would be good. Might have to upgrade the IH driver to achieve really quick heat-ups though.
Going to have to give it a go to find out. 😛
Loving the possibilities being thrown around here. Very exciting product and so many possibilities for dialing it in to your personal preferences.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
@Pipes has always been generous in sharing his wealth of knowledge and experience to the FC community. Question for you @Pipes Do you have any thoughts of throwing your hat in to the ring to build a IH more capable of feeding these power hungry vapes like the Anvil, Dani and the TA? If so, put me on your wait list! ;)

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
@Pipes has always been generous in sharing his wealth of knowledge and experience to the FC community. Question for you @Pipes Do you have any thoughts of throwing your hat in to the ring to build a IH more capable of feeding these power hungry vapes like the Anvil, Dani and the TA? If so, put me on your wait list! ;)
We shall see how things go but I know the Anvil doesn't have enough iron in it to work well at all with IH. Never played with a Dani. The TA has more going for it now that we know the heating media can be changed out. Down the road, I think we may be asking how many and how big SS balls you use. We also do not want to compromise taste by introducing red hot SS balls. Experimenting is needed but I have a good feeling that this will be a great versatile unit. 😉

gooby

Ok so I seriously want one of these. Question- I have an issue with wood, I can't even touch or be around wood chopsticks without it bothering me. Is there any full glass or metal option for the TA? I don't see any on vgoodiez site. Thanks!

Texus

Ok so I seriously want one of these. Question- I have an issue with wood, I can't even touch or be around wood chopsticks without it bothering me. Is there any full glass or metal option for the TA? I don't see any on vgoodiez site. Thanks!
In your case maybe coat the outside of the wood portion of the 8mm adapter version and then use something like a Simrell or Dynavap metal stem. Or glass. There are also these great stems from Rogue that are great as WPA. They even make carbless ones.

Petetbay

Just buy the bare unit at $85USD when available and any DV glass stem or any DV stem, but glass would be better as metal stems might get too hot. I have to get one, that’s less than half what I paid for the Anvril USA version. :2c:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Cheebsy as @Texus says this style of stem come with a 10mm taper as standard.
No way near as restricted as a VC.

Pricewise
TA 8mm £70
Olive 14/18mm £180
Bocote/BW £185
I've kept the prices competitive with other vapes of this style.

@Pipes I've discussed ball bearings with someone already but we've never followed it up.
I've got some 3mm coming. The way I'm going to try it out is weight for weight. Heaviest VC SS tip/cap equivalent weight in bearings. To keep the convection bias I'll load them in first. It's only going to be 5 or 6 but worth a try.
Smaller bearings and more of them would be better and again it opens up another avenue for tailoring hits.

Texus I put the prototype together in July and it's got very exciting, very quickly.
It went from a butane vape to IH to log way too fast for me:lol:

@endof3d I'd got so used to the peace and quiet an IH offers there was no way there wasn't going to be one for the TA.

@gooby apologies for all the wood, there will be all metal 8mm ones coming next year.

It all kicks off tomorrow 9am @VGOODIEZ which is 2pm Phattpiggie time.

thermalaccumulator@gmail.com

Very excited and nervous at the same time.

scheemo

Thanks

@Cheebsy as @Texus says this style of stem come with a 10mm taper as standard.
No way near as restricted as a VC.

Pricewise
TA 8mm £70
Olive 14/18mm £180
Bocote/BW £185
I've kept the prices competitive with other vapes of this style.

@Pipes I've discussed ball bearings with someone already but we've never followed it up.
I've got some 3mm coming. The way I'm going to try it out is weight for weight. Heaviest VC SS tip/cap equivalent weight in bearings. To keep the convection bias I'll load them in first. It's only going to be 5 or 6 but worth a try.
Smaller bearings and more of them would be better and again it opens up another avenue for tailoring hits.

Texus I put the prototype together in July and it's got very exciting, very quickly.
It went from a butane vape to IH to log way too fast for me:lol:

@endof3d I'd got so used to the peace and quiet an IH offers there was no way there wasn't going to be one for the TA.

@gooby apologies for all the wood, there will be all metal 8mm ones coming next year.

It all kicks off tomorrow 9am @VGOODIEZ which is 2pm Phattpiggie time.

thermalaccumulator@gmail.com

Very excited and nervous at the same time.

Thanks man ! Do I just email you an order at that time?

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
E-meow sent @phattpiggie ! Cant wait ot get my hands on one of those !
Since induction is a ""skin effect"" ,i doubt that it will heat the metal balls inside ,because the initial layer of TI would act as a filter for the waves ,but i might be just very confused,and the induction effect on the balls would be a little reduced at best.

Top Bottom