The Tasty Tube by Glass Charlie

Zow237

I still am feeling out the Tasty Tube but I am beyond impressed with this vipe native and out of water. Just lovely lovely thicccc vapor. Great extraction. Gets me so baked. I really wanted to get a desktop vape to hold more bud than my portables, for sessions at home. This might have curbed that impulse. Great Vape!

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
The Tasty Tube is a beast, loving it. I’m a huge fan of the Elev8R and the Tasty Tube is playing in its league.
There’s nothing to top the pure glass only extraction of these two devices. Greatest flavour and biggest hits!

Here's a suggestion using borosilicate glass beads to vaporize old school hash with the Tasty. The vapours are so delicious :love:

Tasty-borosilicate-pearls-1.jpg

I buy borosilicate glass beads in China in sizes 5/6mm for the base of the small pile of beads and 3/4 mm for the top. When I run out, I even use glass beads for children's games.

In my case, the point of adding beads is to increase the vaporization surface of the hash, which will melt and spread out on these beads with the hot air. The thermal retention capacity of the beads is certainly of interest, but I don't see it in my objective. That's why I use quartz beads less frequently than borosilicate or even soda-lime beads. But I'd like to learn more about the subject if anyone has any information to share ?

Happy steaming with the Tasty

:)

Great idea, thank you!
Up to now the best way to vape hash for me. Only the cleaning afterwards is a cruel :D

@the Glass Charlie Guys:
Would it be possible to make the single parts available separately?
Would love to get at least one more of the „chamber part“.

davesmith

Glass Blower
The Tasty Tube is a beast, loving it. I’m a huge fan of the Elev8R and the Tasty Tube is playing in its league.
There’s nothing to top the pure glass only extraction of these two devices. Greatest flavour and biggest hits!

Great idea, thank you!
Up to now the best way to vape hash for me. Only the cleaning afterwards is a cruel :D

@the Glass Charlie Guys:
Would it be possible to make the single parts available separately?
Would love to get at least one more of the „chamber part“.

I should get spares to retailers at some point for sure. Atm i can supply any parts you need dude just send me a dm here or on instagram @glass_charlie and can help.

Big up

RxPlorer

@davesmith Would the Grav Rain bubbler be too small for the TT, as far as balance and proximity to the hot quartz is concerned? It would be my first "water piece" even though I plan to use it dry. I'm hoping it's a good match for the tasty tube for hash sessions

coolbreeze

Would the Grav Rain bubbler be too small for the TT, as far as balance and proximity to the hot quartz is concerned?
For me, I think I'd want something vertical with a broader base. The Rain bubbler looks narrow, like a big pocket bubbler. The TT is big enough to make it top-heavy, I would think. If you really want or need the pocket size it would probably hold the hot quartz far enough from your face and do a decent job of cooling with great flavor, but it might be tippy to set down.

davesmith

Glass Blower
For me, I think I'd want something vertical with a broader base. The Rain bubbler looks narrow, like a big pocket bubbler. The TT is big enough to make it top-heavy, I would think. If you really want or need the pocket size it would probably hold the hot quartz far enough from your face and do a decent job of cooling with great flavor, but it might be tippy to set down.

Yea what he said. With hot glass/quartz its best to be careful (not that i havent dabbed out of headys that dont even stand up with a banger on lol) but yea, id aim for piece with a central joint like the classic d020d (if that still is available!)

simba

@weedanwine
@davesmith Would the Grav Rain bubbler be too small for the TT, as far as balance and proximity to the hot quartz is concerned? It would be my first "water piece" even though I plan to use it dry. I'm hoping it's a good match for the tasty tube for hash sessions

As @davesmith never promotes his own stuff enough, I would say checkout the piece he made for me to use with the TT, I posted a pic of it 3 pages back. I absolutely love it, and it takes the chance out of things too. When I've used the TT in my other glass pieces I've had varying results.

Zow237

This device is just amazing with some bubble hash. I put some balls at the bottom of the bowl for the hash to sit on. I got it pretty hot around the whole bowl watched it bubble a lil and went to town on my lil water pipe. Instant flow of vapor that was ever sooooooo tasty. I cranked it up some about ten more seconds and wow the vapor just instantly white walling 3 plooms of tasty vapor. Went in for one more heat up to finish it off. Just an amazing device with hash. Im going to have use those balls as a screen to open the airflow even more for flower. Ill have to get a video of the function! This might become a dedicated bubble piece!

Last edited:

Marcus

I love this thing.

I go light on the heating too, 22 seconds with my kitchen torch, 4 lungfuls thats wispy up to start, then 2nd hit is a thicker build, 3rd is the one! and then number 4 backs off vapourwise.

