Discontinued The Venus Apollo

vapognak

Wow 229 € https://venusvaporizers.com/collections/vaporizer/products/venus-apollo
If anyone hesitates, you should not and get it now!

It became my daily driver over time, I love this unit so much.

XR3IkVY.jpg

verdamper

Salut everebody!
J'ai fait une commande pour cette semaine pour un appolo 2 avec des accessoires et je voudrais être sûr que la chambre blindee de la protection etc sont inclus avec cette version. Je l'espere en tout cas.
Ville doit être très occupé je n'ai pas eu de réponse à mes mails pour le moment.
Impatient de pouvoir tester la bête.
Bonne vape a tous

Salut Everebody
I maked an order for n appolo 2 with accessories et i wanted to be sure that the heat shield protection etc is present with this version.i hope so.
Ville must be busyhave no anwser to my mail for the moment.
Good vape

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Ville for tracking code and calling today

This Vapo is awesome!

No plastic parts close to the heat source. Chamber are made steel and steam pass through the glass tube. Steam is not included nothing extras.

I used it before Vapir oxygen-mini-vaporizer. Where for example there was a plastic near the heat source.

Hopefully I get lighter chamber and cooler unit before the weekend.

Poostuff

Please delete
I finally ordered one of these, been wanting one since the first pics of the prototypes were posted here.

I already bought a bunch of vapes this year after a sudden onset of VAS & decided it would be nice to Finnish off with the Apollo.

I’m pretty patient but it had been 10 days since I ordered with express shipping & I hadn’t heard anything, so I emailed with some questions & all of a sudden I get shipping confirmation.

That’s a bit rough, I mean I like to support smaller manufacturers when I can but some really screw you around.

It wasn’t cheap, & unfortunately I missed the Black Friday sale but it looks like an interesting design & cheap halogen vapes aren’t really a thing yet.
Bit disappointed with the shipping delay & communication but I’m keen to try this when it eventually arrives.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I finally ordered one of these, been wanting one since the first pics of the prototypes were posted here.

I already bought a bunch of vapes this year after a sudden onset of VAS & decided it would be nice to Finnish off with the Apollo.

I’m pretty patient but it had been 10 days since I ordered with express shipping & I hadn’t heard anything, so I emailed with some questions & all of a sudden I get shipping confirmation.

That’s a bit rough, I mean I like to support smaller manufacturers when I can but some really screw you around.

It wasn’t cheap, & unfortunately I missed the Black Friday sale but it looks like an interesting design & cheap halogen vapes aren’t really a thing yet.
Bit disappointed with the shipping delay & communication but I’m keen to try this when it eventually arrives.
In my experience Ville isn't very responsive. Really the only reason I don't own the updated Apollo unfortunately.

It's a very cool vape though I think you'll enjoy it.

villekille2

Manufacturer
I admit it's my mistake. Mostly I see the messages, and often answer even in the middle of the night if I happen to be awake. But sometimes when I read it and cannot answer same moment, I can forget about it and it's not nice for anyone to wait for nothing. I'm sorry. I try to improve in this, as in 10 minutes two people mentioned about this!

sickmanfraud

I admit it's my mistake. Mostly I see the messages, and often answer even in the middle of the night if I happen to be awake. But sometimes when I read it and cannot answer same moment, I can forget about it and it's not nice for anyone to wait for nothing. I'm sorry. I try to improve in this, as in 10 minutes two people mentioned about this!

I sent you a private message months and months ago asking for information on upgrading my Apollo and my Venus both bought second hand. I'm still waiting for my answer.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Poostuff

Please delete
Just an update, I have now been contacted by Ville & he went into great detail to answer all of my questions & was very apologetic & explained his reasons for the delay.
I’m still looking forward to this one but I really appreciate the communication & I’m feeling much better about the purchase now.

AtomicPB

@sickmanfraud
I think @villekille2 can explain it a lot better but since I am just reading your post I will try to answer your question regarding an update of the Apollo.

I asked Ville the same question a couple of weeks ago (where he answered almost instantly), because I have the first iteration of the Apollo and was interested in the new features of the Apollo v2. Ville explained to me, that a modification/upgrade of the Apollo is more effort than just building a new one which would also make it as or even more expensive than buying a new one.

I hope, that I did not quote Ville wrong on this.

Edit: Ville advised to get the cooling unit and the new chamber, if the new heating element is not a priority. Except heat-up time and a better reaction time when boosting he considered that to be the most important change regarding comfort.

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Depends on what feature you want to upgrade. Regarding hardware there a just two pieces aside of the closed air intake

Hogni,
Reactions: AtomicPB

villekille2

Manufacturer
the main challenge was to open the top birch wood panel and the electronics is basically destroyed same time as this needed to be done to get the improved software there. And to change the specialized heating element it was also necessary to open up as the wires cannot be removed and attached without opening the top of the unit.

But yes, the most important upgrade is the new high performance chamber and the cooling unit and this fits all models, no need to even ship it back as we just sell those upgrade packages as an accessory. It improves the older units nicely with more quick vapor production, bigger clouds, easier handling of the chamber without so much risk of touching hot parts, and adjustable herb chamber volume as the original is huge for many people. And if you don't already have the older cooling unit, this will also make a very big improvement in the experience.

AtomicPB

@villekille2
Does the new cooling unit also make the draw resistance adjustable? I'd love to be able to cool the vapor and also add some draw resistance.

I am considering to buy the CU/Chamber set from you since some days and wasn't sure about the differences in the cooling units.

