The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

kokolokokolokon

Well. I tried the 2mm rubi balls and just a couple of heat ups with (herb-halfbowl).

The 2mm rubi balls have a faster heat up but they retain a little less heat than the 2,5mm zirconia . Since they are a little smaller + 1/2 (or less) airflow seems better for mtl hits

And the 2.5mm quartz heat up way faster but it gives you 3/4 hits. The point here is, if you just want to use herb in a with dtl hits….you can kill it with 2/3 hits at 310/320C till time out message in the wand.

Fromthesticks

Strange as the guy on you tube that did a review (Cannacare GB or summit) said the taste was absolutely phenomenol lol...I'm looking forward to what other users say, really hope this thing isn't being over hyped.
dont quote me but Im pretty sure he has something to do with the company.

Fromthesticks,

Fromthesticks

Seeing talk of dark abv, anyone got a photo of that who runs this thing at click/indicator temps and not exceeding it?

Fromthesticks,

Magiano

dont quote me but Im pretty sure he has something to do with the company.
Really? I thought, it was just the case, that he had a YouTube channel and is from the uk. More like a convenience thing for madheaters because the are from the uk, too.
A little bit over enthusiastic sometimes, because of the free betas and review kits, which is understandable to some point looking at the size of his channel but it didn't look like he was hiding real flaws in the products (looking at other bigger channels...) even pointing out things which are not final and need more time, but I don't know him, maybe I'm wrong.

Fromthesticks

Really? I thought, it was just the case, that he had a YouTube channel and is from the uk. More like a convenience thing for madheaters because the are from the uk, too.
A little bit over enthusiastic sometimes, because of the free betas and review kits, which is understandable to some point looking at the size of his channel but it didn't look like he was hiding real flaws in the products (looking at other bigger channels...) even pointing out things which are not final and need more time, but I don't know him, maybe I'm wrong.
videos 5-6 months old and has a tempest.

Fromthesticks,

Magiano

videos 5-6 months old and has a tempest.
Yes, and we have the first pictures of the tempest here around 6 months old so? He is from the uk. The tempest is ready for quite some time, it was always the temp indicators and clickers holding it back. Why wouldn't he have one as a reviewer and medical user who posts videos on YouTube? Doesn't mean he is getting paid for it. I mean, I don't say it isn't the case, but looking at other youtubers with big fat logos of the companys in their videos, in which case you know they will rave about how awesome the most mundane little change is, I don't have any indication, that it is the same case with him, until I have more concrete evidence.

Fromthesticks

Yes, and we have the first pictures of the tempest here around 6 months old so? He is from the uk. The tempest is ready for quite some time, it was always the temp indicators and clickers holding it back. Why wouldn't he have one as a reviewer and medical user who posts videos on YouTube? Doesn't mean he is getting paid for it. I mean, I don't say it isn't the case, but looking at other youtubers with big fat logos of the companys in their videos, in which case you know they will rave about how awesome the most mundane little change is, I don't have any indication, that it is the same case with him, until I have more concrete evidence.
never once said he was getting paid lol, it just seems like the tempest and his revolve gen 2 videos are promos and not reviews.

Fromthesticks,

RedZep

People giving critical feedback is a service to the forum. However I believe some points that have been made may be born out of inexperience with the device imo.

I've been doing low temp hits all morning, native in glass sleeve sans SCU, and in a j-hook using BB3 as a WPA. Lovely taste. Getting pure lemon terps from my current batch. I'll be posting low temp native use videos with the glass sleeve later. I already had it set to j-hook mode when I decided to record.

Here is AVB. I tried putting it through again later once device cooled down. Heated it for 40seconds for a deep roast to see what else I could extract. Not much came out. I would argue this device is achieving a thorough low temp extraction similar to what can be achieved with a TM2.

Here is the rainbow glass. Trying to roll it around in the light to show different colours that can be reflected.

Here is couple of pics. Rainbow followed by clear glass.

Last edited:

kokolokokolokon

Seeing talk of dark abv, anyone got a photo of that who runs this thing at click/indicator temps and not exceeding it?
I can’t take photos right now but 30 minutes i did heat up the tempest with a torch and quartz balls with half bowl of herb: full extracted abv, dark brown (almost back) im 3 hits reaching the third line. I will share videos when i can (the same if I use the wand at 300C)

Ps: i dont know if I said it but…but think have a great taste! I understand if someone who vape with full glass devices get a worse taste, bit this still have great flavor.

Last edited:

Magiano

never once said he was getting paid lol, it just seems like the tempest and his revolve gen 2 videos are promos and not reviews.
Ok maybe I was to fast on conclusions but if someone says "something to do with the company" I would imply that person works for them or gets paid by them, which would immediately disqualify all opinions on something in most cases.
Why not both? Betas as promos and the final version as a review, don't see anything wrong in doing that and in the promos he pointed out on things which were not final and in need of improvement.

garett

Do you screw on the cap by hand? If you do it on the reload and it's only finger tight it should come off. You can also use the other side of the lid if it's a gen 2
If not then either your screw is sticking out on the bottom of the cap so there is no good contact with the magnet (a scratched magnet would be a good indication of this) or there's some herb got stuck in your thread.
I screw it on by hand only when i use it the first time. What do you mean with the other side of the lid? The inside? It does not look like the screw is sticking out. I tried to tighten it, but it was super tight :)

garett,

RedZep

Ok maybe I was to fast on conclusions but if someone says "something to do with the company" I would imply that person works for them or gets paid by them, which would immediately disqualify all opinions on something in most cases.
Why not both? Betas as promos and the final version as a review, don't see anything wrong in doing that and in the promos he pointed out on things which were not final and in need of improvement.
Isn't this all a bit moot since it's not 6 months ago, and we now have multiple users like myself giving two thumbs up to the device?

