• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@Deano it sounds like you're pretty well versed in use; I've kept it very simple/basic and so don't know what VW mode is, unless that just means variable wattage?
I mainly use watts mode (running myevic) with a sinuous P80 and find that once I dial in a watt setting for a particular strain/batch, I just leave it there, not stepping up at all as it goes along. When material dries further, Splinter gets hotter and goodies release in earnest, I don't find more watts necessary; I employ more a variation in how long I leave power on while drawing, using an 'almost unregulated vape' technique. It can still be possible to combust the load whether at 25 watts or 45 watts, it's mostly a matter of throttling back in time.
Peace

Deano

@Deano it sounds like you're pretty well versed in use; I've kept it very simple/basic and so don't know what VW mode is, unless that just means variable wattage?
I mainly use watts mode (running myevic) with a sinuous P80 and find that once I dial in a watt setting for a particular strain/batch, I just leave it there, not stepping up at all as it goes along. When material dries further, Splinter gets hotter and goodies release in earnest, I don't find more watts necessary; I employ more a variation in how long I leave power on while drawing, using an 'almost unregulated vape' technique. It can still be possible to combust the load whether at 25 watts or 45 watts, it's mostly a matter of throttling back in time.
Peace
Interesting that you customize to the strain.

I step up the watts to produce more vapor. If I start at 28 after several hits it will no longer produce vapor so I step things up in small increments to finish out the bowl. My draws are typically 10 seconds and usually there's pretty visible vapor in this range as well.

How do you manage to finish a bowl without adjusting watts/temps? For further extraction you need more heat. My mod caps out at 15 second pulls and even up to the very end it will stop producing vapor if I don't increase the watts.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Watts do not equal temperature, they just dictate the amount of power going to the heat element
I think the longer the heater is being powered, the hotter it will get.
I guess I often do a few seconds preheat before any draw, unless things are really happening in which case I'll go straight to work. So, a few seconds warmup, unclick, then click on again and start the draw.
We may not be exactly on the same page here, as idk what VW mode is for you!

vapviking,

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
I have this set up, read through the past few pages where I talk about the settings and @bossman helps me. Good luck!
I was hoping to get some help like that for my setup. I can't even get my settings to stick. I change them on the computer and they're not changing on my device. I got it to work once, but not again. I'm feeling like an idiot at this point. Also, I use mine with my bong and I think the settings need to be dialed in for that.

If it wouldn't be too much trouble @bossman, I could really use your help getting my setup dialed in.

kbrown5523,
Reactions: bossman

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I was hoping to get some help like that for my setup. I can't even get my settings to stick. I change them on the computer and they're not changing on my device. I got it to work once, but not again. I'm feeling like an idiot at this point. Also, I use mine with my bong and I think the settings need to be dialed in for that.

If it wouldn't be too much trouble @bossman, I could really use your help getting my setup dialed in.

Hm I never had trouble with that, just hitting upload updated on my mod. You can configure it for a bong, just use that to test as you set it up, tuning the TCR upper down depending and what it feels like... if for some reason its still wonky, it might be worth trying surmyevic fw instead?

Shit Snacks,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

Word up. My non-dna Splinter experience is nearly all on the Wismec RX Gen3 Dual and my settings are those shown in the pic from my prior post:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-splinter-by-rbt.23476/page-187#post-1411195

I have an abandoned version of myevic on that one because it was what I could get installed and it works great.

bossman,
Reactions: Rasputin

Deano

Watts do not equal temperature, they just dictate the amount of power going to the heat element
I think the longer the heater is being powered, the hotter it will get.
I guess I often do a few seconds preheat before any draw, unless things are really happening in which case I'll go straight to work. So, a few seconds warmup, unclick, then click on again and start the draw.
We may not be exactly on the same page here, as idk what VW mode is for you!
I tried your method but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. Using VW mode with Arctic Fox I started at 28 and was able to get pretty tasty and visible vapor but eventually it stops producing unless I increase The power a bit. I even tried to preheat, let off, then re-engage but no vapor was being produced unless I bumped it up to 30-32.

Deano,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I tried your method but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. Using VW mode with Arctic Fox I started at 28 and was able to get pretty tasty and visible vapor but eventually it stops producing unless I increase The power a bit. I even tried to preheat, let off, then re-engage but no vapor was being produced unless I bumped it up to 30-32.
@Alex3oe is right: one good way to use wattage is to start at whatever lower wattage you prefer for flavor hits and then bumping it up for full extraction later. You can get high enough to risk combustion eventually but the key is to monitor the heat, adjust your draw speed, and learn when to get off the fire button.

Last edited:
bossman,

Consolidated21

Mediterranean
Merry Christmas to all.
After installing Tubo fw on my Wismec RXGEN3D, screwed my splinter on, and "atomizer short' appeared.
I've read about it before and i'll try to find it but i am not sure if its here - splinter thread- or fj threads...
If anyone knows the solution, i'll be happy to read it....

