The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I would like to have seen a darker avb for a RTL extraction, I will show you how it's done when I get one mate:rofl:
that was my first attempt 20 hrs ago, it was just a photo I had available, i'll get you one like you're looking for with an Anvil bowl beside it

VapingYogi,
Reactions: Shorner

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Is it possible to get a full extraction in 1lung full like the Anvil?
I haven't actually tried to do that as such.

I'm still in the figuring out the nuances of the Tempest before trying to really compare against other devices. I only offered that initial opinion against the Anvil, as I would normally be using the Anvil instead of the Tempest - so there is some level of comparison being made organically, but I am not trying to replicate the experience I get on a different device as the Tempest has its own signature that I am starting to figure out and quite enjoying it as its own device.

Sativapo

I saw the prelease but I wasn't desperate enough to have it without a working temp regulation... I don't get it btw will the final version be more expensive ?

RedZep

Yeah see that's partly my problem with the question :)

I was able to do an single heat extraction on the Tempest, that felt like a full extraction, it left the AVB right on that line of brown to the point that you wonder if you pushed it more it would burn, very toasty., I put it into my Ball Vape (Taroma 360) to see if there was much left and there wasn't much vapor left.

So that cycle, it felt very similar to the single heat extraction trying to RDL on the Anvil.... only with the Tempest it tasted better, the vapor was cooler and the Tempest heat retention is better allowing you more time to complete your extraction.

Subjectively, the signature between the Anvil and the Tempest is different, the Tempest so far feels a little more "heady", the flavor is so much improved over the Anvil it surprised me.

I hope that explains the statement a bit better
I agree with all this. Anvil has a clear conduction bias in comparison. Both potent at higher temps, but with different signature. I prefer Tempest signature, but that's purely subjective.

RedZep,
Reactions: bhasma

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I have mainly been using the Tempest for the last 3 hours while watching Selling Sunset Reunion episode and a movie...

I agree with all this. Anvil has a clear conduction bias in comparison. Both potent at higher temps, but with different signature. I prefer Tempest signature, but that's purely subjective.
I agree, but gimme 48 hours to have a chance to play more....

The Tempest is going to replace my Freight Train Pro, that is obvious even now after 36 hours of using it (and mine is unregulated) the taste is as good as my Freight Train Pro, but the Thermal mass of the Tempest in comparison to the size of the bowl is tweaked to the point that you get a good full flavored complete extraction (if you want to) in a single heat up - and I can do it on the couch.... or I can do a couple of heats and because of the heavy convection bias your herb is protected, its only heated really when you draw air through the system (there is mild radiant heat but not much unless you are doing back to back bowls) back to back bowls without allowing the system to cool down can get to the point where its a bit hot to touch, but you have to be really chaining them. I am still going to want my Taroma 360 for macro hits (like when I can't walk because of pain) and I have used my Anvil a couple of times when the Tempest was quite hot after trying to hotswap 5 or 6 bowls in a row, I like the Anvil for its own reasons and its own signature.

but I am reaching for the Tempest, even though I have to put a lot of attention to manage the temp without click disc or a accurate visual indicator (I have ADHD, I combusted a few bowls before I found a way to manage it... was so annoyed at myself)

I am going to put my (*cough*) Simrell wood sleave on it to have a go with a lined 12mm wood (if it all fits together) to see how the wood changes the experience with back to back bowls

Last edited:

RedZep

Is it possible to get a full extraction in 1lung full like the Anvil?
I posted a vid of a single lung full bowl extraction on page 25. I use diaphragmatic breathing for hits like that. So it's doable with little practice, or for someone with naturally large lung capacity.

Huge hit, but didn't make me cough. I haven't tried doing it with half bowl setting as my early test unit doesn't have that functionality.

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I posted a vid of a single lung full bowl extraction on page 25. I use diaphragmatic breathing for hits like that. So it's doable with little practice, or for someone with naturally large lung capacity.

Huge hit, but didn't make me cough. I haven't tried doing it with half bowl setting as my early test unit doesn't have that functionality.
I guess I am going to try this now :)

Jojofernz

I see on the site expected release is January now, tempting me to try to get in on this pre-release Saturday cause I kinda want this bad boy by Christmas, is there gonna be anymore pre-releases before full release after this weekend?

Brenyo

Manufacturer
I see on the site expected release is January now, tempting me to try to get in on this pre-release Saturday cause I kinda want this bad boy by Christmas, is there gonna be anymore pre-releases before full release after this weekend?
I don't plan to do more of them currently unless there's a lot more delay.