My bubble hash seems to run away from the heat and down the tube though. :lol: I may need bigger balls. :brow:

source

PS... Rough grind or just ripped up with my fingers keeps the air flowing! Fine grinds tend to block it and taste of poop as it gets too hot!

Zow237

I love this thing.

I go light on the heating too, 22 seconds with my kitchen torch, 4 lungfuls thats wispy up to start, then 2nd hit is a thicker build, 3rd is the one! and then number 4 backs off vapourwise.

My bubble hash seems to run away from the heat and down the tube though. :lol: I may need bigger balls. :brow:

source

PS... Rough grind or just ripped up with my fingers keeps the air flowing! Fine grinds tend to block it and taste of poop as it gets too hot!
I found out this exactly! Dont let the bud get compressed from a fine grind. Wont be the best experience. Great ass device

Marcus

There is one technique where you do compress it when using it with the mouthpiece to make sure you don't get bits coming through. It becomes more of a cigar puff restricted draw.

I haven't tried it with just the mouthpiece yet, I've only run it with a water piece.

Tight pack n fine grind sounds like it may be good though.

I shall go and experiment !

Marcus

So I've tried it without the water and I prefer the loose ripped up bud better than a fine grind.

BUT I also prefer it through water too. Same as the Elev8r.

It's just too hot and fussy trying to get a nice temp using the mouthpiece and/or a fine grind for me.

And what this device beats the elev8r with (seeing as I've now mentioned the elev8r) is the fact I can pull the hot sleeve off with my fingers and not get burnt or drop it like with that little red hot buggering heater and small tongs on the elev8r.

No more rug burns pulling hot sleeves off!

(Those elev8r tongs make a great scoop though.)

I wonder if a bowl style chamber end with holes further down the stem would make a good bubble hash tool? My bubble keeps running away from the heat! :lol:

simba

@weedanwine
Sooooooo I took the Tasty Tube to the festival Product Earth where @davesmith was doing some live glassblowing, which was awesome to watch

I managed to fit the Tasty Tube and my glass piece that goes with it into a headphone case. This meant I could carry that and a big torch in my shoulder bag around the festival which was super convenient. So all over the festival I took every opportunity to whip out the Tasty Tube and give the (mostly) combustion folks some hits from the TT.

Lots of highly impressed and surprised people and even a shook reaction 🤣 none of which would suprise any of us but these combustion suckers found out 😋

It was awesome seeing someone try their own (topshelf) flower in the TT and be shocked at how much it effected them with how much material was in the bowl. Also someone who predominantly dabs being shocked at how flavourful the TT was. It was so fun being able to take it around the festival whilst still feeling more mobile. In past years I've had a rucksack full of vapes but it's tiring lugging that around everywhere. So now I have my shoulder bag and still managed to have the TT, VG, Lotus, Thermal Accumulator plus lighters all with me and a water bottle!

Whilst I was there I also picked up the quartz heater from @Aezhenn and some classic hash so I could try that out. With some kindly gifted glass balls I tried out the TT with classic hash and it's epic. The flavour and how much I get out of it is amazing. Feels like I can keep hitting the bowl over and over. It's a bit fiddly with the glass balls, but tbh using classic hash in any vape has some fiddle/awkwardness and mess. This is fairly low hassle as it goes, comparatively easy to clean.

RE: the quartz heater - at the festival I tried it with flower and ended up switching back to the original glass as it was easier to get the heating right and I was getting better results. Since being back home I've only used the TT with classic hash and the quartz heater which is a nice combo. I do need to do a flower comparison with them both. The quartz heater doesn't fit quite as nicely as the original glass and my quartz piece has a little rough bit on the outer side of it, tiny though.

Little video of hitting the classic hash in the TT

I also have the quartz and glass heaters and there is a definite learning curve especially switching between the two. The glass heats up faster whereas quartz takes longer but seems to hold heat longer. Actually combusted for first time heating the glass for too long as was still in the mindset of quartz, which is a bit more forgiving.

olysh pops

It may be unusual, but I prefer the borosilocate heater to the quartz heater. What I like is its rhythm, the short time to reach the desired temperature and the time allowed to take 3 huge puffs, that's my rhythm. I love it.
Quartz is more peaceful in my opinion.

Edit I wish I could have been at the festival, it sounds great, chat with glass @davesmith and users like @simba , share Tasty and tips, waouh :tup:

Last edited:

simba

@weedanwine
It may be unusual, but I prefer the borosilocate heater to the quartz heater. What I like is its rhythm, the short time to reach the desired temperature and the time allowed to take 3 huge puffs, that's my rhythm. I love it.
Quartz is more peaceful in my opinion.

Edit I wish I could have been at the festival, it sounds great, chat with glass @davesmith and users like @simba , share Tasty and tips, waouh :tup:

Get it booked for next year!

Top Bottom