• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Toad from Morwood

I dunno, I paid for a Nomad 16 months ago and I’m guessing I’ve got another year to go (at least) before I see it. Again, that’s a wild guess, but the original estimate on the batch 2 production start was October 2020 and it just started recently as far as I know. It also seems some batch 1 Nomad IIs still haven’t shipped. Those people have been waiting even longer than I have.

Having said that, it’s hard not to feel some frustration/jealously towards people getting Toads so quickly. If I had the option to jump on the Toad instead after paying for my Nomad, I probably would have taken that option.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I dunno, I paid for a Nomad 16 months ago and I’m guessing I’ve got another year to go (at least) before I see it. Again, that’s a wild guess, but the original estimate on the batch 2 production start was October 2020 and it just started recently as far as I know. It also seems some batch 1 Nomad IIs still haven’t shipped. Those people have been waiting even longer than I have.

Having said that, it’s hard not to feel some frustration/jealously towards people getting Toads so quickly. If I had the option to jump on the Toad instead after paying for my Nomad, I probably would have taken that option.
16 month wait for something you’ve paid for and still expecting months more is a little insane....I’ve often questioned this part of the process. I’ve gone back in the threads numerous times and thought, holy shit you guys still haven’t gotten what’s been paid for? Knowing all this I don’t think I’ll be buying a nomad, I’m in batch 5 anyways so at the current rate it won’t be for many years anyway haha. Just thankful I’ll be having a toad coming my way at some point in the possible near future?

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
Everyones understanding is very much welcome!

My time estimate for how long it would take to finish the first batch of Nomad IIs was way too ambitious. It's a huge learning experience for me, and I wish I could go back in time and change it.

So, I totally get the frustration. IMO it is justified.

Once the last of these Nomad II batch 1s ship out soon, things will move much faster. I don't intend to change anything in the process for the next batches and I've made a lot of workflow improvements over the course of this first batch.

@letter never sent , I hope to be all caught up by the summer, so you definitely don't have a year to go. Are you getting the bi-monthly photo updates for batch 2? You should be getting them via email, I started sending them in the fall. Let me know if you're not getting them!

I'll say that a lot of the delays came from things that I've since ironed out.

@Arawfish The reason for my older style of pay first, make second, is due to the custom nature of each unit, often the material costs alone are a huge chunk of the final price. But I will agree that the wait time is not ideal. I'm continually thankful for the patience of my supporters, and just hope that the final results make up for the wait. I see my work as something you'll have for life possibly, and so I want to make sure the quality is there.

The Toads, being non-custom, are the first step in fixing these issues moving foreward.

fangorn

Poor Dan...

I'm sure he does his best to avoid any negative feelings among his customers... it starts with his questioning of how he sells, aiming for fairness... then his availability to respond by email , which must be mortally time-consuming... regular updates, with photos... the application and the care he takes to satisfy us in production... his presence here on Fc...

Other craftsmen -very respected and respectable- don't bother as much... I think that the personalization of vaporizers also shows its limits... or in any case its negative aspects... on the last one, or the last two drops of TP80, there was no "custom device" option... I imagine it's still easier for craftsmen...

I won't throw stones either at those (a tiny minority) whose frustration and disappointment can be seen in their messages...
we are on a forum... in the instantaneous... the emotions are sometimes shared hastily and without hindsight... it allows internal tensions to be discharged... and we are human... and evolve in a world where a click makes us receive a package the next day or during the week...
I'm a very reasonable person but I don't know how I would react if future Nomad 2 owners see other people getting works of art with the same technology... in two months... Milgram's experiment??

anyway... Dan's artwork drives us crazy... at times... it's totally irrational.. but so good...

I never thought I'd look at a picture every day of something I'm going to receive one day...and yet I do...I've also sold vapes to save money and space in my stash box... I took out my batteries and accessories from this box... it's quite funny... there is a (large) empty slot in my box... it's ridiculous, but I I'm waiting...and I'm ready!! haha

So finally... this frustration is rather an excellent sign for Dan!! that means he produces masterpieces that drive us crazy!!