On the same note, is the high performance chamber the same as the one with heat shield?

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

I have both the new chambers and I may give some info

High performances is lighter in weight and works very well for one big hitter extracting 80/90% with a thick single draw (thickest ever tryied)
Shielded one takes more heat to produce vapor but shield act as handle to stir

I use the shielded chamber when I want to sip through a session (stirring is easy with the shield/handle) otherwise I prefer high perf one

High performance one is also a little fragile as it has thin walls. if you drop it, this can slightly deform the round bottom (it can be shaped round again); never had this issue with the shielded one

Last edited by a moderator:

villekille2

Manufacturer
@villekille2
Does the new cooling unit also make the draw resistance adjustable? I'd love to be able to cool the vapor and also add some draw resistance.

I am considering to buy the CU/Chamber set from you since some days and wasn't sure about the differences in the cooling units.

On the same note, is the high performance chamber the same as the one with heat shield?

Draw resistance can be adjusted By loosening the nut holding the cooling unit together, and turning the top plate. There are 3 plates on top of each other, and all have 3 holes. These holes are normally aligned for maximum airflow. But if you turn the top plate a little bit off, you can decrease the surface area, up to 50% and this will surely affect the draw resistance

I modified changing cooler steel plate order.

Now I see through one hole in chamber steam build up when all holes are in the same line.

Seems that the default cooler is too efficient for my liking. Furthermore vapor formation cannot be seen in default.

I don`t care that but new user of Apollo power control becomes more difficult when user can't see steam build.

But each of us appreciates different kind of things. I think it is first best to use Apollo without the air cooler to prevent accidental burning.

a very big advantage in cooler is ”seal” that goes straight into herb chamber. It prevents material moving from into herb chamber cover. Farther away from the heat source.

There is no need for protection herb chamber because herbal chamber lid of does not protruding. Small couple millimeter difference, but I haven`t accidentally burned myself anymore in hot chamber! This is greatest difference between the original herb chamber with lid comparison to steam cooler unit.

How long heat up period you folks use?

I have set that now 3mins 30 sec. I set boost power maximum :)
I like so much Apollo new hardware/program. So easy use.

Remember to praise Apollo for your friends! :)

Last edited:

villekille2

Manufacturer
Thanks, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the protection provided by the hp chamber.
I increased the power output of Apollo a little bit, so if anyone with experience of an older unit will order a new one, probably one notch lower power is required for comparable results.

introduced a discount code gift-fc to get a 50 euro discount.

Sonicboom1991

MY APOLLO CAME TODAY! lol I was super exited to finally get mine after instantly wanting one as soon as I saw it.Thanks again to @villekille2 for the awesome service and getting it to me in time for Christmas! I'm still learning the ropes with it but it's a lot easier than I expected. Even though I'm still figuring it out I'm super impressed with its performance. It's extracting super quick for me using the light weight bowl, where my other vapes would be just getting started this thing is finishing up the load. Anyone have any tips for a new apollo user?

Poostuff

Please delete
Wow already? Nice one.
I have shipping confirmation but no tracking.
I live in a remote city so I always pay extra for express shipping.
This time of year mail is slow so I ordered early (Dec 2) to help ensure delivery before holidays.
I’ve got a couple of days off & it would have been nice to use them getting to know this device.
I think that’s the main reason I was disappointed with the shipping delay, I guess the fact that there’s now a €50 discount for FC members doesn’t help much either. I kinda wish I’d have ordered something else for the holidays & picked up one of these next year.
Hope you enjoy using yours, I’ll be checking this thread for some feedback from you.

Sonicboom1991

@Poostuff I live 10 min or less away from the port so that helped. I would be happy to give some more in depth feedback when I get a better feel for it. So far I'm very impressed with the performance. Using the light weight bowl and the cooling unit I'm getting some nice cloudy rips with super quick even extraction. The cooling unit almost works too well, I'm taking these really big potent rips and not realizing it until it's too late.

villekille2

Manufacturer
Wow already? Nice one.
I have shipping confirmation but no tracking.
I live in a remote city so I always pay extra for express shipping.
This time of year mail is slow so I ordered early (Dec 2) to help ensure delivery before holidays.
I’ve got a couple of days off & it would have been nice to use them getting to know this device.
I think that’s the main reason I was disappointed with the shipping delay, I guess the fact that there’s now a €50 discount for FC members doesn’t help much either. I kinda wish I’d have ordered something else for the holidays & picked up one of these next year.
Hope you enjoy using yours, I’ll be checking this thread for some feedback from you.

Hi! I'm sorry you didn't get it in time. That part of the world we had never sent before anything and it's a surprise that the Express mail service takes so much time. We have now made a new deal with DHL Express so such things should not happen again as their delivery times have always been better. Your order was sandwitched between the black friday sales queue and the discounts and you still didn't get it which was unexpected so in all fairness I'll give you the same discount as a refund now.

Poostuff

Please delete
Hi! I'm sorry you didn't get it in time. That part of the world we had never sent before anything and it's a surprise that the Express mail service takes so much time. We have now made a new deal with DHL Express so such things should not happen again as their delivery times have always been better. Your order was sandwitched between the black friday sales queue and the discounts and you still didn't get it which was unexpected so in all fairness I'll give you the same discount as a refund now.

That is super nice of you. I didn’t know that you haven’t sent any to this side of the globe before.
Also nice to know you now have a deal with DHL if I need some extras or if I decide I want a Venus.
I hope you get some other customers from this way now & hopefully they’ll be less complainy than me ;)

Top Bottom