• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Venus Apollo

villekille2

Manufacturer
Fits in a pocket
Has very strong vapors
batteries can be changed quickly, external charger with car adapter included
relatively big herb chamber
materials: solid oak, stainless steel, glass, anodized aluminum
2nd generation halogen heating element with custom bulbs
touch sensitive control with full controls for the user:
pre-heating time adjustable, 10-step power level setting, immediate boost at 110% power
Ideal for medical users who wish to carry a vaporizer with them but need a powerful vaporizer with lots of vapor production.
2vapesmini.jpg

vapefrontmini.jpg

Here is the latest manual:
http://www.venusvaporizer.com/apollo2_manual.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterFred

Like said before, give us a price & details about shipping/availability.
It's a very nice piece of kit, though. Materials are tried & trusted, at first sight.
Could this be a winner?!
More informations about the big brotha/sista would be nice also...
...Carpe Diem, good luck & happy Easter. As April's fools day is over, hope
this one makes it to ones pocket!
Good Luck in your venture.

:peace::clap:

MisterFred,
Reactions: mrweed

NickDlow

Log Hog
Fits in a pocket
Has very strong vapors
batteries can be changed quickly, external charger with car adapter included
relatively big herb chamber
materials: solid oak, stainless steel, glass, anodized aluminum
2nd generation halogen heating element with custom bulbs
touch sensitive control with full controls for the user:
pre-heating time adjustable, 10-step power level setting, immediate boost at 110% power
Ideal for medical users who wish to carry a vaporizer with them but need a powerful vaporizer with lots of vapor production.
2vapesmini.jpg

vapefrontmini.jpg
vapebackmini.jpg

Looks very interesting! Just a couple questions.

Is the air path isolated from electronics? What is the temp range and the accuracy of the temp control? Is the vapor made from conduction or convection or both? Can the wood be customized, as in could I send you a blank to make a Vape from?

Also like the others asked, when is it avaiable for U.S and the price?

From first look, it looks like a solid device. Just need more info now.

MisterFred

@
NickDlow, thx for completing the answer-me part : some others questions I had on mind, let's wait for answers...
Did someone around test their other vape? Feedback, anyone?

MisterFred,

MisterFred

Thx for the link, @NickDlow...Thread was quite inactive, and I didn't stumble upon before.
If you ask me (you aren't, otoh), it's a bit like : we were trying to fix BS & meanwhile engineering a new piece of sh** we can sell, after saying "we're sorry, we're late, all is well & good!, now, as of today!".
I hope, reading other posts, that they really improved what could be a portable Aromed, given the heating element.
I also red that they took nicely care of customers, even if they were sometimes slow in the process. Some MiniVap users are on the same boat.
Good luck with this new model : if it proves to be what it stands for, I want one!

MisterFred,

villekille2

Manufacturer
Yes, airpath is away from electronics, or in another words, electronics sealed in their own compartment away from physical stresses. About customization, it is possible to use different woods to make it, and also the central piece which is lighter in color, can be chosen freely. Also a possibility to have different laser engraving on the vaporizer, from a few ready to choose styles to a completely custom design. and the whole backside is free, just beautiful wood there, to keep like that or get some graphics there.

This vaporizer gives the user freedom to use it almost in any imaginable vaporization situation. The temperature range which it achieves, is enough to bake regular herbs black, if "smoking vaporizing" is the preferred way to enjoy, and on the other hand, with lower settings it will adapt to situations where you wish to have only very gentle effect with very volatile materials, like oil of eucalyptus for example.

This vaporizer is easy to use, default settings are good to get strong vapors of most common herbal material, and very quickly the user will get a feeling of how to control the vaporizer in the most pleasant way to his/hers liking in all possible situations, with power level and boost timing. It's a personal vaporizing instrument which will reward the user with amazing vapors after the user gets familiar with it and then it will be very natural to get just the result you wish for.

The disadvantage is that since it is really a desktop like power packed in a pocket size, inevitably some heat energy will be conducted to the part around the heating element and in long sessions with many people using it, this part will get very warm. But the way this vaporizer is held in hand, this part is not touched normally.

About availability, this has been some months in testing and now we are manufacturing smaller batches for local market first. So far reception has been great, everybody has loved this and told about the amazingly strong vapors it produces and how solid and good it feels in real. And that it is easy to use. So now I think, in May/June will start larger scale production and looking forward to sales both in Europe and the States.

