The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Dayum... Just got home from work...
guess i missed it too...
Told myself to wait for full release but read the post from Brenyo and went to the site straight away, if they would have been available resistance would have been futile. Reached for my bankcard before the site opened...

Oh well... some more waiting won't kill me (but it sure feels like i'm dying ATM... The horror is real!!)

Misterhyde

I can help with that, just got some more indicators and have a few of the Ti's prepared from last time so they're now available on the website.
All o-rings iso safe and likely final visual indicator, uncalibrated clicks.
Omg! You tagged me specifically and I still missed them, lol. I drove home and then the wife tempted me with a little adult time so I guess I didn't miss out completely. I'm sure I will manage one soon. I really appreciate you giving me the heads up though!!!

Yahoo!! long time lurker here, I just bagged one from the website although now they seem to be sold out again. Told myself I was going to wait for full release but immediately went to the website when I saw Brenyo's post. Damn vas and fomo guiding my hand again!

Shorner

I missed out yet again too, any other day I would of been home and have read brenyos post earlier, something is telling me I'm going to be waiting until full release, even with 50 units up for grabs on Saturday I won't be quick enough to put my details in i have the finger dexterity of a sloth:rofl:

Last edited:
Shorner,

jbm

I got in. Would have liked to get a blue/purple but happy to have scored one. Now I wait. Expensive month between this, the Lotus Black Friday, and the coming Vapman Station.

Smknbud

I missed out yet again too, any other day I would of been home and have read brenyos post earlier, something is telling me I'm going to be waiting until full release, even with 50 units up for grabs on Saturday I won't be quick enough to put my details in i have the finger dexterity of a sloth:rofl:
Go through the motions of acting like you are going to order something and fill out the order form completely but don't do the payment thing and come this Saturday all the info should repopulate on the form and all you will have to do is checkout after adding a Tempest to your cart. If you are going to want a Reload then put it in your cart before the Tempest drop happens.

Shorner

Go through the motions of acting like you are going to order something and fill out the order form completely but don't do the payment thing and come this Saturday all the info should repopulate on the form and all you will have to do is checkout after adding a Tempest to your cart. If you are going to want a Reload then put it in your cart before the Tempest drop happens.
Cheers, im not exactly tech savvy , I'm old school mate, im not jumping through hoops to buy a vape, I will wait if I have too 😀

Shorner,

Shorner

Its a really small review as I like to work things out properly before I start expressing my feelings, but I am finding that the feeling you get from the Tempest is actually stronger than you would expect from so little product

I just had a hit from the tempest that reminded me of when I use my Anvil and I remembered you asked this question, what do you mean "hit harder" exactly?
Exactly what I said....does a bowl in the Tempest get you more fucked up than a Anvil bowl of the same amount of bud ?

Shorner,

terpguy420

Just don't clear your browser cache until then.

terpguy420,

techtoker

After reading about the Ball screens, i was checking mine. It sits tight, but one fin of the screen is bent in a bit. I screwed it off and tried to flatten it, which work fine. But after installing it, the same fin is bent in again. I can also hear the balls rattle, but i heard that before too. The screen sits tight, but can the bent fin lead to become a loose screen?
Post, ahem adjustment, the same thing happened to mine. Seems secure though.

@Brenyo, I'm back in business! Thank you for the support. It had been a long day, and I was absolutely devastated to think I might not be able to use my tempest again for a while.

Btw, does anyone know of a good online, US based place to buy replacement or alternative balls?

techtoker,
Reactions: Grover

RedZep

I hate to brag but it looks like I got lucky twice today! A Tempest has been ordered.
da baby GIF

Lately with a lighter pack, I have been getting full extraction after like 3 big rips. I could reheat and get a little more but wouldn't taste great. Been using the helix tube, open, with the cap wide open after Brenyo mentioned it. I feel like you can't really go wrong no matter what the settings. All are a little different but still have great large rips. It's interesting how the heat transfers so differently between the direct tube and helix tube. The helix with open setting makes the stem/cage hotter, but cools the vapor so much you barely notice it until you have a sizable hit. I never really noticed the vapor being overly hot with the direct tube but it will be interesting to go back to it from the Helix. There's so many combinations to test! It's just great. The only other vapes I have are Dynavaps but I haven't reached for them once since the Tempest landed. Only a few rosin rips in the proxy. Its been a fun first week so far!

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Exactly what I said....does a bowl in the Tempest get you more fucked up than an Anvil bowl of the same amount of bud ?
Yes, it can, it’s how you use it, but you can RDL perfectly and get a hit that’s better than from an Anvil

My test kit doesn’t have click discs or a accurate indicator so using it unregulated.

bhasma

Yes, it can, it’s how you use it, but you can RDL perfectly and get a hit that’s better than from an Anvil

My test kit doesn’t have click discs or a accurate indicator so using it unregulated.
Riding the line means complete extraction without combustion, so I'm not sure what you mean by better. Is it easier to achieve consistently? Does it taste better? Or are you suggesting that complete extraction is somehow more complete and thus more potent?

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Riding the line means complete extraction without combustion, so I'm not sure what you mean by better. Is it easier to achieve consistently? Does it taste better? Or are you suggesting that complete extraction is somehow more complete and thus more potent?
Yeah see that's partly my problem with the question :)

I was able to do an single heat extraction on the Tempest, that felt like a full extraction, it left the AVB right on that line of brown to the point that you wonder if you pushed it more it would burn, very toasty., I put it into my Ball Vape (Taroma 360) to see if there was much left and there wasn't much vapor left.

So that cycle, it felt very similar to the single heat extraction trying to RDL on the Anvil.... only with the Tempest it tasted better, the vapor was cooler and the Tempest heat retention is better allowing you more time to complete your extraction.

Subjectively, the signature between the Anvil and the Tempest is different, the Tempest so far feels a little more "heady", the flavor is so much improved over the Anvil it surprised me.

I hope that explains the statement a bit better

RxPlorer

Yeah see that's partly my problem with the question :)

I was able to do an single heat extraction on the Tempest, that felt like a full extraction, it left the AVB right on that line of brown to the point that you wonder if you pushed it more it would burn, very toasty., I put it into my Ball Vape (Taroma 360) to see if there was much left and there wasn't much vapor left.

So that cycle, it felt very similar to the single heat extraction trying to RDL on the Anvil.... only with the Tempest it tasted better, the vapor was cooler and the Tempest heat retention is better allowing you more time to complete your extraction.

Subjectively, the signature between the Anvil and the Tempest is different, the Tempest so far feels a little more "heady", the flavor is so much improved over the Anvil it surprised me.

I hope that explains the statement a bit better
More heady makes sense. Vapes with conduction always felt more body stony to me than full convention vapes using the same flower

Top Bottom