The timer is up on the product page

It’s happening at the exact time, no waiting this time. Ti only.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
OK, I am weakening. I think I need to avoid this thread or I'm done for. My intention has been to wait for the release because I would prefer to get my chosen color combo and avoid the Gladiator queue on Saturday. However, my VAS for this vape is starting to build and I may not be able to resist. Unlike the Borg who crushes resistance with high powered weaponry, the MH collective amps up our desire by offering irresistible technology for satisfying our greatest desire for effective and competent inebriation and/or medication. A conqueror who by defeating us increases our sense of well being.
Resistance IS futile...

RedZep

OK, I am weakening. I think I need to avoid this thread or I'm done for. My intention has been to wait for the release because I would prefer to get my chosen color combo and avoid the Gladiator queue on Saturday. However, my VAS for this vape is starting to build and I may not be able to resist. Unlike the Borg who crushes resistance with high powered weaponry, the MH collective amps up our desire by offering irresistible technology for satisfying our greatest desire for effective and competent inebriation and/or medication. A conqueror who by defeating us increases our sense of well being.
Resistance IS futile...
Bar your doors and shutter your windows, there's a Tempest a comin yonder horizon

Dubber

Oh man, I hoped it would be earlier in the day on saturday … at this exact time I will be playing a concert … guess I‘ll have to wait for the main release.

Dubber,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
After less than a week of use there was a visible buildup of honey on the Helix for me, lest that be misconstrued I find that an impressive display of the devices capability both in extracting and in cooling. Disassembled and dropped it into the ultrasonic cleaner...should have thought to check security on the ball screen, as I was shaking it around and blowing into it to try and speed up drying, the balls dumped out. I think I lost about 20% of them, ended up putting three 4mm rubies near the tip on top of a base of the z balls, put all the z balls I was able to locate back in and topped it off with a few 3mm rubies to capacity.

Still Tempest/ZX are the only flower devices I've reached for since Tempest arrived. Can't wait to expand my Tempest selection and accessories when it drops!

Shorner

Resistance IS futile...
I'm pretty much the same , I was going to hang on but after seeing all the reviews and clouds its just too much for me 🤣l

techtoker

After less than a week of use there was a visible buildup of honey on the Helix for me, lest that be misconstrued I find that an impressive display of the devices capability both in extracting and in cooling. Disassembled and dropped it into the ultrasonic cleaner...should have thought to check security on the ball screen, as I was shaking it around and blowing into it to try and speed up drying, the balls dumped out. I think I lost about 20% of them, ended up putting three 4mm rubies near the tip on top of a base of the z balls, put all the z balls I was able to locate back in and topped it off with a few 3mm rubies to capacity.

Still Tempest/ZX are the only flower devices I've reached for since Tempest arrived. Can't wait to expand my Tempest selection and accessories when it drops!
Oh no! The same thing happened to me too.

techtoker,

Singularity Walker

Hi, stopping here as my first post over from reddit. Been using a Dynavap for a few years now. Have both Revolve Gen 1 & Gen 2.

I've had a beta of The Tempest (Ti/Ti) for about a month now, where Visual Indicator is not calibrated & click is nonexistent & came with the mesh instead of final ball retainer screen.
I recently ordered more Gen 2 Reloads (perfect pairing with Tempest) and Mad Magnets. Included with that was sent a final ball retainer screen.
I like the final ball retainer screen better than the mesh screen but as others noted I can now hear the balls rattle a bit.
As others mentioned, one fin at a single point is lower than the others but that makes sense since that would be the only way it could follow the threading to screw in place.

Now to my impression of The Tempest itself.
I love it!
I have scarring inside my throat causing it to irritate easily. Therefore I tend to sip more than power draw. Somehow I'm able to pull nice clouds when using The Tempest. I still cough sometimes but I finally get that satisfying lung feel I couldn't quite pull off with other vape devices because I would cough too soon.
I can usually clear a bowl in one heating. However, if I don't the VI, even uncalibrated, allows me to judge when it is hot enough to hit again which means I can get a good reheat if needed to make sure I fully extract every last bit from what is in the bowl.

The only cons I have found so far:
I'm enjoying the experience so much I've been indulging a bit more than usual.
I can't buy more yet to rotate through them and have different colors.

Last edited:

Duba

Accessory Maker
Resistance IS futile...
From the beginning, I decided to wait for the official release and choose the configuration I liked. I followed the thread from afar, knowing from the start that I wanted this vape.
And then I passed by here the other day when the mini drop was just announced... I went to the site and there it was, available.
Resistance dropped to rock bottom instantly and I pulled out the Credit Card. Brenyo won, I've got a Tempest on the way:D.
I can't wait

Top Bottom