The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

RedZep

Thanks you Zep that’s almost hard to believe but sounds awesome.
These were all small puffs about the same size. I think I get less when not counting, because I tend to do some small, some big.

Essentially though the Tempest does not have a bottleneck with it's heat calories. Far from it. I believe it would comfortably vape a larger bowl. It would have the heat capacity and cooling capability.

RedZep,

garett

I dont know how, but i could manage to grab on at around 9:08 or so. So it was not exactly at 9pm. So i am pretty excited, and will give a review when i have test it.

It comes with a few extra orings, bowl screens, wand adapter, debowler and direct tube with SCU (and not the Helix tube)

Is there a big difference between SCU and Helix?

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
These were all small puffs about the same size. I think I get less when not counting, because I tend to do some small, some big.

Essentially though the Tempest does not have a bottleneck with it's heat calories. Far from it. I believe it would comfortably vape a larger bowl. It would have the heat capacity and cooling capability.
thank you, that's great feedback and of course its going to be different everytime, but as a baseline, that gives as all a rough sort of idea of how long it lasts. thanks for taking the time

VapingYogi,
Reactions: RedZep

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Just wanted to be sure...for the lucky ones who managed to get a unit today:
-these will be 2.5mm zicorn beads
-the bowl mesh will need to be changed upon official release
-There will be visual indicators
- there will be only one disc (of the two provided) for the sound indicator - only for the first 10 commands - and none for the following ones
-It comes with a few extra orings, bowl screens, wand adapter, debowler and direct tube with SCU (and not the Helix tube)
- Yes
- Yes
- Yes
- There is one in nearly all of them from yesterday
- Helix tube is the default

can all parts be dipped in iso? even the cape with the thermal matrix?
-Yes, but there is one black o-ring below the heat shield which is not the final one yet, it's not iso safe but should be ok until release.

@Brenyo When is the next drop expected?
Maybe next week

garett

Nice nice. What was it again with the bowl mesh? I am sure i read it somewhere but cant find it anymore. Why do we need to change the screen? Is it loose, or will it break? I cant remember anymore.

garett,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Nice nice. What was it again with the bowl mesh? I am sure i read it somewhere but cant find it anymore. Why do we need to change the screen? Is it loose, or will it break? I cant remember anymore.
larger gaps, some gunk gets through (was what I remember of the comment)

VapingYogi,
Reactions: Brenyo

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Why do we need to change the screen? Is it loose, or will it break?
It's just bad quality, the holes are too large, it's loose and probably will break too. :ko: It won't stop properly at half bowl position either, but it's useable if you're gentle with the debowling.
It has nothing to do with the sample I've got previously unfortunately so it has to be made again which takes a while.

Last edited:

Holy Haze

Here is a render of the final version with and without the optional debowler.

Hi, looking to get a revolve 2 whislt im waiting...

1) is it correct that the mouth piece and 1st and second stage intercoolers will remain the same - meaning one can purchase the updated tip/bowl and radiator sleeve to upgrade..?

2) in order to match when it arrives - which titamium finish does the tempest radiator come in - is mirrored, poloished or brushed?

Thank you :)

fangorn

- Yes
- Yes
- Yes
- There is one in nearly all of them from yesterday
- Helix tube is the default

-Yes, but there is one black o-ring below the heat shield which is not the final one yet, it's not iso safe but should be ok until release.

Maybe next week

Thank you for taking the time to respond in detail and so quickly.... like from the beginning on this thread...!

Fromthesticks

I guess we all found out that there are a lot more people interested in this product than are actively participating here, a lot of lurkers who have been watching the development with excitement as well - but have been quiet about it.
lurker here, will continue to do so also haha I think I read a couple of posts back that you intend to run this thing pretty exclusively which saves me that whopping 504 aud risk when I felt like the revolve gen 2 was the equiv of going to a shoe store with the intent of buying a shoe for a specific task/job and walking out with the sizing plate.

Last edited:
Fromthesticks,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
@RedZep random question, I just used my T360 with some compressed kief/resin and a little hash and it got me wondering. I usually only use hash in the 360 or a Dynavap (something thats conduction heavy). I was wondering if you had tried using anything other than just straight flower in the Tempest?

lurker here, will continue to do so also haha I think I read a couple of posts back that you intend to run this thing pretty exclusively which saves me that whopping 504 aud risk when I felt like the revolve gen 2 was the equiv of going to a shoe store with the intent of buying a shoe and walking out with the sizing plate.

