Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie vs Anvil by Vestratto

mixchu69

I cannot give any comparisons but decided to purchase the Anvil WPA after missing the TA sale on vGoodiez. I am so happy that I did. I wanted some more conduction (have too many convection vapes). This is what I always wanted the dynavaps to be.

But will still purchase the TA when available in the spring of ‘23.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm just saying, it's kind of funny these two are even compared when so many insisted a few months ago that the anvil was a "ball vape killer."

FWIW I don't see how any of these blow torch vapes have anything in common at all with a joint.
The amount of firepower needed just to even get one started is worlds away from a doobie.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

FWIW I don't see how any of these blow torch vapes have anything in common at all with a joint.
I think it's more the experience people are referring to than the amount of energy needed to heat it up. I think in vaping terms it mimics the experience very well, but if you're gonna do a one on one comparison.., yeah

ConvectCode1

Incorrect, you can take many puffs off of the TA with herbs, or load enough using low enough temp that you need a reheat cycle...

Yeah more people posted more info haha for what it's worth I don't like to use torch vapes and I love the thermal accumulator, really nice without any click, and quite easy to use consistently. I was considering the anvil briefly before confirming I only wanted the TA so I don't think they are so similar based on my perceptions (anvil more of a turn off)
Anvil = yuck.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I think it's more the experience people are referring to than the amount of energy needed to heat it up. I think in vaping terms it mimics the experience very well, but if you're gonna do a one on one comparison.., yeah

I mean it almost seems closer to taking a dab than smoking a joint to me - charging a vapor surface with a big torch to input a bunch of heat energy to then be transferred to the material of choice.

The Anvil was one of my favorite vapes I tried this year by far, but IMHO I just don't think the heat retention of any butane vape (some old dude will come in and remind me of an iolite :lol: ) is realistically anywhere close to the fat doobies that burn for many rotations out here in Cali. :spliff:

Doesn't mean it's not an awesome vaping experience though of course! The only reason I even mention it, is that perhaps it might inspire someone to come up with something that could bridge that gap.

:leaf:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

is realistically anywhere close to the fat doobies that burn for many rotations out here in Cali. :spliff:
Yeah here in Netherlands we roll with tobacco which makes a slow experience because it will die down when not toking. So the reheating is another similarity for me. And I used to smoke hash most of my combustion career, slim j's, relaxed session.

It's funny because I absolutely want to try the TA, but I have never loved smoking a joint. It was fine but not as nice as any high quality DHV.

I do sometimes miss smoking tobacco though. 😱
Yeah I converted to vaping after my first sip of that Solo. Quit cigarettes as well, but picked that up again many times. Most of the time I started again was when I was drinking beer (and another drugthat goes insanely well with cigarettes, iykyk). Been off it for over 4 years now which is the longest I've made it. Not doing any significant alcohol and no uppers is helping. But yeah I can be walking behind a guy that's smoking and be hit with this yearning.

rollerskater

The amount of firepower needed just to even get one started is worlds away from a doobie.
yea from a mechanics and usage (and north american, considering @Abele Rizieri Ferrari's post that came through while i was writing this one)
perspective these are hitters you can incidentally toke on afaic. i really like both anvil and thermal accumulator, so not a knock on them, but what partially* makes a joint a joint is that you have a big tube of weed and it all gets cooked behind the cherry; the small bowls in these vapes just cant compare. theyre ok substitutes thanks to the heat capacity letting you puff a few times, but in the end it just aint the same. ive thought more than twice that the most "jointlike" vapes seem to tend to be the furthest away from the joint form factor, which is kinda funny

* i mean, in addition to them being versatile in preparation, disposable/consumable, etc...

RedZep

This is uncool. Both the members quoted have a long history on this site across diverse device threads. I am surprised to see this kind of message on a pretty reasonable thread up until now.
My apologies then. My impression was it was a new user with an inflammatory and immature statement intended to simply cause anger.

RedZep,
Reactions: Old_muel

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I mean it almost seems closer to taking a dab than smoking a joint to me - charging a vapor surface with a big torch to input a bunch of heat energy to then be transferred to the material of choice.

The Anvil was one of my favorite vapes I tried this year by far, but IMHO I just don't think the heat retention of any butane vape (some old dude will come in and remind me of an iolite :lol: ) is realistically anywhere close to the fat doobies that burn for many rotations out here in Cali. :spliff:

Doesn't mean it's not an awesome vaping experience though of course! The only reason I even mention it, is that perhaps it might inspire someone to come up with something that could bridge that gap.

