The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Reaching So Close GIF by TELUS

😅

grognard3r

If this is real, I am going to have to spend money this weekend lmaoo my check hits the 12th…figured all would be gone from the 10th by then
On my Revolve 2, the wooden stem gives me more of a "joint vibe." Great feel.

I tried my Revolve wood sleeve on the Tempest head. Feels good. Feels joint-like. But I switch my setup once in a while to glass (Revolve glass or DynaVap BB9).

I'll have to wean myself off the full titanium Tempest setup to fully appreciate the wood (and then the upcoming thicker glass sleeve). After 4-5 sessions with wood, I switched to my Revolve glass sleeve with black Revolve stem. Awesome white vapor-black stem contrast. I went back to the native titanium heat shield, though. It feels unique. What you ultimately decide for yourself--titanium, wood, glass--will rest mostly on personal preference.

I suppose in my subconscious I've made such a break from former vapes that the new Tempest with the new heat shield just keeps me coming back to its native form.

I am looking forward to the new sleeves, though. From what I recall, the glass will be thicker for the Tempest. I'm looking forward to feeling the wood to see if it is heftier than that of the Revolve wooden stem, too.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
The new batch arrived and there are some unexpected things as always… :ko:

The good:
- New airflow tubes are easier to remove, but still tight enough.
- The colors and wood sleeves are really nice.
- New heat shield o-ring (black again) is better, easier to push in place but still holds it well.

The bad:
- “final” VI’s are all a bit different so we have to make a new batch. I’ll manually adjust the ones that can be fixed which will take a few days.
- Bowl screen is now a bit too big. It stays in place very firmly though… maybe the 3rd batch 🤞

I’ll try to make as many as possible for the weekend.

Tempest wood sleeves are now Available
I do apricate you both sharing the good and the bad, but also having a sense of humor about it all, I mean you have to in the face of the ebb and flow of good news and bad, but still, every update feel like there is one less thing you have left to sort out (the wood looks pretty btw). Are you starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel yet? :)

I'll have to wean myself off the full titanium Tempest setup to fully appreciate the wood (and then the upcoming thicker glass sleeve). After 4-5 sessions with wood, I switched to my Revolve glass sleeve with black Revolve stem. Awesome white vapor-black stem contrast. I went back to the native titanium heat shield, though. It feels unique. What you ultimately decide for yourself--titanium, wood, glass--will rest mostly on personal preference.
Agreed, but also on how you use it and what your goal is, more flavour for that session, glass, more bowls in a row, wood, it kind of feels like any one could be able to do it all, but each one might just do one little thing better than the others.

Tigre

Was wondering at what time local UK time on prerelease day will I be able to place an order?

I’m excited to choose this as my introduction to dry-herb vaping! Just ordered a Reload so I’m committing to using a Vapcap of some sort.

rebelFarmer

On my Revolve 2, the wooden stem gives me more of a "joint vibe." Great feel.
Do you mean the vapour or the hand feel? Either way, you could not have wrote something that made me wanted to buy the sleeve more but I am trying to hold out hahaha until the final upgrade kit! It looks so good though!!

rebelFarmer,
Reactions: Brenyo

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Was wondering at what time local UK time on prerelease day will I be able to place an order?

I’m excited to choose this as my introduction to dry-herb vaping! Just ordered a Reload so I’m committing to using a Vapcap of some sort.
Countdown link

Will it be possible to buy Wand Adapter for Tempest standalone soon?
I've only planned it for the release, I don't have extras atm. Did you break it?

Brenyo,
Reactions: zer0k00l

grognard3r

Congratulations! You will be happy with the Tempest and the Reload. Skip the vapcap; it's third rate to the Tempest.

RedZep

Congratulations! You will be happy with the Tempest and the Reload. Skip the vapcap; it's third rate to the Tempest.
Second this. Dynavap will be amazing until it gets annoying how many heat cycles you need to get medicated. I would only recommend Dynavap to a very casual user with low tolerance.

Better options now, and Tempest is the best of those imo

grognard3r

Do you mean the vapour or the hand feel? Either way, you could not have wrote something that made me wanted to buy the sleeve more but I am trying to hold out hahaha until the final upgrade kit! It looks so good though!!
Hand feel.