Long live Dan Morrison!!

Ps:
I don't have a social network... so I guess FC acts as... I sometimes find myself too talkative... Sorry for that...

Happy vaping everyone!

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
If you count the time the economy cratered bc of a global pandemic and I had to bump myself into a later batch, I'm def on the longer side of the Nomad waitlist. Even so, I don't think there's anyone on it that doesn't have a good idea of the healthy wait still to come once their ticket finally gets punched (feral Redditors excepted). Dan's earnest and wildly off-base estimates of when you might get yours are part of the fun.

That said, I did post a good-natured rant after the last Toad drop that went over like a lead balloon. Clearly, it's a sensitive subject. So now I just look at each missed drop as $300 in the bank. Add in the cost of the accessories I also didn't buy and I have literally saved thousands. Who doesn't love that?

Arawfish

Green Thumb
If you count the time the economy cratered bc of a global pandemic and I had to bump myself into a later batch, I'm def on the longer side of the Nomad waitlist. Even so, I don't think there's anyone on it that doesn't have a good idea of the healthy wait still to come once their ticket finally gets punched (feral Redditors excepted). Dan's earnest and wildly off-base estimates of when you might get yours are part of the fun.

That said, I did post a good-natured rant after the last Toad drop that went over like a lead balloon. Clearly, it's a sensitive subject. So now I just look at each missed drop as $300 in the bank. Add in the cost of the accessories I also didn't buy and I have literally saved thousands. Who doesn't love that?
300 in the bank! I want to know where you’re getting these small numbers from ;)

Vaporware

I get the frustration, and in the interest of keeping it to a minimum I asked Dan for years to de-prioritize my Nomad I and finish some that were going to the people who are mad about the wait. That’s partly because my Nomad is the most complicated one he’s had to do, but also just to help him and everyone else out.

It looks like I’ll finally get it with my Toad, and the wait gap is enormous, but the difference in communication and work he’s had to do for the Nomad vs the Toad is also enormous.

If anyone still waiting for a Nomad would rather have a Toad faster, my guess is that Dan would let you in on the next batch if you’d prefer that; it can’t hurt to ask. It should be very easy to sell a ready-to-ship Nomad or Nomad II when he’s able to finish them. I’d probably even buy one if I had the chance!

If you can wait though, while the Toads look great and have a unique spot in the lineup, I think the extra customization, detail and artistry that goes into the Nomads makes them even more special pieces.

The Toads do have an advantage though in surface durability and the potential for Dan to create add-ons in the future, so neither is bad to have and the performance should be nearly identical.

Anyway, I completely get that waiting so long sucks and I’m lucky to be nearing the end, but everything I’ve seen and every communication I’ve had with Dan tells me he’s doing his best to satisfy everyone and stay afloat doing a lot of work that probably doesn’t pay nearly as well as our invoices might suggest. I know all the time he’s put in even just talking to me about my Nomad is not reflected in what I paid him, and even if I’d have liked to have it much sooner, I appreciate everything he’s done to distill my thousand ideas and make an awesome piece of functional art.

Can’t wait to see and show you all both of them. :rockon:

Aryeah

Vape Man
I also think it's a really good thing to make multiple devices. I grew up as a kid with a wood shop as my family made doll furniture, and have had my own wood shop. It starts to become a daily grind when you are only focusing on one product, especially when doing everything by hand. Sometimes it's a way to replenish yourself working on something different for a while, so you don't get bogged down doing the same process over and over day in and day out.

I am on both lists right now, and it's probably going to be a while before my name comes up on either list. I know it's a long wait, but it's so worth it in the end once you get either your Toad or Nomad II.

seriousTone

Movie Theater Lol GIF by Tyler, the Creator

I'm just loving all the discussion; this much back and forth doesn't happen very often in a Morwood thread.

checkyourlibido

That's a long time to pay for something and not get a product.

checkyourlibido,
Top Bottom