Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Vapefanatic

It arrived today! Unoboxed it and immediately started heat soaking it. Wow, everything everyone has said is true. This might be a game ender.
-The taste is much better than I expected
-the draughts are simple and massive, insane
-Heat up time was around 10-15 minutes
-curve is non existent because it's so easy/similar to hitting a bong

I got the cosmic blue but, it's insane, to the naked eye, it's fricking purple! In the best way possible, it plays tricks on ya. I can't get over the glaze, it's so beautiful. Great craftsmanship, it's art. I just wish someone could actually see what color it is! 😂 @Shit Snacks, It's almost the plum in the minimal glaze parts. It's perfect.
That is so freaking beautiful!

Envious that you guys literally got zero learning curve. It took me quite a few bowls to reach what I call acceptable. I can clear about as much as a Mighty filled bowl in 3 draws at 10.6 fully heatsoaked. I don't play with temps no more and just control inhalation speed if I wanna crank up the heat. Result has been nice even abv, that I'd definitely say extracts better than my Volcano.

Couldn't have done it without you guys!

Legalize Weed in GERMANY

Drug War Veteran
even when the whole "ball" is not hot it produces such monster clouds? even without heat soaking?
If you mean with ball the heater it has to be heat soaked well, otherwise the experience will not be satisfying.
How I use the Vapbong.
I turn it on just plugging it in with the same Voltage setting as I unplugged it yesterday bowl is not on my Vapbong while I am heating it up. Then make ☕ or do other things come back 30+ minutes fill the bowl no heat soaking of the bowl and start vaping. The first one or 2 hits have not these intense ☁, but then I get what I want good vapor production. As I wrote before I take several hard hits in series using the carb hole after that the bowl is warm/hot like a fresh filled cup of coffee. I am not a connoisseur like "I taste here some pine and so on" I like good tasting weed that is potent that's all. I am sure every new owner will find his way or ritual to get the most fun, taste, big clouds ☁ high/stoned/medication of this masterpiece.

Alexis

Got the pleasure to spend the evening with the Bandit yesterday and I'm in love all over again! I need to experiment more with it before I make a final call but my first impression is a good one. I want to take my time with the Bandit before I write my review and compare it to the Vapbong. So far I can say this is the perfect vape to hit at the computer desk, just the right height for me.

This is what the first exhibit in my future museum looks like:

View attachment 3915
Hey mate literally just out of curiosity and because I trust your own discerning powers for some reason what would your thoughts be on the overall potency and high and hard hitting affect potential of this device compared to the verdamper which you also enjoy?

Sorry I wouldn't put you on the spot about that but I've been genuinely curious for some time about this and you will clearly be perfectly qualified to to answer this I imagine.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It arrived today! Unoboxed it and immediately started heat soaking it. Wow, everything everyone has said is true. This might be a game ender.
-The taste is much better than I expected
-the draughts are simple and massive, insane
-Heat up time was around 10-15 minutes
-curve is non existent because it's so easy/similar to hitting a bong

I got the cosmic blue but, it's insane, to the naked eye, it's fricking purple! In the best way possible, it plays tricks on ya. I can't get over the glaze, it's so beautiful. Great craftsmanship, it's art. I just wish someone could actually see what color it is! 😂 @Shit Snacks, It's almost the plum in the minimal glaze parts. It's perfect.

Awesome dude! I wonder what glaze is underneath the black cobblestone, you never know what will happen with the chemistry, but it could be tahiti grape since I'm pretty sure the cosmic purple had plum jelly underneath...

SquirrelMaster

Cleaned the VapBong for the first time today - I think the maintenance routine should be pretty easy with this vape!

I cleaned the downstem with an iso wipe. Poured a little iso into the bong and gave it a gentle swish before rinsing with water. I used a bottle brush dunked in iso (followed by water) to clean the neck and inside the chamber. The bowl was dunked in iso and thoroughly rinsed. The 3/4" replacement screens I picked up fit perfectly!

That's pretty much it. You need to be mindful of the cord/heater while cleaning of course, but you could always cover the heater in plastic wrap as an extra precaution. My unit wasn't very dirty after 10 days of daily use, and I'll probably go longer between cleanings moving forward. I change the water daily.

Anyone else have some good cleaning tips?

That's what I do as well for cleaning but I really need to pick up a bottle cleaning brush, so I'm not shaking the thing around so much. I've been better for changing my water more often lately but I really shouldn't let it go past 2 or 3 days for hygienic reasons.

