The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

ezpz

Wood stem doesn't get too hot. I honestly think it's all a bit over stated anyway. Makes me wonder where people are holding their stems. I hold it near the air port and don't have any issues with TI stem with Helix tube. On repeated bowls I can feel warmth, but it's not hot where I hold it.

Do some people hold the stem closer to the tip?
Ti stem does get hot by the bowl area. Not a problem when hitting it, but, you do need to be mindful of that area when debowling and reloading. Wood stem just alleviates this problem.

ahm123

Indeed, it's a very joint like experience! But much tastier.

About the stem getting hot: Personally i don't really have issues with the stem getting (too) hot but when going back to back to back... it can get hot ofcourse. (heating of the stem also heavily depends on the setting/cooling helix used btw)

Anyway: a possible way to avoid touching the hot stem is placing the hot Tempest on the Reolad and hit it while holding the Reolad. The moutpiece never gets hot and you can still flutter the airport with one finger.
I tend to do this sometimes without any specific reason, started when i needed both hands so placed it on the Reload and then just grabbed it by the container to keep hitting it. Kinda liked it so now i do that sometimes but just realized this can be done to handle the Tempest when it's too hot to hold but you still want to vape like right now!! ;)
i have a similar method with the reload if i accidentally overheat. i will sometimes carelessly cook it too long and in the past i would have had to accept it’s not the ideal hit but now i can pop it on the reload and let it chill until it’s exactly where i want it to be. the hit is hardly compromised at all and can get my low temp flavor chasing on. epic device and the only vape i have interest in at this point is the future upgrade which is even hard to comprehend hah

So it happened. I dropped my tip on the ground and it exploded like a grenade! By any chance does anyone know or have suggestions where I could source new pearls in Canada or in the USA. Preferably Canada and type of pearl should I get for maximum flav. Has anyone used rubies ? Thanks super bummed out. Hoping to get this sorted asap!

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Wood stem doesn't get too hot. I honestly think it's all a bit over stated anyway. Makes me wonder where people are holding their stems. I hold it near the air port and don't have any issues with TI stem with Helix tube. On repeated bowls I can feel warmth, but it's not hot where I hold it.

Don't get me wrong. I also have zero issues with the heat of the stem and find it somewhat over stated too. Never had to change my grip because of that. Just mentioned it because i read some people talking about it.

the airport gets really hot to touch at time (titanium stem - back to back bowls) its literally on the edge of feeling like it could burn my fingers... where as there is no heat at all (maybe a little warmth) at the airport on the wooden sleeve. Its as much to do with how I am hitting the device - hard and fast in repeat - but it really does get hot.

Same thing with the balls: i've used it hundreds of times and never had the balls come out.
I've had mine fall out 3 times now... first time just dropping the cap... second time & third time after changing the balls and not quite doing it all up properly... but the other drops nah, as long as its fitted right its a rarity

So it happened. I dropped my tip on the ground and it exploded like a grenade! By any chance does anyone know or have suggestions where I could source new pearls in Canada or in the USA. Preferably Canada and type of pearl should I get for maximum flav. Has anyone used rubies ? Thanks super bummed out. Hoping to get this sorted asap!
Rubies take longer to heat up and stay hot for longer so they change the experience using the Tempest but its possible, I just didn't like it.

RedZep

the airport gets really hot to touch at time (titanium stem - back to back bowls) its literally on the edge of feeling like it could burn my fingers... where as there is no heat at all (maybe a little warmth) at the airport on the wooden sleeve. Its as much to do with how I am hitting the device - hard and fast in repeat - but it really does get hot.

I've had mine fall out 3 times now... first time just dropping the cap... second time & third time after changing the balls and not quite doing it all up properly... but the other drops nah, as long as its fitted right its a rarity

Rubies take longer to heat up and stay hot for longer so they change the experience using the Tempest but its possible, I just didn't like it.
Fair enough. I guess it depends on use etc. I can definitely believe it can become too hot. I just don't experience it. I tend to normally only chain 2 bowls these days. I can easily imagine 4+ rapid fire bowls with Ti stem would get hot to touch.

People who envision chaining bowls rapidly should definitely consider the wood stem.

HaggisHunter

I've been using the wooden sleeves this last week or so, I think I'll be sticking with the titanium most of the time from now on.

I think I prefer the feel of the device in hand with the wooden sleeve.

I get issues with sensitivity in my throat, using the wooden sleeves this last week I have been getting a little more irritation than normal, the steel and wood aren't getting rid of enough heat for me. I didn't think I would notice much difference but after an extended period of use, I really do notice it.

