The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I have used a mighty pad, a dynacoil, all the fibre I could find, dosing cap with rubies, boro balls, sic balls, everything works in the Tempest and works better than in other devices I try the same thing in as its a better extraction in most cases and way less reclaim in all cases.

I just can't find something I really like yet.
The problem with any of those mesh pads or the dynacoil is after the first hit, you always have reclaim sitting in the depths of the coils ruining the flavor of the next hit. That is, unless it doesn't bother you or you clean the damn thing completely after each use. This has been my experience anyway. Others may have had success but I found it pretty impossible to clean a mesh pad completely and the dynacoil is a real bitch. I would soak it in iso and then boil it in hot water to clean out the depths of all those creases. You can torch it, but I didn't like doing that.
My issue with using ground flower as a bed for concentrates was the flower would overchar when you got the vape to optimal temps for the concentrate and affecting the flavor. And then there was a mess to clean out of the bowl.

I now only use a ceramic bucket, like the DT V5, for my 'trates. I don't much vape dabs in other devices anymore, but if I do I still think the organic cotton/hemp/rayon method to be the best. I like stirring after the first hit to mix the oil around all the fibers to increase surface area and your hit :smug: Also, when you're done you dump it and start again. The heating chamber also stays nice and clean. If I picked up a Tempest, this is prob how I'll do it.
Everyone else's mileage may vary. Happy Friday!

mcscruffy

This is exactly how mine is, you aren't the only one. The whole shield moves just pulling it off of the reload magnet.
This happened to me after putting the Tempest back together on my third clean. I left the black (not final) o ring on to soak in iso and at some point cleaning and drying it had popped off. I found it a few feet away on the floor, cleaned and put it back on (make sure you have it in the correct groove) and it stayed firmly in place after).

I don't have any issues getting it on without adding lubrication and the shield kinda snaps in place in a satisfying way and sound. I hope the final o ring works like this too!

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
The half location is just behind the air holes in the bowl.

Timps27,
Reactions: Brenyo

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
I got mine today too. I cleaned it and put four bowls though it.
The first two were light hits and it cooled quickly.
I closed the cap airflow a little for the last two and got better results.
I think I was hitting it too hard.

I still didn’t feel like I was getting the results I’ve seen in videos.
I need to practice more but I really shouldn’t.
I’ll give it another go in a couple hours and play with some settings more tomorrow.

I like it though. I’ve got a lot to learn.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I still didn’t feel like I was getting the results I’ve seen in videos.
I need to practice more but I really shouldn’t.
I’ll give it another go in a couple hours and play with some settings more tomorrow.
most of the videos are people who have had the device enough to dial in there own techniques or have used similar devices, took me a while and a few chats with people to dial it in without all the temperature bells and whistles.

ApparentlyStoned

How do I adjust the helix tube? Are there any indicators of settings like the revolve?

Edit: What are people setting the top airflow at?
There are so many settings.
I need to stick to one variable at a time because my results are all over the place. :lol:
I’m having fun with it though.

Last edited:
ApparentlyStoned,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
How do I adjust the helix tube? Are there any indicators of settings like the revolve?
yep one sec

So below are the versions of the Manual for the Tempest

You could try to print This version, but it’s still unfinished. I’ll probably make a .pdf version that’s easy to print, it won’t fit on the box as originally planned
https://madheaters.co.uk/pages/tempest-manual (web version)

(image link)

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0514/7754/5126/files/Tempest_manual.jpg?v=1696838679

ahm123

okay, so i got to mess around with my new toy and get it dialed & i’m truly blown away. i can’t say enough good things. mad heaters is the apple of vape devices. let’s just keep it at that. i haven’t been this high in a long time either :) everyone needs one of these things

Shorner

okay, so i got to mess around with my new toy and get it dialed & i’m truly blown away. i can’t say enough good things. mad heaters is the apple of vape devices. let’s just keep it at that. i haven’t been this high in a long time either :) everyone needs one of these things
I would have to agree, my other vapes haven't been touched since I got the Tempest.....its got Anvil type clouds and potency, with tinymight taste and ease of use of a dynavap thats the only way I can describe it 🤣coupled up with a reload and wand its the total package for me.
I'm getting myself a coloured one on full release day.

