The Ultimate Clean Portable Convection Vaporizer

kalel

I have to say this forum has an amazing array of people with experiences, expertise and knowledge on the topic of vaping. Some of you OG's are like wine connoisseurs. You have a nose for what is good and bad.

Having a background in software and app development. I love the challenge of creating and like many of you, we are always in search of the holy grail. Can it be made? Will it be made? Has it already been made? Either way...I'm considering making my own dry herb and concentrate vaporizer because while what I've seen on the market is really good, there are some devices that are missing a few things, or one will have a few issues, etc. ( too heavy, too bulky, too hot, too small, to large, lack of color, not healthy enough, breaks after x uses, battery sucks, building material is unhealthy, no isolated path, clunky, not slick, not discreet, etc )

I've been looking at what would be required, and what users might want in terms of style, functionality and options, and I've boiled it down to a few things. Please let me know if I have left anything out, or anything you would be interested in seeing or you don't think is important or shouldn't have.

DELIVERABLES

- Convection/on-demand Vaporizer ( discreet or not)
- Charger
- Rechargeable / replaceable Battery
- Glass or ceramic mouthpiece
- Concentrate pad
- Cleaning kit
- Owners manual

CUSTOMER SERVICE

- email support
- phone support

WARRANTY

- 2 years

PURCHASE OPTIONS

- Credit card
- e transfer if in Canada

MATERIALS OF VAPE

- lightweight but durable encasing
- ceramic, stainless steel and glass

FEATURES

Lights indicator for on and off
Lights indicator for temp changes
Battery life indicator
Haptic feedback
Auto shut off
Temp control presets
On and off switch
Pass through capability
Cooling path
Bluetooth capability?
Isolated path
Reduce or eliminate stirring
Long battery life (8 to 12 hours or longer?)
Different color options
Making the vaporizer discreet ( look like something else or not)?

Away you go folks. If you wish to add, subtract or throw in your 2 cents by all means. (I.e I think it should have this, or it shouldn't have that, or consider this, or make sure it's not like that, or you forgot this).

Mods, I hope you don't mind this thread. Searched the rules but didn't find anything. Feel free to move, close , remove or contact me. Thanks guys.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I try to avoid battery powered vapes, but for out and about use it can sometimes be unavoidable. But if I'm going to use a battery powered vape, I would prefer only a vape with user swappable batteries that I can swap on the fly if the battery gets low, instead of having to wait for the vape to charge.

Ramahs,

kalel

I try to avoid battery powered vapes, but for out and about use it can sometimes be unavoidable. But if I'm going to use a battery powered vape, I would prefer only a vape with user swappable batteries that I can swap on the fly if the battery gets low, instead of having to wait for the vape to charge.

Great points.

Is there a specific reason you avoid battery powered vapes ( cost, concern, they drain too quick?)

Some portable vapes have their own proprietary batteries vs ones you can purchase anywhere. I gather when you do use batteries you prefer being able to purchase them anywhere so you aren't left in a bind waiting on batteries from a company.

kalel,
Reactions: Ramahs

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
You should get some of the on demand convection portables folks have recommended in your other Ask FC thread and familiarize yourself first hand. Your FEATURES, MATERIALS, and DELIVERABLES read more like a glossary of vape terms. When you know more about how the most popular or successful devices perform you'll be in a better position to have an informed exchange about designing and producing something new or different.

kalel

One problem, one persons holy grail is another persons hell.
Everyone has different priority's in a vape.
For me size and stealth is important.

I totally agree. That's the beauty of this. Your feedback is important. So when you refer to stealth are you thinking along the size of the grasshopper, the dynavap or something else that is larger?

You should get some of the on demand convection portables folks have recommended in your other Ask FC thread and familiarize yourself first hand. Your FEATURES, MATERIALS, and DELIVERABLES read more like a glossary of vape terms. When you know more about how the most popular or successful devices perform you'll be in a better position to have an informed exchange about designing and producing something new or different.

You are very right. I have owned 2, but have purchased another 3 today that are recommended. Feel free to share what is the one you like the most and why.

kalel,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
You are very right. I have owned 2, but have purchased another 3 today that are recommended. Feel free to share what is the one you like the most and why.
You have recommendations in your other thread including mine which is for the Splinter and Splinter Z, ideally paired with a DNAc mod.

bossman,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I have to say this forum has an amazing array of people with experiences, expertise and knowledge on the topic of vaping. Some of you OG's are like wine connoisseurs. You have a nose for what is good and bad.

Having a background in software and app development. I love the challenge of creating and like many of you, we are always in search of the holy grail. Can it be made? Will it be made? Has it already been made? Either way...I'm considering making my own dry herb and concentrate vaporizer because while what I've seen on the market is really good, there are some devices that are missing a few things, or one will have a few issues, etc. ( too heavy, too bulky, too hot, too small, to large, lack of color, not healthy enough, breaks after x uses, battery sucks, building material is unhealthy, no isolated path, clunky, not slick, not discreet, etc )

I've been looking at what would be required, and what users might want in terms of style, functionality and options, and I've boiled it down to a few things. Please let me know if I have left anything out, or anything you would be interested in seeing or you don't think is important or shouldn't have.