I am VERY keen on the Tempest! I pretty much exclusively use manual portables (Anvil, Dynavap) and my desktops are currently ball vapes (Freight Train Pro, Taroma 360) so the Tempest, based on the design and the feedback I've been following from this group, the Tempest is the cross-breed I have been searching for. I understand the risks your talking about, I have bought a few things from overseas but its always stressful, as our exchange rate sucks as does our customs and postal system :)

If, and I stress if, as excited as I am, I haven't touched a Tempest and my excitement has been built from the design and from the answers RedZep and others have given me. So If it works like RedZep (and others) have explained it, and I hope it does, then I think it will replace my other manual portables and hopefully, it might decrease the amount of times I hit the Taroma 360 as my girlfriend likes to monitor the electrical usage of my devices :)

Importantly for me as well, when I take a vape out of rotation I like to donate it to someone on medical that doesn't want to smoke and doesn't know what vape to get and is probably going to buy a cheap one and end up back smoking and... its a small way for me to pay it forwards / anyway...

Fromthesticks

@RedZep random question, I just used my T360 with some compressed kief/resin and a little hash and it got me wondering. I usually only use hash in the 360 or a Dynavap (something thats conduction heavy). I was wondering if you had tried using anything other than just straight flower in the Tempest?

I am VERY keen on the Tempest! I pretty much exclusively use manual portables (Anvil, Dynavap) and my desktops are currently ball vapes (Freight Train Pro, Taroma 360) so the Tempest, based on the design and the feedback I've been following from this group, the Tempest is the cross-breed I have been searching for. I understand the risks your talking about, I have bought a few things from overseas but its always stressful, as our exchange rate sucks as does our customs and postal system :)

If, and I stress if, as excited as I am, I haven't touched a Tempest and my excitement has been built from the design and from the answers RedZep and others have given me. So If it works like RedZep (and others) have explained it, and I hope it does, then I think it will replace my other manual portables and hopefully, it might decrease the amount of times I hit the Taroma 360 as my girlfriend likes to monitor the electrical usage of my devices :)

Importantly for me as well, when I take a vape out of rotation I like to donate it to someone on medical that doesn't want to smoke and doesn't know what vape to get and is probably going to buy a cheap one and end up back smoking and... its a small way for me to pay it forwards / anyway...
tbh I have my concerns about back to back bowls torch heating of the tempest you're trading alot of thermal energy to extract the bowl transferring from outer casing to balls to weed and feel like thats dynavaps time to shine lol I could be wrong tho as Im not an expert.

Last edited:
Fromthesticks,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
tbh I have my concerns about back to back bowls torch heating of the tempest just due to the youtube videos triple flame heat up time and feel like that is dynavaps time to shine, your trading alot of thermal energy with the tempest to extract the bowl due to heat transfer from outer casing to balls to weed.. could be wrong tho as Im not an expert.
I have questions too @RedZep has talked about it being pretty easy to reload the bowl when the device is still hot, Zep can you clarify how you handle reloading when chaining bowls?

I'm trying to get what you mean by trading energy. I think its possible to chain bowls with the tempest if you wanted to, as long as you have a way of taking the cap off in order to be able to reload the bowl, which is in part why Brenyo was saying people getting the test kit should have a reload. The difference is that with the Tempest you have the ability to take you time if you want to because of the heat retention which isn't really possible with a Dynvap.

Actually that being said I would like to see the comparison thread and see if there is any comparisons to FMJ or the Armored cap just for comparison.

Fromthesticks

I have questions too @RedZep has talked about it being pretty easy to reload the bowl when the device is still hot, Zep can you clarify how you handle reloading when chaining bowls?

I'm trying to get what you mean by trading energy. I think its possible to chain bowls with the tempest if you wanted to, as long as you have a way of taking the cap off in order to be able to reload the bowl, which is in part why Brenyo was saying people getting the test kit should have a reload. The difference is that with the Tempest you have the ability to take you time if you want to because of the heat retention which isn't really possible with a Dynvap.

Actually that being said I would like to see the comparison thread and see if there is any comparisons to FMJ or the Armored cap just for comparison.
my guess is the quartz cap by trww would be the closest. and by trading energy i mean your heating the outside metal to heat internal balls to then heat your weed, trading heat might be a better wording?

Last edited:
Fromthesticks,
Reactions: VapingYogi

RedZep

It's my favourite hash vape ever. A little too hot to vape big DTL hits. But I'm hopeful once I get a secondary cooling spiral it could be the difference.

I just put a little vape cotton over bowl screen. Add hash, then cover with a little more cotton.

Hash use will be another benefit of visual indicator, as hash requires higher temps, so the click disc probably won't be all that relevant to hash use.

