Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Somebody weighed one somewhere early in here... @GoldenBud Some several pounds!

I just took a nice little photo that shows exactly why you want to remove the bowl after each hit. You can also see the power of the Bandit and the speed it can produce vapor.

View attachment 4037

What you're seeing is what happens each time I remove the bowl after my hit. There's always a lot of vapor created from all the heat still in the bowl and if you leave the bowl on the vape this vapor will have nowhere to go but in the heater. Over time this will cause problems since it gonna be difficult to clean, it could cause some problems with the heater itself and break the vape.

Yep yep, one way to help with this as well, say you have less wasted vapor, is to keep inhaling (if you can, often this is not possible with the cloudage lol) and kind of crack the bowl ball like an egg as you separate it, to keep the bottom part still semi sealed to the vapor path so you can inhale some of that excess vapor... also adjusting draw a bit.

Ripstar

I just took a nice little photo that shows exactly why you want to remove the bowl after each hit. You can also see the power of the Bandit and the speed it can produce vapor.

View attachment 4037

What you're seeing is what happens each time I remove the bowl after my hit. There's always a lot of vapor created from all the heat still in the bowl and if you leave the bowl on the vape this vapor will have nowhere to go but in the heater. Over time this will cause problems since it gonna be difficult to clean, it could cause some problems with the heater itself and break the vape.

What if I told you I took this photo after hitting the Bandit at 10.7V and I have it on since yesterday, so the heater is heat soaked to the max. The bowl wasn't pre-heated before and I used about 0.25g of herb. This was on my first inhale and I removed the bowl after 6 seconds. I inhaled fast and my lungs were full when I was done. You can still see the trail of vapor starting from the Bandit to the bowl and on the exhale I couldn't see the screen of my computer anymore! This vape is a monster!
AMAZING pic man! I figured this out too, otherwise, it comes out of the mouthpiece/sits in the heating device.. Good to know.

Shit Snacks

AMAZING pic man! I figured this out too, otherwise, it comes out of the mouthpiece/sits in the heating device.. Good to know.

Coming out of the mouthpiece with the standard vapbong looks like a true vapor volcano though, for those very large thick hits that are difficult to clear :brow: (but as long as you remove the ball bowl you will protect the heater from any vapor condensation)

thunderstealer1337

I think we are way overthinking this vape honey buildup on a 500 degree heater will break it down. Remember guys the maker and his son have units that have been on for months to maybe years now - and they clear the bong via the carb as per their design intent.

Look at their logo, it is of a vapbong with both balls attached exhausting vapor out of the top

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I think we are way overthinking this vape honey buildup on a 500 degree heater will break it down. Remember guys the maker and his son have units that have been on for months to maybe years now - and they clear the bong via the carb as per their design intent.

Look at their logo, it is of a vapbong with both balls attached exhausting vapor out of the top
I just want to be sure I can use this vape for as long as it can go. I love both of these vapes and when they're gonna eventually stop working I'm gonna be heartbroken. Sure I can buy another one but each one is unique... and expensive! For me it's now part of the ritual to remove the bowl and stir between each hit and I'm not bothered by the little bit of vapor that escape from the bowl, it adds to the ambience and the experience.

Shit Snacks

Yeah exactly it's part of the ritual, keeping things as clean as possible is more my own OCD, but it is nice to relax and not care about that little bit of vapor lost, when you are getting so so much otherwise! This vape has a tendency to really help me chill out more than others, regardless of the specific herbs!

Legalize Weed in GERMANY

Drug War Veteran
For me it's now part of the ritual
That's what I like, this vape gives you a bit more possibilities to enjoy your session and develop your own ritual/way of vaping than other vapes.
This vape has a tendency to really help me chill out more than others, regardless of the specific herbs!
I have the same impression from this Vape. Ok I own just 2 other vapes not much to compare with.
I love both of these vapes and when they're gonna eventually stop working I'm gonna be heartbroken. Sure I can buy another one but each one is unique...
If your vape just stop working you send it to AOV and they repair it for you. I have seen a video where a broken Vapbong art edition getting glued by Felix.

