The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Cannabiker

Are you sure that it's not the spinning mouthpiece moving around while using it?
Yes, I'm sure--I keep the mouthpiece locked. It has too much play otherwise. I really don't care for rattly bits. But I've easily removed the play in the shield with an extra o-ring, so that problem is solved for me.

Thanks, as always, for your infinite patience with our petty concerns. I can't imagine the CEO of Storz and Bickell addressing every consumer criticism.

I don’t think I’ve been able to remove my heat shield since I first got the tempest lol and I’m not sure how I would, my problem seems to be the opposite as my shield is rock solid in place.
That was my initial experience, so I was suprised to find that it's held in place by a single o-ring. In fact, I was pretty sure I must have lost an o-ring until I did some research and inspection. I'm not sure whether the play was there before I removed the shield, but it was much more difficult to remove initially than it has been subsequently.

If I were you I'd leave it on, and don't try the test as described in @Duba's post. As Brenyo noted earlier, it's not a problem if you don't do that, like in the classic joke:

"Doctor, can you help me? My arm hurts when I do this."

"Sure, I can help. Don't do that."

RedZep

Yes, I'm sure--I keep the mouthpiece locked. It has too much play otherwise. I really don't care for rattly bits. But I've easily removed the play in the shield with an extra o-ring, so that problem is solved for me.

Thanks, as always, for your infinite patience with our petty concerns. I can't imagine the CEO of Storz and Bickell addressing every consumer criticism.

That was my initial experience, so I was suprised to find that it's held in place by a single o-ring. In fact, I was pretty sure I must have lost an o-ring until I did some research and inspection. I'm not sure whether the play was there before I removed the shield, but it was much more difficult to remove initially than it has been subsequently.

If I were you I'd leave it on, and don't try the test as described in @Duba's post. As Brenyo noted earlier, it's not a problem if you don't do that, like in the classic joke:

"Doctor, can you help me? My arm hurts when I do this."

"Sure, I can help. Don't do that."
I have the old green O-ring for the shield. It's not ISO safe, however I never have any of these issues. So I don't know if there is a difference, or if mine is similar but I don't notice. My Tempest feels perfect. I would be curious if my O-ring and the new ones are different somehow. But then most people are not reporting issues like this.

RedZep,

Shorner

I have the old green O-ring for the shield. It's not ISO safe, however I never have any of these issues. So I don't know if there is a difference, or if mine is similar but I don't notice. My Tempest feels perfect. I would be curious if my O-ring and the new ones are different somehow. But then most people are not reporting issues like this.
I have the grey o ring on my heatshield, it's a perfect fit, solid with no rattles.

ezpz

Yeah! I haven’t been able to get it off, granted I haven’t tried any desperate tactics but each time I clean it, it won’t come apart so o just wash and rinse as best I can before putting it back together
Same here. I haven’t removed the heat shield since getting it.

ezpz,
Reactions: TedJones

Mrgreenthumb

Deciding if I should get a pre release tempest or wait for release, are visual indicators working currently? I know we are waiting for the clicks to be calibrated still

Mrgreenthumb,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Re the scruffywoofer stand, one thing I am mildly interested in finding out, does the height of the anvil one provide any benefit for the the tempest over the one the tempest currently sits in?
I'd say the Anvil one wouldn't work for the Tempest as the hole it sits in is significantly larger and the Heat matrix is within the heatsink so, works pretty well as it is,

It has a weak magnet purposely, as with stronger you would struggle pulling Tempest out of stand cuz you can't just tilt it on side as with Reload magnet.
I just need to get a replacement as mine didn't come with a magnet at all

I've got pretty used to removing the heat shield and I have noticed that the o-ring is starting to take a beating and I am worried if I remove it to much the o-ring will break or something, its not holding its shape anymore. I don't soak the heatshield/radiator sleave at the moment, I just clean it out as best I can as I don't want to put that o-ring in any more iso or under any more stress until I can get replacements. Leaving it in place would have been the best option I recon... live an learn.

I have the grey o ring on my heatshield, it's a perfect fit, solid with no rattles.
you have a gray one? hmmm might have to ask Brenyo where I can get them as my green one isn't happy :(

VapingYogi,

Shorner

you have a gray one? hmmm might have to ask Brenyo where I can get them as my green one isn't happy :(
Yes mate , for those struggling try turning the heat shield a few turns left or right while pushing on it a bit ,mine just snaps over the o ring nicely doing this.

