The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

GnarlyVandal

For anyone UK based, I get batteries from fogstar UK. They're pretty good. They do fogstar Fridays where they offer 20% off discount codes.
Certainty had no issues with them myself.
This is where I get mine as well. They’ve always been solid and can link to the Shop app which helps you track deliveries. They put some more p30b’s up this week and I ordered a couple this morning to try. I’m hoping they’ll be good for the wand

Last edited:
I may have missed a discussion comparing 2.5mm balls (100 count) to 3mm balls (50 count); if so, my apologies.

Is anyone here able to vouch for both? Do 100 balls perform any differently than 50 balls? Wondering if I should request a swap before my preorder ships.

Thanks, all!

BindlestiffNYC,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It appears that most people have been happier with the smaller balls. I think they have more contact with the vapor, so heat better. Well, actually, it's not vapor yet. It is air, but the same point applies.

cybrguy,
It appears that most people have been happier with the smaller balls. I think they have more contact with the vapor, so heat better. Well, actually, it's not vapor yet. It is air, but the same point applies.
Thanks for that! I'll put away my worry beads. :D

BindlestiffNYC,

ezpz

For those who have the Tempest beta, are you using the Wand or a torch more?
Wand gets used like 95% of the time. Torch gets used when I forget to charge batteries. It’s just so easy with the wand. Got mine set at 620F for bud, 700F for concentrates (with rayon).
Maybe with properly functioning click discs, I might use a torch more often (VI is hard to see for me), but unlikely.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It's funny but I love my vapcaps and I love my Lotus but I had tended to shy away from them a bit and leaned more towards electronic devices like the TM in the last year or so, partially because of the sound of the torch and the hazards of the flame. The wand for me brings the Tempest over to that quieter flame free side when I feel like going that way. If I want to travel lighter out of the house, I may leave the Wand at home and bring a torch, but I may not, depending upon the day and where I'm going. The option makes it a much more versatile device.

hazyy1

I just came across the Tempest in just the last few days.. I was originally using DV and then got an Anvil and that's been my go-to vape. I kinda got away from any new vapes until recently thought I'd see what was going on. Anyways, I was trying to find the answer before I pulled the trigger on a pre-order

1. The raw TI - that doesn't mean that the other colored units aren't TI correct? They're just colored?
2. With the Pre-order it would come with the inspire wand cup thing and stand?

While I like the anvil I've been wanting something new and innovative and the tempest seems to be just that.

ezpz

If I want to travel lighter out of the house, I may leave the Wand at home and bring a torch, but I may not, depending upon the day and where I'm going. The option makes it a much more versatile device.
Just me personally, but the only times I took my torch when out and about…… is when I forgot to charge my batteries. With the Wand, no need to worry about wind, sunlight, or funny looks from nosey people. :nope:

Moro

1. The raw TI - that doesn't mean that the other colored units aren't TI correct? They're just colored?
2. With the Pre-order it would come with the inspire wand cup thing and stand?
Every Tempest is made of titanium. The black and blue ones are coated and the others are anodized Titanium Tempests.

With the preorder you get the leather case, another pack of balls and the insert and stand for the wand.

Last edited:

DNice

Tempest RTL
I just want so say thank you for your videos. I really appreciated them a few month ago when I was contemplating if I should get a Beta version. You showed me the true potential of the Tempest and convinced me to get one early. The clouds you produce in those videos were just phenomenal.
And I didn't regret getting one for one single second. Everything worked just as perfectly as advertised.
My lungs just can't handle it as well as yours. xD

Shorner

I just want so say thank you for your videos. I really appreciated them a few month ago when I was contemplating if I should get a Beta version. You showed me the true potential of the Tempest and convinced me to get one early. The clouds you produce in those videos were just phenomenal.
And I didn't regret getting one for one single second. Everything worked just as perfectly as advertised.
My lungs just can't handle it as well as yours. xD
Ahhh that's no problem mate, thanks for your kind words...
I'm just waiting to see if @Brenyo will send me out a free final version to show off now 🤣🤣

Last edited:

Atom Flower

With a torch you can personalise your titanium item.. this is just messing around with my Fusion bowl

2024-08-10-10-26-38-545.jpg

RedZep

It's funny but I love my vapcaps and I love my Lotus but I had tended to shy away from them a bit and leaned more towards electronic devices like the TM in the last year or so, partially because of the sound of the torch and the hazards of the flame. The wand for me brings the Tempest over to that quieter flame free side when I feel like going that way. If I want to travel lighter out of the house, I may leave the Wand at home and bring a torch, but I may not, depending upon the day and where I'm going. The option makes it a much more versatile device.
I've used the wand 99% of the time since I got the Tempest. But I've started only taking a lighter when I hike. Cuts down the weight to carry by a good amount. It's great having this option.

I over heated by accident last time I went hiking. I could tell by the VI. Instead of just hitting it, I waited until the VI dropped to my preferred point. Hit it with no combustion. I think this advantage of the VI is maybe not talked enough about.

When using a torch I'm very glad for how the Tempest keeps it's heat. Makes the subsequent bowls so much more efficient on your fuel. I'll never understand the people stating the long cool down time as a negative. It brings massive session energy efficiency. Besides you can just stick it in a leather pouch when you are done.

I've used the wand 99% of the time since I got the Tempest. But I've started only taking a lighter when I hike. Cuts down the weight to carry by a good amount. It's great having this option.

I over heated by accident last time I went hiking. I could tell by the VI. Instead of just hitting it, I waited until the VI dropped to my preferred point. Hit it with no combustion. I think this advantage of the VI is maybe not talked enough about.

When using a torch I'm very glad for how the Tempest keeps it's heat. Makes the subsequent bowls so much more efficient on your fuel. I'll never understand the people stating the long cool down time as a negative. It brings massive session energy efficiency. Besides you can just stick it in a leather pouch when you are done.
that is a really really neat trick for when you have 'combusted' ! great find mate

gmocooties

not sure if its been asked before, but do the revolve gen 1 & 2 wooden sleeves fit the tempest?
The Gen 2 & Tempest wooden sleeves are interchangeable, i.e. the old wooden sleeves will work on the new Tempest CU, and the Tempest wooden sleeves will fit the Gen 2 CU. Can't speak for Gen 1 sorry!

gmocooties,
Reactions: Sidoney

Wozz

Is that not overkill using the stem with the glass rig? I would put that on a glass WPA if it was me.
I don't have a wpa though 😁
It is overkill, but I wanted to try it .

Prophet arrived way sooner than I expected, so I haven't yet sorted a wpa for it. I will Payday.

Wozz,
Reactions: RedZep

RedZep

I don't have a wpa though 😁
It is overkill, but I wanted to try it .

Tempest arrived way sooner than I expected, so I haven't yet sorted a wpa for it. I will Payday.
I hope you have fun experimenting. I'm still finding things out about it.

I remember you are from UK like myself. Recommended vape supplies do some nice ones for a good price.
https://recommendedvapesupplies.co.uk/products/dynavap-water-tool-adapter-14mm-littlefinger

The BB3 stem is a great WPA for smaller pieces like j hooks and bubblers. The tiny pin prick airhole works well.

RedZep,
Reactions: Wozz
Top Bottom