Last edited:
I typically remove the bowl as well when clearing. Sometimes I won't, cuz I feel like I get thicker clouds without that extra burst of fresh air at the end, and I like watching the vapor leak out of the top of the unit, but I'll still do a quick clean-up hit right after to clear it out properly.

The guy from Tools420 who did the VapBong video review said he didn't clean his unit at all for 8 months of ownership (only changed the water). He also hits it continuously throughout the video without removing the bowl. In the video, it looks like there is a good amount of build up on the ceramic at the opening of the heater ball. Doesn't seem like it has affected the function of his unit (yet), but I'd rather not have to deal with a dirty heater ball. That doesn't sound fun!

Nice pic @The Chemist. I love the massive clouds this thing pumps out. Seriously insane!

Legalize Weed in GERMANY

Drug War Veteran
The carb hole issue
Let's talk about physical laws condensation happens when warm air hits a cold surface(cold beer can in the summer)
The heater is hotter than the vapor.
I think it should be no problem at all.
I own my Vapbong since beginning October, the only cleaning I did was cleaning the screen by burning it with a jet flame lighter.
I will post some pictures later when I have time for it.
As I already wrote it is more a thing how you "learned it". I was always using the carb hole since I smoke bong.
I am a carb hole user since 1988, hard to change behavior.

Alexis

No problem my dude, I remember you have those metal allergies!

Yeah 7th floor and log vapes have that ceramic resistor core, and I mentioned pages back in this thread, that I thought that would make a really nice heating element for a vapbong too, more purely ceramic... But I have no idea what is or is not possible with those!

The air path should be the materials I mentioned, for the vapbong air will enter the heater ball through the holes around it, and go directly through the center of the sphere. So it is ceramic and the kanthal, plus the stainless steel screen...

There was some discussion of the wires attached to the kanthal, at the end, that go back out and into the power supply, also several pages back in here, it was kind of inconclusive right @stickstones? but consensus was it seems to be fine and secure and safe??

Overall seems to be a pretty simple design, but there's nothing simple about the vapor signature and how hard it hits you! Or how undeniably beautiful these can be!
Mate...I juat remembered one more, and ironically it is how we first introduced here in 2016 I think, when I pm's you about the Lotus, and you very kindly replied.

But...Copper! Copper plate on the Lotus now, as an option anyhow.

And of course I didn't even mention the range of pure glass and quartz vapes earlier.

However, @Shit Snacks my allergies defy explanation.
When you said earlier- about my metal allergies.

I have tried a fair share of different vapes. Virtually all of the real top heavy desktops at least and more.

The Supreme V3, honestly is the only single vape I have used, where I am dead ceftain, that I had a genhine material reaction to the aluminiuim,,by whatever mechanjsm.

But many other vapes, it is the specific,,unique, vape signature which ,y mangled immine system flags as unaceptable, material regardless.

For example, I use my glass, and quartz Elev8r. I can rip it hige hige hits. No apparent vape specific allergy reaction.

However, I tried the Glass Symphony, Clloud Evo, and G43. I could not tolerarte even the lightest, whispiest hits on any of those. Identical materials.

Yet the Elev8r, I can hit heavy as heck and only suffer my standard, unavoidable vapor allergy reaction (hence my love of kava, plus edible use, vapor is more of a supplement.)

I would like tp try the Vapbong actually. We will see! You guys are really selling it to me lol!

SquirrelMaster

Pretty sure I snagged that last Obsidian Vapbong. I really liked the bandits but I worry about the 90 degree arm being a fragile part that sticks out, in my tiny overcrowded space. People just clear the vapor on the carb-less bandits by picking up the loading chamber right?

Im crazy excited for it to arrive, and super satisfied with the deal I was able to get buying from their website. Feels like a steal.
I pre-ordered my carbless VapBandit in Obsidian and Daniel said I got in on the last of that finish so we're kinda like brothers from another mother? It's a beautiful finish and is very different than my B-stock azure (which is a little lighter then the standard azure).
I had to get in on this Vapbong party too so i ordered the Aventurin 3D. I think the colors are a little tame, but that texture is beautiful.
Jaxel posted a video on IG (possible the same one earlier in the thread) that shows the Adventurin 3D moving around in light. Frickin gorgeous! I liked it before but videos really let the beauty of these vapes shine.