Shorner,
Reactions: Brenyo

lluther

My tempest screen has been clogging, I've got a feeling it's because I don't clean it immediately after using it, I wait until the next use. Whats the consensus on best screens to get? I'd like to order some.

lluther,

Shorner

My tempest screen has been clogging, I've got a feeling it's because I don't clean it immediately after using it, I wait until the next use. Whats the consensus on best screens to get? I'd like to order some.
I ordered some off ebay, 10mm and they fit perfectly...when you finish a bowl blow through it, mine never cloggs up doing this👍 I have mangled a couple of screens up on the edges but I'm rough with the de bowler.

ezpz

Howzit everyone. I started testing full bowls. Damn this vape is amazing. After only testing half bowls, a full bowl hammered me real good. I think the full bowl takes advantage of the excellent heat retention. In half bowl, you can exhaust all the goodness well before the heat dies down. In full bowl, the clouds just keep coming.

Friendly tip to those new to this vape. Start your testing on half bowl first. It makes the inevitable combustion events less painful.

After finding my sweet spots on half bowl, full bowl was very little adjustment from there. Maybe a 10 degree difference on the wand (Fahrenheit).

Cleaned everything so I could shoot a video, and was surprised at how dirty my wand adapter was. Easy clean though with an iso qtip.

So here’s my full bowl one hitter. Wand set to 610F, heat till timeout. Airflow half open.

Yup. I love this vape. Happy New Year everyone.
:cheers:

lluther

I ordered some off ebay, 10mm and they fit perfectly...when you finish a bowl blow through it, mine never cloggs up doing this👍 I have mangled a couple of screens up on the edges but I'm rough with the de bowler.
Thanks for the tip, will try and do that!

lluther,
Reactions: Shorner

Shorner

I got my Tempest from the last drop, my VI is accurate the clicks are about 10secs out...if you use the wand you can let it run till time out for a spot on extraction everytime, the VI or clicks don't mean anything to me the way I use it with the wand.

Last edited:

Smknbud

Will the visual indicator work/ be tuned when the pre release kits drop on the 10th? Also how would you know what temp to hit at without click or visual indicator currently?
The current VI works.

As @Brenyo stated couple pages back the next batch updates include:
- Final bowl screen
- Updated airflow tubes that are easier to remove
- Updated heat shield o-ring

Still no calibrated click unfortunately. New estimate for release is March.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
The current VI works.

As @Brenyo stated couple pages back the next batch updates include:
- Final bowl screen
- Updated airflow tubes that are easier to remove
- Updated heat shield o-ring

Still no calibrated click unfortunately. New estimate for release is March.

I've missed a lot of updates....
Calibrated VI and Half Bowl setting would be so awesome...

I am not using my Tempest much, I really REALLY miss it... I can't manage the Temperature and I keep burning the bowl and having to clean it..
I gave up even trying to use it after the third soak and clean and messaged a few people to try and figure out what I could do better...

I just failed again.. i was hoping I could say "its fine now but eariler" but no... :( I know I am having all these issues because I am getting distracted by pain and it its not the device that's the problem...

Its both embarrassing and frustrating..

Last edited:
Question about the tip,

im not a fan of any type of intercooler or cooling unit. For me I just use a straight condenser that fit inside the tip and mouthpiece so there is no air pocket.

I run a Vesttrato anvil USA that way and it's the most potent and the best way for stem to last long without needing a cleanning.

Question is what is the diameter that fit inside the tempest tip (oven) is it made the same size as a dynavap tip or a little larger.

Dynavap OEM condenser 4mm inner diameter fit inside dynavap tip but a simrell 5mm inner diameter dont fit inside a dynavap tip.

On the Vesttrato Anvil USA the simrell stinger wich is 5mm inner diameter fit inside the USA kit.

Im guessing the outer diameter is 6mm for simrell condenser.

I already know that im going to run the tempest straigh pipe like my anvil so I would like to get ready and get the parts that I need to build my stem the way I like them

Can someone having a simrell condenser test if they fit all the way inside the tip please. If they dont I will order a dynavap condenser.

At the same time im not sure how this tempest is built so maybee it wont work the way Im used to.

Thanks to the one having my answer... if any

TedJones

I've missed a lot of updates....
Calibrated VI and Half Bowl setting would be so awesome...

I am not using my Tempest much, I really REALLY miss it... I can't manage the Temperature and I keep burning the bowl and having to clean it..
I gave up even trying to use it after the third soak and clean and messaged a few people to try and figure out what I could do better...

I just failed again.. i was hoping I could say "its fine now but eariler" but no... :( I know I am having all these issues because I am getting distracted by pain and it its not the device that's the problem...

Its both embarrassing and frustrating..
Dang, that sucks :huh: Maybe someone who is using the wand can time it from cold start to finish. Then set a timer for yourself and adjust to your preference?

TedJones,
Top Bottom