Brenyo

Manufacturer

I tried to share a video for the first time, hopefully it works. It seems to be pushed all the way onto the o-ring to me. I did not change it, I only did a quick swab out when I recieved. Its not the worst thing ever, it just seems like it moves round more than whats purpose lful.
Yeah that's moving a bit too easily. Did you remove that o-ring? Make sure not to roll it too much when putting it on as that can also alter the size a bit.
Please leave a note with your final parts order and I'll send a new o-ring.

This is exactly how mine is, you aren't the only one. The whole shield moves just pulling it off of the reload magnet.
If you try to pull it off the magnet by holding the heat shield that will probably pull it off because the magnet is too strong. If you tilt it you never have to pull on the device during normal use unless you want to remove the bowl. You can hold it at the airport so you're not pulling on the heat shield.

How does the insert go in? With the open end on the topside (where display is) or open end on the other side?
Open end where the display is. The other way is for dynavap. You can't push it deep enough relative to the coil if the device is upside down.
I thought i read a post that said the VI could be seen when the tip is heating so i wonder how deep the insert goes exactly. On the instruction that came with the Tempest there's a picture showing the insert bottom more or less level with wand's O-ring (unclear if it's top or bottom o-ring) but like that i can't really see the VI while inserted.
Cut down about 2 lines worth of silicone from the adapter and push it in from the other side so the display is facing you. Silicone first as far as it can go and then the glass cup. Now you can see the VI moving if you hold it onto the cap and the display is facing the other way.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Random question, anyone used the V-Wand instead of the normal Inspire Wand for the Tempest? I was just curious, as it looks like a perfect fit for my little stand for my WPA and Tempest, it would just slot in over the top lol so just curious if anyone has used it.

If you try to pull it off the magnet by holding the heat shield that will probably pull it off because the magnet is too strong. If you tilt it you never have to pull on the device during normal use unless you want to remove the bowl. You can hold it at the airport so you're not pulling on the heat shield.
I have to admit mine is like a rock and doesn't shift; I actually didn't know how to get it apart at first because it wouldn't move it was so firmly connected.

I haven't actually cut my silicone, that being said, somehow the position of my insert is perfectly aligned that the indicator is visible (after a bunch of uses because I didn't set it in this position originally) the glass is sitting with about 2-3mm exposed in which I can see the indicator but the heats reliably and repeatable so, I am not sure what I am doing differently with the insert to everyone else...

Not that I ever look at the VI, I wish the Wand has a time out chime though, that would be amazing, using my phone timer is effective but analog :p

Shorner

Not that I ever look at the VI....
I never look at the VI either, I know it works and is acurate but I just sit it in the wand and wait for the time out.i find it so convenient...I very much doubt i will bother putting the calibrated click discs in on full release as they are of no use the way i use it.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I never look at the VI either, I know it works and is acurate but I just sit it in the wand and wait for the time out.i find it so convenient...I very much doubt i will bother putting the calibrated click discs in on full release as they are of no use the way i use it.
because I do more than one heat and also forget its heating at times, I am very keen on the click discs and a working VI, but I do the same for the most part, but I also have a sort of set of timings I use for back to back bowls as I do that a lot... its not easy when you get up to 4+ without the something to check your work, and the Tempest allows you to wait and pepper it, without combusting when you go too hot, so at least that gives you something of a safety net... but still it would be easier.

Ppppppphhhhhhhhhh….

THIS THING IS AMAZING!

Put only 5-6 bowls through it so far. The flavor is very nice. Like @ApparentlyStoned, I’m still figuring out heating and airflow adjustments. There are a lot, and it is fun tinkering….

I’ve put the insert in the wand normal (not upside down). Set to 475f, my wand is going solid orange around 20sec, and then times out at 35seconds…actually tested lower temps with same results.

I should mention I only have 1yr old original ispire batteries and 2 sets from like 3-4yrs ago from my nicotine vape mods…testing with each set of batteries, fully charged. They all will show full battery status in the wand, then deplete down do no bars near the end of the heat cycle I described above.