Put the titanium sleeve back on and my issues settled back down again.
The stem does get hot, but it means the helix is doing its job IMO, I hope future products don't stray too far from this design.

I think I'll just put the wooden ones on as a change now and then, maybe if I'm going out for the evening, the wooden sleeves do make it look a little less space age.
I have had a few comments about it when using the full titanium set-up outside the snooker club....

I've run back to back bowls and while it gets hot, so long as my throat isn't feeling like it's being ripped apart then I'm happy with it.
I'll take hot fingers over an irritated throat.

For it's size and the amount of heat it's processing, I continue to be impressed with it.

I've been using the wooden sleeves this last week or so, I think I'll be sticking with the titanium most of the time from now on.

I think I prefer the feel of the device in hand with the wooden sleeve.

I get issues with sensitivity in my throat, using the wooden sleeves this last week I have been getting a little more irritation than normal, the steel and wood aren't getting rid of enough heat for me. I didn't think I would notice much difference but after an extended period of use, I really do notice it.

Put the titanium sleeve back on and my issues settled back down again.
The stem does get hot, but it means the helix is doing its job IMO, I hope future products don't stray too far from this design.

I think I'll just put the wooden ones on as a change now and then, maybe if I'm going out for the evening, the wooden sleeves do make it look a little less space age.
I have had a few comments about it when using the full titanium set-up outside the snooker club....

I've run back to back bowls and while it gets hot, so long as my throat isn't feeling like it's being ripped apart then I'm happy with it.
I'll take hot fingers over an irritated throat.

For it's size and the amount of heat it's processing, I continue to be impressed with it.
I noticed the same thing last night with the wooden sleeve. At first i didnt mind it as much but just like yourself the more i'm using it the more irritation im feeling in my throat. I don't have this issue at all with the titanium sleeve.

TedJones

Preferably Canada and type of pearl should I get for maximum flav.
Zirc is my vote for flavor. If you can’t find any in Canada, vgoodies 30% disc applies on theirs Here
why do you that? its not better get out the balls and clean it on iso?
From the manual:
First, remove them and use sugar soap liquid in a small shot glass or plastic tube, let it sit overnight, and shake them around until clean.
Alternatively, place a portion of the ceramic balls onto a spoon and heat them with a torch until clean up

Iso or soap will only get abv and reclaim off the surfaces. They’re basically using the head as the spoon (if you were to heat that from underneath).

grognard3r

why do you that? its not better get out the balls and clean it on iso?

I do both: iso and inferno. That inferno cleans all gunk the iso does not. I do not want to remove the balls.

If you have a colored tip, yes, the flame will scorch the color. Just watch where the flame hits. Avoid the base: only torch the tips as you see in the clip.

I made an earlier post about this method. Check it out for the full rationale. I hope it helps.

Last edited:

alex91

Was looking for the Tempest cleaning box and couldn’t find it anymore on the website. Is it gone for good, @Brenyo?

alex91,

HaggisHunter

I noticed the same thing last night with the wooden sleeve. At first i didnt mind it as much but just like yourself the more i'm using it the more irritation im feeling in my throat. I don't have this issue at all with the titanium sleeve.
I used to use the wooden sleeve on the gen 2 revolve with my Dynavap tips and it was all good there too. But as soon as I added an armoured cap and shoved a spacer under the CCD for more thermal mass, I started getting a bit of irritation when using the wooden sleeve, glass and titanium were fine.

Seems to be the same with the tempest, just a little more intense due to the increase in well, everything...

At least we have options to make it work for our individual needs.

corvo

I do both: iso and inferno. That inferno cleans all gunk the iso does not. I do not want to remove the balls.

If you have a colored tip, yes, the flame will scorch the color. Just watch where the flame hits. Avoid the base: only torch the tips as you see in the clip.

I made an earlier post about this method. Check it out for the full rationale. I hope it helps.
okay thank you , i see it again when i have my tempest , i continue waiting.... :bang:

ahm123

Fair enough. I guess it depends on use etc. I can definitely believe it can become too hot. I just don't experience it. I tend to normally only chain 2 bowls these days. I can easily imagine 4+ rapid fire bowls with Ti stem would get hot to touch.