NickDlow

Log Hog
Yes, airpath is away from electronics, or in another words, electronics sealed in their own compartment away from physical stresses. About customization, it is possible to use different woods to make it, and also the central piece which is lighter in color, can be chosen freely. Also a possibility to have different laser engraving on the vaporizer, from a few ready to choose styles to a completely custom design. and the whole backside is free, just beautiful wood there, to keep like that or get some graphics there.

This vaporizer gives the user freedom to use it almost in any imaginable vaporization situation. The temperature range which it achieves, is enough to bake regular herbs black, if "smoking vaporizing" is the preferred way to enjoy, and on the other hand, with lower settings it will adapt to situations where you wish to have only very gentle effect with very volatile materials, like oil of eucalyptus for example.

This vaporizer is easy to use, default settings are good to get strong vapors of most common herbal material, and very quickly the user will get a feeling of how to control the vaporizer in the most pleasant way to his/hers liking in all possible situations, with power level and boost timing. It's a personal vaporizing instrument which will reward the user with amazing vapors after the user gets familiar with it and then it will be very natural to get just the result you wish for.

The disadvantage is that since it is really a desktop like power packed in a pocket size, inevitably some heat energy will be conducted to the part around the heating element and in long sessions with many people using it, this part will get very warm. But the way this vaporizer is held in hand, this part is not touched normally.

About availability, this has been some months in testing and now we are manufacturing smaller batches for local market first. So far reception has been great, everybody has loved this and told about the amazingly strong vapors it produces and how solid and good it feels in real. And that it is easy to use. So now I think, in May/June will start larger scale production and looking forward to sales both in Europe and the States.

Sounds like it's going to very interesting.

It sounds like it is an instant heat on demand type of device like a firefly or the upcoming Zion, am I correct? Or does it gradually get to temp and stay for a period of time?

May/June would be ideal, I can treat myself to a b-day gift haha.

I don't know if you missed it but the convection/conduction question is a biggie for me.

Is the herbal material heated from the hot air from the heating element or is it heated from physical contact with a hot surface?

villekille2

Manufacturer
It's convection, hot air comes from the heating element with extra energy from the strong radiation energy from halogen which seems to work just perfectly for vaporization purposes. As you can see from the size of the glass tube, this is not your typical portable model but really produces vapors like best desktop models, and with the very straight vapor path the user gets it all without condensation on tubes etc. But surprisingly it is comfortable to inhale and doesn't feel too hot, it's my opinion and I've heard the same from all who tried it. It takes 2+ minutes to get ready, but after this little wait it will hit like a hammer. The herb chamber can take about 0.3g of herb.

Detonator

Fits in a pocket
Has very strong vapors

2vapesmini.jpg

vapefrontmini.jpg
vapebackmini.jpg

Oh my look how big that air path is,,, seriously I like that... do you hit it from there or attach a whip?

So it uses a light bulb? Is this the second vape after the Herbal Air to use a light bulb? or are there others? I find that interesting...

Are you going to use it today? Can you make a quick video showing us how great it is? It doesn't have to be a full production video , just something for the folks here to see..

I would like to see video of them explaining everything about it and then packing it with cannabis and using it to get medicated... Then lets see the ABV...

It looks sleek and cool... Love the wood stainless and glass... That middle strip reminds me of a tongue depressor, ohhh you should call it "Say Ahhhhhh" omg you know thats a goods one!

villekille2

Manufacturer
Battery life it's good, what can I say to give realistic view of it? if I tell you that @ maximum power it stays on about one hour, it doesn't tell much. And about number of "typical" vaporizing sessions I haven't been counting. But let's say that if it takes little bit over 2 minutes to get to temp, and it's maximum power then, and the way it hits, for most people it will not be on that much after warm up. I would say that the battery life is good.

And the batteries are not so costly, so people can have another set ready to go, it takes maybe 8 seconds to change batteries. Actually I was thinking, might be best to include 2 sets of batteries with it, so that it feel more complete. Never need to wait for charging when another set can be always full. And another advantage with this is, that as I feel the actual vaporizer is very robust, like my friend said, "feels you could use this as a hammer", and the electronics are sealed, there are no mechanical buttons, so it is really hard to break it I think, only the glass tube might break if you hit it somewhere, but since it is 2mm thick round glass it doesn't break that easily.