View attachment 4037

Yep yep, one way to help with this as well, say you have less wasted vapor, is to keep inhaling (if you can, often this is not possible with the cloudage lol) and kind of crack the bowl ball like an egg as you separate it, to keep the bottom part still semi sealed to the vapor path so you can inhale some of that excess vapor... also adjusting draw a bit.
That works like a charm for me, I'm more worried about that vapour not getting into my lungs! Don't do what I did and suck the little wisps of vapour that leaves the bowl. I only did it once and sucked up some herb :lol:.
because of its heater, huge and heavy ceramic ball. how much it weights?
My VapBong weighed in at 4.20 lbs (which I had to take a picture of) with 300ml of water so right around there depending on the device.

I just want to be sure I can use this vape for as long as it can go. I love both of these vapes and when they're gonna eventually stop working I'm gonna be heartbroken. Sure I can buy another one but each one is unique... and expensive! For me it's now part of the ritual to remove the bowl and stir between each hit and I'm not bothered by the little bit of vapor that escape from the bowl, it adds to the ambience and the experience.
I'm pretty sure Art of Vapor sells replacement heaters which is really good to know. I found them by accident before but with the site change I can't access them anymore.

The Chemist

Ok I think it's time for me to give the Vapbong and the One Arm Bandit the proper review they deserve.

I've been interested in the Vapbong since I discovered this thread last spring. At first it was because of the photos of the vape, each one was so beautiful that I couldn't look away. Then I started to read the thread, everybody who bought one always seems to be in love with this vape so I decided to get one and see it for myself. I received my Obsidian Vapbong at the end of July and I quickly understood why everybody loves it.

First of all just look at it:
20201202_105116.jpg
This is what I call a work of art. This is the pinnacle of artisan vape, completely hand made, every vape is unique, and the level of creativity is off the chart. Since it's hand made every vape is gonna be a little different from each other, the shape, the size and the height can all be different. I haven't talked about the finish of the vape yet, the glaze on these is beautiful and you're sure to find one (or five) that match your taste. Again the glaze is hand made so the colors and the pattern they create are gonna be unique to your Vapbong. It's obvious with my vape when you compare the glaze with the photos of other Obsidian vapes like on the Art of Vapor site that my glaze is different, I love the color by the way, no complaint here.

These vapes feels solid and durable. The sides are thick and I'm not worried about breaking the vape, in fact I dropped the bowl of my Bandit from my desk to the hardwood floor and it didn't break (I don't want to repeat the experience because my heart stopped when it happened). Each bowl is made to fit perfectly with the vape when it's made so you can't mix it with another vape, I tried to mix the bowl from my vapes and the fit wasn't even close, if you break the bowl you are in trouble. The Vapbong weight is 3.66 lb and the Bandit is 3.40 lb both with 3/4 of a cup of water in them, this means it's best to leave the vape on the table when hitting it otherwise your arms will get tired really fast. The Vapbong is just the right height to use on the living room table while watching TV and the Bandit was made to be at the computer desk. The only thing negative I can say is about the power cord, it's really stiff so you'll have to fight with it to go where you want it to go, also the dial on the power supply can be finicky but that's about it.

The heater on this vape is really something else and can deliver enough steam to power a locomotive. The trick is the size of the heater that can store all the heat produced and release all of it when you need it. This means you're gonna have almost instant vapor, lots of it and it's gonna be like this for the whole session even with quick successive hits. The second trick this heater got up it's sleeve is the open airflow it can provide, not a lot of vapes or water pipes can deliver vapor with almost no restriction. When you inhale with this vape you can go as fast as you want and you will end up with lungs full of vapor. In my case I usually hit it for 5-6 seconds then I remove the bowl and clear the chamber, the results are always a wall of vapor. The vapor quality is excellent, it's a nice balance between the volume of vapor and the taste of it. The vapor is also not too harsh because the air path is completely made of clay and the only metal present in there are the kanthal wire in the heater and the screen in the bowl. The water bring a bit of humidity and filtration to the mix. This is one of the vapes that made me realize I needed to re-evaluate what vapes I use and the way I use them because when I use the Vapbong I don't cough excessively or spend the rest of the evening with a discomfort in my chest. I use the vape at 10.7V so it's not too hot for my lungs and the effect are enough to put me to sleep. The vapor produced is really potent and with the quantity you're gonna inhale you are sure to go into orbit in no time.