People who envision chaining bowls rapidly should definitely consider the wood stem.
i personally get my favorite hits when the titanium is hot to the touch. it’s also fun to me how cool the vapor is in comparison. if you’re in a setting where you are passing that makes sense. i have the wood but i enjoy the quality of the vapor from the titanium. tastes much better imo to the point where i don’t even use the wood. to each their own tho

gosta

Does Mad Heaters stuff usually stay in stock long, do you think this is gonna sell out day one?

gosta,

leanpubpackage

Here’s my experience between different sleeves when touching between the head and airport after a few heat ups…assuming you don’t use the direct flow tube.

Revolve titanium, HOT, hard to handle
Tempest titanium, hot, can still handle but it will catch your attention
Wood, warm, no problem
Glass, warm, no problem

grognard3r

Does Mad Heaters stuff usually stay in stock long, do you think this is gonna sell out day one?

That's a good question. I don't know about this upcoming drop. There is a lot of FOMO hype now.

Back in November and December, I was amazed at how quickly everything sold. I sat reloading my browser. It was nail-biter time. I think the sales were wiped out in less than about 15 minutes. Does that seem right, folks?

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
That's a good question. I don't know about this upcoming drop. There is a lot of FOMO hype now.

Back in November and December, I was amazed at how quickly everything sold. I sat reloading my browser. It was nail-biter time. I think the sales were wiped out in less than about 15 minutes. Does that seem right, folks?
The beta sales have been a bit frantic with way more interest than stock, like 200 people trying to by 50 items all at once… but it’s also allowed brenyo to estimate and plan better for the demand moving forwards.

Revolve titanium, HOT, hard to handle
Tempest titanium, hot, can still handle but it will catch your attention
Wood, warm, no problem
Glass, warm, no problem
Was that the 3mm glass sleeve? I haven’t tried one only the 2mm which gets insanely hot.🥵

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Was looking for the Tempest cleaning box and couldn’t find it anymore on the website. Is it gone for good, @Brenyo?
Some of them are leaking unfortunately as soon as I want to make more than a few at once, which is not ideal. I'm working on a way to make them consistently and also considering changing the material to polypropylene.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
How do you get that stoney feeling from a Tempest? Not rhetorical I’m actually asking for advice.

The closest I’ve come is when I’ve put 2.5mm borosilicate balls in the cap. I heated the Tempest in the middle of the SS sheath with a single flame honest torch (spinning the Tempest) until the VI hit the third mark and hit it a few times, but there wasn’t much vapour coming after a couple of breaths and the VI had slid back down the the lowest mark.

I figured I just failed at heating it with the torch (as I usually use the wand) so I reheated the Tempest by heating the top of the heat matrix (spinning) with the same single flame torch until the VI was back at the third mark and I started hitting it again, but this time really hard and fast, DTL - breath after breath (not my normal MTL) and it was the most dense vapour I’ve experienced on the Tempest.

It was hot and the AVB was dark and I felt that throat feeling and the start of the onset of the more stoney effects but before it could peak it settled into a more familiar Tempest, mellow, grounded feeling.

Has anyone been able to repeatable stoney style effect’s from the Tempest and if so how?

RedZep

How do you get that stoney feeling from a Tempest? Not rhetorical I’m actually asking for advice.

The closest I’ve come is when I’ve put 2.5mm borosilicate balls in the cap. I heated the Tempest in the middle of the SS sheath with a single flame honest torch (spinning the Tempest) until the VI hit the third mark and hit it a few times, but there wasn’t much vapour coming after a couple of breaths and the VI had slid back down the the lowest mark.

I figured I just failed at heating it with the torch (as I usually use the wand) so I reheated the Tempest by heating the top of the heat matrix (spinning) with the same single flame torch until the VI was back at the third mark and I started hitting it again, but this time really hard and fast, DTL - breath after breath (not my normal MTL) and it was the most dense vapour I’ve experienced on the Tempest.

It was hot and the AVB was dark and I felt that throat feeling and the start of the onset of the more stoney effects but before it could peak it settled into a more familiar Tempest, mellow, grounded feeling.

Has anyone been able to repeatable stoney style effect’s from the Tempest and if so how?
I stopped experimenting with heating lower after I combusted doing it. I like the pure convection as it's my all all day vape. Not sure how much conduction we will be able to get out of it.

I don't think it would ever rival your Anvil for conduction effects, regardless of heating techniques.

All my vapes are pure convection currently. I'm in the market for a conduction vape, but I want it to be pure conduction. Unfortunately conduction vapes are just typically much worse than their convection counterparts.

kegstandman420

Idk I personally don't think convection vs conduction are going to give you that much of different highs. Either way it's just thc and terps getting absorbed into your lungs. Maybe try different strains.

kegstandman420,
Reactions: Jojofernz
Top Bottom