The WOODEN Vaporizer Thread

coolbreeze

updated group shot

all-wood-small.jpg

YLL Angus, Underdog Log (Custom FYT/SC3+), Underdog Log (Smash Oak/SC2), Underdog Log (Gnarly Dog/SC3), Sticky Brick Junior (SE), RBT Milaana 1.5 (Maple/Purpleheart cap), RBT Milaana 2 (Sapele/ Wenge cap)

MFLB (Jeweled Maple) w/finishing grinder, Vapman Classic (Olive Wood, Italian), Vapman Classic OG (Walnut, Swiss), Vapman Pure (Kotibé, Fungi Special Edition, Italian), Lotus (OG) w/OG stem, Lotus (Amaranth Wood), Lotus (Olive Wood), Dynavap NonaVong
I've had wooden pipes, dugouts, cases, tools, bowls, etc all along as part of my life with weed, but this may be one of my favorite aspects of vape collecting: the wood and glass. As objects they're gorgeous and help keep the act human-feeling, they tend to become loved tools. They also provide a canvas or medium for expression both design/engineering-wise, but also aesthetically. Thanks for sharing!

warren0728

I've had wooden pipes, dugouts, cases, tools, bowls, etc all along as part of my life with weed, but this may be one of my favorite aspects of vape collecting: the wood and glass. As objects they're gorgeous and help keep the act human-feeling, they tend to become loved tools. They also provide a canvas or medium for expression both design/engineering-wise, but also aesthetically. Thanks for sharing!
i agree ... while i have quite a few assembly line plastic/metal vapes at least one of my wooden vapes gets used every day ... sometimes multiple wooden vapes ... the organic nature adds to the experience ...

fangorn

updated group shot

all-wood-small.jpg

YLL Angus, Underdog Log (Custom FYT/SC3+), Underdog Log (Smash Oak/SC2), Underdog Log (Gnarly Dog/SC3), Sticky Brick Junior (SE), RBT Milaana 1.5 (Maple/Purpleheart cap), RBT Milaana 2 (Sapele/ Wenge cap)

MFLB (Jeweled Maple) w/finishing grinder, Vapman Classic (Olive Wood, Italian), Vapman Classic OG (Walnut, Swiss), Vapman Pure (Kotibé, Fungi Special Edition, Italian), Lotus (OG) w/OG stem, Lotus (Amaranth Wood), Lotus (Olive Wood), Dynavap NonaVong

wow... very nice collection, very nice photo!

fangorn

thanks! not a huge collection compared to some folks around here but covers a lot of bases!
I'm holding back from starting to buy plug-in vaporizers, but your logs are beautiful...
and I love your milaana 2!

and it's not the quantity that matters (in my eyes), but the quality... and then you're good!

I'm waiting for the centerpiece of my collection, but I can't wait to come and post a photo of my updated collection! I reduced the quantity... but I increased the quality 😁

coolbreeze

Here's my 2023 Wooden Vape retrospective. Purchases were a bit off the hook, but each of these is amazing and a keeper! Top row: High-temp Lotus from Vapefiend stash; Olive, Purpleheart and Padauk Lotii; Dreamwood Rosewood Roasty; Dreamwood Switch; Dreamwood Punch; Middle row: OWW Bong Sook Shin; Dreamwoods DLX One, DLX Pro, DLX Pro, CouchLog Steamwhistle; Dreamwood DLX Goblin; Dynavap WoodWynd; OWW Infinity Flux Capacitor; Kalu Infinity. Bottom row: Vappleman; Doug's Cosmo. I also got a Retrosteam Diamond Combi-Pipe, a CDXX Pipes Lotus pipe/rig, and a J-hook pipe from Kalu, all three wooden j-hook/vapor pipes.
IMG-6514.jpg

I wish you all the wood you can handle in '24! ; )

warren0728

Here's my 2023 Wooden Vape retrospective. Purchases were a bit off the hook, but each of these is amazing and a keeper! Top row: High-temp Lotus from Vapefiend stash; Olive, Purpleheart and Padauk Lotii; Dreamwood Rosewood Roasty; Dreamwood Switch; Dreamwood Punch; Middle row: OWW Bong Sook Shin; Dreamwoods DLX One, DLX Pro, DLX Pro, CouchLog Steamwhistle; Dreamwood DLX Goblin; Dynavap WoodWynd; OWW Infinity Flux Capacitor; Kalu Infinity. Bottom row: Vappleman; Doug's Cosmo. I also got a Retrosteam Diamond Combi-Pipe, a CDXX Pipes Lotus pipe/rig, and a J-hook pipe from Kalu, all three wooden j-hook/vapor pipes.
IMG-6514.jpg

really nice collection! what type of stem is on the vapman?