Clean up is easy to do, I change my water every couple of days and I do a quick iso rinse every week or so just to prevent built up. I cover the heater and the plug at the end of the cord in a plastic bag and I close it with a rubber band to be sure that no water will get in there. Remember when I said the cord was stiff, this is the moment that you'll realize how much it can be a pain in the ass, so I got tired of it and I just use a bag to protect it. The vape is heavy so the shaking part with the iso is also gonna count as exercise for your arm. After I just rinse with water to remove all trace of iso and I'm done.

Lets talk about the carb hole for a minute. Both my vapes have one and I wasn't sure what to think about it. Since I now clear the chamber by removing the bowl (you can go on the previous page, I explained this in the post #1049). I do not need the carb hole but I always end up using it anyway, it all comes down to the way I use all of my vapes. First of all I always keep a hand on my vapes or water pipes when I take a hit just to make sure they don't move or tip over, so the whole one handed removal of the bowl won't happen and since I already have a hand on the vape why not plug the hole with my finger? Secondly when I remove the bowl I keep the carb hole closed, I inhale a little bit to clear the downstem and then unplug the hole. This gives a break to my lungs since the vapor is easier to pull if it bypass the water. I used to think I wouldn't mind if the vape had no carb hole but I've changed my mind, it does a difference for me. The only time I really wish the carb hole wasn't there is when I clean the vape, it's one more place where the water will flow so I need to plug the hole to avoid a mess. It's more of a problem with the Vapbong since the hole is bigger and the water can get out from three place at the same time. With the Bandit the water will only come out the mouthpiece if you are careful and the carb hole is on the other side so no risk of spillage.

Last edited:

The Chemist

Now it's time for the main event: Vapbong VS One Arm Bandit

You already saw the first contestant, lets take a look at the other one:
20201202_130813.jpg
(I love to use this VGoodiez moodmat with the Bandit, it looks like the Bandit would be right at home in this sci-fi universe)

Ok so a lot of people have asked what's the difference between these two vapes and the answer is not a lot, but I do have a favorite. It's the same heater so same vapor production, same bowl so same capacity for your herb. The difference is the size of the air chamber in the bong and the mouthpiece. The Vapbong has a bigger air chamber so this means more air to suck before you start to get some vapor, this also means your lungs are gonna have to work harder, not a lot, but you'll have to work more for your vapor than with the Bandit. In the end my lungs have the last word, so my favorite is the Bandit. The mouthpiece is gonna be a matter of personal preference I think, but in my case the Bandit wins again. For me it's easier to draw on the Bandit, I think it's the angle of the mouthpiece and the way it help me to inhale a lot of air without restriction. I think the way I have to hit the Bandit opens my airway completely and my lungs get full in a matters of seconds, I already observed this with the Verdamper, it's almost as if the air fills up my lung too fast and when I stop after 5-6 seconds I'm full to the brim. With the Vapbong my head is down, my throat is less open, I can feel my lungs aren't getting the same amount of vapor. If I hit both vapes at 10.7V I need to speed up my inhalation on the Bandit otherwise my herb will get a hot spot and get close to combustion. At first I thought the heater was stronger on the Bandit, each heater is gonna be different since it's hand made, but now I know that if I don't inhale at full speed it's bad news. Both these vapes are amazing you won't regret your purchase I can assure you.

