The Toad from Morwood

Duba

Accessory Maker
Over a year in with my Toad in hand, and my love for this device hasn’t wavered one bit. The performance that this little number puts out absolutely cannot be understated.
How do you like to use it? low or high heater?

After using the low heater for a few days, I tried the high heater and ....i love it! It heats up faster and hits harder. After a short learning curve, it's simply incredible. The device is almost perfect, so easy to use, to charge/discharge and to clean.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
How do you like to use it? low or high heater?

After using the low heater for a few days, I tried the high heater and ....i love it! It heats up faster and hits harder. After a short learning curve, it's simply incredible. The device is almost perfect, so easy to use, to charge/discharge and to clean.
I never bought the low heater, but given my experience with the high, I don’t see the point in having a low, for myself at least. If I want cooler hits I just flutter the button one or two times per draw.

I would agree that the device is almost perfect, the only thing that could be improved is getting more juice out of the battery before performance falls off. I only take my batteries to about 3.80v before I have to recharge them.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I know people that have been been on the waitlist for well over a year, so you have time. I still have mixed feelings on the woodstem, but I know I'll order it either way:lol:
I know it’s merely a matter of personal preference, and we’re all different of course, but I don’t think the Toad is complete without the wood stem. The glass stem just doesn’t do justice to it’s character.

I know it’s merely a matter of personal preference, and we’re all different of course, but I don’t think the Toad is complete without the wood stem. The glass stem just doesn’t do justice to it’s character.
for the most part I def agree, but there are quite a few I have seen with the glass stem that I think would look odd with wood, all preference on a Toad-by-Toad basis I suppose

StinKing

Hello, if I wanted to get on the waitlist, is there an email I can use or is it IG only?

I don't have an IG so an email or other means would be helpful.

Thank you for any assistance

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Hello, if I wanted to get on the waitlist, is there an email I can use or is it IG only?

I don't have an IG so an email or other means would be helpful.

Thank you for any assistance

Send a message to @Dan Morrison with your e-mail address and the list you want on. I think you can do it through instagram too, or if you want to e-mail one of us can send it to you. :)

Just DM him here. No need to use Instagram.

Skulltree

Hi all, I'm new here but I am the lucky owner of one of Toad 059, and it's great! I haven't had a ton of time with it yet but the hype is real. Anyway I saw in the followup e-mail from Dan that there is a Cleaning and Maintenance Guide at this URL - Imgur- but I can't seem to access it, and get a 404. I'm guessing this shouldn't go in the dishwasher. :D

Anyway glad to see so many other Toads here and look forward to getting to know this work of art!

Vaporware

Hopefully someone has a good link to that guide (I’d like to see it too) but basically the stem and anything you have in the stem (screen, balls for cooling) are all you should have to clean normally.

Very easy maintenance is one of the great things about this design!

Vaporware,
Reactions: Skulltree

fangorn

Hi all, I'm new here but I am the lucky owner of one of Toad 059, and it's great! I haven't had a ton of time with it yet but the hype is real. Anyway I saw in the followup e-mail from Dan that there is a Cleaning and Maintenance Guide at this URL - Imgur- but I can't seem to access it, and get a 404. I'm guessing this shouldn't go in the dishwasher. :D

Anyway glad to see so many other Toads here and look forward to getting to know this work of art!

the link actually doesn't work.

you will find more info on the Nomad thread!

The most important thing to do occasionally is to clean the ring where the heater rests. It can oxidize and lead to a decrease in performance.

You remove the heater, wipe it down, especially where it contacts the unit ring. I think Dan was talking about using the clothes you're wearing.
Then you do the same at the level of the ring of the unit, essentially where the heating rests.

When I do this part of the cleaning, I clean the heater again with my t-shirt and insert the heater, holding it with the cloth... so as not to put human grease on it.

I believe there is a polishing pad in the accessory package. you can use that too, instead of your shirt, I think.

I also clean the metal part of the bottom plate from time to time.
I unscrew it (I take a picture before to see at what level it is screwed, and to be able to screw it back the same way) and I clean it with the polishing pad.
This is the part that seems to oxidize the most in my experience.

You could possibly clean the button as well, as well as the connections, but you have time... and for that, it would be better to have a tutorial, even if when you've done it once, it's very simple afterwards...

for the rest, the frequency
depends on your usage!
you can dip glass stems, glass marbles and metal screens in iso alcohol. you can dab with a cotton swab, the inside of the wooden stem with pure acetone.

ah, and you may have some crumbs sticking to the metal screen inside the unit. you can remove them with a brush, or a toothpick...

If you need pictures, don't hesitate to ask!

namasteIII

These were Dans recommendation for cleaning the contacts, and I can second the recommendation. Much better then the previous pencil eraser. Also this is likley a multiple lifetimes supply.

You don’t have to remove the metal from the bottom plate, can just gently clean it as it is.

The contact cleaning is a once every few months thing in terms of frequency, and less or none with daily use.

I wouldn’t mess with the button, it’s complex with magnets and small pieces, and at least anecdotally the current design doesn’t require it.

The heaters you can clean with those pads with the same frequency, or never clean them. Brush the screen in the body if there’s debris in there that bothers you. The glass just clean as you would glass. For wood stems I think the minimum necessary acetone (via q-tip not soaking) is the recommendation, tho dry or no cleaning is even better.

The body you can use dyna wax or the conditioner that came with the unit, or likley many things like that stuff.

mhhh you can clean the contacts on the batteries too with those pads if you want but really don’t have to.

jjvapes

My toad has landed! I'm enjoying trying out the new device so far. I've used both the wooden and glass stems - and did manage to combust once using the high heater (so I am getting used to using the low heater). I can easily see this device quickly passing the reach test!

Toad 078

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
My toad has landed! I'm enjoying trying out the new device so far. I've used both the wooden and glass stems - and did manage to combust once using the high heater (so I am getting used to using the low heater). I can easily see this device quickly passing the reach test!

Toad 078

Another beauty... congrats

RxPlorer

Toad 078
Oh I love the button on that one! Simple beauty.

Batch 8 lets GOOOOO!!!

attackpoints

Toad 078
The button match to this Toad is so perfect

how in the hell am I only supposed to choose 8 lol I am only halfway through the list
Oooh new batch? I hope you end up with your favorite! But it's really a struggle to choose haha

Top Bottom