Consolidated21,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Merry Christmas to all.
After installing Tubo fw on my Wismec RXGEN3D, screwed my splinter on, and "atomizer short' appeared.
I've read about it before and i'll try to find it but i am not sure if its here - splinter thread- or fj threads...
If anyone knows the solution, i'll be happy to read it....
I'd remove the Z, remove the batteries and check the threads for debris. Then with batteries out screw the Z back in place and then insert the mod's batteries or power cells (I don't care what they're called, but some have been chastised for calling them batteries). Hopefully error is gone and you can set the cold resistance. Merry Christmas!

Consolidated21

Mediterranean
I'd remove the Z, remove the batteries and check the threads for debris. Then with batteries out screw the Z back in place and then insert the mod's batteries or power cells (I don't care what they're called, but some have been chastised for calling them batteries). Hopefully error is gone and you can set the cold resistance. Merry Christmas

Thank a ton @YaMon , it works.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
My recent Chinese warehouse rxg3d arrived this week and I wanted to share these settings which are working extremely well in a standard 370 to 430° temp range.

Pro tip: just adjusting the max watts in TC from 30 to 32 and then 33W has been just the right amount of encouragement to get dense vapor with no hot spotting at all. I think I'll take that approach with my non-DNA mods rather than fucking with the resistance.

IMG-20200104-113215.jpg

Last edited:

Bazinga

When not in use is it okay to leave the mod attached to the Splinter?

It terms of throat irritation the Splinter has been great !!! Finding I'm using my other devices less. Really enjoying the Splinter and want to thank you again (Bossman, Snack, etal) for your guidance.

BTW, the replacement sent by Cole was also defective. I did not try it because there was significant split in the wood and and the glass was unusually rough to the touch (shattered but intact). I can tell you this did not happen in shipping as the device was well packed.

Cole was extremely apologetic and will be sending me another Splinter.

Think when the new one arrives I will get another box mod. Probably the RXG3D.

Shit Snacks

It terms of throat irritation the Splinter has been great !!! Finding I'm using my other devices less. Really enjoying the Splinter and want to thank you again (Bossman, Snack, etal) for your guidance.

BTW, the replacement sent by Cole was also defective. I did not try it because there was significant split in the wood and and the glass was unusually rough to the touch (shattered but intact). I can tell you this did not happen in shipping as the device was well packed.

Cole was extremely apologetic and will be sending me another Splinter.

Think when the new one arrives I will get another box mod. Probably the RXG3D.

Nice! Glad you are enjoying it (you have the Z though, right? This is the regular Splinter thread, common mistake lol)

Yes absolutely fine to leave the Splinter attached to the mod though, that is actually preferable to removing it at all in fact.

The RX G3D is indeed a great mod, hopefully you get a functional replacement for your second Z soon enough, it would go great with that mod (and maybe you'll be able to figure out one of the custom firmwares with TC settings for it :tup:)

Bazinga

Snacks,
Yes it is a Z. Actually this will be a 3rd replacement. I originally ordered 2. One works great. The other wouldn't heat up. It's replacement arrived defective as mentioned above. I'm confident that I'll receive a working replacement.

Shit Snacks

Snacks,
Yes it is a Z. Actually this will be a 3rd replacement. I originally ordered 2. One works great. The other wouldn't heat up. It's replacement arrived defective as mentioned above. I'm confident that I'll receive a working replacement.

Yes yes I remember, maybe my post wasn't too clear, in any case I am glad they are taking care of you! See you in the Z thread my man ;)

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
Hi everyone,

I am now also a proud owner of a Splinter V2 since one week.
I'm using it with a P228 modbox und Arctic Fox Firmware.
Using it in Wattage Mode with a custom curve profile
(Basepower 30W / 130% preheat 3s / 100% Draw 5s / 70% Cooldown 10s) .

So far very happy with my first few puffs.
Before that I had a FocusVape Pro.
I still have and occasionally use my Focus Pro vape, I think they're highly underrated for a good budget conduction vape. But I definitely prefer a convection on-demand vape and the Splinter V2 works great!

kbrown5523,

farmerpalmersnt

Loving my V2 now I've got it running TCR. Using Arctic Fox on an RX2, watttage mode was just inconsistent for me - with hotspot clearly visible on the herb on all but the very lowest settings (which produced no vapour, although lovely flavour). Now its setup nicely its absolutely smashing it...
20200105-011350.jpg

chrismaddahl

Loving my V2 now I've got it running TCR. Using Arctic Fox on an RX2, watttage mode was just inconsistent for me - with hotspot clearly visible on the herb on all but the very lowest settings (which produced no vapour, although lovely flavour). Now its setup nicely its absolutely smashing it...

What TCR settings are you using in Arctic Fox?

chrismaddahl,

Rasputin

Bobcat @ VLife. Le__Bobcat @ IG
Yes. In fact, I personally recommend it. Continual removal of the Splinter from the mod is unnecessarily risking a 510 conanection issue IMO. If you use the mod for other vapes or whatever that is another issue. :peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom