• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The "Stunner"

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Yeah I got Zirconia balls if you need them, make sure you leave me a note if you order as I always throw in extra

They should start going out this week to them
Thanks! Totally forgot to ask...... Is this thing is IH (Wand) compatible?

TigoleBitties,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I also don't see how a totally redesigned unit is "minor differences"
Ahh ok so that's the answer, no more innovation in this space...

I understand your enthusiasm for your DIY, but it would be nice to acknowledge your inspiration from PP and reddit. You seem very defensive to the point where I actually can't tell what your changes are bringing to the table. I love to support FC members with their devices, but I am a bit put off by all of this.

I think if you had started out talking about your inspiration I would have felt better about it. But who knows.

Grover

Retailer
Does this mean no zirconia balls available at the moment? Love your store btw. When do you expect to stock it?
I believe that the Stunners that I'm getting from tinctorus come equipped with zirconia balls. As for when? Welp, 'soon' is about the best I can do for now but I will let you know when that happens. And thanks for the kind words! BTW, I've got Fusions up the ying-yang atm. ;-)

mephisto

Here we go again with the potential drama. What about be nice? Let the thread develop and let's all learn about this particular device. If there is helpful critique, it appears that the designer is open to it. FC too often is turning into a lot of poo slinging. For fuck's sake, this whole forum is meant for informing and entertaining. Who said to bring the torches and pitchforks. If this vape design offends you, or causes you pain, tell the OP via pm. I just want to learn about the vape.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Here we go again with the potential drama. What about be nice? Let the thread develop and let's all learn about this particular device. If there is helpful critique, it appears that the designer is open to it. FC too often is turning into a lot of poo slinging. For fuck's sake, this whole forum is meant for informing and entertaining. Who said to bring the torches and pitchforks. If this vape design offends you, or causes you pain, tell the OP via pm. I just want to learn about the vape.
Thank you man I appreciate it, I wasn't trying to get defensive with people before but it can get a little rough 😂

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I believe that the Stunners that I'm getting from tinctorus come equipped with zirconia balls. As for when? Welp, 'soon' is about the best I can do for now but I will let you know when that happens. And thanks for the kind words!
I think I may wait for the version that's IH compatible but thanks! Your store is a beacon for me amongst Canadian shops.
BTW, I've got Fusions up the ying-yang atm. ;-)
Hmmm not a bad problem to have. Sounds like you need a sale :brow:

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
I believe that the Stunners that I'm getting from tinctorus come equipped with zirconia balls. As for when? Welp, 'soon' is about the best I can do for now but I will let you know when that happens. And thanks for the kind words! BTW, I've got Fusions up the ying-yang atm. ;-)

Yes they'll have approximately 50-55 3mm ZrO2 balls, just pop it in a stem and you're good to fly

tinctorus,
Reactions: Grover

Vasgas

Looks like something I have seen before...

Reminds me a lot like the TA? Not sure if you were already aware but it definitely looks like something we’ve seen before

Same concept, different specs

These are all pretty minor differences though. There's no denying this device looks extremely similar to a TA and probably performs very similarly as well.

Obviously you're more than "aware" of the TA - your device would not exist without it.

The fact that you're releasing this just ahead of the expected TA restock kinda rubs me the wrong way tbh. But whatever I guess. This happens constantly in the space now. :shrug:

Totally redesigned? Keep telling yourself that.

Ah yes, the pill bottle idea. Did you get that one from this guy? https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/103bmw0

i think it’s worth at least crediting the inspiration so you’re not immediately having to defend yourself, which it seems like you’re already doing

As a bystander, I’ve gotta say that this kind of takes-on-all-comers approach to criticism is a bit off-putting.

I understand your enthusiasm for your DIY, but it would be nice to acknowledge your inspiration from PP and reddit. You seem very defensive to the point where I actually can't tell what your changes are bringing to the table. I love to support FC members with their devices, but I am a bit put off by all of this.

I think if you had started out talking about your inspiration I would have felt better about it. But who knows.
Fully agreed :rockon::tup:

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
The TA is too hot for most 8mm stems
Not in my experience. I RTL quite comfortably with a lot of 8mm stems (without any waterpiece/bubbler/whatever). :2c:

While I do respect your point of view, I'd like to point out that there are differences.
Take the Terpsicle by @RogueGuy or the Tasty Tube by @davesmith as examples. They both explicilty (this is key here) stated on here that they were inspired by the Vaponic concept. Which is fair, I think. We're all standing on the shoulder of giants, no?
The OP here has clearly chosen to copy a design of a reputable and well respected member of this community. Now, if this device is a welcome addition to our "space", it's for you to decide. In my opinion this is a blatant knock off.

This platform sucks do you have other platforms I can contact you on ig discord etc. It's a bit fan boy around here for me I'm afraid
Thank you very much for your contribution. Incredibly helpful.

btka

Not this unit but I do have plans in the future to make it so
Why it would not work with IH? Because of titanium… would be nice if there would be the possibility to use with IH. And can you microdose with the stunner.. how much minimum you have to put in the bowl?

So you can use all dynavap stems? Are Dani stems also 9mm? Which stems you also can use with the stunner?

Is the vapor comfortable or hot with stem and native?

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Why it would not work with IH? Because of titanium… would be nice if there would be the possibility to use with IH. And can you microdose with the stunner.. how much minimum you have to put in the bowl?

So you can use all dynavap stems? Are Dani stems also 9mm? Which stems you also can use with the stunner?

Is the vapor comfortable or hot with stem and native?
Yeah it takes far far too long with an IH with the titanium top, I do have plans in the works though for a SS cap meant to work with an IH

You can put in any amount you want in the bowl up to .2 and anything in between

This will not fit the Dynavap stems as they're 8mm and this is 9,this will fit the Dani stem of you already have one or any 9mm stem on the market
However next month the adapters I've had made should be finished, those will allow people to use the stunner or Dani on the old 8mm Dynavap stems, I figured people might want to use all the cool Dynavap stems they have😊

I personally don't find it too hot and I haven't heard that from any of the beta units I sent to people while making this

Glorg

Ahh ok so that's the answer, no more innovation in this space...
Are all injector ball vapes the same to you as well?
I mean do you consider the tiodw innovation? If someone made one a mm wider would that be innovative ? When I see another ball vape clone the words that come to my mind are redundant and uninspiring but that’s me. I get it’s hard when the ideas boil down to a cup of heated pearls with air intakes but I’d just say meeting criticism with an open mind goes a long way vs being overly defensive.

Comfortably Numb

These are all pretty minor differences though. There's no denying this device looks extremely similar to a TA and probably performs very similarly as well.

Obviously you're more than "aware" of the TA - your device would not exist without it.

The fact that you're releasing this just ahead of the expected TA restock kinda rubs me the wrong way tbh. But whatever I guess. This happens constantly in the space now. :shrug:
This bothers me...I am sure you are very aware of the TA restock...

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
This bothers me...I am sure you are very aware of the TA restock...
I actually wasn't aware of what he's got going on as far as releases go

@Glorg yes I do think that about the tiodw, I think it's a great unit that gives a really good value to people, as far a being defensive I admit I was a bit more than needed to be but considering things that were said i just got a bit upset as I've got alot of time and research into this and think you can't make a decision on a unit without ever having tried it touched it you know?

I'm more than happy however to answer any questions

Top Bottom