I don’t believe this is giving me all the heat I need, as the vapor is tasty and light. The VI on my unit is very sensitive and very quickly moves to 3rd mark and 2 clicks- as described above (only 35 seconds at 475f).

I will try to buy some new batteries….what’s the best brand right now folks?

Or maybe I have the insert in wrong…

I’ll play with a torch today a bit too.

So far I’m really really enjoying this. It’s so well made and thought out. I’ll tinker more and report back! Awesome awesome stuff!!!!

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
So far I’m really really enjoying this. It’s so well made and thought out. I’ll tinker more and report back! Awesome awesome stuff!!!!
love it mate, come back, let us know your preferred settings and technique when you get it un control, I use both Samsung and Molicel P28A (which others have mentioned in this thread as there spares)

Shorner

My wands battery gauge is all over the place too and it's new, is it the batterys being low quality the problem or the wand itself?

Shorner,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
My wands battery gauge is all over the place too and it's new, is it the batterys being low quality the problem or the wand itself?
the Tempest draws about 100w from the batteries where the Dynavap draws like 30w so when you put the Tempest in, it compares the power remaining to the current output which shows the amount remaining as much lower

Brenyo

Manufacturer
I don’t believe this is giving me all the heat I need, as the vapor is tasty and light. The VI on my unit is very sensitive and very quickly moves to 3rd mark and 2 clicks- as described above (only 35 seconds at 475f).
You probably want to push the glass cup a bit further down, make it level with the red silicone. Might want to increase the temp a bit as well. If the VI is moving too quickly is because the heat / coil is focused too low, near the indicator.

Smknbud

I have to admit mine is like a rock and doesn't shift; I actually didn't know how to get it apart at first because it wouldn't move it was so firmly connected.
Ditto to this. I had to go back to the photo I took of all the parts of the tempest taken apart laid out in order when I first got it to make sure I hadn't gone brain dead.

kokolokokolokon

Mine too. Sometimes i worry when i want to clean it, but it seems more an advantage than a problem :D:lol:

[First and second image] Today I tried a wolkenkraft FX mini spare screens and they fit perfectly! I show how it looks on halfbowl. It stays firmly. I need to try it with real use but, by now, they are great (o still recommend modifyed tm cooling unit screens for herb. I did try this for hash)

Link:

[third image] I unwrapped the dynacoil to adapt it to the tempest. Maybe it work but seems like it will be a mess :lol::lol: well, all for pscience! :science:
In the image you can see it is not full inserted because i did tale the photo with the screen on halfbowl. The dynacoil needs the full bowl

[Fourth image] For those who have a TM: the new stem without the shield fits perfectly in the tm stem! So, if you want to use it (+screen) as cooling unit for the tinymight you can without problem

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Mine too. Sometimes i worry when i want to clean it, but it seems more an advantage than a problem :D:lol:

[First and second image] Today I tried a wolkenkraft FX mini spare screens and they fit perfectly! I show how it looks on halfbowl. It stays firmly. I need to try it with real use but, by now, they are great (o still recommend modifyed tm cooling unit screens for herb. I did try this for hash)

Link:

[third image] I unwrapped the dynacoil to adapt it to the tempest. Maybe it work but seems like it will be a mess :lol::lol: well, all for pscience! :science:
In the image you can see it is not full inserted because i did tale the photo with the screen on halfbowl. The dynacoil needs the full bowl

[Fourth image] For those who have a TM: the new stem without the shield fits perfectly in the tm stem! So, if you want to use it (+screen) as cooling unit for the tinymight you can without problem
love those screens, going to have to get me some, thank you. I have been using dosing capsule that end up looking very similar but they look really cool!

Beansuppa

Link:

Gonna have to do some digging to find screens like that in the US, they look great.

Beansuppa,

ApparentlyStoned

Day two I’m having much better results.
I tried a big single flame torch and I’m getting much thicker hits at the same marking.
I think I need to adjust the glass in my wand because the VI is reading high compared to a torch.

I also tried the dynacoil and it actually worked really well. Way better than a dynavap.
I’m going to try putting a little more through it and see how much reclaim gets through.

I’m pleased. Now it’s just dialing it in.

Edit: Added pictures of my case solution.

Last edited:
Top Bottom