• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Toad from Morwood

Farid

I absolutely love the retro future one.

I apologize if this goes against the spirit of this thread, but have you been automating your manufacturing processes at all? I don't mean to devalue the handmade element of the Toad, I only ask because the Nomad exists as a higher end, more hand made alternative. Is the goal to always do batches, or do you envision a future state of production where you could have a regular online store?

checkyourlibido

I absolutely love the retro future one.
I agree, I almost posted a similar thought, that stood out to me as possibly my favorite so far.

I apologize if this goes against the spirit of this thread, but have you been automating your manufacturing processes at all? I don't mean to devalue the handmade element of the Toad, I only ask because the Nomad exists as a higher end, more hand made alternative. Is the goal to always do batches, or do you envision a future state of production where you could have a regular online store?
Not this shit again.

checkyourlibido,
Reactions: Arawfish

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer

I try to use the most efficient process that will get me from point A to B. So long as the end product ends up true to how I imagined it to be, I'd rather get there in the fastest way possible.

Figuring out the fastest road is often a trial and error process that takes a lot of experience and time. I'm still in the figuring it out phase.

I think I have developed a pretty good process for the Toads so far, but unless you count manual machine tools as "automation", the entire process is still what I would consider made by hand. A lot of the process can only be done by hand.

I would love to add a CNC machine to the shop, I think it would help tremendously.

I really enjoy learning about industrial scale manufacturing, and mass produced products can be just as cool as hand made ones.... so I'm totally interested in exploring that world at some point.

Farid

Very cool. Some stuff like fititng parts, and finishing will always need the artist's touch.

Whatever you choose to do, I'm sure it will be quality. Even if the CNC proves too expensive, using templates and jigs can make manual processes extremely efficient.

I gotta get on that list though. You should do more with the type print, like the retro future one. It really has that blade runner feel to it.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Really fantastic looking bunch of Toads in the last drop @Dan Morrison! The pine and oak scenes remind me of some of my favorites in previous batches, and I really dig the mushrooms which isn't usually my aesthetic (someone compared it to Nausicaa, and I think that is what does it for me). The retro future kills it, and the starry sky is one of my favorites! Can I go back on the list for a second go-around :lol:?

I don't think I've seen the beetle shell buttons on a Toad before--maybe that was already done on nomads? Either way they look amazing. I think one of my favorite parts about your vapes is how incorporate naturally beautiful objects into the buttons the way you do.

theweiway

I literally made an account here so I could learn more about the Toad after discovering it on a Reddit forum. Love the design and the attention to details, especially this last batch— retro one is sick, big cyberpunk vibes!

What’s the best way to join the waitlist? Very new to the forum so apologies if it’s already been mentioned!

jds

I literally made an account here so I could learn more about the Toad after discovering it on a Reddit forum. Love the design and the attention to details, especially this last batch— retro one is sick, big cyberpunk vibes!

What’s the best way to join the waitlist? Very new to the forum so apologies if it’s already been mentioned!

Welcome to the forum!

I would send a PM to @Dan Morrison on here. I'm not sure if the waitlist is closed or not, but it's worth a try.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Was so lucky to score 38. It's unbelievable! With how beautiful they all are, it was a tough choice! So excited
Congrats! That one started out top of my list but I ultimately decided that there are Toads I admire and Toads I’d prefer to carry. The retro future one was demoted for similar reasons.

Not looking for a literal black box but for me, the Toad was meant for taking out and about, and for that I wanted something more subtle and minimalist. Luckily, Dan’s equally great at subtle.

OTOH my eventual Nomad is about as tricked out and wood bling as I can afford!

checkyourlibido

Congrats! That one started out top of my list but I ultimately decided that there are Toads I admire and Toads I’d prefer to carry. The retro future one was demoted for similar reasons.

Not looking for a literal black box but for me, the Toad was meant for taking out and about, and for that I wanted something more subtle and minimalist. Luckily, Dan’s equally great at subtle.

OTOH my eventual Nomad is about as tricked out and wood bling as I can afford!
You know you’re going to carry it in a carrying case either way, LOL. At least I would 😀

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Fantastic! The wait for something as cool as the Toad would be brutal even if it was just a couple'a weeks, but I'm tellin' ya true IT IS WORTH IT AND THEN SOME 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

I clicked on this pic' to see if it was working OK, and the view of it is wildly stretched/distorted for me.
Does it work for anyone else?

Vaporware

The image looks fine to me. The Toad looks great and I still love that Nomad!

Mine might be waiting for me when I get home… :mmmm:

…sadly I don’t think my mouth has healed enough to use it yet. :cry: I see the surgeon this afternoon though, so maybe at least I’ll have a better idea of when I can use it.

Top Bottom