• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Sublimator

grokit

well-worn member
That's the one @Been Vapin :tup:

Of course the other half of the equation is to get the heater hooked up to the dimmer, without compromising the quality of the electrical connection. My advice is to wire the heater with a direct ac plug to go into the dimmer in advance, just to make sure you don't have any issues with it. Not everyone who has tried this has been successful, sometimes the heater is too compromised... I don't remember all the details. You can see more of my journey along these lines by searching for my posts in this thread a few years back.

Good luck, and please keep us posted!
:science:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Finally managed to source and purchase a new heater for my SUB!!
These days I had the choice of a regular heater or one with a thermocouple. I went with the TC version and will be turning it into a digital sub once again.

Also interested in having a glass bowl made for full convection hits. It may also just stay as the modded V1 Sub though for those super heavy knock out hits.

Pretty excited to get it going again!!

Phenix

@lazylathe I can tell you that the Herborizer TI is a fine device to use. Full convection glass vape with TI heating element. and the cable from heating head to controller. I for myself dislike the cable lenghts/connection on my Sublimator Apollo.
The Sub is still great to use, convection plus conduction is impressive af.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@lazylathe I can tell you that the Herborizer TI is a fine device to use. Full convection glass vape with TI heating element. and the cable from heating head to controller. I for myself dislike the cable lenghts/connection on my Sublimator Apollo.
The Sub is still great to use, convection plus conduction is impressive af.

I had a Herbo Ti for a while but sold it for various reasons...
With this upgrade to my Sub, I can make the cable length anything I want for convenience!
It's going to be an interesting beast when done.
Cannot wait for that super baked feeling again!

lazylathe

Almost there...
Progress is being made!!
How sexy are those 4 wires???:freak:

20190827-174451.jpg

20190901-101515.jpg

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
I still haven’t replaced my OG timer box. It started to make the bad sound and was simply put away. Then I wanted to rip some subs many months later. It worked one day before going back to make bad sound.

Hitting it with ball peen no longer fixed it. I reached out to Enrico on IG and he suggested putting some strong magnets on the timer box. Just like that the sound is stopped.

Wish we knew about this 5 years ago.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
logo-border.png

Welcome SubCulture!

This is an amalgamation and continuation of the original FuckCombustion.com Sublimator threads which (if still available) can be found via the following links:

So, whether you're talking OG or XLR, Full Kit or Adapt-a-Bong, Apollo, Dabmaster, UFO, Eliminator, Orion . . . . or even Enrico - this is the place! :tup:

From SublimatorHQ.com:

"The Origins of SUBLIMATOR®
The SUBLIMATOR® was founded in early 2008 in Quebec City, Canada after a legendary eureka moment brewed in legend. After 5 years of research and development, our first Herbal Gasifier launched in 2012. Since then, a whole range of Subs have been built and tested to beyond the satisfaction of thousands of customers worldwide. SUBLIMATOR® embraces the process of years of intense development into some of the best tech on the market: all our units are gasifying refineries for pure extractions of your favourite organic compounds, concentrates and oils. We are BEYOND VAPORIZATION®. Our crews have won several first place awards in European trade show tours and even more online:

Spannabis Barcelona, 2015
Best Product

Spannabis Malaga, 2015
1st Place Best Product

High Times Cannabis Cup 2014 Amsterdam
3rd Place Best PRODUCT COLLAB with ROOR

High Times Cannabis Cup 2014 Amsterdam
1st Place Best GLASS COLLAB with ROOR

Irun ExpoGrow 2014
1st Place Best Product

High Times Cannabis Cup 2013
3rd Place Best Product

We describe ourselves as BEYOND VAPORIZATION® for the unique gasifying effect our machines have. Each Sub’s atomization chamber balances at thermal equilibrium for heating organic compounds. When inhaling through the unit, a negatively-pressured swirling air passes over the flower and is immediately condensed and expanded in an energetic ‘molecularization’ effect which splits the gas into its unbonded molecules to be easier on the lungs + increase bio-availability.

sublimator-homepage-banner.jpg

During this extraction all essential oils and terpenes are extracted from the substance, skipping any secondary extraction process, and providing the purest flavour. We’ve worked with several teams to develop the most complex and desirable flavour profiles out of their plants, and the results have been nothing short of wonderful. If you’d like to join us in GOING BEYOND, please contact us at our main office."

sub-social-pics.jpg

I'm still waiting to hear some user reports from owners of the Sub's latest offering, the Orion . . .
orion-diagram-1.png

chambers-v2.png

beltcover-v2.png

subcultured-kit-preview.png

. . . Anyone?!
d0d2ac0481.0.jpeg

Hopefully somebody will chip in soon.

