Discontinued The Sublimator

Tweek

Rough day yesterday brought the sub over to my friend's place. I was using it with my mobius and cb as usual, probably went through like 12 bowls between the three of us. Then my friend said why don't we try it out of the roor. You can guess what happened it hit like a champ, but I went to lift the atomizer to dump the bowl and the cb stuck to it for a second then dropped falling on the female joint of the bong and broke the joint. I felt horrible completely ruined the sesh, the worst part is he refuses to fix it when it would be an easy $100 repair. I guess I will just toss him some bills for a new piece. Here is the damage, all caused from the cb dropping onto the joint.
2013-08-21181412_zpsbc58bb1f.jpg

Your friend is being a bit of a dick. You offered to fix it for him for $100. If he doesn't want the repair, give him the $100 toward a new piece.... you are not obligated to buy a new RooR at full price... Shit happens. If my friend busted my piece by accident, I would say don't worry about it and move on with the evening. It could of just as easily happened to your buddy. Either way, sounds like a good gig for him...what next? You accidentally break one of this plates, and are on the hook for a new dinnerware set?

whazzup subnation!

tweek, so you get the sub-vapor, the reclaim from the atomiser which drips down, and then when you qwiso the downstem for cleaning (the atomiser), there is another round of reclaim, is that right?

Can someone please tell me how long is the atomizer part that inserts into my bubbler as i would like to know if it can fit into the length of the bubbler downstem. i have been told that this sublimator is built tough, can i say maintenance is basically stripping it down and wash with iron brush & ISO?

The consensus seems to be the sub is tough, but what would be the most likely to fail/vulnerable part of the Sub? thanks.

sorry, last question (could be a dumb one). the vapor is supposedly smoother but is it any cooler than 'normal' vapes?

Yep. I scrape out the oil from the downstem as often as I can, and usually vape it at the same time :ko: Then when it's cleaning time, I rinse it out and my glass piece, and usually get quite a bit of potent oil/reclaim whatever one wants to call it. Not sure of the exact weight, but I had enough to get me through a dry week.

The stem is around 2 inches. Maintenance is simple...the heater can only be cleaned by cranking up the heat and burning out any dirt. The atomizer can be broken down, iso soaked and boiled.

The cord and switch are the weakest link. And yes, I find the vapour to be much more smoother than my other units. I don't have to use water all that often, if at all.

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Nice glass (and dinnerware) is purchased to be used ... if it gets used, good chance there will be occasional breakage ... I would NEVER even think about making my guests pay for something they broke by accident ... (accidents happen ... to all of us)

kingtut106

He has had this piece for over six years it means a lot to him. I think I'm going to get him beyond baked with the sub and convince him to let me fix it. I already talked with someone from glassblowers direct and they said it would be an easy fix since it was a clean break. Has anyone used them to repair something they seem promising after talking but direct feedback would be preferred.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Am I missing something here. Other than the aesthetics ie: glass vs metal and the price, how does the adaptabong differ from the Vriptech?

deadheadbill,
Reactions: Nebu

hassan

Connoisseur
He has had this piece for over six years it means a lot to him. I think I'm going to get him beyond baked with the sub and convince him to let me fix it. I already talked with someone from glassblowers direct and they said it would be an easy fix since it was a clean break. Has anyone used them to repair something they seem promising after talking but direct feedback would be preferred.

Does he not understand the concept of depreciation?

If he's had it for six years, that's about three years longer than the expected 'useful life' of a quality bong - considering the sheer number of accidents that can potentially take place around glass that is used regularly in a three year period - and that is being extremely generous considering I've had expensive bongs break within a month and I've known someone who managed to shatter their bong whilst taking it out of the box before being able to even hit it.

Echoing what others have said, your friend is being more than merely unreasonable.

I think you have been more than decent by offering to repair it - in actuality, his response should have been 'don't worry about it - I've had it forever - I'll figure it out', or if incredibly stingy, 'will you split the repair cost with me?'

And from the pictures it does not seem like it was even close to one of the more expensive RooR's on the market - not to mention, the joint seems extremely poorly designed with absolutely no reinforcement.

Looks to me like it isn't even 5mm thick glass.

Doesn't seem like a very good friend - especially after having a super long, 10+ hit session off the Sublimator - without which he'd never have been nearly as high no matter what he tried using.

Oscar_Milde

Forum Crawler
Yeah, echoing what others have said 6 years of use out of any glass is a good innings, I'd be more than satisfied, and would also never dream of making a guest pay for an accidental breakage..