Quick tips:
-Be careful when you move the vape with the bowl on it, it can fall if you do sudden movement, this is how I tested the solidity of my bowl when it fell on the floor.
-Remove the bowl when you go to change the water, nothing worst than breaking the bowl when going to the kitchen.
-Put the vape on a mat so it can't slide easily on your table
-Be careful of the heater, it's big and hot. At 10.7V the top of the heater reads 256F so don't touch it and don't put it too close to something else since the heat radiating from it can be felt from a distance. For example don't put it too close to your computer screen, this is why I recommend to put it on a mat so you can't move it without realizing it.
-If you leave the bowl on the vape it will get hot, depending on the setting it can be uncomfortable to the touch. At 10.7V my bowl is at 124F. Remember that tolerance to heat will not be the same for everybody.
-I put a layer of bubble hash on the screen and it taste so good, one of the best vape I've used with hash. Don't use something that will melt easily or use a concentrate pad to put your hash on.
-The bowl can roll very easily so use a tray to put the bowl in when you fill it up, it will also protect the table from the hot bowl.

Who is this vaporizer for?
Well if you already have a couple of other vapes and you're looking for a desktop heavy hitter this is a perfect choice.
If you want a vape that you can put on display for everyone to see, this is a work of art that can get you high after all so why would you hide it in a cabinet?
If you want a vape that you can leave on for a long period of time and don't have to worry about starting a fire in your house. The vape is so heavy I'm not worried about it tipping over even if I have a cat in the house. (By the way did you spot him in the first photo?)

All in all the Vapbong and the One Arm Bandit are amazing, beautiful, creative and unique vapes in the vaporizer world. Art of vapor is a name that's gonna be known for a long time for the quality of their work and the effects it can give to you.

Last edited:

justcametomind

I’m struggling against hotspots, I tried with stronger pulls as many suggested and lowered temp from 11.0 to 10.4. Slow pussy hits and same cloudy hit as if I did fast pull at 11.0.
As someone suggested, I tried also pressing down the weed on top of the screen but probably 50mg is not enough weed for that and get hot spots regardless.
I think with my style of pulling I should experiment with even lower than 10.0 V.

The Chemist

@The Chemist nice review! One question for you - when you say you run at 10.7v, is that what you initially set it at, or is that where it ends up after heat soaking?
10.7V is the voltage after the heat soak. Not too hot for the lungs but enough for monster clouds!

I’m struggling against hotspots, I tried with stronger pulls as many suggested and lowered temp from 11.0 to 10.4. Slow pussy hits and same cloudy hit as if I did fast pull at 11.0.
As someone suggested, I tried also pressing down the weed on top of the screen but probably 50mg is not enough weed for that and get hot spots regardless.
I think with my style of pulling I should experiment with even lower than 10.0 V.
I had some trouble with the Bandit when I got it too. When I got it I used the same voltage as my Vapbong at 10.7V and I almost combusted. I tried lowering the voltage and got as low as 9.50V before I stopped having hot spot issue. It was then I realized my problem was the speed of my inhalation, when I use a convection vape I always slow down the speed I inhale so that the hot air can stay longer in the bowl and extract more of the goodies. But if I do that with the Bandit I get a hot spot after 5 seconds so I just inhale faster. I'm now back at 10.7V on the Bandit but if I take a little bit more than 6 seconds to inhale I get a hot spot. I think the low quantity you are using might not be enough to produce the cloud you are after but it's still enough herb to create the hot spot. The best advice I can give you is try different things, play with the voltage, the speed of draw and the quantity of herb until you get a result you like then you'll be able to scale it back to the quantity you want.

Shit Snacks

Yes do try lower, and how are you grinding? Using only one herb of variety at the moment? What is the consistency of it? Are you using a clean screen? How much water could be another thing, but I would focus on the load first as well as power as you already are... Could share some photos?

I did test with some low quantities, medium ground, not too moist even, packed down, you can still get really thick clouds, but it's more like one or two hitter bowls then...

The Chemist

Amazing write up @The Chemist !! I definitely feel that restriction from the Vapbong bending over to take a pull. My pathway is restricted for sure but I found a good height with my desk chair. I now have a wonderful reason for a Bandit. 😂
All you need is a good reason and suddenly VAS isn't a problem anymore. :D

GoldenBud

All you need is a good reason and suddenly VAS isn't a problem anymore. :D
HHVAS. Huge Heaters VAS. because your tolerence... just need some kick :goon:
@kimura seeing you going from lotus/beaded elev8r to vapbong is like seeing a beginner goes from dynavap M to Lotus. the head are getting wider, new properties of highness

Top Bottom