And finally, another tripped out shot of my monkey controller - just for a splash of colour & a little bit of fun . . . .
A-Warhol-Monkey.jpg

• Adapt-a-Bong Ti Apollo XLR - steadily kicking my ass since March 2014! :cool:

stanley-head.png

SubLove
:peace:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Last edited by a moderator:

ripped

Not too impressed with my RMA I sent to Enrico or whoever is doing his RMA's, I know Enrico is involved because he called me personally months back and at first he was ranting on the call telling me it wasn't under warranty until I reminded him he disappeared for who knows how long and my Titanium V4 enail died and they would not respond to emails but luckily I still had a Dabmaster and power controller.

Fast forward to right now after I sent my Titanium V4 enail and a first generation monkey box, they told me I had to send a controller also even though I told them it worked...claimed they needed it for testing. When it arrived nobody emailed and said anything, after a couple of emails asking whats the status they email me back and say something about the Covid and parts are delayed, so be it.

I've waited months now and I send emails and they're ignored, you've got my controller and my V4 Titanium Enrico, and if you don't have it personally then your guy doing the RMA's does. I sent it registered mail just in case someone claimed it didn't arrive, it was signed for by your guy and the RMA I was given is SST#2110 and you called me on your mobile, I'm from Alberta in case you forget.

I've been pretty easy going about this Enrico, I've held off on personally calling you back and I'll give you the chance to make good on your word you gave me on the phone. Either fix my device and send it back or just send it back and I'll fix it myself, I only sent it to you because I actually trusted you and you gave me an actual RMA# but now its starting to look like I may have been burnt, if not then reply to my emails or send my stuff back.

Its hard to believe your making presales on a new Sublimator yet you can't even properly service the old ones, I'll be holding off on sending any money for a pre-sale based on some photos and a website, when you actually repair my titanium V4 and reply to support emails then I'll actually believe your truly in business.

MGG

Keen to hear news/update on new Sublimator controller if anyone has any info.
I remember there being info available on Sublimator website but it seems to of been taken down or hidden?
It claims it's releasing 2020-2021.

MGG,
Reactions: ataxian

C-weed

Not too impressed with my RMA I sent to Enrico or whoever is doing his RMA's, I know Enrico is involved because he called me personally months back and at first he was ranting on the call telling me it wasn't under warranty until I reminded him he disappeared for who knows how long and my Titanium V4 enail died and they would not respond to emails but luckily I still had a Dabmaster and power controller.

Fast forward to right now after I sent my Titanium V4 enail and a first generation monkey box, they told me I had to send a controller also even though I told them it worked...claimed they needed it for testing. When it arrived nobody emailed and said anything, after a couple of emails asking whats the status they email me back and say something about the Covid and parts are delayed, so be it.

I've waited months now and I send emails and they're ignored, you've got my controller and my V4 Titanium Enrico, and if you don't have it personally then your guy doing the RMA's does. I sent it registered mail just in case someone claimed it didn't arrive, it was signed for by your guy and the RMA I was given is SST#2110 and you called me on your mobile, I'm from Alberta in case you forget.

I've been pretty easy going about this Enrico, I've held off on personally calling you back and I'll give you the chance to make good on your word you gave me on the phone. Either fix my device and send it back or just send it back and I'll fix it myself, I only sent it to you because I actually trusted you and you gave me an actual RMA# but now its starting to look like I may have been burnt, if not then reply to my emails or send my stuff back.

Its hard to believe your making presales on a new Sublimator yet you can't even properly service the old ones, I'll be holding off on sending any money for a pre-sale based on some photos and a website, when you actually repair my titanium V4 and reply to support emails then I'll actually believe your truly in business.
lol...i tried to tell you guys...enrico is shady as fuck.

MGG

Enrico is definitely shady, but most of what he's been in trouble with legally isn't even that big of a deal.
The fact is the Sublimator product he produced was for the most part high quality, the controller was very basic (to a fault), but the actual metal was good quality and produced some of the best vapor I've experienced in terms of density and flavor, the ability to finish a bowl in one hit was novel.

I'm probably going to get the new Sublimator if I can get some more info on what the new controller will be like.

ripped

lol...i tried to tell you guys...enrico is shady as fuck.
I totally agree, to add to the saga about 3 weeks ago I get a call from UPS telling me I have a package thats been returned to me and *refused* by the person I sent it to, I'm sorta surprised as that rarely ever happens and I ship lots of things every month all over North America, lo and behold they told me it from Subculture and I asked them to describe the box, at first they thought he was scamming UPS as they actually thought he opened it and repaired it and then tried to get free shipping back by saying he was refusing it.

That wasn't the case and I was out of town working since a few days before it was dropped off at the UPS and arrived home yesterday and I seen the box and it was exactly how it was packed and it was unopened, I opened the box and further confirmed they didn't fix anything or open it and flat out refused it according to the tracking info.