Oscar_Milde,

poonman

I'm with JCat on this ,
I think his buddy is being a very ' hospitable ' friend .
Nothing kills the mood faster , what if , his friend throws a fit and starts demanding money for a
replacement immediately . But rather , he just shrugs it off , and enjoys the Sub buzz .

You'll know if he's still mad or not , If he invites you back .

poonman,
Reactions: JCat

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
damn man read all the pages and dave44 and random flamers from hell took away some of my time. i think this is a great device albeit the price is a bit too high. The unit must perform exceptional well but with a long warm-up time really throws me off on buying it. The Herbalizer looks like it could probably compare. Anyone that tried the Sub, please go to SD this Saturday to try out the Herbalizer so you can tell us the difference between it and the Sublimator. My best bet right now might be the Sub though for conserving my meds.

Does the Sub come with a wattage meter? How are you guys getting these 'sweet spots'? How long can this unit stay on for and will it be safe to leave it overnight like some have said on here?

CG420,
Reactions: JCat

hassan

Connoisseur
Does the Sub come with a wattage meter? How are you guys getting these 'sweet spots'? How long can this unit stay on for and will it be safe to leave it overnight like some have said on here?

You have to buy the wattage meter separately - that is the best way to gauge your 'sweet spot' to some degree of accuracy.

I have left the Sublimator on for multiple weeks at a time without turning it off - so overnight is absolutely no problem.

NinjaMindTriks

Ninja Vapor Enthusiast
How long does shipping usually take for it to get to people in the states? I am ready to pull the trigger I think!

NinjaMindTriks,

NinjaMindTriks

Ninja Vapor Enthusiast
I'm In USA. Ordered Aug 1 first arrived #auguzt 5 with the cheapest shipping option.
Thanks! That's quicker than I thought it would be. I wish they had the reclaimer for sale.

Do you think it would be the best to get the 14mm version? I have a Burner Tube with an 18mm male stem, so I have to buy an adapter anyways.

Last edited:
NinjaMindTriks,

Tweek

damn man read all the pages and dave44 and random flamers from hell took away some of my time. i think this is a great device albeit the price is a bit too high. The unit must perform exceptional well but with a long warm-up time really throws me off on buying it. The Herbalizer looks like it could probably compare. Anyone that tried the Sub, please go to SD this Saturday to try out the Herbalizer so you can tell us the difference between it and the Sublimator. My best bet right now might be the Sub though for conserving my meds.

Warm up times can be reduced by half (10 min) by cranking the heater up to full for about 5 min, and then back down to your temp range of choice. Still longer than some units, but not bad.

I am getting a Herbalizer once they release, so I can compare both...but it might be awhile till they are out.

tiukauleh

"If I had it to do over again, I would go 14mm, yes."

pls can you guys elaborate on your preference for 14mm?

Last edited:
tiukauleh,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
"If I had it to do over again, I would go 14mm, yes."

pls can you guys elaborate on our preference for 14mm?
Although my glass is almost all 18mm (the reason that I chose that size), the 14mm size gives you the ability to mate it with an adapter and use the GonG adapter for clearing hits. IMO it's easier to pull a GonG piecee than a teflon piece as the GonG slides away much easier.

Also, the 18mm teflon doesn't make a perfect seal all the time. Still gets me plenty medicated, though.

:peace:

NinjaMindTriks

Ninja Vapor Enthusiast
Planetvape is sold out of the 18mm to 14mm straight adapters. Does anyone have a recommendation on a place to get some cheap and fast?

NinjaMindTriks,

NinjaMindTriks

Ninja Vapor Enthusiast
The ioffer seller has the 14mm Female to 18mm Female Adapter for 24. Mountain glass doesn't carry it.
This sellers is currently out of stock and will ship as soon as he receives them.
I think I will go with this http://aqualabtechnologies.com/alt-90-14-mm-female-to-18-mm-female-adapter.html from ALT. Thanks for eveyones input. I have my sub on the way!

NinjaMindTriks,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

PAZZ

The ioffer seller has the 14mm Female to 18mm Female Adapter for 24. Mountain glass doesn't carry it.

This sellers is currently out of stock and will ship as soon as he receives them.
I think I will go with this http://aqualabtechnologies.com/alt-90-14-mm-female-to-18-mm-female-adapter.html from ALT. Thanks for eveyones input. I have my sub on the way!

have you tried glassblowersdirect.com ? they are a good possibility

http://glassblowersdirect.com/adapters

Top Bottom