• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Tasty Tube by Glass Charlie

Misterhyde

I have had a TT for a couple of months now, and it is definitely impressive. It can be either extremely tasty or extremely powerful. I use a Blazer Big Shot and torch it everywhere until the flame starts turning yellow in all the areas and it almost always kicks my ass. It stays hot for the entire bowl and gives some seriously heavy hits. I almost always use it with my tall Herborizer Straight Tube. Don't know if I'm the only one stupid enough, but I don't even use the keck clip or paperclip. When it gets dirty it is very easy to clean, although it does start to look dirty pretty quick being all clear and so powerful. I don't use it everyday but definitely a couple of times a week. For the price it is a really impressive device. I also expected the learning curve to be more difficult. It's super easy to use, I have combusted twice trying to push to far and trying to reheat.

davesmith

Glass Blower
I have had a TT for a couple of months now, and it is definitely impressive. It can be either extremely tasty or extremely powerful. I use a Blazer Big Shot and torch it everywhere until the flame starts turning yellow in all the areas and it almost always kicks my ass. It stays hot for the entire bowl and gives some seriously heavy hits. I almost always use it with my tall Herborizer Straight Tube. Don't know if I'm the only one stupid enough, but I don't even use the keck clip or paperclip. When it gets dirty it is very easy to clean, although it does start to look dirty pretty quick being all clear and so powerful. I don't use it everyday but definitely a couple of times a week. For the price it is a really impressive device. I also expected the learning curve to be more difficult. It's super easy to use, I have combusted twice trying to push to far and trying to reheat.
Thanks for that feedback dude so glad people are enjoying the vape out there!

simba

@weedanwine
Also not using the clip when attached on glass, but would use it with the mouthpiece.

dedhed85

Anyone else tried putting a Mighty/Crafty dosing capsule in the tasty tube?! Far out.. you can pretty much smash it in 2-3 hits with a water piece, bonus - less crap gets through, which helps if you're not using a screen and the bit of extra conduction heat I'm guessing the alloy is imparting to the load really vakes the shit outta the load... have a glass of water handy... I think Cannabis is somewhat similar to DMT or Salvia Divinorum in that, if you can get the dose in faster and hotter, rather than labouring away with a slower method, it is far more 'effective'. Charlie did warn this could cause stress on the glass as the alloy will cool more slowly than the glass if left in there.. I've blasted this technique half a dozen times so far..

:rockon:

dedhed85

What if you put some glass balls in the dosing capsule to help retain some heat and a vapor-stone in the smaller tube (where it pinches) would that not make a great oil/hash rig? I can't get concentrate right now if someone else wants to try it out?

Or a concentrate pad in the dosing capsule with some oil/hash and a normal load of flower in the smaller tube at the same time?

dedhed85,
Reactions: davesmith

kelliwik

I saw Georges Vapefiend video and had to get one for that price! It’s so rare these days that you get what looks like an amazing device for only £60!

Ordered from Vapefiend and it turned up yesterday. However, the in-laws are round until Wednesday so I have to wait to test this thing 😫

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
However, the in-laws are round until Wednesday
Excellent shout. I made the monumental mistake of 0.15g of Durban Poison at 11.15am on Boxing Day and totally greened out (visuals, oceanic consciousness -the whole bit) before/during Lunch, immediately followed by Panto, followed by organised fun into the evening. Don't be me.

davesmith

Glass Blower
Excellent shout. I made the monumental mistake of 0.15g of Durban Poison at 11.15am on Boxing Day and totally greened out (visuals, oceanic consciousness -the whole bit) before/during Lunch, immediately followed by Panto, followed by organised fun into the evening. Don't be me.
Ahahaha great effort! Yea this thing is lethal isnt it? Glad people are enjoying it!

Keep it tasty you lucky lot!

kelliwik

so easy to use. i used a mid sized torch on full blast until the colour change was even where the bowl is. then inhale. wish i could get a super slowmo camera to film it going from green to dark brown without reheating

davesmith

Glass Blower
Hey, I just got the quartz heater as an upgrade recently! I’m looking for a small case that protects it all and easy to carry. Do you have any suggestions?

Im not too sure. The obvious choice is a pelican case or similar. Glass knocking against glass (or quartz) is whats to be avoided.

I’ve been searching for cheap pelican style cases for a while and i may have found some on amazoon by a brand “miejia”. Im ordering one now so will get back to you guys when it lands see if its any good or not.

anasrzi

For traditional hashes and bubble etc just a few glass balls in the bowl does an amazing job.

For bho or rosin i think there are better methods/devices but i assume a concentrate pad would do a good job.

Keep it tasty people!
Did wonder what workaround could be done with using oils, rosin etc. Found when using the lotus with a stainless steel mesh very little melted through but we're trying to keep it all glass here. Also used S&B concentrate pads in the lotus for oils and once again that did work pretty well.

Wonder if a fritter glass pad could be used/found/made to hold back any drips of oil coming through, oil has a tendency to really try and escape from the heat source applied.

Great work @davesmith from a fellow UK vapourist, nice to see a vape appear from this side of the pond :).

Thermal

Im not too sure. The obvious choice is a pelican case or similar. Glass knocking against glass (or quartz) is whats to be avoided.

I’ve been searching for cheap pelican style cases for a while and i may have found some on amazoon by a brand “miejia”. Im ordering one now so will get back to you guys when it lands see if its any good or not.

I have other pelican style cases for an Arizer EQ and some bongs. I was looking at some fairly cheap cases on Amazon and eBay that are meant for E-cig vapes with elastic straps and a rigid outside shell, but I’m not sure how well they would protect everything.

kelliwik

Gotta say it again - I’m loving this thing. It’s my second night with it and I put less in tonight. 0.2g was too high for me, 0.15g is just right. Really enjoying playing with flame position and angles and used through water tonight for the first time. I did burn my throat first night raw dogging it.

I think I need a slightly bigger torch. I have one of those ones used for cooking and it feels a little underpowered for this. Can anyone recommend one? Don’t want to spent more than like £20 tbh

I just hope I don’t smash it. I am mega clumsy normally and even more clumsy when high. I have been using the clip and stuff but I still feel im going to drop it :( the paperclip and proper home made stoner engineering feel of this is awesome

Last edited:
Top Bottom