Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So are we supposed to get spare screens or is that self sourced? Link to your screens your using? I would want a screen just for hash and one for herb. Thanks

neither of my vapbongs came with spares but 3/4inch screens work great and are very easily found online or i even get mine at a local head shop.

I did not get a cardboard or pine box with mine, I think they were just packed plain... My bandit came with three or four spare screens. Definitely worth getting a large pack of spares though, people in here have posted a few places where to get them if you just read back a few pages. The thing that needs to be cleaned the most on the vapbong, is the screen, so easiest to just swap them and clean a bunch at once!

Vapefanatic

Need help guys. Just got my Bandit.

Already gave it the 30 minutes warm up. I've easily used it an hour or two so far. My voltage don't jump too much at all. Haven't seen any jumps that exceeds 0.1V.

I've tried temps from 8 to 10.2. Problem is, I'm getting a hotspot that combusts. Its only on that particular spot, while other spots stays green. It doesn't matter what temps I go with. The same thing happens, just a matter of time.

I stir and I stir but it still just combusts that one spot. I end up with very uneven abv. Stir past a certain point, combustion occurs because it just seems to be heating through one spot of the bowl. I tried quick and slow draws. I tried Small, Medium and large bowls. I peeked into the heater and it doesn't seem like anything is wrong? It gets red like it should at higher voltages but won't at lower voltages. So i guess it's functioning well?

I hope it's just a technique issue but doesn't seem like it because anything I do results in the same. Attaching some pics I took with different some different amounts.

Is this normal? Do I have to shake it all the time to avoid this? It could be something really dumb that I'm missing?

One other thing that's rather insignificant is the debowler. It is noticeable lighter and a different shade than the bandit. Is It the same with you guys?
64B3E00E-1437-4F66-B891-7E7886FE8FAA.jpegE7515BA0-1156-4578-B7E6-61677C046A8C.jpegCF7D613C-DB27-46A6-93D2-AABE5CC8E0BF.jpeg5A74CCCF-D017-4CE6-ACA8-CDF50B7CFAEF.jpegBCBAF50E-741A-4E3B-9F40-D99611B1D581.jpeg54ADB5C0-982A-4770-B357-734132DC38BF.jpegD483C5E2-BD35-4D91-AA6A-A3F41F5FC38E.jpeg55D0CF07-A83B-4241-808A-B8F855DE99A4.jpeg83B984D9-9230-4405-B3F7-5F7884843B35.jpegBBAD2030-23C8-4038-AE42-4662DEA687DD.jpeg

Edit: I'm trying to pull on it like a Bong. Seems to be helping out. It helps a lot when I shove the mouthpiece a little further into my mouth, which I may be trying too hard to avoid LOL.

It has been a while since I used a bong. Well, at least we know how the bandit punishes someone with homophobic tendencies! Da Bandit will combust your herb :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Need help guys. Just got my Bandit.

Already gave it the 30 minutes warm up. I've easily used it an hour or two so far. My voltage don't jump too much at all. Haven't seen any jumps that exceeds 0.1V.

I've tried temps from 8 to 10.2. Problem is, I'm getting a hotspot that combusts. Its only on that particular spot, while other spots stays green. It doesn't matter what temps I go with. The same thing happens, just a matter of time.

I stir and I stir but it still just combusts that one spot. I end up with very uneven abv. Stir past a certain point, combustion occurs because it just seems to be heating through one spot of the bowl. I tried quick and slow draws. I tried Small, Medium and large bowls. I peeked into the heater and it doesn't seem like anything is wrong? It gets red like it should at higher voltages but won't at lower voltages. So i guess it's functioning well?

I hope it's just a technique issue but doesn't seem like it because anything I do results in the same. Attaching some pics I took with different some different amounts.

Is this normal? Do I have to shake it all the time to avoid this? It could be something really dumb that I'm missing?

One other thing that's rather insignificant is the debowler. It is noticeable lighter and a different shade than the bandit. Is It the same with you guys?
View attachment 4000View attachment 4001View attachment 4002View attachment 4003View attachment 4004View attachment 4005View attachment 4006View attachment 4007View attachment 4008View attachment 4009

All looks totally normal to me, just keep experimenting! Also give us some pictures of the whole pretty yadro thing please ;)

All glaze varies each time, especially depending on the type of surface it is on, and the layers, and even more so with the melting glass beads there's a lot of variance as well. It is especially normal for the loading dish funnel cup to be different than the rest, because it is a flat concave surface instead of vertical like the vap bong bandit itself.

Also do you have different weed you can try? Aside from how you draw and how much you load and even how you grind too, the herbal consistency /moisture will affect your extraction appearance... But yeah if you get a hotspot that's where it would be, but there does not always have to be a hotspot I assure you, so keep at it! Still early for you!