:leaf:

Yeah of course it's not really like a joint, but the ritual of hitting it, the way it can work well with mouth to lung, taking puffs, the way you would take puffs on a joint... Of course the joint is loaded with a whole tube of weed, and it is burning the end pulling heat to create more smoke and some vapor into the rest, so the TA was designed to work this way pulling the heat from the load of hot balls to create the hot air to then puff in the vapor, using lungs or mouth, and it's possible to heat it up once to get full extraction even for several puffs without any reheat, it is a pretty versatile design... So yeah it can also do those quick one hitters through water, and everything in between, yep it basically is a small metal shelled ball vape honestly :tup:

Any reasoning for this?

Not that it matters so much, but there's still that sour taste in my mouth from the anvil launch with planet haze (fka vape) so I have mixed feelings about the manufacturer personally, but also I do not like how it looks at all and it seemed far less versatile to me

Last edited:

RedZep

Yeah of course it's not really like a joint, but the ritual of hitting it, the way it can work well with mouth to lung, taking puffs, the way you would take puffs on a joint... Of course the joint is loaded with a whole tube of weed, and it is burning the end pulling heat to create more smoke and some vapor into the rest, so the TA was designed to work this way pulling the heat from the load of hot balls to create the hot air to then puff in the vapor, using lungs or mouth, and it's possible to heat it up once to get full extraction even for several puffs without any reheat, it is a pretty versatile design... So yeah it can also do those quick one hitters through water, and everything in between, yep it basically is a small metal shelled ball vape honestly :tup:

Not that it matters so much, but there's still that sour taste in my mouth from the anvil launch with planet haze (fka vape) so I have mixed feelings about the manufacturer personally, but also I do not like how it looks at all and it seemed far less versatile to me
I dream of a vape with TA's profile, which can be loaded with 1-2g of flower, and toked slowly like a joint. I keep trying to imagine how it would work. Would need a mechanism to slide the next small amount into the heater for extraction in a seemless way.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I dream of a vape with TA's profile, which can be loaded with 1-2g of flower, and toked slowly like a joint. I keep trying to imagine how it would work. Would need a mechanism to slide the next small amount into the heater for extraction in a seemless way.

That would be kind of like the first portable ball vape I made 4 years ago - an Arizer Air stem with the bowl filled with sapphires and capped off with an SS screen;, and the entire stem chamber filled with ground herb :cool:

Used to have some photos on my old phone. The glass body helped a lot to keep it convection focused.

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
I think the Okin was reasonably close to what you described, though that's about are rare as it gets unless Dan does another run.

Shit Snacks

That is one of the things I hate about joints haha I have absolutely no desire to do that with a vape... What would be good, is disposable herbal vaporizer joints that were somehow also good for the environment?!?

I think the Okin was reasonably close to what you described, though that's about are rare as it gets unless Dan does another run.

Not quite, the chamber wasn't like that, it's own special ritual... Dan retired it a while ago to focus on his electric vapes though

RedZep

That is one of the things I hate about joints haha I have absolutely no desire to do that with a vape... What would be good, is disposable herbal vaporizer joints that were somehow also good for the environment?!?

Not quite, the chamber wasn't like that, it's own special ritual... Dan retired it a while ago to focus on his electric vapes though
Well in my imagination you wouldn't have to vape it all at once. You could stop when you were satisfied.

I think this vape design in my head is powered by magic and bullshit, as opposed to actual technical knowledge. If anyone is interested in backing me let me know.

Shit Snacks

Well in my imagination you wouldn't have to vape it all at once. You could stop when you were satisfied.

I think this vape design in my head is powered by magic and bullshit, as opposed to actual technical knowledge. If anyone is interested in backing me let me know.

Haha yeah but then coming back to it, wouldn't be as good as coming back to a fresh bowl, this is the classic, why I'd rather do back to back bowls than one big one? Yeah I feel like some sort of disposable e vapor joint with little herb pods all environmentally friendly is a holy grail

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

There was a company that made a vaporizer that heated up some sort of proprietary prefilled joints.
Sort of like a smaller version of Alan's paper stem would be the closest approximation I can think of.

I can't recall the name though.

Anvil is like... "hey dude, listen you're gonna get some dense, thick vapor like a powerful desktop, i will just take a lot of flavour..."

Well to be fair IMHO even super pure convection vapes don't really taste good at high temps.
Sometimes I think they can even taste worse, as I find the super purity reveals those tainted roasted flavors even more.

RedZep

I tend to do two heat cycles with Anvil. I start half way down first. Would any vape produce good flavour by completely extracting at high temp instantly?

I get good flavour for the first cycle, in a J-hook, sans the twisty cooling thing which just steals flavour imo.

The conduction will be a factor as well for sure. I'm sure TA tastes better.

Top Bottom