The Toad from Morwood

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I’d have wanted either 077 (indigo fade) or 68 (Basho haiku.) I am very happy with my Toad and use it regularly. I’m getting the hang of using it.
Yep. I feel old hat now, and can get it as dark or light as I prefer going by feel. I also love the wooden stem. It stays clean minus the balls, and I like to take it out and about so it’s some piece of mind relative to the glass.

I tried to introduce some friends to it and it was a bit of a failure though. They’re smart guys who I think could eventually get the hang of going by feel, but the one time I tried was instant combustion. I used the glass stem so I could iso soak it without worrying about the stench lasting in the wooden one. I guess if I were to try that again I would ditch the cooling beads. It’s second nature to me with them, but a newbie to an unregulated vape would probably benefit from the instant feedback.

seriousTone

Meanwhile us Nomad waiters...

Bored Season 5 GIF by The Office

(haha all in jest though Dan)

-

RxPlorer

Meanwhile us Nomad waiters...

Bored Season 5 GIF by The Office

(haha all in jest though Dan)

-
It feels a bit better to be on both lists

Yep. I feel old hat now, and can get it as dark or light as I prefer going by feel. I also love the wooden stem. It stays clean minus the balls, and I like to take it out and about so it’s some piece of mind relative to the glass.

I tried to introduce some friends to it and it was a bit of a failure though. They’re smart guys who I think could eventually get the hang of going by feel, but the one time I tried was instant combustion. I used the glass stem so I could iso soak it without worrying about the stench lasting in the wooden one. I guess if I were to try that again I would ditch the cooling beads. It’s second nature to me with them, but a newbie to an unregulated vape would probably benefit from the instant feedback.
Was that with the high or low heater?

jjvapes

I've been lurking on this thread all year; really enjoying the pictures of toads (I'm honestly in awe of Dan's artistry and the photography skills on display); and I'm happy to say that due to the lottery I'm now the lucky owner of Toad 078!

daddy

I've been lurking on this thread all year; really enjoying the pictures of toads (I'm honestly in awe of Dan's artistry and the photography skills on display); and I'm happy to say that due to the lottery I'm now the lucky owner of Toad 078!
Same here my guy! I got the vhs one. Justified the $$ by mentally allowing myself to sell my p80. Pretty sweet! I’ll return the favor and send pics as soon as I get it. My wife thinks I should ask for angles with filthy souls in the vhs lol. I’m not so sure.

840_divided_by_two

You're going to need something else in the meantime... Check out some other threads!
Currently rocking too many Dynavaps/Simrell Stems plus two of Pipes' awesome Induction heaters, a Core 2.0, DTV5, a Fury 2....so no lack of variety there lol. Just more VaS :) Crafty+ deals are looking fine tho... Could never get too into on demands but these are beautiful and seem to be worth it. Enano and Volcano also on the ol' wishlist.

Why not both?;
Well, when you put it that way...

MrBaked.co

I actually keep looking at all these new Toads getting jealous even though ive already got my selection and and it should be shipping in January.

The trouble is. I fucking HATE orange so not even sure why I selected that one as an option. Think it was the price. Now all I can think about is it being the same colour as my biggest rival football team 🤣.

So when mine eventually arrives, anyone wanna swap? 🤣

Toad #54

RxPlorer

I actually keep looking at all these new Toads getting jealous even though ive already got my selection and and it should be shipping in January.

The trouble is. I fucking HATE orange so not even sure why I selected that one as an option. Think it was the price. Now all I can think about is it being the same colour as my biggest rival football team 🤣.

Toad #54
I'll swap you my imaginary toad #420. Just hit me up when you're ready!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

Toad #54
I suspect someone would swap you for a later place in line.

Vaporware

Toad #54

It is a nice one! I would love it too, but I couldn’t give up my toad Toad for it. Hopefully someone who didn’t get their first choice will pop up and trade you, but if not you could always ask Dan for one from the next batch and he could put #54 in the next lottery. I think he’d probably be okay with that, but it would delay yours a while… :sherlock:

054 - Yellowy-orange and cream with logo stamp - Lichen button

DSCF9230.jpg

DSCF9231.jpg

Arawfish

Green Thumb

Toad #54
It’s hard not to be jealous! Especially being in the second batch and then seeing the 50+ toads that have come out and seeing Dans already solid and perfected art style just keep getting better and better. Way too awesome and I’m happy to be apart of it! No 2 Toads will ever be exactly alike and I think the Toad I got is exactly the perfect Toad for me, and I think you’ll find that too.

Duba

Accessory Maker

Toad #54
Sometimes temptation and haste leads us to rush a bit.
It's funny because I was part of batch 5 and this 54 had been assigned to me (3rd choice) but I decided not to take it because it wasn't my favorite at all.
I was then put back into batch 6 in pole position (this gave me a very unique feeling and excitement) and I was able to choose THE Toad of the batch that had caught my eye...
In addition, a mystical connection with Dan made him experiment a new technique during batch6 by making the Toad of my dreams (red and black)!
I think I'll never see another one that I'll like more than the 69!
Like all of us, I can't wait to receive it!

It’s hard not to be jealous!
Yours wouldn't have been a choice for me but now I like it a lot and I'm always happy to see him on its adventures!

Last edited:

fangorn

@Duba I confirm... I love the stands for the stems you made for me...
I didn't have time to photograph them properly... but it will come 😁

@Arawfish
I love it... 😂
in France, we have an expression that says "great minds meet"... but it may just be "great addicts meet"
I contacted Dan last week to be added to the Toads list again...
I have a picture of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in mind... with "shy" running around for a second kiss 😂
so maybe we'll find ourselves in the same batch again...
an anticipated pleasure 😁

happy new year to all and the best possible year 2023... that we manage to see it as positively as possible!

Top Bottom