The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Thanks. Nothing suspicious about my posts. I've been posting at the same rate since page 1. Only my earlier posts were questions, speculation and excitement.

People can get paranoid if they like based on the rate of positive feedback I've given. But I'll be buying my unit day one with the rest of you. I'll be putting my money where my mouth is, regardless of having a test unit. I simply love the vape, and I can substantiate in detail why. My feedback is organic and honest, just as was asked of me.
Since getting your unit to test, you have been a prolific poster of detailed info based on your own experience with the vape. You have spent the time to answer most all of the questions that have been put to you. We all appreciate the effort you have made. Thanks.

johnnyCanuck

I'm in when Soothing Vapours gets them in stock. I'd order direct, but if Canadian customs decides to charge me duty... it's going to be a hefty sum. I'd rather know what my total purchase price is without any surprises.

To add to the "Closest thing to smoking a joint" descriptor, RedZep is probably correct wrt what vapes are currently on the market. However, IMO the only way to closely replicate it, is high heat retention, with a decent portable IH that will bring the vape back to desired temperature in under approx 10 seconds after the first heat up. Solve this issue, and it'll be golden. 🤷🏻‍♂
Only IH I can think of is Vestratto's Forge that is supposed to come out soon... although it is portable, pics of the prototypes seem like the unit is HUGE in hand!

Wylie

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Like many of you I have been keeping a close eye on this thread. I am patiently waiting for the official launch, but am definitely planning on getting a Tempest! I have been loving the reviews/feedback.

I have a Revolve gen2 and a Reload gen2 so I know the quality of Madheaters releases. The only slight disappointment I have is that the Tempest won't work with my Yll 2.

RedZep

I'm in when Soothing Vapours gets them in stock. I'd order direct, but if Canadian customs decides to charge me duty... it's going to be a hefty sum. I'd rather know what my total purchase price is without any surprises.

To add to the "Closest thing to smoking a joint" descriptor, RedZep is probably correct wrt what vapes are currently on the market. However, IMO the only way to closely replicate it, is high heat retention, with a decent portable IH that will bring the vape back to desired temperature in under approx 10 seconds after the first heat up. Solve this issue, and it'll be golden. 🤷🏻‍♂
Only IH I can think of is Vestratto's Forge that is supposed to come out soon... although it is portable, pics of the prototypes seem like the unit is HUGE in hand!
I agree if wanting to use it like that outdoors. I don't like using a torch outside. I've took the Tempest on a hike, and I just stopped every now and again for a single bowl using the wand IH.

However when using indoors I am absolutely achieving a joint like experience. The reheat time is really fast, like 50% of initial heat up time, and that's with a single flame torch (mid sized torch) I'm going to get a triple flame this week and see how that improves it further. Once you get good at hot reloads in only takes seconds also.

Once the Tempest is up to temp, it's so easy to keep it's temp up for repeated bowls. My favourite way for long joint session is initial IH heat up, followed by torch reheats. This might change when I have a model with a click disc, and can chain in the IH. I can only speculate on what that would be like, so no point.

EDIT - By torch re heats I'm refering to new bowls. There's never a need to reheat for the same bowl. That's what I'm refering to if I say chaining bowls. Finishing a bowl, reload, reheat back to temp, repeat.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy

I'm planning on getting a Tempest and I'm quite certain the Wand will be enough.

I'm basing this on owning a Stunner, which is also a portable ball vape in this style (all derived from the Thermal Accumulator essentially). The Stunner wasn't even optimized for IH heating and I can get it back to vaping temp in under 10 sec with my Wand if I feel it needs a re-heat. This is with 3mm zirc balls so quite similar. It's also actually a very pleasing experience for me. I continue to puff on it while holding the wand to the tip and it's very much like re-lighting a cigar.

The nice thing about heating these types of vapes with an air-gap between the heat and the flower is that they're generally very forgiving with overheating. It's very hard to overheat with the Wand and if you do, you can stop drawing once you detect scorching and let it cool down.

I'm also up in Canada. Thank God for Soothing Vapours!

Last edited:

RedZep

So I averaged 15 joint puffs per bowl average over 3 bowls. I was using left over pre ground flower from before I had covid, so I'll try it again tomorrow with some fresh ground.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I kept refreshing on the page, not once did I see stock. Are they all listed under the silver colour?

It is my birthday Wednesday, was hoping to get one as a liitle prezzie to myself. Oh well.

oddjobold,
Reactions: Cheebsy

mcscruffy

Sold out again, or just delay?
From what Brenyo said earlier there won't be any more today but he'll have more available next week. The 15 that sold earlier were all he had for today.

Edit: apparently I was wrong and they are up now

mcscruffy,

MDude

F... Again had it in cart and the wemt out of stock...I was too slow in filling the info

MDude,

garett

This is sooo frustrating, i had it again in my cart and after payment info it was sold out. How can others be so fast with the info?

garett,

Shorner

It was like being on fastest finger first on who wants to be a millionaire, I had no chance 🤣🤣

Shorner,
  • Haha
Reactions: Smknbud

mcscruffy

I had my account logged in and all the info ready to auto fill or copy and paste. Took me about 30 seconds from showing in stock earlier to payment confirmation and psyched I was confirmed to get one of the green ones!

mcscruffy,
Reactions: lluther

Smknbud

Despite saying I would wait till release somehow I got one in the cart and successfully got the order through.....with email confirmation :D.

Smknbud,
Reactions: MDude
Top Bottom