Discontinued The Sublimator

Tweek

All I have ever done is pull it in and out of my glass piece. Naturally there will be a bit of twisting which causes the loosening. Are they saying that it shouldn't become loose at all? Because my atomizer was loose when I got it in the mail.

Tweek,

Tommii

Subdivision Founder / Sublimator Ambassador
All I have ever done is pull it in and out of my glass piece. Naturally there will be a bit of twisting which causes the loosening. Are they saying that it shouldn't become loose at all? Because my atomizer was loose when I got it in the mail.

The heat helps it maneuver. The twisting can be from bong pulling or simply having the heating element moving counter clockwise when in the atomizer. Pretend its like oil, makes it very smooth.

I'd suggest to use a trusty leverage tool to pry it out, such as my Swiss army. When pulling, you're usually at an angle, so it will be pretty hard to get out.

The leverage will get right next to the Teflon and you should be able to pry up. The best place to pry is under the handle.

This is one of my personal techniques to get it out.

----

I'm also getting a custom blown glass piece with somewhat a same design as PV. Except it will be orb design since rounder is more stable and stronger than a straight tube.

$100 quote, but I think it's worth it since the first few fix are free(accidental shattering from dropping or other)

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
My atomizer also arrived loose. I dislike the c-clip and feel like its gonna be the demise of my atomizer. The Sublimator seems to be pretty bombproof except for that c-clip design.

It seems many people are experiencing c-clip issues, not just myself.

Just dabbed a nice rip of clean red sublimate oil. Huge fan of heat extracted oil for some years now. Have some good pics of volcano oil that is similar to sub oil that will get posted tommarow. With the volcano I would get about a small pea sized rip'every 14 grams or so.

Imagine a giant Apollo and giant atomizer, designed to Sublimate large quantities of flower, and to collect/condense vapors into Sublimate oil. Throw in 200g and watch 20g of solvent free goodness come out.

http://imgur.com/wKz9ccQ,npuStR7#1

This is some cano oil that was super clean almost no containment. No solvent used to collect it. Just my trusty English tobacco pipe tool.

Last edited:

C-weed

This atomizer is beginning to worry me.....i am very close to obtaining sub but kinda spooked.

C-weed,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
no problems with my atomizer so far.
i use two hemostats (med. pliers) to unscrew the top and bottom while warm.

i do try not to twist around and around in my piece, but there is some back and forth and it def. is looser. i do use it a lot, tho.

on another note, both burns are fully healed. minimal scarring due to salves.
and no more freshies. muscle memory has learned to stay clear.

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: grokit

kingtut106

This atomizer is beginning to worry me.....i am very close to obtaining sub but kinda spooked.
Don't worry it is beyond a minor issue and once you rip it one time you want care about anything.

My burn healed after two weeks just rub some canna butter on it, it heals all.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
it really fuckin' does. i am hoping the EVO is on par, but i'm doubtful.
this thing rips me all day with much, much less than i was using.

i've touched my torches maybe 5 times in weeks. mostly 'for guests

and i'm vaping 10x what i was before. i was still combusting and now that goes thru the sub

stickstones

Vapor concierge
my atomizer drip is pretty dark. Are you guys using ISO to clean and reclaim or just scraping this goodness out?

stickstones,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
my atomizer drip is pretty dark. Are you guys using ISO to clean and reclaim or just scraping this goodness out?
i let mine drip in it's bay, previously into a jar.
i've gotten much smarter and now i have a small oil slick pad wedged in it's place.
that way the whole jar isn't just sitting there open under my sun lamp, but when i catch a drip i throw it in there. i am waiting 'til it has at least 3 grams, probly 5, then i'll probly winterize it. sometimes i do just dab it, or if it looks like it's about to drip i scrap it up with my dabbler and melt drop it into the jar (or just dab it).

i got that double honeycomb turbine piece today
http://thick-quality-glass.myshopif...b-water-pipe-7mm-thick-w-spinning-splashguard

basically looks like this, but blue and the base and top are darker blue
green_large.jpg

the drag was a little heavier than expected, but dry it does a great job.
also by adding a couple extra drops of NACE i was able to drop the water level a bit more.
CON - I still had to use a MM and FF adapter to distance the tip of the sub from the water when using water and trying to fire all percs fully. it JUST touched the tip. probly could add a few more drops of NACE and a few ml less water, but i liked the distance anyway, 'cuz...

