The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

PeePhlegm

where did you find those information on the website? I only find a link to the forum regarding the Tempest
If you type "t" into the search bar, then select Collections then go into Tempest (3 products) and scroll down there is a lot of info in there already. This page is under construction however so it's not finished or finalised but it's looking pretty good already tbh.

Frosch5

awesome, thanks!!!!!

also I am wondering, if the heat shield fits on a revolve, or is the radiator insert necessary?

Last edited:
Frosch5,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
I see on the website that you made the decision to go with x85 zirconia ceramic balls instead of rubies, what made you decide upon the change in material?

I do think I've seen people say they prefer the ceramic as you get really tasty dense hits using it and it "dumps" the heat better also (not sure what they mean by that).

Also what mm are the zirconia balls you went with? 85 seems like a lot of balls haha
Pretty much what I found too, it just works a bit better and tastes great. :D
It might change slightly how many it fits but should be around 85, I've yet to try the final model and count it. It will come with 2.5mm and that works the best imo but you can also use it with 3mm.

also I am wondering, if the heat shield fits on a revolve, or is the radiator insert necessary?
It won't fit, only on the radiator insert

simba

@weedanwine
I do think I've seen people say they prefer the ceramic as you get really tasty dense hits using it and it "dumps" the heat better also (not sure what they mean by that)

I think they mean the heat transfers better

simba,

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
Yes, it's on the manual a few pages back. The "half" bowl is 0.5cc (nearly a full DV bowl), full bowl is 0.8cc

Leather case

This is the flattened version which will be folded in half, it's not ready yet. Black vegtan leather with thick threading and titanium branded tag finished to match the cooling unit color. The color changes the metal tag and it's still undecided if the threading as well.
It can be closed so there is no dust going into the MP or hanged from a lanyard for example.

Thats cocobolo! Will that sleeve become available in the future?

OGablogian,
Reactions: rosedale

Datoneguy

Any estimates on a release date for this one? Heard a few months back that it’s likely before the end of the year but wanted to check and see if a more specific timeframe is able to be drawn at this point?

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Does the tempest still have the secondary cooling spiral?
Yes

Any estimates on a release date for this one? Heard a few months back that it’s likely before the end of the year but wanted to check and see if a more specific timeframe is able to be drawn at this point?
Current estimate is about 2 months, but there are always delays.

VapChap09

If i already have the revolve v2 what parts on the website will i need to have the full tempest? And is there a differance between the tempest colling unit and the revolve cooling unit?

VapChap09,
Reactions: Nebelmann

Datoneguy

Also, does subscribing to the madheater newsletter work for getting info on the tempest in the future? Hoping there’s an email i can sign up for, so that i can avoid these forums and keep my vas in check while waiting lol. This site keeps introducing me to too many new and exciting vapes, like the tempest lol.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Also, does subscribing to the madheater newsletter work for getting info on the tempest in the future? Hoping there’s an email i can sign up for, so that i can avoid these forums and keep my vas in check while waiting lol. This site keeps introducing me to too many new and exciting vapes, like the tempest lol.

The pre-order will start about 4-6 weeks before the release, you can sign up for the newsletter to get notified

Brenyo

Manufacturer
If i already have the revolve v2 what parts on the website will i need to have the full tempest? And is there a differance between the tempest colling unit and the revolve cooling unit?
Tempest Head (with or without optional debowler) and either of the new sleeves.

There is, the Tempest CU doesn't have the mesh and DRC feature.

Brenyo,

RedZep

Here is a video of a session with Wand, zirconia balls, full bowl. The cap is not finished yet, please ignore that it's a bit ugly :D

Loved this. First observation is that the workflow of emptying/reloading is swift and elegant, especially with the Reload.

Second observation is my god that is a lot of vapour for this style of device. Those balls are clearly allowing the device to have a long heat cycle window.

This video has confirmed the reasons for my hype.

PeePhlegm

Here is a video of a session with Wand, zirconia balls, full bowl. The cap is not finished yet, please ignore that it's a bit ugly :D

To be honest the performance exceeded my expectations.

They were some seriously fat clouds and the avb looked even and not overly brown at all. I was expecting it to come out a lot darker. Looks like you could hit another cycle if you really wanted to.

Insane. Delighted I held off on buying anything else. Can't wait man, top stuff!

PeePhlegm,
Reactions: Brenyo

lluther

This looks epic, I'm holding out for the yll 2.0 to use with the tempest, any reason not to do that over the wand? I don't like the form factor of the wand, but if it's gonna be a deal breaker I'll get it instead of the YLL 2.0

Darth Gram Gram

This looks epic, I'm holding out for the yll 2.0 to use with the tempest, any reason not to do that over the wand? I don't like the form factor of the wand, but if it's gonna be a deal breaker I'll get it instead of the YLL 2.0
I haven't heard anything about the YLL 2.0 induction heater. Sounds interesting.

Darth Gram Gram,
Top Bottom