@Vapefanatic

Your Yadro looks great! I fill my lungs in about 6 seconds which has been good to me for less hot spotting. I also remove the ball after every hit and give a shake between every 1 to 3 draws.

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
Edit: had the usual compulsive look at the shop. Vapbong obsidian is not longer available
Pretty sure I snagged that last Obsidian Vapbong. I really liked the bandits but I worry about the 90 degree arm being a fragile part that sticks out, in my tiny overcrowded space. People just clear the vapor on the carb-less bandits by picking up the loading chamber right?

Im crazy excited for it to arrive, and super satisfied with the deal I was able to get buying from their website. Feels like a steal.

MikeRotchHertz

I had to get in on this Vapbong party too so i ordered the Aventurin 3D. I think the colors are a little tame, but that texture is beautiful.

Really is pretty awesome that you can apply the discount to a preorder not due until January. Had i known they were this affordable shipped from Germany i would have already had one.

The waiting is the hardest part

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Very very happy to see the success of the VB and this thread!

Back in March when I got my woodland fantasy unit, AoV was rather unknown with only a couple pages on FC over the last years. Its been almost 9 months since I received the VB and I've seen this vape and sales of it explode! Can't help but be very excited and glad to be one of the original hypemen alongside Bornfree and Siebter among others. This thing kicks ass!

To any of you with hesitation, I fully, fully recommend it! Endgame desktop achieved.

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
I had to get in on this Vapbong party too so i ordered the Aventurin 3D. I think the colors are a little tame, but that texture is beautiful.

Really is pretty awesome that you can apply the discount to a preorder not due until January. Had i known they were this affordable shipped from Germany i would have already had one.

The waiting is the hardest part
The aventurin glaze is actually bonkers in the sunlight, there is a video a few pages back. I've got a month or two until my obsidian classic arrives so there is plenty of time to scan the threads, my questions have already been answered it seems.

Its making me a little crazy though. The crackled double glazed vapbongs are so attractive, damn the Art of Vapor for making a functional item so beautiful! I thought shit snacks and the rest of the multi-vapbong-aires were either filthy rich or insane, but now before receiving my first I am itching for a 2nd.

Been exclusively ripping my volcano with big 50:50 thc:hemp flower bowls, 2-4 grams throughout the day when I get home from work, to assuage my feverish anticipation. This 2 gram bowl is getting stuffed. Also its helping me kick alcohol.

MikeRotchHertz

The aventurin glaze is actually bonkers in the sunlight, there is a video a few pages back. I've got a month or two until my obsidian classic arrives so there is plenty of time to scan the threads, my questions have already been answered it seems.

Its making me a little crazy though. The crackled double glazed vapbongs are so attractive, damn the Art of Vapor for making a functional item so beautiful! I thought shit snacks and the rest of the multi-vapbong-aires were either filthy rich or insane, but now before receiving my first I am itching for a 2nd.

Been exclusively ripping my volcano with big 50:50 thc:hemp flower bowls, 2-4 grams throughout the day when I get home from work, to assuage my feverish anticipation. This 2 gram bowl is getting stuffed. Also its helping me kick alcohol.
Watching that video helped solidify the purchase for me. Obsidian was my next choice, but i didn't see they had a preorder for January for it until after i ordered. Thank God or i probably would have had more decision anxiety.

It's really easy to see purchases as excessive until you become that guy. Now i spend all my time justifying the purchases i made and can sleep at night no problem. But then again that's probably due to the nature of all my purchases. :lol:

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
Hey mate literally just out of curiosity and because I trust your own discerning powers for some reason what would your thoughts be on the overall potency and high and hard hitting affect potential of this device compared to the verdamper which you also enjoy?

Sorry I wouldn't put you on the spot about that but I've been genuinely curious for some time about this and you will clearly be perfectly qualified to to answer this I imagine.
No problem @Alexis, I'm happy to answer your questions. Full disclosure I have used the Vapbong a lot more than the Verdamper but I can say they are a lot alike. I've had the Vapbong before my Verdamper, when I used the Verdamper for the first time the first thing that came to my mind was how open the airflow was and how much it reminded me of the Vapbong I'm also gonna put the Vapbong and the One Arm Bandit together since there's not a lot of difference between these two, I'm gonna do a full review of those two vapes this week if I can.

First thing is the open airflow, nothing can beat these two vape when airflow is concerned, my lungs are full of vapor in 5-6 seconds and I exhale gigantic clouds each time, even on the first inhalation. Now that I think about it the vapor production on the Vapbong is faster, with the Verdamper you have to inhale longer before you can get vapor in your lungs because of the air volume the water pipe has inside (I have the big 2000ml water pipe).