DELIVERABLES

- Convection/on-demand Vaporizer ( discreet or not)
- Charger
- Rechargeable / replaceable Battery
- Glass or ceramic mouthpiece
- Concentrate pad
- Cleaning kit
- Owners manual

CUSTOMER SERVICE

- email support
- phone support

WARRANTY

- 2 years

PURCHASE OPTIONS

- Credit card
- e transfer if in Canada

MATERIALS OF VAPE

- lightweight but durable encasing
- ceramic, stainless steel and glass

FEATURES

Lights indicator for on and off
Lights indicator for temp changes
Battery life indicator
Haptic feedback
Auto shut off
Temp control presets
On and off switch
Pass through capability
Cooling path
Bluetooth capability?
Isolated path
Reduce or eliminate stirring
Long battery life (8 to 12 hours or longer?)
Different color options
Making the vaporizer discreet ( look like something else or not)?

Away you go folks. If you wish to add, subtract or throw in your 2 cents by all means. (I.e I think it should have this, or it shouldn't have that, or consider this, or make sure it's not like that, or you forgot this).

Mods, I hope you don't mind this thread. Searched the rules but didn't find anything. Feel free to move, close , remove or contact me. Thanks guys.
I attempted to begin a vaguely familiar post here http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/favorite-heater-bowl-or-pod-stem-power-source-etc.45084/

kalel

Needs to be small but you are restricted to the 18650 cell size.

Good point. Tricky stuff.

You have recommendations in your other thread including mine which is for the Splinter and Splinter Z, ideally paired with a DNAc mod.

Yeah but has to work with mods which is good if you like that but for folks who have no idea what mods are, they probably like the all-in-one devices. I wouldn't even call it a vaporizer, more like an add-on to make a vape. I'm focusing on the all-in-one device.

Maybe not enough people on site, or most are either stoned or happy with what they have. I remember way back when i used to create software. Often people withhold their 2 cents until something is created then moan about what it doesn't have when they could have chimed in earlier :) Then again, you can't please everyone. Even Steve Jobs said, its hard to make tech, all you can do is make the best thing you can and improve on it.

Last edited:
kalel,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yeah but has to work with mods which is good if you like that but for folks who have no idea what mods are, they probably like the all-in-one devices. I wouldn't even call it a vaporizer, more like an add-on to make a vape. I'm focusing on the all-in-one device.
Flash sale at RBT right now:
ZV2 and V2 for $99
https://www.rastabuddhatao.com/product-p/zv2v2.htm

I'm saying you'll want to try the best on demand convection portables. I'm not saying you should make a 510 device.

bossman,

Ramahs

Great points.

Is there a specific reason you avoid battery powered vapes ( cost, concern, they drain too quick?)

Meh, 1) I just find having to charge batteries all the time to be a minor annoyance that I want to cut down on. I work in tech. I have many devices I use on a daily basis that I have to charge all the time.

I really like the instant and on-demand heat that comes with using a torch with a butane powered vape. No wait to heat up. No circuit-board controlling and restricting the heat. I can up-temp, changing the heat level in a fraction of a second during the draw with a butane powered vape and, as I've said, there is just a click of a torch, and instant clouds.

I prefer to only use my battery-powered vapes when I have to, like out in public during the day (when stealth is of utmost importance). Otherwise, as far as portable non-plugged into the wall vapes, butane powered vapes are the heaviest hitters that allow you to customize the vapor experience SOOOO much more than a battery powered vape.

From my experience, a butane powered vape is analogous to a classic manual muscle-car, whereas a battery powered vape is analogous to a mid-priced automatic family sedan, as far as performance is concerned.

Ramahs,

Mr. Me2

Good point. Tricky stuff.

Maybe not enough people on site, or most are either stoned or happy with what they have. I remember way back when i used to create software. Often people withhold their 2 cents until something is created then moan about what it doesn't have when they could have chimed in earlier :) Then again, you can't please everyone. Even Steve Jobs said, its hard to make tech, all you can do is make the best thing you can and improve on it.
I’ll add to your features list - regulated. And simple to use.

kalel

Meh, 1) I just find having to charge batteries all the time to be a minor annoyance that I want to cut down on. I work in tech. I have many devices I use on a daily basis that I have to charge all the time.

I really like the instant and on-demand heat that comes with using a torch with a butane powered vape. No wait to heat up. No circuit-board controlling and restricting the heat. I can up-temp, changing the heat level in a fraction of a second during the draw with a butane powered vape and, as I've said, there is just a click of a torch, and instant clouds.

I prefer to only use my battery-powered vapes when I have to, like out in public during the day (when stealth is of utmost importance). Otherwise, as far as portable non-plugged into the wall vapes, butane powered vapes are the heaviest hitters that allow you to customize the vapor experience SOOOO much more than a battery powered vape.

From my experience, a butane powered vape is analogous to a classic manual muscle-car, whereas a battery powered vape is analogous to a mid-priced automatic family sedan, as far as performance is concerned.
So your favorite must be the dynavap

kalel,

Ramahs

So your favorite must be the dynavap

Picking a favorite is hard. Of course my Dynavap vapes are up there. But I also really love my Sticky Brick as well. Sticky Brick is probably the tastier, heavier hitter. But it's not as convenient and portable as my Dynavap M is.

Favorite would depend on the environment I plan to use it in.

Ramahs,
Top Bottom