Discontinued The Venus Apollo

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Mine too is here, cannot let it down

Have constantly in my hands (even now), applied raw beeswax and now it is even better

Already charged and done two bowl with the new light weight bowl

Very tasty big clouds with standard settings,fast heating time, it isn't harsh at all thanks to cooling unit: what I was looking for

Tryied to play with settings and I think manual refers to apollo1? Or too baked to interact ...

More to come

Very happy customer here after first use already love it

Edit for first mod: wrapped some Kraft paper it comes with around battery (there was a little gap and they rattled a bit, they do not anymore :) )

Last edited:

MinnBobber

@ShayWhiteGrow ,
so that looks like the Flexicone + , correct? One piece silicone dome AND silicone tubing.
As opposed to the Flexicone module.
I assume Flexicone modules also fit which makes me much much more interested in the Apollo as I use those in my Herbalizer, Mighty, miniVAP, and others. I love the Flexicone modules :) And any vape that can use them ;)

FwQkUdR.jpg

1. MV Kit Flexicone+
    Regular Price: $27.58

Special Price: $19.90

• Kit with 4 flexicones+. The flexicone+ improves sealing in the loading chamber. Made of food grade silicone in one long piece. Up to approx. 25 uses.

Learn More

2. MV Kit Flexicone
    Regular Price: $22.04
    EDIT:............ This is on my "possible future vapes short list" as I love the halogen bulb tech in my Herbalizer so a portable with it would be a natural

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
:tup:
@ShayWhiteGrow ,
so that looks like the Flexicone + , correct? One piece silicone dome AND silicone tubing.
As opposed to the Flexicone module.
I assume Flexicone modules also fit which makes me much much more interested in the Apollo as I use those in my Herbalizer, Mighty, miniVAP, and others. I love the Flexicone modules :) And any vape that can use them ;)

FwQkUdR.jpg

1. MV Kit Flexicone+
    Regular Price: $27.58

Special Price: $19.90

• Kit with 4 flexicones+. The flexicone+ improves sealing in the loading chamber. Made of food grade silicone in one long piece. Up to approx. 25 uses.

Learn More

2. MV Kit Flexicone
    Regular Price: $22.04

Special Price: $15.90
Correct. It is the plus. The one with the cone and silicone tube attached. :tup:

Andreaerdna

After few more loads I feel it is going to be a keeper

I am using it mainly as in 2-3 hits to empty the bowl with huge clouds (using standard settings,I let Apollo do its warmup without the bowl, then insert it and hit as I want, it keeps delivering until spent

It isn't the most efficient way to medicate (a lot of vapor lost in exhale) but it is much more effective/fast than microdosing

It was longtime ago I woke up still a little baked from evening as this morning :)

I tryied the shielded bowl but I was less impressed (more steel Bigger heat sink) it seems more indicate for sessioning (it gave less vapor per hit and it is easier to pull out the bowl to check material/stir a little as in a session).

Had yet to try solo stem mods and I feel I do not need water filtration at all with Apollo2, cooling unit is really effective.

Taste is delicious but not 100% convection as in my enano, radiation cooks a little (starting 2 hit), but first hit after 30secs warmup is the most gratifying I ever tryied

This is also the biggest bowl I ever filled so it may depends on this

Battery last quite a bit and I lost some power while playing with settings (around 10ish bowls? Maybe more?)

New set of battery will be next buy and enano will take a brake to rest a little

A tool like a hook or a fork could be a nice add on to empty and reload the thinner unshielded bowl while still hot, or just a stand as I am able to pull it out but it is too hot to refill it while holding with hands

wood isn't as smooth as I was used from other luxury items but it is fonctional, as it allows to feel less the heat on the outside (mainly around bulb)

Will shoot a picture but the outside seems to be as it was before (cannot see differences)

EDIT: was little confused by exciting moments so I want to rectify.
Where i get best results is when I preheat apollo with bowl loaded (2-3mm tamped) and preheated. 35-40 secs of preheat 40% power level and boost while hitting, and I get more vapor I can handle and thise are default settings it came setted

@Hogni About finish I asked Ville and he explained me (and it makes sense to me) that a smoother surface becomes slippery and hotter to handle (more heat conduction). I felt it was little dry and I applyied beeswax with a airdryier and sanded the birch wood (not in this sequence) to erase any reference to vapes and any help to devine what it is and how to operate: it is gorgeous and the look of the relief of the wood veins start to appeal me like and old wood exposed to wind.
And in the end I prefer the fonctional grip this finish offers than a shiny smooth hot as hell surface :) but I too was surprised à little