That guy's video was thin in detail and feedback imo. It's since been bettered by people in this thread

RedZep,

Magiano

Seems i was super lucky. Customs and tax where only 16 euro.
I was shocked to read the 80€. Here in germany it's 19% of the initial price and shipping+ few euros for customs.
@RedZep you are right. The feedback from guys like you (mostly you) was the big factor in my decision to DEFINITELY get one. Thank you for all your long and detailed contributions, but for cannacare gbs video... I saw it more of a "first impressions" kind of video.

Last edited:

MDude

I was shocked to read the 80€. Here in germany it's 19% of the initial price and shipping+ few euros for customs.
VAT was 59.68 euro , customs 15.62 euro and another 4.91 euro additional cost (for I dont know what - I guess for calculating and charging VAT and customs) to be specific.
Its brutal.

MDude,
  • Wow
Reactions: Magiano

Smknbud

I screw it on by hand only when i use it the first time. What do you mean with the other side of the lid? The inside? It does not look like the screw is sticking out. I tried to tighten it, but it was super tight :)
If you have the Reload Gen 2 unscrew the top lid that has the magnet on it and turn it over and you will see a recess area with two flat sides that will line up with the flat edges of the Thermal Matrix of the Tempest (part that has the visual indicators).

Smknbud,
Reactions: Timps27

garett

If you have the Reload Gen 2 unscrew the top lid that has the magnet on it and turn it over and you will see a recess area with two flat sides that will line up with the flat edges of the Thermal Matrix of the Tempest (part that has the visual indicators).
Mindblown, thx mate.

mcscruffy

On the topic of flavor, I can only speak for myself but I have never been able to get flavor like I do off the Tempest from my Dynas or Revolve Gen 2s. It is pure and clean (and potent).

The other factor is I could get relatively consistent experiences with the others but it is so simple to dial right in to perfect consistency with that heat indicator. That alone was the reason I bought one as I don't often have a lot of time to medicate and this allows quick reheats if desired with no chance of combustion after you get the hang of it and dial in to your happy place. Everything else has been a bonus or pleasant surprise.

I've never used an Anvil, Vapman, B0, or other equipment mentioned here, but the flavor in my opinion is awesome and the best I've had from a portable vape so far (Mighty+, Dyna M Plus, Revolves as comparison equipment). I still haven't done any adjustments to the airflow at the cap end because I still couldn't get it to budge... I think I need to loosen the screw a bit first but honestly I'm happy where it's at for now.

I definitely do not like the screen that is in the pre-release unit for the bowl, though. I can't find any 10.25mm mesh filters online so far so hopefully @Brenyo can get those final screens asap. Even using the Reload's debowler, emptying the ABV is my least favorite part of the process because it catches on the screen so you have to use light pressure. After about 7 bowls so far is probably 15-20% clogged.

Overall I'm still firmly of the stance Brenyo knocked this out of the park, relative to what my expectations were. I wished it held temps between indicators 1 and 3 for just a bit longer, but I suspect some different balls would help here? I'm still very ignorant to the world of ball vapes so I don't know much about the different types, sizes, and their pros and cons.

Has anyone experienced a sort of odd smell coming from the wand ever? With these longer heat up times I've been noticing it. When I smell the wand now after like 5 min from my last bowl, it has the same faint odd smell. Anyone ever notice it? Anyone want to give the wand hole a sniff and see if it smells like anything? Mayne it's just burn off or something since I've never ran it for this long of times? But I've prob smoked like 20 tempest bowls by now.

BuddBuddly,
Reactions: mcscruffy

mcscruffy

Has anyone experienced a sort of odd smell coming from the wand ever? With these longer heat up times I've been noticing it. When I smell the wand now after like 5 min from my last bowl, it has the same faint odd smell. Anyone ever notice it? Anyone want to give the wand hole a sniff and see if it smells like anything? Mayne it's just burn off or something since I've never ran it for this long of times? But I've prob smoked like 20 tempest bowls by now.
I was looking up wand electrical burning smell last night, actually! Never had any issues heating the Dyna tips (helix, mainly) but I can smell a burning type smell from the wand after running it to heat the Tempest.

I was concerned the sleeve on the glass insert wasn't in correctly but it is good, so I dunno. I couldn't find anything about it last night so I'm glad to see someone else say something.

mcscruffy,
I was looking up wand electrical burning smell last night, actually! Never had any issues heating the Dyna tips (helix, mainly) but I can smell a burning type smell from the wand after running it to heat the Tempest.

I was concerned the sleeve on the glass insert wasn't in correctly but it is good, so I dunno. I couldn't find anything about it last night so I'm glad to see someone else say something.
Yeah it's sort of an electrical burning smell for sure

BuddBuddly,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Yeah it's sort of an electrical burning smell for sure
Never noticed it with any of my wands, could you please take out the silicone and smell if it’s maybe that? It should be sealed around the coil and so the smell would have to come from the buttons or the battery instead if it’s something internal.

Brenyo,
Reactions: Cheebsy
Top Bottom