The Tasty Tube by Glass Charlie

davesmith

Glass Blower
Haha yea i can always get spare parts out if you do break a bit.

My first “big” torch was a from a brand called kitchencraft off the big river. £15 and its still going strong. Its the size of a blazer but the flame is a bit softer/cooler. Works fine but i bought a blazer eventually just because i dab so often seemed a reasonable investment.

davesmith

Glass Blower
Thats fucking cool nailed it
@davesmith when will these be available again at vgoodiez store? Thanks, cant wait to get one of these
I will have their next batch finished and shipped this coming week. So within 2 weeks they will be restocked. This should be the same for all my retailers (vgoodiez, vapefiend, doobies house and azzwood)

Thanks for the support guys, its been a real tough year for me this year, and one thing thats helped me through the tough times is keeping busy. I appreciate you all.

Keep it tasty

davesmith

Glass Blower
Wonder if @VGOODIEZ will get them.

EDIT:

D'oh!

Yea they will have a few for sure. I’ve used one extensively and the function is very similar. A little more heat to get to temp but holds temp slightly longer with wider windows of heat (altho the glass also has a very forgiving heat window imho) If im using hash then ill use quartz balls as a screen and a quartz heater. Feels like a shisha you can heat it then sit back and enjoy the whole long bowl. Great for sharing.

The quartz are also more robust. Originally this was my main drive to offer them altho in practice I’ve only had 1 heater break from poor/heavy. but with quartz you don't have to be so careful with heating and cooling evenly etc so good for some people.

It’s not an essential upgrade by any means but from the beta testers and early users most seem to enjoy the quartz.

Always interested to hear others experiences.

And thanks dudes. Shit year so far hopefully the second half is kinder to me!

Atb

davesmith

Glass Blower
Ooh. Specifically what kind of quartz balls, how many, and where might I find some?

I have a bag here if youre in the uk happy to send a couple over. I think theyre 4-5mm and i use about 4 in the bowl. I ordered 100 or so of them from china so if your outside the uk probs easier to get them from there or a LHS. I usually just dump them in iso after use and reload with clean balls.

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
I have a bag here if youre in the uk happy to send a couple over.
Thankyou, that's very very kind of you. Alas I ordered some overpriced 4mms from Azn this morning, as the quartz battery arrives tomorrow, and I have low impulse control sometimes. I'm surprised more people don't make hash vaping equipment btw. The Chameleon (US) pipes are amazing, and super fun to use, but hard to come by in the UK.

Perfect_Speed4069,
Reactions: davesmith

olysh pops

Ooh. Specifically what kind of quartz balls, how many, and where might I find some?
Here's a suggestion using borosilicate glass beads to vaporize old school hash with the Tasty. The vapours are so delicious :love:

Tasty-borosilicate-pearls-1.jpg

I buy borosilicate glass beads in China in sizes 5/6mm for the base of the small pile of beads and 3/4 mm for the top. When I run out, I even use glass beads for children's games.

In my case, the point of adding beads is to increase the vaporization surface of the hash, which will melt and spread out on these beads with the hot air. The thermal retention capacity of the beads is certainly of interest, but I don't see it in my objective. That's why I use quartz beads less frequently than borosilicate or even soda-lime beads. But I'd like to learn more about the subject if anyone has any information to share ?

Happy steaming with the Tasty

:)

Last edited:

anasrzi

Bet it's incredible with hash, I loved my lotus when's exclusively using hash, dry sift and high end bubble. These days I use rosin and I don't think those balls would cut it, any all glass/Quartz work around to stop it dripping through in a big way?

Fritted Quartz discs perhaps. Would be ideal to keep it all glass and see through imo ideally, although con pads are a decent option.

davesmith

Glass Blower
Here's a suggestion using borosilicate glass beads to vaporize old school hash with the Tasty. The vapours are so delicious :love:

Tasty-borosilicate-pearls-1.jpg

I buy borosilicate glass beads in China in sizes 5/6mm for the base of the small pile of beads and 3/4 mm for the top. When I run out, I even use glass beads for children's games.

In my case, the point of adding beads is to increase the vaporization surface of the hash, which will melt and spread out on these beads with the hot air. The thermal retention capacity of the beads is certainly of interest, but I don't see it in my objective. That's why I use quartz beads less frequently than borosilicate or even soda-lime beads. But I'd like to learn more about the subject if anyone has any information to share ?