The heater on both vapes is powerful enough to extract everything in the herb very quickly and they are big enough to store a lot of heat so you won't see a big drop in performance if you hit it for a long time or in quick succession.

As for comparing the potency and the high it's gonna be a little more difficult. First of all I've not push the Vapbong past 10.7V so I don't know what this vape can do at full power. Also when you use the Verdamper you need a lot of herb to cover the screen in the massive bowl, so of course the high will be stronger. The way I see it the Vapbong can do what the Verdamper could do if it could do smaller loads of herb. The problem with the Vapbong is that if you raise the heat or fill the bowl too much you raise the risk of having a heat spot and burn your herb. But even if I don't push the Vapbong to the max I'm more than satisfied with it's performance, at the end of the day the only thing that matters for me in a vape is if it can help me sleep and the Vapbong can put me in a coma.

The final thing is vapor quality and for this one I'm gonna hold my judgement because I'm trying to change the way I hit my vapes. Before I was all about the high temps and the biggest cloud I could produce but my lungs were not happy about it I think. The end results was always the same, lots of coughing and shortness of breath. I also think I have a sensitivity to heated metals because some vapes are easier to use than some for my lungs. The Vapbong pass the test for me, the vapor taste good, not too harsh, I will cough once or twice after a hit and nothing more, so my chest doesn't feel oppressed like before. I've not used the Verdamper since I've changed my methods, I remember lots of coughing but I don't remember if it was simply because I took a hit too massive, so I need to come back to it and do some test to see if it's causing me problems or not.

Fun fact: I've only tried to use both of these vape in the same evening one time to compare the airflow on them and they kicked my ass so hard you have no idea. It was on election night and I slept like a baby!

kimura

I have found that if i tamp down the load pretty good, hot spotting is not an issue. And thanks to the wide open airflow, the added restriction from tamping is negligible.

Really love this vape. I usually only use it at the end of the day and it never fails to cut through any tolerance I have built up throughout the day.

Last edited:

passenger

is this thing on?
[...] I'm also gonna put the Vapbong and the One Arm Bandit together since there's not a lot of difference between these two, I'm gonna do a full review of those two vapes this week if I can
Please do. It's a bit stunning, this thread - I am having HIGH expectations inbetween concerning the Vapbong / Bandit. I find it interesting that this vape is around for quite a while and now really took off. And I'm only reading good stuff. Is the new power supply already a thing yet by the way?

Shit Snacks

Pretty sure I snagged that last Obsidian Vapbong. I really liked the bandits but I worry about the 90 degree arm being a fragile part that sticks out, in my tiny overcrowded space. People just clear the vapor on the carb-less bandits by picking up the loading chamber right?

The arm of the bandit is not actually 90 degrees, also it is not at all fragile, same thick ceramic, there is really nothing about any of these that feels fragile honestly! Damn I love glazed ceramic (and yes I clear any vapbong/bandit by removing the ball bowl and keeping the carb covered)

To be fair, I am most definitely insane, and very fortunate that I could afford these beastly beauties! The first one I got was actually the second hand and as cheap as possible, but that is what enticed me to pay full price for one of the first classic bandits, and that encouraged me to jump in on this sale for my carbless bandit too! Yeah and all the glazes, aside from art designs, that makes me want to have several lol

Please do. It's a bit stunning, this thread - I am having HIGH expectations inbetween concerning the Vapbong / Bandit. I find it interesting that this vape is around for quite a while and now really took off. And I'm only reading good stuff. Is the new power supply already a thing yet by the way?

Of course it is not perfect, but it is very unique and effective, really ups the game for gorgeous handcraft, without any wood for once! But no, there is no new power supply, they said they were working on one earlier, we shall see in the new year perhaps!

Legalize Weed in GERMANY

Drug War Veteran
I find it interesting that this vape is around for quite a while and now really took off
Small company no advertising except YouTube videos and very rare reviews from "social media vapers" kept this vape under the radar.
The fact that it still exists and now is starting to take off is a sign for me that it must be good.
A crappie product can only survive this long with massive advertising.
Just my theory

Alexis

No problem @Alexis, I'm happy to answer your questions. Full disclosure I have used the Vapbong a lot more than the Verdamper but I can say they are a lot alike. I've had the Vapbong before my Verdamper, when I used the Verdamper for the first time the first thing that came to my mind was how open the airflow was and how much it reminded me of the Vapbong I'm also gonna put the Vapbong and the One Arm Bandit together since there's not a lot of difference between these two, I'm gonna do a full review of those two vapes this week if I can.

