The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Frosch5

last time with the revolve, the preorder+shipping+tax was still cheaper than verdampftnochmal and i could even walk there to save extra bucks :) with normal prices, it is cheaper.
yes verdampftnochmal is not the cheapest reseller, but i could walk there too. Will see if its worth to save shipping time :)

Frosch5,

Feyd2blak

Snapped up a factory 2nd reload yesterday, eagerly waiting for delivery, anticipating high demand when the tempest lands. Definitely want to pre order the tempest as well, couple of hundred doesn't sound much, especially if you want certain colours!

Brenyo

Manufacturer
@Brenyo Why did you decide on 0.15g max bowl size?

Did you try larger/smaller? Did you find this was the ideal size for the heater? Did you find larger bowls required too much cooling?

I'm just really interested in what you experienced in your early design iterations.
I wanted the bowl to be about as deep as it is wide (10x10mm) to get an even roast. As long as there is proper airflow through it a deeper one would be possible with about 0.2g, but I couldn’t test this yet.

I’ve only tried a 2 slightly smaller sizes apart from the final one and the TA’s.
A larger bowl would only need more cooling if we have a bigger heater for it, but I think the stem would still do fine and the current heater is very powerful with zirconia.

So much so that I think I’ll go with boro as the default material instead. Zirconia was a much more obvious choice in previous betas because the heater matrix was smaller so the extra thermal capacity worked better.
In the final one however there are a lot more balls and the boro works just as well for a shorter time while saving a fair bit of battery / butane.
It won’t be hot for as long as zirconia or ruby but you can still clear a bowl with it and cools down quicker.
You can heat it up 18 times to dark roast with 1 charge on the Wand if you use boro balls

Last edited:

RedZep

I wanted the bowl to be about as deep as it is wide (10x10mm) to get an even roast. As long as there is proper airflow through it a deeper one would be possible with about 0.2g, but I couldn’t test this yet.

I’ve only tried a 2 slightly smaller sizes apart from the final one and the TA’s.
A larger bowl would only need more cooling if we have a bigger heater for it, but I think the stem would still do fine and the current heater is very powerful with zirconia.

So much so that I think I’ll go with boro as the default material instead. Zirconia was a much more obvious choice in previous betas because the heater matrix was smaller so the extra thermal capacity worked better.
In the final one however there are a lot more balls and the boro works just as well for a shorter time while saving a fair bit of battery / butane.
It won’t be hot as long as zirconia or ruby but you can still clear a bowl with it and cools down quicker.
You can heat it up 18 times to dark roast with 1 charge on the Wand if you use boro balls
That's great stuff. Thank you.

I understand your decision. Although if no option for Zirconia will exist. Would you be able to prescribe the appropriate size Zirconia balls to use. For me I would prefer overkill in the heat retention. It will allow a longer more relaxed time window to draw. For me it will also allow back to back bowls to require less work.

I can see why others would prefer Boro however.

PeePhlegm

Damn, I'm in favor of the overkill.. are the videos the zirc balls? Gonna have to pop that screen immediately... No interest in the lower perf components
One of the main problems with the competition is heat retention in my opinion. The dream is to be able to sit back and puff on a vape like a joint, the longer the time where that is possible the better.

If you can have a much longer window before a reheat that would be a leg up on other vapes in this form factor and is one of my main hopes for this device.

I feel like I would probably pop the zirc in day 1 also.

shadymilkman

One of the main problems with the competition is heat retention in my opinion. The dream is to be able to sit back and puff on a vape like a joint, the longer the time where that is possible the better.

If you can have a much longer window before a reheat that would be a leg up on other vapes in this form factor and is one of my main hopes for this device.

I feel like I would probably pop the zirc in day 1 also.
Right! It looked like a full on replacement for blunts, like you cant show that to me and then turn the heat retention down, lol. Im out here trynna scratch that smoking itch, and the clips made it look better than a crafty or anything else for that matter. A lil customization never hurt anyone

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Damn, I'm in favor of the overkill.. are the videos the zirc balls? Gonna have to pop that screen immediately... No interest in the lower perf components
Yes they are with zirc, I’ll try to remember to make a video with boro as well around the end of next week.
It will be pretty much the same how I use it DL, but the zirc is def better for longer sessions.

Maybe I should include both with the preorders :)

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Well im looking for big 1 hit extraction if it's not up to it i will be sticking with the Anvil.
With the Thermal Accumulator you can do one hit extractions or take a few mouthpulls.
I imagine it will be the same with the Tempest.

Franco,
Reactions: Brenyo
Top Bottom