Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Grass Yes cordless is the way forward. It's so funny seeing the same ideas being used by others. The first cordless I did, over 4 years ago now, was a Homegrown Log core. All SS and held the heat well. I could walk up and down the garden with that one.
Swappable sleeves this February and was my proof of concept for a 25mm wide bowl on a log.
I'll allow for a bit more thermal mass when I do the drawings for this core. I can add an extra 25-30% with very little weight gain.

Medivapequeen

Colour me very interested especially with the log. I'm pretty new to this style of vaping. Is the log a kind of IH and is it portable? I've been looking for a heavy hitting portable to go with my ball vapes and this looks great. UK too! I have a dyna vong and ufo IH at the moment so would I need anything else? I've just had a nosey on his insta it looks very interesting.

Texus

@vapeape77 no idea I only got it working this afternoon.

@Grass Yes and @coolbreeze how about now does it appeal a little more?
So my concern with cordless and the temp drops that come with no juice plugged in would be repeatability with hits.

IH w/timer gives us repeatability all day tho. But with torch and unplugged log I think I'd missed the click that DV and Anvil give you as a point of comparison. Tho from what I can tell from the design and my limited physics capabilities, it does seem to be a forgiving design.

Just thinking out loud here.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
So my concern with cordless and the temp drops that come with no juice plugged in would be repeatability with hits.
With my CL I love taking it cordless to hit on glass. Nice to not manage the wires. The large thermal mass keeps it hot for a few minutes; more than enough time to finish a bowl. My UDs don't retain heat at all when unplugged.

I suspect that Phatpiggie's logs are similar to the CL.

Texus

With my CL I love taking it cordless to hit on glass. Nice to not manage the wires. The large thermal mass keeps it hot for a few minutes; more than enough time to finish a bowl. My UDs don't retain heat at all when unplugged.

I suspect that Phatpiggie's logs are similar to the CL.
Good to know. And really liking the overall versatility we are seeing here!

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
So, outta curiosity, the ta can be a session style vape if I wanted right? That's one thing I dislike about the anvil is the inability to do more than a hit without risking combustion.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

So, outta curiosity, the ta can be a session style vape if I wanted right? That's one thing I dislike about the anvil is the inability to do more than a hit without risking combustion.
I believe PhatPiggie's starting point with this project was to replicate the toking experience that especially converted ex joint smokers often miss while transitioning into vapors (and after). It's also the thing that stood out to me in the first videos I saw and where my initial interest came from.

Last edited:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

...which is exactly what I'm looking for. :spliff:
I am really holding my breath for this. Which translates into= I'm not buying an Anvil until this drops :drool:
Yeah I get that as they seem to be two very different vapes. Anvil shines for one hit extraction, which is not at all like toking. So TA should be right up your alley :)

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

200.gif

Top Bottom