• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie vs Anvil by Vestratto

RedZep

@Momor

I use a small pocket size quad torch and get sub 30 second heat ups for a full extraction on the TA. That’s using flower.

Only downside is the quad torch has about 4-5 bowls worth before a refuel is needed.

Best compromise funnily enough is the Firefox that Anvil users enjoy. Same heat up with much more longevity

Although, if you’re buying a TA and hoping for it to be better than an Anvil at Anvil stuff.. I can already tell you it’ll be a disappointment

The main selling points compared to Anvil is the modularity in regards to rebuilding the heater and airflow (which you’ve already dashed as hassle in your quote to me) and the true convection bias.

If neither of those interest you I’d say stick with your anvil and save your money for something more in line with your preferences.

Not all vapes speak to all people, it’s a game of personal taste and finding vapes that match up with said taste
I like the spirit of this. There really is no better vape between these two. They are so well executed.

Owners of both/either are doing a great job in this thread of highlighting the subtle differences to help buyers.

Comfortably Numb

@Momor

I use a small pocket size quad torch and get sub 30 second heat ups for a full extraction on the TA. That’s using flower.

Only downside is the quad torch has about 4-5 bowls worth before a refuel is needed.

Best compromise funnily enough is the Firefox that Anvil users enjoy. Same heat up with much more longevity

Although, if you’re buying a TA and hoping for it to be better than an Anvil at Anvil stuff.. I can already tell you it’ll be a disappointment

The main selling points compared to Anvil is the modularity in regards to rebuilding the heater and airflow (which you’ve already dashed as hassle in your quote to me) and the true convection bias.

If neither of those interest you I’d say stick with your anvil and save your money for something more in line with your preferences.

Not all vapes speak to all people, it’s a game of personal taste and finding vapes that match up with said taste
I have to agree with you....I use Anvil exclusively and have been a little disappointed in the TA...I dont get the multiple puffs all the videos show and I actually get far better results using the Anvil like a joint experience...I tend to go thru a bowl quickly with the TA...

Momor

I never saw someone use Anvil like in that video
I do sometimes and that heat retention was also one of the selling point of the Anvil : emulate blunt like experience. It was something people were very interested in but maybe not anymore.

youre passionate about Anvil and want to make sure people see it as you see it
It's more that I'm tempted to grab a TA and want to be certain people see it as it really is so I'll make no mistake 😅

A little stuck on this aspect too
Screen cleanliness, packing and type of grind are also variables you can control in the Anvil to vary airflow, right ? With this you add the airflow valve setting so even more control right ?

can still attach a tip to aftermarket stems to control airflow that way
Aftermarket stems will not allow you to adjust airflow per se. The hole in those stems act more like a carb hole. The air entering the stem doesn't pass through the bowl but only dilute vapor with fresh air. Hope that make sense.

I use a small pocket size quad torch and get sub 30 second heat ups for a full extraction on the TA
Perfect. Could you just tell me what model you have ?

Good to know. Thanks.

Actually I want it to be different from the Anvil
The main selling points compared to Anvil is the modularity in regards to rebuilding the heater and airflow (which you’ve already dashed as hassle in your quote to me) and the true convection bias
Now I get it. As SS said, the majority of people will probably be very happy with their TA as is but this ability to fine tune it if you want is in fact really a good thing too.

You're totally right

Thanks for the replies/debate everyone.
I'm gonna refrain to make comments on the TA until I use one 😉[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Comfortably Numb

I go thru periods where I use the Anvil thru glass only and periods where I smoke like a joint...I have gone 2 days now only smoking like a joint and it works well...I do 2 heat ups with XL bowl....never full or packed....get around 8-10 draws at most...I do remove bowl after first heat up for quick cool down before 2nd reheat.
I know several guys wanted bigger bowls....I wish the Anvil had a little bigger battery....just a little !

My_50p_worth

@Momor

That’s the one I bought, it’s got a metal chassis and a flip top lip to protect the jets from pocket lint. I’m very happy with the quality for the relatively small price I paid for it

If you want it to be different than the Anvil you’ll definitely enjoy it. It’s a great complementary convection device to a conduction “one hitter” for sure

flyin911

Use, Misuse, and Abuse!
I missed the first run of TA’s and I’m wanting to know when more of the plain units to stick on a Dynavap will be available???

flyin911,

gotbadvas

I still want an anvil after getting my TA. I already wanted the anvil before and it was too expensive for me. I think the USA kit is how I will end up going but I am waiting a little while. I would like to get a nice induction heater that will work with all my vapes. The anvil with some wear and tear repair items could last a lifetime and seems very durable. I guess my dynavap is the same way but I like the design of the anvil.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Wasn’t a fan of the Anvil when I owned one of them, was one of the biggest vaporizer letdowns for me with how it was advertised vs reality of using it especially for the cost.

You definitely can’t use the anvil more than an inhale or two, nor can you pass it around to even one other person unless you are handing it off like a baton at a track meet.

