Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Is the therman accumulator a heavier beast than the tempest? I'm kinda dissapoounted with the heat retention in the tempest to be honest.
The short answer is yes, the TA3 has a heat matrix that is 40% larger than the Tempest (70x3mm vs 40x3mm) and there is more metal in the head of the TA's and around the bowl making for a really good hybrid experience. The bowl is larger and the TA3 (which is the one I have at the moment) is capable of a really impressive extraction of the whole bowl & maybe more.

Was following this thread a few weeks ago. Now I see the TA is back in stock. Got a few questions. I only own a Dynavap Omni for butane powered. From what I can tell this stem won’t be recommended for TA as it is a metal stem. What can y’all recommend for a relatively cheap (50-75$ USD) but good option to pair with the TA?

Also would a woodwynd stem work with the TA? Reason I’m asking is Dynavap has a heck of a deal on the wand and woodwynd. So thought that might be an interesting option since I have wanted a wand for my Omni. My understanding the wand may work for TA if you don’t mind waiting a minute plus or is it still stick to the torch?

Lastly, what is the size of the bowl? Is it adjustable?

Partialgenious,

sedentree

Was following this thread a few weeks ago. Now I see the TA is back in stock. Got a few questions. I only own a Dynavap Omni for butane powered. From what I can tell this stem won’t be recommended for TA as it is a metal stem. What can y’all recommend for a relatively cheap (50-75$ USD) but good option to pair with the TA?

Also would a woodwynd stem work with the TA? Reason I’m asking is Dynavap has a heck of a deal on the wand and woodwynd. So thought that might be an interesting option since I have wanted a wand for my Omni. My understanding the wand may work for TA if you don’t mind waiting a minute plus or is it still stick to the torch?

The bowl is adjustable 👍
Personally, I use the Wand almost exclusively with my TA3 ✌️

coolbreeze

If you go with a Dynavap stem, you'd be best off with a thick glass one with dimples, like one from Good Vibes Boro, or maybe a Vaphit cooling stem even. Otherwise, steel-lined wood, like a Simrell or Dovetail Woodworks stems are best. A thicker, unlined wooden one should work too.
Also would a woodwynd stem work with the TA?
Probably too thin.
Reason I’m asking is Dynavap has a heck of a deal on the wand and woodwynd. So thought that might be an interesting option since I have wanted a wand for my Omni. My understanding the wand may work for TA if you don’t mind waiting a minute plus or is it still stick to the torch?
Haven't tried the wand, but a Firefox or Big Buddy (or Camouflet Inductor) will work great.
Adjustable, not huge but a good size for the purpose. With the TA on a stem for direct use you will get several full hits per heating.

Zombietaz

Need some advice - just got my dovetail stem, but the TA3 is way too loose in it and just slides out with gravity. How do I fix this? I'm assuming I may need different or additional orings, does anyone have any recommendations and links? Thank you!

Zombietaz,

sedentree

Need some advice - just got my dovetail stem, but the TA3 is way too loose in it and just slides out with gravity. How do I fix this? I'm assuming I may need different or additional orings, does anyone have any recommendations and links? Thank you!

It should have come with black and grey orings, the black are standard size and grey oversized so if you did get them with your TA you could try the grey ones?

sedentree

I ended up cleaning my TA3 earlier and in the process I dislodged the bowl screen and variabowl ring. It got me thinking, what are people’s preferences or opinions on microdosing with the TA, specifically if you do or were to microdose, would you set your bowl such that the material is closer to the top of the bowl or closer to the bottom of the bowl?

jespar45

My Dovetail stem is very slightly loose. After first putting stem on I push in TA a couple of times and it's stays in pretty good unless I pull on it. I'll just push in TA again and it's good after.

Zagala

I ended up cleaning my TA3 earlier and in the process I dislodged the bowl screen and variabowl ring. It got me thinking, what are people’s preferences or opinions on microdosing with the TA, specifically if you do or were to microdose, would you set your bowl such that the material is closer to the top of the bowl or closer to the bottom of the bowl?
I personally don’t remember using my TA3 with full bowl (seriously!). Once I tried placing the screen on the ring right at the level of the bottom thread I have never felt a need to change the set up. Even the resulting limited load capacity provides either a few 3-4 hits with a stem and 1-2 hits with glass and water. I really like it and will keep it this way. If I want larger loads I have other well suited devices. But I have a TA2 in the mail and may try a bigger bowl with it. This is my first time using a TA, I really enjoy it, I like how easy it is to learn/use, its versatility and the limited likelihood of combusting - I have not in over three weeks of use now. And you can use it in so many different ways. Last but not least the TA is more than reasonably priced for its quality and performance.

Be careful with using loose stems. I would probably just get new O rings. It's not worth the worry or risk that the very hot heater filled with molten balls is gonna fall off.

My glass hula stem is like this so I don't use but the Vaphit DNA stem is a perfect fit

Sativapo

I had it to the maximum bowl with the spacing ring which was about perfect size for me. But I decided to go full bowl because I like to clean it easily in 5 minutes. Removing some reclaim with hemp or cotton while still warm, Burning the screen with a torch and wiping inside the tip with an iso tissue and a stick. I find it's a pita to remove the ring to clean underneath when I do that. Did anyone find an easy way to remove the ring without iso soaking before ?

Zombietaz

It should have come with black and grey orings, the black are standard size and grey oversized so if you did get them with your TA you could try the grey ones?
I'm not sure mine did, or if they did I seem to have misplaced them 🤦
Anyone know the size or where to get a thicker set?

Edit: picked it up from vgoodiez alongside the magsink as both are back in stock. Crisis (hopefully) averted!

Last edited:

Smknbud

The larger o-rings are needed from PP. I already learned that lesson. I got mine from VG.

Edit: Never mind....

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Just received my stem in cocobolo burl wood from Dovetail Woodworks:

It has a spinning mouthpiece, it’s bigger than I thought (97mm, love the size) and the TA3 fits well (I use the grey o-rings). So far, I've been using the TA3 with the Revolve 2 with a wooden sleeve and was very satisfied with it. However, I like the new stem even a bit better because its larger size complements the TA3 well, it feels great in the hands, and especially because it hardly gets warm. Definitely recommended for the price.

btka

It has a spinning mouthpiece, it’s bigger than I thought (97mm, love the size) and the TA3 fits well (I use the grey o-rings). So far, I've been using the TA3 with the Revolve 2 with a wooden sleeve and was very satisfied with it. However, I like the new stem even a bit better because its larger size complements the TA3 well, it feels great in the hands, and especially because it hardly gets warm. Definitely recommended for the price.
Is the vapor hot with such a stem? Is it glass lined?

gosta

Is there anywhere in Europe selling the TA? I can only find them on VGoodiez, but I think they're made in the UK?

gosta,

nicknobody

Beautiful choice. So beautiful that I had to get one for myself :haw::brow:

I’m holding out for the ta4 tho. I can’t wait :bang:

Pcloudy

I think Im getting my TA1 dialed in on my wand. I have it set to 580, flip the wand upside down so the TA rests on the ledge, and let it go until it times out.
In hindsight I would have liked to get the TA2 and just removed the heat adjuster and left the screw in the middle. That would probably be great airflow and the ability to use the heat sink.

Last edited:
Top Bottom