PRO - if using ice in the pinches it keeps the glass from getting too hot from proximity to the sub. you can watch the ice melt while the sub sits in it.

CON - it looked like the neck was bent slightly in the pics (to me anyway) and it wasn't, it is straight, and the turbine slits def. look smaller than in the (other) pics (it was closer to this pic, which i hadn't looked as closely at), contributing to drag.

PRO - can be used w/ just ice for herb and/or oil and does a great job on it's own.
and it was only $120 w/next to bomb proof packing!

CON - they were only communicative when they wanted to be (which was next to never) and they took way longer to ship than they said.

Will try to get a video up by the weekend

I dig that smell as well, but no one else I live with appreciates it!

pearls before... i don't want to call whoever you live with swine, but you get the idea ;)

Monsoon

In my opinion, sublimator is best on market. Build quality, hits, extraction, cant be beat. Being able to get this thick smooth vapor, cant be beat. iv used volcano, ssv, da buddha, the cloud, rock zap, extreme q. It beats them all!!!

I agree and my ExtremeQ is now sitting in the corner collecting dust since I got the Sub. Using the Solo after a couple weeks felt incredibly slow and inefficient too.

Tweek

I scrape as much as I can, and when the atomizer needs a cleaning, just flush the rest out with some ISO.

omg.....i am still laughing.thank you for sharing that ...i had a bad day,and that actually made me laugh out loud.

When I first got the burn, it looked a little shriveled...when I would flex, it kinda looked like it was popping a lil chub.

Tommii

Subdivision Founder / Sublimator Ambassador
i let mine drip in it's bay, previously into a jar.
i've gotten much smarter and now i have a small oil slick pad wedged in it's place.
that way the whole jar isn't just sitting there open under my sun lamp, but when i catch a drip i throw it in there. i am waiting 'til it has at least 3 grams, probly 5, then i'll probly winterize it. sometimes i do just dab it, or if it looks like it's about to drip i scrap it up with my dabbler and melt drop it into the jar (or just dab it).

i got that double honeycomb turbine piece today
http://thick-quality-glass.myshopif...b-water-pipe-7mm-thick-w-spinning-splashguard

basically looks like this, but blue and the base and top are darker blue
green_large.jpg

the drag was a little heavier than expected, but dry it does a great job.
also by adding a couple extra drops of NACE i was able to drop the water level a bit more.
CON - I still had to use a MM and FF adapter to distance the tip of the sub from the water when using water and trying to fire all percs fully. it JUST touched the tip. probly could add a few more drops of NACE and a few ml less water, but i liked the distance anyway, 'cuz...

PRO - if using ice in the pinches it keeps the glass from getting too hot from proximity to the sub. you can watch the ice melt while the sub sits in it.

CON - it looked like the neck was bent slightly in the pics (to me anyway) and it wasn't, it is straight, and the turbine slits def. look smaller than in the (other) pics (it was closer to this pic, which i hadn't looked as closely at), contributing to drag.

PRO - can be used w/ just ice for herb and/or oil and does a great job on it's own.
and it was only $120 w/next to bomb proof packing!

CON - they were only communicative when they wanted to be (which was next to never) and they took way longer to ship than they said.

Will try to get a video up by the weekend

pearls before... i don't want to call whoever you live with swine, but you get the idea ;)
What's nace?

Tommii,

CheeseSandwich

Anyone else notice there sweet spot is dependent on the piece you are using the sublimator with? At first i had a smaller beaker style bong and my sweet spot was around 40watts but with my new 20" tube its much lower...like 30-33watts :)

CheeseSandwich,
Reactions: Brayden
Top Bottom