The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

HaggisHunter

Is the Wand a worthy addition, or am I likely to find myself with more expensive tech on the shelf?
I'm more than happy with the wand. Less so with the battery life. I have 4 pairs of molicel p28's and they do the job.
But for the tempest I find it works as well as a torch, that I've found anyway. Material can go as dark as I'd like to push it and the results are consistent.
This can be done sitting at home, or walking along the street. If I'm outside I up the temp by 10-20°c depending on conditions.

I haven't used a torch for a long time now, and if I'm honest I'm not sure I will.
I'm not interested in the yll as I'm too reliant on being able to see the the VI from the bottom of the wand, the forge is too big and ridiculous to take with me when I'm out and about.
So yeah battery life isn't great, but having multiple sets of decent batteries definitely helps. It is a great combo with the tempest though and well worth the investment.

AndyO

name a vape he doesn’t like though

to be fair, it’s an amazing device. but he packed it too tight. loose pack and gentle tamp is what works best for me with the tempest

Yeah, when you watch enough of his videos you certainly start to understand his different scales of excitement with particular products. His excitement level for the Flower Kettle + Electropath is what got the ball rolling to me ultimately getting it.

On that scale, I'm not sure he was as excited by the Tempest as he was recently with the HyperDyn?

kegstandman420

I've been super happy with the wand and tempest. 600-610f with zrc balls gets 1 he for me everytime in full bowl. I get probably 10-15 bowls per charge which is fine with me. Always keeps some spare batteries. For torching I've like the eagles single flame torch aimed at the bands around the ss more than the triple torch.

AndyO

@Brenyo I'm sorry to add to the mess of questions you're getting mate.

If I'm getting you to hold onto the leather case, will I still get the tool that comes in it? Does the tool in the Reload work to unscrew the ball screen?

AndyO,

HaggisHunter

On that scale, I'm not sure he was as excited by the Tempest as he was recently with the HyperDyn?

Oh I dunno, felt to me like was hyped and excited about it, VI, taste, design, big vapor production etc.

He did say in a reply to me that it had a lot of potential, and that he wanted to give it the respect it deserves.

HaggisHunter,

Shorner

Oh I dunno, felt to me like was hyped and excited about it, VI, taste, design, big vapor production etc.

He did say in a reply to me that it had a lot of potential, and that he wanted to give it the respect it deserves.
The bloke can't hit a vape to save his life imo🤣

The Tempest crushes the Hyperdyn in every department except cool down.

This is how to hit the Tempest, one of my old vids.

DaBouse

Is it safe to get spare 18650s on Amazon? I searched molicel p28 but none of these batteries give amperage or CDR specification. Safer bet to hit a vape shop?

DaBouse,

Corvoed

Farm Grower
Yeah, when you watch enough of his videos you certainly start to understand his different scales of excitement with particular products. His excitement level for the Flower Kettle + Electropath is what got the ball rolling to me ultimately getting it.

Lee kinda shoots his load over any minor dynavap change tbh, unfair comparison

Corvoed,

simba

@weedanwine
Is it safe to get spare 18650s on Amazon? I searched molicel p28 but none of these batteries give amperage or CDR specification. Safer bet to hit a vape shop?
I would absolutely hit a local vape shop, generally safer and means you don't give Amazon your money lol

simba,
Reactions: eyevape

DaBouse

I would absolutely hit a local vape shop, generally safer and means you don't give Amazon your money lol

A lot of my local shops are owned or in bed with organized crime. So 6 of one, half dozen of the other. At least Amazon probably pays most of their taxes. (Hopefully)

DaBouse,

Crome

Helloooo!

Anything changed about shipping on the EU site? Austria is still a nono?
For some reason I can't write an email on the UK site.

Crome,

n3hemiah

Guys I thought I would be relieved of the anticipation once I placed the order. I thought my long daily vigil of refreshing Brenyo's profile page was over. But here we are and I'm refreshing the page looking for news of shipping 🙃

No rush Brenyo, you're the man 😇

n3hemiah,
Reactions: Photonic

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
These three vendors are all legitimate, and they all have good prices and good delivery. I have used all three with no problem. I don't know if any of them ship overseas.

https://www.18650batterystore.com/ and
But here we are and I'm refreshing the page looking for news of shipping 🙃
And here is the shipping thread... https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/madheaters-shipping-thread.54686/

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Also, Amazon has historically shipped some rewraps rather than legitimate batteries. I don't know if they're still doing that, but they have done it in the past. Actually, what probably happened is a 3rd party merchant who works with Amazon shipped them, but with reliable accessible vendors the only advantage to Amazon might be the free shipping.
It is important enough to get legitimate batteries that I would likely only purchase from known battery vendors. Illegitimate batteries can be very dangerous.

Atom Flower

Did someone really ask for the Tempest to not be shipped out ASAP?! :lol:

I see no point in portable induction heaters, personally. I can get more off- grid mileage from a can of gas (also less weight than a battery pack) and if i'm going to use an electronic gadget on the road, I'll use a battery powered vape instead, so there is only one item in my pocket....

The whole point of paying the price for the Tempest for me is not just the balls and the convection, but the click and the visual indicator, exactly so that I can use it with a torch without combusting and without looking at a screen. I have had quite enough of looking at a screen, thank you.
(also shelling out another 100 bucks is a no-no, lol)

As for the colours, if the increased radiation from black metal really makes a difference then the black Tempest would marginally provide the coolest vape ... But I just don't like black and it makes shit harder to find! :\
Guys I thought I would be relieved of the anticipation once I placed the order. I thought my long daily vigil of refreshing Brenyo's profile page was over. But here we are and I'm refreshing the page looking for news of shipping 🙃

I wouldn't do that....
Thankfully I already worked out that I will probably not be around to get this when it gets shipped out, so I am getting it shipped to a friend and forgetting about it. It will be something to look forward to when I get back.

Last edited:
Atom Flower,
Reactions: Wozz

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I find it really hard to imagine that the color on the surface of the titanium, whether it's about the coating or the color itself, would make any noticeable difference in the performance of the Tempest. If you were using a temp gun that goes two decimal places maybe, but in terms of anything you can feel, I really doubt it.

leanpubpackage

The bloke can't hit a vape to save his life imo🤣

The Tempest crushes the Hyperdyn in every department except cool down.

This is how to hit the Tempest, one of my old vids.
For real. He’s also so impractical in the way he uses his devices in an effort to try to be different.

I only watch the his videos of the devices I own, and just want to at least make the community aware of not buying into the way he hypes products up

Top Bottom