• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Vape Critic / Vapelife Forum - Retired

DogBoy

know fear
...Vapelife lives in our dreams now...

tubu1wieuvurw4q2.jpg

...stolen from bulllee @ Vapelife...

Last edited:

Vape_Or_Die420

Find it hard to believe he would go without a note to his audience.... perhaps site down for construction?
He released a video the other day and then removed it shortly after explaining everything.

He no longer likes the feeling cannabis gives him and is no longer interested in vapes, according to him. Gotta follow your gut i guess.

The forum was costing too much money and time. Everything is being kept as a encyclopedia but no new posts.

G43's are no more.

I always appreciated his opinion.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
He no longer likes the feeling cannabis gives him and is no longer interested in vapes, according to him. Gotta follow your gut i

I actually think this is the same reason we've seen so many artisan vape builders come and go over the years.

I've referred to the phenomenon a few times on here as "herbal existentialism" and people would likely be surprised how many long term FC members have shared similar sentiments.

Speaking personally, it can create this internal conflict where the body is tired of cannabis but you still feel obligated to use it. Very easy to happen when testing vapes for years as many FC members have. Also the weed is so strong these days it does weird things, some of the biggest stoners I've ever met in my life can't use at all anymore due to anxiety the herb gives them. There are so many stories online of people who have used for decades even and suddenly feel extreme anxiety whenever they use cannabis anymore. I've postulated connections to the prodromal phase associated with CHS.

Best of luck to everyone on the journey.

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
That's pure Karma in my opinion. A trustworthy source of information sold its soul to commerce, got burned and now faces the consequences. However, I wish him all the best for the future. I enjoyed his videos until he started overpromoting the Ghost. Then he lost all credibility to me and seemed quite unenthusiastic about what he did anyway. So, farewell. Up to new shores!

Last edited:

Namekian

That's pure Karma in my opinion. A trustworthy source of information sold its soul to commerce, got burned and now faces the consequences. However, I wish him all the best for the future. I enjoyed his videos until he starting overpromoting the Ghost. Then he lost all credibility for me and seemed quite unenthusiastic about what he did anyway. So, farewell. Up to new shores!
Have to say i agree with a lot of what you said. I would never have said it over on vapelife out of fear of being torn apart by his devoted followers (there were some truly crazy people over there) but I would never have pre ordered an MV1 if the vape critic hadn't said it was the greatest portable vape ever. What I received was a $300 decent vape that was hard to get consistent hits and broke often. I'd really like to know how much money Ghost offered him... :\

sanchezman

Commander in Kief
While I personally have no strong opinions about Bud's recusal from weed/vaping, I think the loss of the vapelife forum is a sad event. While the aggregate knowledge will remain (For how long? Is Bud really going to pay to keep a dead forum around forever?), the internet has lost another independent community.

Facebook groups and Reddit boards are fine, but niche interests have slowly gravitated away from forums and towards centralized services run by enormous companies. With the closure of vapelife, we too move into closer orbit of these massive companies. I think that if we embrace the convenience of letting someone else host our communities, we will lose the freedom to chart our course independent of Silicon Valley shareholders. Is it so far-fetched to believe that in the future, other companies may take a stance against vaping like Apple did with their app store? Where would we be then, if we tied our community so closely to their infrastructure?

The night sky would lose all its wonder if individual stars winked out, replaced by a single blinding ball.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Heres my :2c:.

Vapelife forum was a mess. I could never find anything usefull on it. Moderation did not seem to work, lots of attitude, trolling and griefing. I wont miss it. I used VLF once a week if that. I visit FC everyday if not more.

I hope that if people transfer here from VLF they will be better behaved. Would not like to see this place trashed like VLF. However i have confidence in the FC mods - they apply the rules without hessitation.

I will miss vapecritic the first proper vape reviewer. However i got burnt on the firefly 2. I trusted his review, brought one and sold it 2 weeks later. Worse vape i ever owned for the money. I realised at that point our view on vapes was totally differnt.

Anyway all the best to him. Hope he finds his mojo and happiness.

I hope FC keeps going for ever - but i know its time could be limited. I hope for an alternative that will carry on the flame.

ginolicious

Heres my :2c:.

Vapelife forum was a mess. I could never find anything usefull on it. Moderation did not seem to work, lots of attitude, trolling and griefing. I wont miss it. I used VLF once a week if that. I visit FC everyday if not more.

I hope that if people transfer here from VLF they will be better behaved. Would not like to see this place trashed like VLF. However i have confidence in the FC mods - they apply the rules without hessitation.

I will miss vapecritic the first proper vape reviewer. However i got burnt on the firefly 2. I trusted his review, brought one and sold it 2 weeks later. Worse vape i ever owned for the money. I realised at that point our view on vapes was totally differnt.

Anyway all the best to him. Hope he finds his mojo and happiness.

I hope FC keeps going for ever - but i know its time could be limited. I hope for an alternative that will carry on the flame.

shame with your comment about the FF2. I own a ff2+ and boy it’s the best convection vape I ever owned. Consistent hits and clouds always. Yes. You do need to stir. But I did come from the Haze Square that never worked.

Baron23

That's pure Karma in my opinion. A trustworthy source of information sold its soul to commerce, got burned and now faces the consequences.

I suspect that I know quite a bit more than you about what went on behind the curtain and I couldn't disagree with you more strongly.

However, I wish him all the best for the future.

Yeah, sure you do....I feel the sympathy. :rofl::rolleyes::lmao:

Taz German

Prall durch's All!
I sure will miss the VL forum! And I will leave my farewell here to everyone!:love:

Thanks everyone for a lot of good times, infos, knowledge, hints and tips, happiness, fairness and kindness!

All the best and love to everyone!
And all the best wishes to the VC Bud!

I don't know the man, the forum or the situation. Was he in a legal state? The whole thing sounds like exactly what my lawyer had me do when I got busted. Had to shut down the forum and observe the gag order, etc.

Hopefully, he was 100% legal and I am 100% wrong. I did see a couple of his reviews and he seemed like a nice enough guy.

Good luck to him in whatever endeavors he pursues.

Top Bottom