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
IMG-6514.jpg

Man, ive seen so many pics of individual vapes. This collection is incredible

mixchu69

IMG-6514.jpg

Next we want to see all your beautiful glass pieces in the Heady Appreciation thread

coolbreeze

really nice collection! what type of stem is on the vapman?
Thank you! That is a recent one--kingwood, iirc--from @RogueGuy. I'ts really nice, it's o-ringed in. Wonder if it'll still work with the Vapman2?

Next we want to see all your beautiful glass pieces in the Heady Appreciation thread
I second this motion!
Hoo Boy. Ok, that one's kind of...excessive. :uhoh: It's been a good year! :p

Let me work on that one. I owe @Cheebsy a tour/review/visual explanation of the amazing mystery reycyclers I was fortunate enough to luck into...

Last edited:

mixchu69

Ok. Had the lotus on my mind since the Black Friday blue edition. After seeing @coolbreeze collection on the wooden vaporizer thread, was inspired to purchase the Christmas gold package and threw in an extra olive cap (helped me avoid delivery fees and have an extra cap with different wood).

I’m a huge fan of the vapman lighter. Is that what everyone is still using or are there better lighters for the lotus out there (threw one more vapman lighter in my order)

Edit: sorry, thought I was in lotus thread

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Ok. Had the lotus on my mind since the Black Friday blue edition. After seeing @coolbreeze collection on the wooden vaporizer thread, was inspired to purchase the Christmas gold package and threw in an extra olive cap (helped me avoid delivery fees and have an extra cap with different wood).

I’m a huge fan of the vapman lighter. Is that what everyone is still using or are there better lighters for the lotus out there (threw one more vapman lighter in my order)
Congrats on your Lotuses! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. The Vapman torch is great with it. I use an Eagle as well.
maxresdefault.jpg

hoptimum

Edit: sorry, thought I was in lotus thread
I like the blazer pb207 torch quite a bit.

warren0728

I will soon receive a piece that will need to be refurbished so I anticipated and took care of all my other wooden pieces... Just to free up my workshop!
I love this activity... I feel like John Dorie with his revolvers in Fear the Walking Dead... I could spend hours there 🤣.
Anyway, I took the opportunity to take a group photo!

really nice … how much do you use the morwoods?

fangorn

really nice … how much do you use the morwoods?
Well... every day, several times a day for 19 months for my Toad... he accounted for 95% of my usage.

And the Nomad 1 has just arrived so it stole the place... especially since I installed another heater that I really like to discover!

But I still use the Toad several times a day too! its shape is more ergonomic, which I could not take advantage of because I could not compare.

We must be 65/35 in favor of the Nomad.

Honestly, without exaggerating, I am grateful every time I use one or the other. It's crazy after 19 months, right?! I have never felt anything like this!!

Since we're on the wood thread... well I can say that I like the body of the Nomad 1 much more without the sleeve. The organic feeling is amazing, it's so soft...
The sleeve is the icing on the cake.
It's a real shame that no solution was found at the time to take advantage of the optional sleeve or wood... like a half sleeve!

Lotus is also used once or twice a day or every other day.

And the Vapman... ahah... I'm waiting for the station!
For the moment it is only used on weekends...

Yesterday...during my kids' nap time, I took out my hash walnut (my god it was good). well, hearing my lighter, my son told me “dad, you have to go to sleep” 🤣
I will soon no longer have this problem!

coolbreeze

Doug's Woodery has posted another round of $100 top shelf Novas. Gorgeous bricks:
B4BF652E-1FF6-4F84-BE78-CB6821FADEFA_540x.jpg

XpeeN

Doug's Woodery has posted another round of $100 top shelf Novas. Gorgeous bricks:
B4BF652E-1FF6-4F84-BE78-CB6821FADEFA_540x.jpg
These Novas are gorgeous, especially #6. #5, #3 and #7 not too far behind imo

Top Bottom