First thing is the open airflow, nothing can beat these two vape when airflow is concerned, my lungs are full of vapor in 5-6 seconds and I exhale gigantic clouds each time, even on the first inhalation. Now that I think about it the vapor production on the Vapbong is faster, with the Verdamper you have to inhale longer before you can get vapor in your lungs because of the air volume the water pipe has inside (I have the big 2000ml water pipe).

The heater on both vapes is powerful enough to extract everything in the herb very quickly and they are big enough to store a lot of heat so you won't see a big drop in performance if you hit it for a long time or in quick succession.

As for comparing the potency and the high it's gonna be a little more difficult. First of all I've not push the Vapbong past 10.7V so I don't know what this vape can do at full power. Also when you use the Verdamper you need a lot of herb to cover the screen in the massive bowl, so of course the high will be stronger. The way I see it the Vapbong can do what the Verdamper could do if it could do smaller loads of herb. The problem with the Vapbong is that if you raise the heat or fill the bowl too much you raise the risk of having a heat spot and burn your herb. But even if I don't push the Vapbong to the max I'm more than satisfied with it's performance, at the end of the day the only thing that matters for me in a vape is if it can help me sleep and the Vapbong can put me in a coma.

The final thing is vapor quality and for this one I'm gonna hold my judgement because I'm trying to change the way I hit my vapes. Before I was all about the high temps and the biggest cloud I could produce but my lungs were not happy about it I think. The end results was always the same, lots of coughing and shortness of breath. I also think I have a sensitivity to heated metals because some vapes are easier to use than some for my lungs. The Vapbong pass the test for me, the vapor taste good, not too harsh, I will cough once or twice after a hit and nothing more, so my chest doesn't feel oppressed like before. I've not used the Verdamper since I've changed my methods, I remember lots of coughing but I don't remember if it was simply because I took a hit too massive, so I need to come back to it and do some test to see if it's causing me problems or not.

Fun fact: I've only tried to use both of these vape in the same evening one time to compare the airflow on them and they kicked my ass so hard you have no idea. It was on election night and I slept like a baby!
Hi and sincere thanks for that considerate, articulate, thorough and very intetesting reply.

I felt it was a worthy comparison. I know vape comparisons are discouraged in specific threads, even scorned upon. But we all do it, openly, and in our heads.

If comparing different vaporizers for their individual features, weaknesses, sttengths and traits, didn't exist, to say, FC simply wouldn't be what it is.

Your report was very interesting to me, and all resonates and fits perfectly with my intuition, expectation, and imagination.

The Verdamper, you're dead right, just to begin with, the perfect analogy actually- is like picking up a tug-of-war rope.

But once you are in gear, it's effortless and you can easily miss the breaks.

The Vapbong, how you describe it, is like somebody handing you the rope, slack taken up. So that is a useful consideration and distinction.

It may well be that the absence of any metal in the Vapbong makes it slightly friendlier to your own, and other's lungs. So hard to be really objective about these things sometimes.

But as you say, you were hitting the Verdamper pretty hard, relatively big loads. Which is kind of, the only real way to use that vape, by design.

The Vapbong, a bit more flexibility there, regarding the optional variables of load size, temp setting, draw technique etc. I can see the appeal in that.

You certainly know and judge your vapes extremely well @The Chemist hence my natural burning curiosity just had to ask, and again huge appreciation for your response.

Now...Verdamper AND Vapbong together...on election night....just what we all should have bern doing, IMO lol! ☺

thunderstealer1337

I'll leave you with this, every first hit off a fresh bowl gives me a headchange, just like taking a .1 bowl to the face via combustion through a bong. Then I still get like 5 more pulls afterward, no other vape has such smooth vapor where you have no idea till you exhale how efficient it is, nor has any other vape given me a headchange like this one on the very first green hit

Shit Snacks

It may well be that the absence of any metal in the Vapbong makes it slightly friendlier to your own, and other's lungs.

Not sure if you are a mistaken, confused, or misspoke here, there is indeed metal in the vapbong... The heating element is kanthal wire wrapped around a ceramic tube as the core inside the ceramic heater ball... Plus the stainless steel mesh screens of course!

Speaking of, I got my 3/4 screens from @Delta3DStudios btw, pack of 25 for I think $1.75?? I ordered a bunch of things from him together so I cannot remember lol anyway they are very nice rigid screens!