But yeah it's great for hash. I've heard the conduction argument for hash, and used to be of the same persuasion, but then I tried hash in the TM2 and loved it. I'm now of the belief hash just needs adequate calories. Tempest suits it as if you use a lot, you can do repeated re heats as needed, without even putting in down onto a magnet. So you can have this extended hash blunt experience.

RedZep,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
my guess is the quartz cap by trww would be the closest. and by trading energy i mean your heating the outside metal to heat internal balls to then heat your weed, trading heat might be a better wording?
I think I get what your saying, in a Dynavap you heat a thin cap, most of the energy is transferred to the tip, so the energy required to bring the oven to the correct temp is going to be a lot less than the energy required to heat all the balls to the same temperature. So I guess if your goal was to very quickly chain bowls together, I can see your point. I think the key here is how you chain bowls together with the Tempest. As the balls retain the heat for a lot longer than the Titaium / Stainless steal stips in the dynavap, if you take the cap off while hot using something like a leather case or a magnet, you should be able to reload the bowl very quickly and then you just have to heat the balls again to the corrrect temp but they are already at a higher temp, so each subsequent heat up would take less time.

It's my favourite hash vape ever. A little too hot to vape big DTL hits. But I'm hopeful once I get a secondary cooling spiral it could be the difference.
Oh that's exciting.

But yeah it's great for hash. I've heard the conduction argument for hash, and used to be of the same persuasion, but then I tried hash in the TM2 and loved it. I'm now of the belief hash just needs adequate calories. Tempest suits it as if you use a lot, you can do repeated re heats as needed, without even putting in down onto a magnet. So you can have this extended hash blunt experience.
I look forward to testing that theory, I did find a significant difference between the Taroma 360 and the Freight Train Pro when it comes to hash, so that coloured my opinion a bit

Fromthesticks

I think I get what your saying, in a Dynavap you heat a thin cap, most of the energy is transferred to the tip, so the energy required to bring the oven to the correct temp is going to be a lot less than the energy required to heat all the balls to the same temperature. So I guess if your goal was to very quickly chain bowls together, I can see your point. I think the key here is how you chain bowls together with the Tempest. As the balls retain the heat for a lot longer than the Titaium / Stainless steal stips in the dynavap, if you take the cap off while hot using something like a leather case or a magnet, you should be able to reload the bowl very quickly and then you just have to heat the balls again to the corrrect temp but they are already at a higher temp, so each subsequent heat up would take less time.
this is the video I want to see, a reheat time video.

Fromthesticks,

Fromthesticks

I think that's a good one to ask one of the guys who has one, I would love to see that as well.
Im hoping wick and wire get some of these on release also, they sell the revolve gen 2 here in australia and would save international shipping haha.

Fromthesticks,

RedZep

tbh I have my concerns about back to back bowls torch heating of the tempest you're trading alot of thermal energy to extract the bowl transferring from outer casing to balls to weed and feel like thats dynavaps time to shine lol I could be wrong tho as Im not an expert.
So first thing is the Tempest only needs a single heat cycle to completely extract the 0.15g bowl. Chaining bowls is simply utilising the residual heat in balls, to do a fast reload and re heat for another bowl, with roughly a 50% reduction in required energy/time to reach extraction temp. To compare this to Dynavap, which requires multiple heat cycles to extract a single 0.1g bowl, and due to poor heat retention and needing to cool down enough to reset click disc, pretty much always requires 100% heat time/energy.

I guess I'm failing massively to see how you think Dynavap compares favourably here. It seems drastically outclassed. I'm no Dynavap hater btw, it has its place. But let's not pretend these vapes are anywhere near each other in terms of performance.

Reloading hot is the same process as reloading cold. I'm using the Reload, but as long as users have something with a powerful magnet and a debowler tool, they will be able to do hot reloads also. Just unscrew tip with magnet, debowl, then press bowl into your Reload/container/grinder to refill. It doesn't require touching any of the hot parts.

I'm loving the functionality of the Reload with the Tempest, and would recommend it. But for those wanting to save money at first you can get by as long as you have alternatives. But if you get a Tempest and end up loving it, I would advise picking up a Reload at some point.

Fromthesticks

I guess I'm failing massively to see how you think Dynavap compares favourably here. It seems drastically outclassed. I'm no Dynavap hater btw, it has its place. But let's not pretend these vapes are anywhere near each other in terms of performance.
im worried In the sense that Im not having to inject a 1200c flame into the side of a metal tube for near on a minute to heat balls to then heat roughly the same amount of weed. and couldnt agree more about the reload.

Last edited:
Fromthesticks,
Top Bottom