Ps beeswax gave some smell first couple of use, not too bad but there, also with beeswax heat conduction makes it hotter to handle first couple of use, then beeswax drys out and only the nicer finish aspect stays :)

Edit 2

1eTmUhG_d.jpg

This kind of grip finish: between veins it is smmoth veines are in relief

Also you can see a little modification. I took off the metal chamber and used the glass tube as a bowl with a basket screen to sandwich the load, works quite nice too for 1 monstrous hitter out of a thin layer (preheat with load on the heater)

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
You are right, Andrea. Finish of the wood isn't so smooth as it should be on a precious device like this. A little too rough. A last short run with finer sandpaper could help, @villekille2 :wave:
Rough finish lets look the surface a little bit dirty pretty fast, at least in the area of the "touchpad".

Yeah, a stand is absolutely necessary IMO. Same as a cooling tube/mp with a 14/18 mm joint at the side of the mp as as a possible asseccoire! ;)

In my experience it's worth to wait some time after the VA has reached set temp. Much more powerful hits even at 2 or 3 after a longer warming up.

nitro

I hadn't noticed the new caps, they do look nicer.

@nitro is that the oak or dark oak? Looks great.

It is the dark oak.
I really like the look as well and the performance is most definitely on par. I only tried a couple of bowls, but I did not have to stir and the extraction was quite even. The clouds of the first and second draw were enormous and the flavor was top notch.
One time I had it on 4 and did not even use boost, only to finish the bowl.
My first impression is, that it is a great, heavy-hitting vape and I can see myself using it as much as my hydrobrick in the long run. More testing needs to be done :D

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
:)Some feedback from @villekille2

I saw in video that maybe you had the old apollo start up sequence in mind. Now it is enough just to swipe upwards after no down anynore after that.

Herb sense feature automatically reduced power after the unit is not beeing boosted for a while. For example in your video I realised you didn't boost at all so near the end the herb sense had already fully kicked in at 40% power reduction. Anytime if you press boost, you can reset the Herb sense times and power gets back to normal. If you are not interested in boosting at all then maybe better to turn the herb sense off, it is from the settings menu;

Boost and 4 times downwards swipe. 3 lights should be active. You should wait without touching buttons maybe 10 sec until they flash quickly and unit buzzes. Now you can press lowest button 1 to turn herb sense off and 2. Button to turn it on.

And boost button in this mode will save the elapsed time in the menu as a new warm up time

And before the lights flash and buZZ, THE buttons adjust boost power. Low high and normal

So that is what herb sense is! :doh::)

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Despite the explanation it's still not very clear, especially this bit:

"And boost button in this mode will save the elapsed time in the menu as a new warm up time"

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer

"And boost button in this mode will save the elapsed time in the menu as a new warm up time"
Little bit of a language barrier. I just turn it to 3 and it's magic. boost if you want too. I was used to the 1st version 25 watt bulb but whoa the 50 watter!:rockon:

virtualpurple

I've reached out to @villekille2 to see if there's anyway for early adopters to send in their OG units and pay for an upgrade to match the features of the apollo2. My unit is having some slight issues and will likely have to pay a visit anyways. I'm still awaiting a response from the man, though I don't think he checks his pms here daily, it has been several days since I made an inquiry.

If this isn't an option I will still have to see if my unit needs to come in for warranty work and will have to sell my Apollo to fund the purchase of number 2.

Andreaerdna

From my understanding It means that when you are in the menu to set herb sense on off (button 1-2) you can also choose to press boost button to choose warm up time (counting from when you turn unit on)

Last edited:

nitro

I made a small graphic for the configuration menu, but I'm not sure if I got everything right @villekille2 could you verify?

nrw8X00.png

The warmup time starts to count from when you first enter the configuration menu.
To turn the unit on in normal use: Press boost and swipe up.

I really like the apollo and am astounded, how evenly and quickly it extracts. I use it on level 4 without boost for a couple of great draws with lots of cool and tasty vapor and after quite a couple of draws I use boost for about two draws. Without stirring my last two bowls were completely even extracted. First impressions are still really good.

Top Bottom