Last edited:

Legalize Weed in GERMANY

Drug War Veteran
@Vapefanatic I had that Problem in the beginning too. I think it is because the heating coil is close to one side oft the heating ball.
Look inside the heating ball if the coil is close to one side.
Maybe thats from rattling arround while getting shipped. I moved the heating coil with a tooth pic more in the center, also you can maybe adjust the position of the coil by pushing the cables in a bit but be very carefuly with that so you dont diconnect the heating coil from the cables.

Vapefanatic

All looks totally normal to me, keep experimenting! Also give some pictures of the whole thing ;)

All glaze varies, especially depending on the type of surface it is on, and the layers, and even more so the glass beads there's a lot of variance as well. It is especially normal for the loading dish funnel cup to be different than the rest, because it is a flat concave surface instead of vertical like the vap bong bandit itself...

@Vapefanatic I had that Problem in the beginning too. I think it is because the heating coil is close to one side oft the heating ball.
Look inside the heating ball if the coil is close to one side.
Maybe thats from rattling arround while getting shipped. I moved the heating coil with a tooth pic more in the center, also you can maybe adjust the position of the coil by pushing the cables in a bit but be very carefuly with that so you dont diconnect the heating coil from the cables.
Watch my edit guys. I didn't wanna double post. Turns out, I might have hidden homophobic tendencies LOL. Totally joking.

I just gotta make the bandit roar it seems. And lotsa shaking it up. Still a learning curve but loving it so far.

Thing thing goes through Flower faster and hits way harder than a Volcano. Really struggling to type this.

Shit Snacks

Watch my edit guys. I didn't wanna double post. Turns out, I might have hidden homophobic tendencies LOL. Totally joking.

I just gotta make the bandit roar it seems. And lotsa shaking it up. Still a learning curve but loving it so far.

Thing thing goes through Flower faster and hits way harder than a Volcano. Really struggling to type this.

Sounds like it's woooorking!!

:rofl: I edited my reply a little too, just keep practicing, you'll get the hang of it, the best way to use it for you! Literally a brand new experience right now :tup:

Vapefanatic

Sounds like it's woooorking!!

:rofl: I edited my reply a little too, just keep practicing, you'll get the hang of it, the best way to use it for you! Literally a brand new experience right now :tup:
You're a genius as always. I did purposely use my not so good weed for testing. Otherwise, I'd be asleep by now, despite my high tolerance. But I can assure you its not the weed. I grow mine and they are all dried and cured under controlled conditions. I like mine around 60RH no more but can be a bit less. In short, it's to compensate for my naturally humid climate.

I find that it's easy to get lost with how large the chamber is? I absolutely did not think of the fact that much more hot air needs to pass through the chamber for an even extraction. I was inhaling like a p@ssy cos I was scared to overdo it at first but all that did was allow a thin stream of hot air to pass through the herb, resulting in that hot spot. I think. Thats why getting the bandit to roar is important. At least that's my early takeaway.

Seems like when you hit a Vapbong or Bandit to slow the hot air takes the way of less resistance and then you got a hot spot.
I realized the same but you said it much better!

Edit: dammit double post again! See what my Bandit is doing to me? I didn't even know my weed is that good till now! Lol

justcametomind

The hot spot formation theory seems accurate. I always hit like a pussy and get a dark brown spot on the load, funny since it's always in the further area from the heater.

How do you handle big loads? I always place weed on top of the screen, but I've never exceded 150mg. When loading 200+mg the screen is not enough anymore.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

The hot spot formation theory seems accurate. I always hit like a pussy and get a dark brown spot on the load, funny since it's always in the further area from the heater.

How do you handle big loads? I always place weed on top of the screen, but I've never exceded 150mg. When loading 200+mg the screen is not enough anymore.

Pretty difficult to avoid a hot spot with super big loads as herb is closer to the heater, need to try with a low power setting though!

Vapefanatic

I am properly medicated now. Don't really remember how much I vaped.

Some pics
1A6E0B72-2BD1-4C61-A9D3-8C7989E02615.jpegB5E87CD9-18CE-45C9-B742-0F396EAB3DEC.jpeg4B2A5729-86EF-43ED-99DD-F7E0199395C2.jpegD471D053-ED3B-425D-A9E5-A8E1EC453872.jpeg
I get the feeling that it has less to do with where the herb is placed as I've tried several different positions.

At least for now, I feel it's more about how you pull/inhale. It needs to be a good steady stream of hot air passing through just fast enough. Gonna take some practice.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
PXL-20201128-013105809.jpg
@Shit Snacks thanks for the shoutout. The tool does match perfectly!!

thunderstealer1337

I hit the vapbong as hard as I can for 7 seconds, it is absolutely insane the vapor production, I exhaust out of my mouth/nose/mouth/nose twice, all full of vapor. It's seriously ridiculous and shames everything else I have for ease/efficiency.