Can’t comment on the TA yet but the price + better heat retention + a creator who doesn’t bs a lot wins in my book

gotbadvas

I actually think I may have already changed my mind on getting an anvil. I was no longer getting full performance from my TA due to an issue with the screen. Although it doesn't look dirty I guess it was having a terrible impact on performance. I also think when I pushed it back in I didn't let the screen bottom out completely this time. Now airflow is much better.

Another thing was flavor was suffering because some hash made it's way past the screen into the glass balls. I did a higher temp heat up while empty and was able to shake some black pepper flakes out of the heater. Now it tastes great again.

After this I decided to try it on some water. Looks funny on the little grav wedge but I like it. I did three back to back 1 hit bowls holy shit this thing rips!

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Wasn’t a fan of the Anvil when I owned one of them, was one of the biggest vaporizer letdowns for me with how it was advertised vs reality of using it especially for the cost.

You definitely can’t use the anvil more than an inhale or two, nor can you pass it around to even one other person unless you are handing it off like a baton at a track meet.

Can’t comment on the TA yet but the price + better heat retention + a creator who doesn’t bs a lot wins in my book
I don’t agree with this at all, not trying to discount your experience but I get many puffs off one heat up. Enough for me to heat up, puff, pass to a friend, they puff, and then pass to another friend who gets a puff. This is especially true with the XL bowl. I can sit back after a heatup and puff on it for a good while like I’m smoking a tobacco pipe. This is all using the Vapman torch, if I’m going for instant bowl killage I use a bigger torch and get the super fast extraction.
For me, the Anvil has worked exactly like it was advertised, and even gone beyond what my expectations were.

Last edited:

Ralph

I don’t agree with this at all, not trying to discount your experience but I get many puffs off one heat up. Enough for me to heat up, puff, pass to a friend, they puff, and then pass to another friend who gets a puff. This is especially true with the XL bowl. I can sit back after a heatup and puff on it for a good while like I’m smoking a tobacco pipe. This is all using the Vapman torch, if I’m going for instant bowl killage I use a bigger torch and get the super fast extraction.
For me, the Anvil has worked exactly like it was advertised, and even gone beyond what my expectations were.

I totally agree!!!!!!

Ralph,
Reactions: Knewt

Comfortably Numb

I really am so surprised to hear someone say they dont like the Anvil....I am a old man...not great lungs...I can vape it like smoking a joint easily...if going thru water I can back to back to back bowls quickly...I use it outdoors...its so simple to use...so well designed with quality materials
I will keep saying it....its my desktop at home and my portable when outside....I dont RTL much...and I dont try to finish bowls in one hit...when you heat it towards the very top you can get great flavor...
I also dont think the price is out of line when compared to what others are paying for other vapes....I own 2 Anvils and thinking about purchasing the WPA and the stem adapter also....that will give me 3 ovens and I will be tickled pink
The Anvil has cured my VAS...I did pick up a TA but dont really use it....

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Aye man that is great, I’m all for ppl enjoying their devices, didn’t live up to the price tag for me

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I like the Anvil fine. I think the second hit is a big downgrade from the first. I don't find it easy to puff on. It has its strengths, but that's not one.
Goes to show how there will never be a right or wrong answer when it comes to vaporists and their preferences.

I actually find that to be a strong suit of the Anvil, open draw but just restricted enough so it feels like you’re pulling in something, and with enough heat to get a good 6-8 puffs in one heat cycle. To be fair I don’t usually use the stock Anvil in that manner, but my USA kit on the pipe that Aezhenn made makes the experience feel like an old tobacco pipe session.

I’m really looking forward to the next TA drop to see how it stacks up in a similar scenario.
I like that I can buy just the TA itself for about $120cad which is a good deal cheaper then the $210cad USA kit but I think the price of the Anvil is justified when it comes to how well everything has been machined and engineered, and how well it’s been functioning.
The TA is a very simple, less engineered but equally as effective device so it stands to reason why it it’s a good deal cheaper.

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Wow, you must be doing something right. My Anvil can get 2 maybe 3 decent hits off one heat cycle. I do prefer a long draw, which the Anvil tolerates. But nearly all the vapor is gone on the first hit no matter where I heat it.
This is what I’m doing, I don’t think it’s any special technique.
This is with the XL bowl and only herb. I ran out of steam before I ran out of heat and I know from doing bowls with hash or concentrates that I will get a bit of a longer session.
Though my Vapman torch was being finicky so I used the ol trusty propane torch.
This was not an RTL hit either, not coffee black but a good even brown and a subsequent hit didn’t yield anything.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I think this answers a lot of my questions about people who love the Anvil. Like you said, lots of puffs. I just don't love those MTL hits. I hope that doesn't mean the TA won't be for me. We'll see.

Anyway thanks!
I puff the smoke out of the side like that mostly as a force of habit because I like to see the vapour, but when I’m hauling on it it’s straight down the hatch, I can see why it looks like MTL though.

And yeah, no problem!

Edit: in piggies videos of the TA it mostly seems like he does MTL, but that’s probably his preferred style and not the only way you can hit it

Top Bottom