And it can be also shorter if preferred, near the level of front panel to make it even less probably to have any accidental contacts. so the batteries are the thing that wear out finally but it really doesn't matter since you can easily get new ones. The halogen bulb wears naturally but can be easily changed, and in normal conditions, in my experience, should work anywhere from 1 to 3+ years and for sudden drops or weaker bulbs we always deliver one extra bulb anyway with our vaporizers.

Yes it is possible to reload it while it is hot, but it requires you to overcome the obstacle of very hot herb chamber. I have done it, on table, just to release the chamber, and let it roll on your table and fill it up. But really it is hot, so if really a reloading while it is hot is necessary, some tricks are necessary to not burn your fingers.

Herb cooking while idle depends again on the settings. No, herb will not need to get cooked even if you like to ide longer times. For example, when I want to be sure that herb will not get cooked even if I wait longer times, I just set lower basic power level, and just boost a few extra seconds before taking a hit, to get to the optimal temperature. you just learn it quickly to feel how to get what you want from it, that's all I can really say.

The vaporizer does have signal lights. It shows when your gestures to turn it on are registered, it shows when it is warming up, it shows when it is ready and on, it shows when you boost, and it shows power level you set, and when you are in setup mode for warm up time. It's all very clear and simple.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Great answer, battery isn't a concern as long as it last more than 15 minutes of actual usage. I'd hate to have to change the battery after just 4 really long hits.

Last question is estimated price range? A scale like 325-250 is what we are hoping we can sell it for, with 250 being the most realistic low we could reach.

I'm primarily interested in the max price you think you would offer this for.

villekille2

Manufacturer
Oh my look how big that air path is,,, seriously I like that... do you hit it from there or attach a whip?

So it uses a light bulb? Is this the second vape after the Herbal Air to use a light bulb? or are there others? I find that interesting...

Are you going to use it today? Can you make a quick video showing us how great it is? It doesn't have to be a full production video , just something for the folks here to see..

I would like to see video of them explaining everything about it and then packing it with cannabis and using it to get medicated... Then lets see the ABV...

It looks sleek and cool... Love the wood stainless and glass... That middle strip reminds me of a tongue depressor, ohhh you should call it "Say Ahhhhhh" omg you know thats a goods one!

Yeah you hit from there, as I wrote, it is comfortable, even if the path is short and you practically get just pure vapor straight from the chamber!

it's funny how you compared to a tongue depressor :))) now when you said it looks little like this in photos, in real I cannot see the resemblance. And I think will be nice to get some artistic design on it, to show the place of boost "button" and something else too. But to be honest, it is really ergonomic to use, there is no need to think where is the button or anything like this, you just hold it in your hands, put your fingers down and it just boosts, and lift a little bit your fingers and stops boosting. It works. I was thinking when designing this, it is a little bit like a bong, with a big thick glass tube and this boosting feels like reversed hit hole action :)

about video, will be later but not today.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
you just hold it in your hands, put your fingers down and it just boosts, and lift a little bit your fingers and stops boosting. It works. I was thinking when designing this, it is a little bit like a bong, with a big thick glass tube and this boosting feels like reversed hit hole action :)
That sold me, any vape that can boost is worth a shot, and that sounds like a portable Versa.

villekille2

Manufacturer
Great answer, battery isn't a concern as long as it last more than 15 minutes of actual usage. I'd hate to have to change the battery after just 4 really long hits.

Last question is estimated price range? A scale like 325-250 is what we are hoping we can sell it for, with 250 being the most realistic low we could reach.

I'm primarily interested in the max price you think you would offer this for.

I think it will be about 300. I really want to have a very high quality product with these very strong capabilities this has, with best components for all including batteries and chargers and since it's with lots of manual work, it will have its price but value for money is very high.

davesmith

Glass Blower
looks pretty. I'm interested. It could fill the 'out with mates session vape' void I've had all my life.

Good luck

NickDlow

Log Hog

They're from Finland so idk how their cannabis laws there.

I think it will be about 300. I really want to have a very high quality product with these very strong capabilities this has, with best components for all including batteries and chargers and since it's with lots of manual work, it will have its price but value for money is very high.

Is that in USD?

Top Bottom