Happy steaming with the Tasty

:)

This is how i do it, pure hash. I think boro or quartz are fine, id avoid soda lime just as its a bit more susceptible to heat shock. Its purely to add surface as you mentioned.
Bet it's incredible with hash, I loved my lotus when's exclusively using hash, dry sift and high end bubble. These days I use rosin and I don't think those balls would cut it, any all glass/Quartz work around to stop it dripping through in a big way?

Fritted Quartz discs perhaps. Would be ideal to keep it all glass and see through imo ideally, although con pads are a decent option.
Yea to be honest ive not had much sucess with rosin or bho. A fritted disc would probably work well but i just feel theres no replacement for a good banger and rig. Concentrate pads do work (i mauled a mighty pad into mine) but i found the flavour and effectiveness not up to a banger dab. But i peraonally have never been impressed with vaping full melt extracts. I’d love to hear others experiences with the TT and full melts.

Ive just finished the last of the glass for this order. Final QC and packaging tomo/wed so not long now till restocks.

Thanks everyone, keep it tasty.

Radwin Bodnic

Please don't judge the state of my glass btw
Just pack a nugget in the bowl, flip your inner tube upside down and light the whole tube with a jet lighter. All this beautiful resin will flow into the nugget and will be vaporized again ! :tup:

This trick was found on the thread of its ancestor : the Vaponic. Best way to clean these kind of glass vaporizers imho.

The Tasty Tube is my favourite vape as it is so versatile. Can either gently sup incredible terpy vapour or take huge hits. Still haven't even managed to go beyond half bowl but I am a lightweight. Have ordered the quartz heater and would interested to try this with the glass/quartz balls.

Last edited:

davesmith

Glass Blower
The Quartz heater upgrade is absolutely worth it btw. The original has an endearingly home-made aesthetic; this feels more industrial. Please don't judge the state of my glass btw
Thanks! Glad youre enjoying it!

Just pack a nugget in the bowl, flip your inner tube upside down and light the whole tube with a jet lighter. All this beautiful resin will flow into the nugget and will be vaporized again ! :tup:

This trick was found on the thread of its ancestor : the Vaponic. Best way to clean these kind of glass vaporizers imho.
Be careful around the ground and formed parts of the glass, even heating too close can send stress into those areas. The sharp angles of the joints are the most susceptible to stress. The glass on the vaponic is much thinner and more even so much more resilient to heat stress.

The Tasty Tube is my favourite vape as it is so versatile. Can either gently sup incredible terpy vapour or take huge hits. Still haven't even managed to go beyond half bowl but I am a lightweight. Have ordered the quartz heater and would interested to try this with the glass/quartz balls.

Thanks all the positive feedback continues to blow me away. Have replied to your dm and will get some quartz balls to you. Nice 1

Big up everyone and keep it tasty for me!

✌️✌️

Marcus

I had to grab one.

Yes it hits hard, I had to have a little sit down after that load. :clap:

source

I grabbed the quartz tube too and will be trying a bit of hash in there over the next day or two. I have some 4mm ruby balls somewhere.

But yes, overall I like it! Lots.

I may be a bit high now. Cooking dinner will have to wait! :science:

Thanks Dave/Charlie.

Zow237

Mine arrived today. I put a whole nug sampler off a hanging plant in the dry tent. Damn the smoothness. I really prefer these all glass vapes. They are just so pleasant compared to anything with metal in it other than a screen. This first bowl wasnt the most massive of clouds but it was so tasty and it extracted so well. Im pretty high but also might be from the edibles i made earlier :lol:. Either way I am very happy with the very first bowl. When I get this down more, then I will report back.

Last edited:

davesmith

Glass Blower
Mine arrived today. I put a whole nug sampler off a hanging plant in the dry tent. Damn the smoothness. I really prefer these all glass vapes. They are just so pleasant compared to anything with metal in it other than a screen. This first bowl wasnt the most massive of clouds but it was so tasty and it extracted so well. Im pretty high but also might be from the edibles i made earlier :lol:. Either way I am very happy with the very first bowl. When I get this down more, then I will report back.

Good luck experimenting!

FOR SCIENCE!!!

Top Bottom