What I do notice is since you draw hot vapor through the water level, it evaporates super fast.

Also got response to my email as well today from last week.

I can't wait till the pandemic is over, my buddies will kneel to hit this on my coffee table, just like I made them kneel for enail dabs :lol:. This is the king supreme, you shall bow down if you want to use it

GoldenBud

I hit the vapbong as hard as I can for 7 seconds, it is absolutely insane the vapor production, I exhaust out of my mouth/nose/mouth/nose twice, all full of vapor. It's seriously ridiculous and shames everything else I have for ease/efficiency.

What I do notice is since you draw hot vapor through the water level, it evaporates super fast.

Also got response to my email as well today from last week.

I can't wait till the pandemic is over, my buddies will kneel to hit this on my coffee table, just like I made them kneel for enail dabs :lol:. This is the king supreme, you shall bow down if you want to use it
even when the whole "ball" is not hot it produces such monster clouds? even without heat soaking?

GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

even when the whole "ball" is not hot it produces such monster clouds? even without heat soaking?

I'm not sure why you say that, you get best results when you let it all heat soak so the heater ball is your entire heater instead of just the heating element... You wouldn't get monster clouds instantly, you want to give it at least 10 minutes at high power... This is an equilibrium vape, best results when it is consistently warmed up to that equilibrium!

Vapefanatic

Prior to getting mine, I read through all pages of this thread. It was easy to understand. I mean, how difficult is a ceramic bong with kanthal wire on a ceramic tube? The Doc even showed how it's made. Video on page 1. Its pretty much open source imo. Everything can be replicated except for the art and passion aspect. Which is rightfully how they position themselves. We pay more to get more art injected into it, as an option. Truly one of a kind.

It was easy to assume I got everything covered after combing through the thread. But my challenge was imagining what I read. It was difficult because I had rarely used a bong. I knew how it worked but lacked the natural reflex from a seasoned user.

Despite that…am pretty sure I got it down now. Besides inhaling like a sissy, I was too engrossed in the mechanics of the Vape, being too careful in the process. Most Vapes don't even come close to the chamber size. I'm so used to imagining a tiny oven in all my vapes. It looks the same to me cos I put the same amount. But what I forgot is just how spacious that bowl is? It doesn't matter how much or little i put in. At the end of the day, the entire bowl needs to be passed through with even hot air, at the right speed.

How this is done in the Vapbong is very different from other vapes. It needs large amounts of air but this is made easy with the ridiculous ease of draw. By drawing like a sissy, very little air flows through the chamber and leaves via the least restricted path, leaving a hotspot while rest of herb is uncooked.

How much water also seems to affect the experience. Mainly due to how it changes the draw.

Hope you guys don't mind me sharing such early experiences. It'll be funny to look back and laugh at myself.

I blame my Bandit for putting me on the couch. What else to do than post on FC? :rofl: :rofl:

Ripstar

It arrived today! Unoboxed it and immediately started heat soaking it. Wow, everything everyone has said is true. This might be a game ender.
-The taste is much better than I expected
-the draughts are simple and massive, insane
-Heat up time was around 10-15 minutes
-curve is non existent because it's so easy/similar to hitting a bong

I got the cosmic blue but, it's insane, to the naked eye, it's fricking purple! In the best way possible, it plays tricks on ya. I can't get over the glaze, it's so beautiful. Great craftsmanship, it's art. I just wish someone could actually see what color it is! 😂 @Shit Snacks, It's almost the plum in the minimal glaze parts. It's perfect.

thunderstealer1337

TBH the first 2 days of ownership I never got hotspots even if I pulled like a sissy. But all of our units are hand made, the heater core is placed in by hand, every unit will function differently, the wire may have gotten a kink or something and puts out more/less heat at the same voltage etc.

Also heat up time is not 10-15 mins ime, 30mins it will hit at like tier lvl 1 (if you dont boost max voltage for first 10-15 mins), if you keep heat soaking it throughout the night it gets stronger and stronger, it hits again at a different teir when its properly heat soaked for hours. Just my experience from my 3 days of use....

And im super confused as why high me picked this firecracker when awesome stuff like yours was still available, im like hating super high me right now lol

Last edited:

Ripstar

TBH the first 2 days of ownership I never got hotspots even if I pulled like a sissy. But all of our units are hand made, the heater core is placed in by hand, every unit will function differently, the wire may have gotten a kink or something and puts out more/less heat at the same voltage etc.

Also heat up time is not 10-15 mins, 30mins it will hit at like tier lvl 1 (if you dont boost max voltage for first 10-15 mins), if you keep heat soaking it throughout the night it gets stronger and stronger, it hits again at a different teir when its properly heat soaked for hours. Just my experience from my 3 days of use....
Yes, it was more 30 or less. I literally plugged it in, turned it to the right voltage, and went for a walk with doggo. I was too excited to tell time 😂

Top Bottom