Alexis

Not sure if you are a mistaken, confused, or misspoke here, there is indeed metal in the vapbong... The heating element is kanthal wire wrapped around a ceramic tube as the core inside the ceramic heater ball... Plus the stainless steel mesh screens of course!

Speaking of, I got my 3/4 screens from @Delta3DStudios btw, pack of 25 for I think $1.75?? I ordered a bunch of things from him together so I cannot remember lol anyway they are very nice rigid screens!
Yes you are correct, and I appreciate you clarifying that for me. I was unsure to be honest, my allergies stop me even considering a Vapbong until after my reincarnation lol (ticket number 536 atm!)

So I haven't ascertained exactly what materials are in the Vapbong airpath.

I think SSV and LSV may be fully ceramic encased metal, but again I'm naturally foggy on these things.

Most vapes have some type of metal in the heating element and pathway, be it SS, Ti, or aluminium.

Thanks again for the claryfication on that point. 👍

Shit Snacks

Yes you are correct, and I appreciate you clarifying that for me. I was unsure to be honest, my allergies stop me even considering a Vapbong until after my reincarnation lol (ticket number 536 atm!)

So I haven't ascertained exactly what materials are in the Vapbong airpath.

I think SSV and LSV may be fully ceramic encased metal, but again I'm naturally foggy on these things.

Most vapes have some type of metal in the heating element and pathway, be it SS, Ti, or aluminium.

Thanks again for the claryfication on that point. 👍

No problem my dude, I remember you have those metal allergies!

Yeah 7th floor and log vapes have that ceramic resistor core, and I mentioned pages back in this thread, that I thought that would make a really nice heating element for a vapbong too, more purely ceramic... But I have no idea what is or is not possible with those!

The air path should be the materials I mentioned, for the vapbong air will enter the heater ball through the holes around it, and go directly through the center of the sphere. So it is ceramic and the kanthal, plus the stainless steel screen...

There was some discussion of the wires attached to the kanthal, at the end, that go back out and into the power supply, also several pages back in here, it was kind of inconclusive right @stickstones? but consensus was it seems to be fine and secure and safe??

Overall seems to be a pretty simple design, but there's nothing simple about the vapor signature and how hard it hits you! Or how undeniably beautiful these can be!

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
The arm of the bandit is not actually 90 degrees, also it is not at all fragile, same thick ceramic, there is really nothing about any of these that feels fragile honestly!
This is encouraging to hear! Sometime next year I'll be on the search for a cracked glaze bandit, I think it would suit my 90° reclined vaping style more. As well as be a beautiful unique piece in my collection. Gotta give them time to make more, and I'm sure the glazes will continue to be stunning.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
No problem my dude, I remember you have those metal allergies!

Yeah 7th floor and log vapes have that ceramic resistor core, and I mentioned pages back in this thread, that I thought that would make a really nice heating element for a vapbong too, more purely ceramic... But I have no idea what is or is not possible with those!

The air path should be the materials I mentioned, for the vapbong air will enter the heater ball through the holes around it, and go directly through the center of the sphere. So it is ceramic and the kanthal, plus the stainless steel screen...

There was some discussion of the wires attached to the kanthal, at the end, that go back out and into the power supply, also several pages back in here, it was kind of inconclusive right @stickstones? but consensus was it seems to be fine and secure and safe??

Overall seems to be a pretty simple design, but there's nothing simple about the vapor signature and how hard it hits you! Or how undeniably beautiful these can be!

We had communication hiccups that I didn't get back to (my fault), but they were very responsive. My only concern was if there was any wire insulation in the heating chamber. Other than that, there's nothing to go wrong. Kanthal isn't my fave wire, but it works fine here.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I just took a nice little photo that shows exactly why you want to remove the bowl after each hit. You can also see the power of the Bandit and the speed it can produce vapor.

20201201_180205.jpg

What you're seeing is what happens each time I remove the bowl after my hit. There's always a lot of vapor created from all the heat still in the bowl and if you leave the bowl on the vape this vapor will have nowhere to go but in the heater. Over time this will cause problems since it gonna be difficult to clean, it could cause some problems with the heater itself and break the vape.

What if I told you I took this photo after hitting the Bandit at 10.7V and I have it on since yesterday, so the heater is heat soaked to the max. The bowl wasn't pre-heated before and I used about 0.25g of herb. This was on my first inhale and I removed the bowl after 6 seconds. I inhaled fast and my lungs were full when I was done. You can still see the trail of vapor starting from the Bandit to the bowl and on the exhale I couldn't see the screen of my computer anymore! This vape is a monster!

Top Bottom