Second this. Dynavap will be amazing until it gets annoying how many heat cycles you need to get medicated. I would only recommend Dynavap to a very casual user with low tolerance.

Better options now, and Tempest is the best of those imo

I've not timed it, but I guess the Tempest cuts medication time for me down to 1/3 of the time it took with a vapcap. So now I maybe need a solid 7 to 10 minutes with my Tempest. (Screw the old way.)

Vapcaps took at LEAST double that with a high powered torch.

Question for current users: what is your favorite setting for the airflow intake slots above the balls?

I ask because I was just messing around for the sake of science this morning: I set the air intake to the polar opposite of my standard setting. My standard is full open.

This morning's results with almost totally closed air intake: much thicker vapor (viewed through glass bong/no water) with 1/4 open (and then as closed as I could get it).

When I inspected the ABV of the closed intake settings, the roast was more even than when I have the setting on full air intake. Some of you asked how to get the lower layer of herb roasted more evenly (furthest from the balls). Perhaps play around with air intake settings more (to more closed). I was using a BB9 today, so other usual airflow settings on the Tempest were absent.

Oh, and I perceived the vapor from the closed intake was more tasty and a bit cooler. But this was from a dry glass bong. I'll need more experimentation here!

I'd be curious to know how other "veteran" Tempest users set their intake (and why). Do you set it on X for coolness or Y for taste or Z for the "drag feel?" "Drag" here means the similiar feeling you'd probably have if toking on a joint or a pulling inhale from a cigarette. What am I overlooking?

RedZep

I've not timed it, but I guess the Tempest cuts medication time for me down to 1/3 of the time it took with a vapcap. So now I maybe need a solid 7 to 10 minutes with my Tempest. (Screw the old way.)

Vapcaps took at LEAST double that with a high powered torch.

Question for current users: what is your favorite setting for the airflow intake slots above the balls?

I ask because I was just messing around for the sake of science this morning: I set the air intake to the polar opposite of my standard setting. My standard is full open.

This morning's results with almost totally closed air intake: much thicker vapor (viewed through glass bong/no water) with 1/4 open (and then as closed as I could get it).

When I inspected the ABV of the closed intake settings, the roast was more even than when I have the setting on full air intake. Some of you asked how to get the lower layer of herb roasted more evenly (furthest from the balls). Perhaps play around with air intake settings more (to more closed). I was using a BB9 today, so other usual airflow settings on the Tempest were absent.

Oh, and I perceived the vapor from the closed intake was more tasty and a bit cooler. But this was from a dry glass bong. I'll need more experimentation here!

I'd be curious to know how other "veteran" Tempest users set their intake (and why). Do you set it on X for coolness or Y for taste or Z for the "drag feel?" "Drag" here means the similiar feeling you'd probably have if toking on a joint or a pulling inhale from a cigarette. What am I overlooking?
The airflow setting at the tip is essentially vapour density. So I change it depending on set up. When using with glass I have it almost completely closed. If I'm using native with Helix tube I have it 3/4 closed. Same with half bowl and direct tube.

I don't use direct tube with full bowl.

Making the vapour denser with this setting also effects how easy it is to clear in a lung full. If you are attempting one big direct to lung hit (easier with half bowl) then you need to close off this airflow setting as much as possible otherwise.it will take too much lung space.

ezpz

Tip airflow locked at half open for me ( I set it, and don’t mess with it). On the native setup, I like MTL hits. On a wpa, DTL. Half open seems like a happy medium. Surprisingly, MTL didn’t do too well with the tip airflow almost closed. Not enough air flowing through the herb with small hits me thinks. IDK.

Lately, I’ve been using my Tempest with my Revolve2 with wood sleeve for the simple fact……. Ti gets hot, wood does not. Soooooo………..
ebony wood sleeve inbound.:rockon:

Singularity Walker

Current config:
Tempest Tip & Cap on Revolve G2 Glass with Tempest Cooling Unit & Revolve G2 Mouthpiece DRC Airtube combo.
Settings:
Tempest Head half open
DRC setting in Open mode, no SCU.
Stem airport half open, feathered as needed
320c as baseline temp on the Wand, but for some strains I take it up to 330c

Last edited:

Jojofernz

@Brenyo

Will the screen packs only be available on the 13th too? Really want that wood sleeve but not trying to have multiple shipping costs lol

Jojofernz,
Top Bottom