I followed all his instructions, he made me print and RMA paper and he even asked me to ship a fricken controller with it so they could test it properly, at first I refused and said he should have his own and whoever was answering the emails persisted and said I needed to send a controller so I sent my 1 hour one and not the newer model. Either way I got all my shit back, still broken.

I went on his Instagram and posted and it wasn't long before he was making up shit and saying he had no parts blah blah, but months before the fuckin guy actually calls me on the phone and tries to argue with me and then agrees to fully fix it, he said the same on Instagram and promised he would contact me and he didn't, the guy is full of shit.

I would never send him another dime, he can stuff his pre-orders up his pussy.

ripped

Say you have a dabmaster heater, can you unscrew the dabmaster head and replace it with an apollo head? TIA.

Sorry for the late reply, my one the *weld* happened to give and it was a teeny weld the size of a pinhead allow me to remove the head and replace with a new heater core. my titanium V4 it seems more like they made a small nick in the metal to make it near impossible to unscrew it but I'll be taken it to a welder buddy and hopefully he has an idea how to undo, might just take a vice and a gentle turn to unscrew this one. I'll try to post some photos later today or this weekend of my head being disassembled and the heater core part that I sourced and purchased and it works!

I also had to open and repair a solder joint on one of my controllers, the way it was soldered was a very amateur job for what they charge for their goods, I love my sublimator but when I open his monkey controller and see it wired the way it was I can only think it was an actual "monkey" that wired it!

Heres an example a solder weld that broke in his monkey controller and you can see the round part, I believe its a piezo buzzer on the left side of the photo and you see a chrome looking wire just sorta sitting there not connected, well that was torn completely off the circuit board on the opposite side...to me it almost seemed like the solder heating slowly and it loosened and it wraps around to the other side of the board, seriously Enrico did you have some amateur develop these boards and they gave you a discount because you had to run an exposed connection around the edge of the circuit board? lol

Some didn't know how to properly design a circuit board and oddly had a external trace wrapping around the edge of the board, I can't make this shit up!

Bad soldering torn right off the board opposite side

Repair the solder joint with a small piece of solder core CAT6, solder the one end to the pad bypassing the damaged trace you see in the photo then flip the board and remove that silver piece and solder down the other end of my wire to finish my repair, use solder braid and sucker to remove excess solder, test before assembling with a heat gun sensor, or lick you finger and touch it for the "Ssssssss"

**Note when you are doing solder repairs like this and you've never soldered in your life then PLEASE have someone that can solder it for you or practice before attempting it, a cheap USB microscope and proper clamp to hold the board will make this so much easier to fix if your board is ever damaged or not working like this one, I suspect they sent out hundreds of controllers if not more soldered this same way and they will all fail the same way.

I'll post shortly with a part # that can repair you heater core in your Sublimator if you can disassemble it, of course this WILL void your warranty and I only suggest this repair if your desperate and being ignored by Enrico et al for your repair or your controller or your dabmaster/titanium V4 head that has died.

Here's the heater core part that will work to repair a titanium V4 head if the core dies

PN: 2113-4537
0.25” od x 1.5” lg, 36 v, 50 w, 7” fiberglass leads

Qyt 1 –4 pieces: $ 62.50 ea
Qty 5+ pieces: $ 46.20 ea

This is ordered from https://www.zesta.com/ , note that they initially wanted me to purchase 50 units but I told him I only needed 4 for testing and this is the price I was given for four units, I figured it was best I order spares to repair in the future.

1. Remove Screws - Note that one of them loosens counterclockwise

2. Screws Removed

3. Slide off the BNC handle - **Remaining metal collar if weld came loose will need a new tack weld

4. Unscrew titanium head and pass wiring for new heater core through the pipe, if it gets stuck rotate while pushing through pipe

5. Resolder the BNC connector, only TWO wires needed!

6. Spot to tack weld handle if its loose, you may not have to do this but I had to.

**I also had to replace the BNC cable coming from the controler, when I mentioned about the poor soldering done by Sublimator in my previous post it actually caused heat damage to my BNC handle, I bought a BNC cable from Amazon and replaced it to be safe as the plastic was slightly melted like it shorted!

Good luck!

dron19

Finally managed to source and purchase a new heater for my SUB!!
These days I had the choice of a regular heater or one with a thermocouple. I went with the TC version and will be turning it into a digital sub once again.

Also interested in having a glass bowl made for full convection hits. It may also just stay as the modded V1 Sub though for those super heavy knock out hits.

Pretty excited to get it going again!!

Do you remember the specifics of the heater or where you bought it? Thanks! Greatly appreciate any info you can remember.

dron19

Nevermind getting the specifics for me. I posted in this thread and then found the XLR thread which is what I have. I posted my query over there as I have no information that the heaters are exactly the same in the original design vs the XLR design in physical dimensions/wattage/etc.
Thanks....

dron19,
Reactions: ataxian
Top Bottom